[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest packet85

Shin's mom is queen. She is refered to as Hwang Hu which means Queen. If she's not queen, then who is queen? :blink:

oh.. i see. i thought it was funny i didn't see her in any public appearance with the king so i thought it was still the grandma who's queen. thanks for the info.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strawberrynkiwi

I finally finished Goong in a period of one week. Considering I had exams, which I totally failed, I watch my heart out all week. I gave up on kdrama a long time ago, because of the dragginess. But GOOD NEWS, Goong has given my hope and prove that kdrama dramas are worth watching =DDD. I loved all the characters and I love how it is kinda of a typically love story, but with a twist. I love JJH's nose, its so straight. Shin's character is already. I liked Yul's character more. But you gotta admit that CG matches better with Shin than Yul. They are so sweet. I loved all the hanbok and decoration in the place. I loved most of CG's outfits and her funky hairstyle. I loved the OST. Everytime I listen to it, I smile and people think I am weird. I thought the plot is pretty good until Yul's party, when CG started standing up for herself and wanting to leave the place badly. Those episodes were really painful to get through. Then the part when CG just sudden hugs Shin and they kiss and they made up. That just kind of came out of no where, really weird. Overall, Goong will probably be my favorite kdrama. I thought in the beginning why I would stand Goong was because it was made from a manga(manghwa?) lol dunno korean spelling. But later I found out that Full House was also made from a manga. I am probably the only person that cannot stand Full House and love Goong with all my heart. :blink:

Guest <3 Michelle

I just rewatch all the eps. IT SO GOOD. IT JUST MAKE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS MOVIE MORE AND MORE

Guest ikesan

Hey,

lets run our wild imagination.

Which actors/actresses that you would like to join Goong2? And wot character would you like them to play as?

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

For instance, If the writer does create a new female character who will like Yul (or to be his lover), who would you like to play it? :w00t:

I have no idea atm, but i'll post some soon! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I loooooooveeeeeeee Gooooonngggg!!!

Guest ikesan

In respond to my previous post, wot about

Character : a girl who like Yul. She is nice actually but she turns into evil when she tries so hard to attract Yul, but he still likes CG?

Cast: Kim Tae Hee? or Song Hye Gyo? or Ryu Won (the girl from My name is Kim Sam Soon)?

I just want to see all my fav actress gather together :rolleyes:

Guest Pikachu

Which actors/actresses that you would like to join Goong2? And wot character would you like them to play as?

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

For instance, If the writer does create a new female character who will like Yul (or to be his lover), who would you like to play it? :w00t:

... XDDDDDD I want a character who's going to be a love interest for Hye Myeong (SHin's sister) XDDD;; and also provide the "conflict" in this series (but not in an overly bad way).. played by LEE DONG WOOK! XD

Why Lee Dong Wook? Cause they look hot together, don't you think? XDDD

Another one... is yeah.. a female character for Yul who sort of has the same spunk as CG.. and played by Han Ji Hye! XDDD ... kekeke (she's so cute)

Guest Victoria

hmm.. i think Han Ji Hye is taller than yul? im currently looking at their profiles to see..

lolx. =D but i dont think Han Ji Hye will be suitable in Goong.. so ya..~

Guest Pikachu

hmm.. i think Han Ji Hye is taller than yul? im currently looking at their profiles to see..

lolx. =D but i dont think Han Ji Hye will be suitable in Goong.. so ya..~

well in her profile it said she's 170 cm and KJH's profile said he's 177 cm. :3 I was about to post in my comment that "too bad Han Ji Hye is taller than KJH" but then I decided to look at their threads in soompi to see. :3

but ah well. XD It's called an opinion :3 and I think HJH will look cute in Goong so ya..~ :)

Guest Victoria

hmm yah Han Ji Hye will look cute in Goong2 but i think she and YEH will be fighting for the lead actress spot..i mean for the credibility spot/who's better or something like that. i just dont think that another kinda veteran actress should enter goong.. it should be someone new to acting too.. well that's just my opinion.. =D

Guest asterionlhs

I believe its Ep 15. if not its 16. but pretty sure its 15 because i watched it yesterday. if i'm wrong that means i have a horrible memory :P

And is it 2500 years or 2.5 million years? Anyone want to clarify?

*My 3rd post on soompi! hehe

maybe i can clarify ambiguity of term

both of them are wrong

actually it is 25million years. more specifically, shin refered "이천오백만년"

"이천오백(2500) * 만(10000)=25000000 년(year)"

i hope the answer help you

hello everyone!

this is a continuation of my last post:

here's a bit from ASTA May

"Production house Eight Peaks commented that they are planning on a second season but they still face issues with contracts with actors and the station. These formalities with actors and the station can be complicated and delicate at times. They are also discussing whether the second season should cover the college life of the main characters or show more of their parents' younger days. One thing they are certain of, however, is to produce the whole second season before release, instead of having an interactve drama production like for season one. The production house says that relying too much on public opinion is driving the drama away from the original stories. At the moment, they are struggling to stick to the ending they had originally planned."

this magazine comes out a month before, so as we know, they've already confirmed JJH, YEH, & KHJ for the next season (if the info posted previously is correct ^^), so it seems like they will be focusing on this generation (hopefully!!!! i don't know if anyone wants to hear about the king + MoToot's love story.. <_< )

for a short ditty on JJH's crazy schedule from ASTA April, click on the thumbnail below (from my review of ASTA April on the SOOMPI mainsite:

asta04_goong_thumb.jpg

this is slightly off-topic, but i'm a bit disappointed with the GOONG OST 2. none of the songs really sound familiar, or make me think of goong... unlike the My Name is Kim Sam Soon OST 2 (Memories of Kim Sam Soon), which i almost liked better than the super-excellent first OST. if you guys haven't watched Kim Sam Soon yet, it's totally worth checking out - probably my favorite k-drama of all time (so far) :) i'm just saying cuz i totally loved goong (except for all the ep.19-22 lameness), so if we have similar tastes, you'll probably love MNIKSS too ^^

edit: ugg, i made so many typos in the article ^^;

Guest Pikachu

hmm yah Han Ji Hye will look cute in Goong2 but i think she and YEH will be fighting for the lead actress spot..i mean for the credibility spot/who's better or something like that. i just dont think that another kinda veteran actress should enter goong.. it should be someone new to acting too.. well that's just my opinion.. =D

Well, yeah that's true. I was only basing it on her looks since she seems to have that "spunky" and "cute" look around her, which is why I thought she'd be cute for Yul. XD That and my knowledge of k-actress are limited to the lass than 10 dramas I've seen..X D

(hopefully!!!! i don't know if anyone wants to hear about the king + MoToot's love story.. <_< )

this is slightly off-topic, but i'm a bit disappointed with the GOONG OST 2. none of the songs really sound familiar, or make me think of goong... unlike the My Name is Kim Sam Soon OST 2 (Memories of Kim Sam Soon), which i almost liked better than the super-excellent first OST. if you guys haven't watched Kim Sam Soon yet, it's totally worth checking out - probably my favorite k-drama of all time (so far) :) i'm just saying cuz i totally loved goong (except for all the ep.19-22 lameness), so if we have similar tastes, you'll probably love MNIKSS too ^^

I actually felt the same way about Goong OST 2, after listening to some of the tracks (I haven't listened to all). The first OST was better, in terms of the songs with lyrics and instrumental stuff.. more Goong-y feel to it. :( And yeah, after hearing MNIKSS' OST 1 and 2, I kidna wish the same happened with Goong OST 2 :(((

and XD off-topic but it's been a long time since I heard (at least around this thread) the term mo-toot XD and you saying it is kinda cute. XD *dies*

Guest ikesan

I agree... I duno much about new actress tho :(. As for look, I think Kim Tae Hee will make a good couple wif Yul. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Dont you think so ??

Guest mizzlinhie

hello everyone!

this is a continuation of my last post:

here's a bit from ASTA May

"Production house Eight Peaks commented that they are planning on a second season but they still face issues with contracts with actors and the station. These fomalities with actors and the station can be complicated and delicate at times. They are also dicussing whether the second season should cover the college life of the main characters or show more of their parents' younger days. One thing they are certain of, however, is to produce the whole second season before release, instead of having an interactve drama production like for season one. The production house says that relying too much on public opinion is driving the drama away from the original stories. At the moment, they are sturggling to stick to the ending they had originally planned."

this magazine comes out a month before, so as we know, they've already confirmed JJH, YEH, & KHJ for the next season (if the info posted previously is correct ^^), so it seems like they will be focusing on this generation (hopefully!!!! i don't know if anyone wants to hear about the king + MoToot's love story.. <_< )

Oh so they'll probably focus on CG and Shin college life or show more of their parent's younger days?? I prefer of focusing on their college life and how they would live together as a real wife and husband :D I hope Goong 2 will be good, well at least 3/4 as good as goong 1 :) We love CG and Shin, PD should not forget to focus more on them :sweatingbullets: . I understand how the production house feels about relying too much on the fans comments, but no matter what they'll do, i hope they won't make goong 2 too sad :( No cancer please!! :angry:

Guest chigurl

These fomalities with actors and the station can be complicated and delicate at times. They are also dicussing whether the second season should cover the college life of the main characters or show more of their parents' younger days.

i really hope they dont focus on da parents younger days...

i couldnt stand mo-toot, dont knw wat i would do if i had to watch da whole series wit her again... :crazy:

i think they should focus on cg & shins married life especially outside the palace..

and XD off-topic but it's been a long time since I heard (at least around this thread) the term mo-toot XD and you saying it is kinda cute. XD *dies*
i was quite excited to use that term for the first time!! :lol:

let me stand by my own rules and make this a productive post

check out this wonderful title image beautifulxmess made for the SOOMPI mainsite GOONG page:

goong_title.gif

re: the comment about kim tae hee + yul... i've never seen her in any dramas or anything, but she just seems like she's so much older than yul? even though KJH is like 26 in real life... just my initial impression!

i think only the instrumentals are familiar to me, and of course the speech by shin and cg.

the songs with vocal singing are not in any of goong episodes. i don't understand why they put the songs in the ost other than try to generate more $$. Saying that, I like the 1st song by HowL and Luna. Although it's a very un-goongly song, the catchy tune is infectious and maybe because they use this song to compile the BTS scenes, so whenever I hear this song, it always brings a smile to my face, just like how the BTS put a smile on my face when I am watching them. :D:D:D

check out this wonderful title image beautifulxmess made for the SOOMPI mainsite GOONG page:

http://soompi.com/UserFiles/Image/dramas/goong_title.gif

Gosh, this is just beautiful. beautifulxmess makes amazing graphics :D

now, if only there is a bigger version of this... *hahah*

Archived