[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest donilpark

=OOOO are they really for sale?? I want a shinnnn <3333

and just wondering, is any other place in the world airing Goong besides the US and korea?

It's being aired in the US?

That's a news to me.

What episode are the US viewers at?

edit. just wondering [again] what exactly is that drink thing the shin drank before the "night"??

Some kind of aphrodisiac... Who knows what it really is...?

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=OOOO are they really for sale?? I want a shinnnn <3333

and just wondering, is any other place in the world airing Goong besides the US and korea?

edit. just wondering [again] what exactly is that drink thing the shin drank before the "night"??

itz for sale but it darn expensive.. 90uSd

Guest cilik

i think i read somewhere in this thread that it's being aired in the philippines and indonesia as well...

EDIT:

About the season 2 issue, I believe donilpark and amanda are right. This article also seems to suggest that season 2 is NOT the 4-episode extension. I don't have perfect understanding of the article, but from what I can gather, it's saying that in addition to the 4-episode extension, there will be a season 2.

Guest Telly

It's being aired in the US?

That's a news to me.

What episode are the US viewers at?

Some kind of aphrodisiac... Who knows what it really is...?

hrmm, i believe they're going to air it in the Philippines, too. not now though, but soon enough =D

darn, mandaaa beat me to it =p fast fingers, i say! faaaaaaaaast =p

itz for sale but it darn expensive.. 90uSd

ack, wow =o 90 bucks =o hehe, amandaaa dearest, are you going to buy it? =p

Guest haydee

Oh, I see.

So it's just a mistranslation.

What they are saying is not that the 4 episodes are season 2, but that they are extending season 1 by 4 episodes in order to make a connecting link with a potential season 2.

So these are exactly the articles that I was thinking about, and I wondered if there was any new development after this.

IF thats the case I'm gonna be dissapointed. You can only go so far with a drama series like that. They should just leave it at 24 and not even consider doing that. Thats the one major flaw with TV studios, they want a sequel if it goes realy good and sequels in general stink. Unless season 2 has to do with a continuation of any Manwha storyline. But other then that i'm very doubtful at a whole season 2. Just finish it at 24 sheesh! Oh well!

bellaangel012: your theory is an interesting lead into Season2 but like mj07 said it would be dragging out too long!

in Ep14 (now that we have the sub) i still dun get the part where CG & the little boy in the balloon scene!?!?!

in the manhwa a similar event was used to show CG's longing to be away from the palace, to be free to walk in the streets again

but inserted at this point in Ep14, does it mean CG is considering getting out of the palace as well?

giving it all up since her love is unrequited and she longs to be outside the palace?

wat is the significance of releasing the blue balloon then?

1. to signify that she wants to let go of all her sadness ("Go far....far away.....") and try to stay on in the palace OR

2. that she's gonna get outa the palace and be free like the balloon?

i believe shin's sister role in the show is also in a way helping shin, to retain his crown prince status.. the ailing king is always threatening shin and ready to let yul inherit his position...

shin's sister is always there to pacify the pea brain king :ph34r: so while cg has choi sanggoong to help and offer advice, shin's sister is there for him too.

in a way i like to think that it is the sister who made shin realise that he's beginning to feel for cg.. when cg fell sick, and shin was so worried and taking care of her at the same time, the sister asked him if he's beginning to like her... shin although look embarrassed and sort of denied it.. he must hv given it some thought later on..

shin campers, head over to JJH thread if you're thirsting for more of his pictures okie...

goodbye for now~ annyeong~

haha pea brain king? *nods nods* good way of describing him.

Also, yeah I guess Shin's sister is helping in the parents department and come to think of it, I also think that his sister is the one who gave Shin a wake up call about his feelings towards Cg.

Guest usyagitntn

I'm still a little bit confused :sweatingbullets: (sorry for being so slow today). So the they will air 24 eps this year and IN WINTER OF 2007 there'll be a second season or the second season is just 4 eps which will be aired right after season 1 ends? Okay never mind guys, so 24 eps of season 1 will be aired this year and season 2 will be in winter of 2007( I hope that it doesn't become too draggy)

Ang I posted this in the previous pages but don't know if anyone noticed ('cos by the time I posted we're already on a new page :sweatingbullets: )

Anyone know what the song they played at the back ground from the part where CG confessed in the car to the part where Shin, Cg and the Internal officer were watching the slide show of the pics Shin took on the beach?(in ep16). I originally thought that the song is in the OST but I checked and it wasn't there so if you know what is called and have it, can you upload it and share the link :D Thank you very much!!

From this part:

bscap007.jpg

To this part

bscap008.jpg

Your help is much appreciated!!! :D

...I feel like I'm spamming ^^;

Guest donilpark

bellaangel012: your theory is an interesting lead into Season2 but like mj07 said it would be dragging out too long!

in Ep14 (now that we have the sub) i still dun get the part where CG & the little boy in the balloon scene!?!?!

in the manhwa a similar event was used to show CG's longing to be away from the palace, to be free to walk in the streets again

but inserted at this point in Ep14, does it mean CG is considering getting out of the palace as well?

giving it all up since her love is unrequited and she longs to be outside the palace?

wat is the significance of releasing the blue balloon then?

1. to signify that she wants to let go of all her sadness ("Go far....far away.....") and try to stay on in the palace OR

2. that she's gonna get outa the palace and be free like the balloon?

I think it's number 2.

Shortly before that scene, she talked to herself about how things she did that she took for granted before now seem like something completely strange.

And she feels that way because lonliness came over her after having seen that incriminating picture.

Guest `soliloquy

Nothing's uncertain.

Everything is fixed.

Season 1: 24 episodes.

Season 2: winter 2007. Don't know how may episodes yet.

Sounds draggy.. >.<

This really is gonna drag quite a bit, don't know how to react to this piece of news.

Anyhooo, thanks donilpark for that tidbit, appreciate it.

Guest deeism

Lol. Sorry if I'm a spoiler, but neither Yul or Shin become the King.

Ohh?? why is that? =S

the doll things for 90USD?!?!?! holy whoaaa. i hope they make a mini key chain or something.. =b I think i might make my own... ^^;;

asianempress, I agree with you also. I don't think Shin is flipflopping.

It'll be unfair to call him that way judging by the what MBC gave us at the end of eppie 16 last Thursday.

When I watched towards the end of that eppie again, it was so clear that the PD wants to give us chunks of hints, and like I said before, it's like playing a puzzle.

Each scene is important to 'glue' all the unsolved mysteries that we, as audience still have in the back of our minds.

Agree. I don't think it's fair to say Shin is flipflopping about his feelings based on ending of Ep16. and yes, if you watch the last few min of ep16, starting from the part when ho toot is brought to the hotel, the pds are not revealing anything, more of giving small hints as to what will happen in ep17 & 18.

Anyhow, when I was re-watching the episodes again, i observed that Shin has never gave any indication that he wants to get back together with ho toot after the farewell trip. He kept all the stuffs she gave him in a box and took down all her picture in his dark room. When CG fainted, he did not even spare ho toot a glance. When ho toot called him to meet her at the bookshop, he looks reluctant at first but went in the end to tell her to give up on him as he could not give her anything else. The next time he looked for her was when he was worried about his missing wife. In school, when ho toot was reminiscing about their past, he did not say a single word and left. Of course, before he left, she asked him that all-too-important question which he gives a quite satisfying answer (he should say " yes, I am very much in love with her"!). Even when she committed suicide and he visited her in the hospital, he did not give any indication that he wants to get back to her. Even when she asked, how could you just forget your first love so easily, he only said "sorry" (which i take it to mean that he has did indeed put his feelings for ho-toot to an end) Also, everytime CG mentioned ho toot, he has this frown on his face as if he's displeased that CG is still so bothered by ho toot when she is nothing but just a thing of a past to him

So based on all these, I do not think he is flipflopping about his feelings. I am actually quite pleased with the PDs in their potraying of his feelings. At first glance, you may think that he's flip flopping between CG and ho toot but when you watch the episodes carefully, there was never that indication! I shall not speculate anymore and wait patiently for ep 17 & 18. Hopefully the PDs gives us good episodes again.

:blush:

Guest cilik

hrmm, i believe they're going to air it in the Philippines, too. not now though, but soon enough =D

darn, mandaaa beat me to it =p fast fingers, i say! faaaaaaaaast =p

gehehehe sorry telly dear :P

i just finished watching ep 13 & 14 with subs, once again thanks to the subbing team :D

did anyone else notice how shin was bobbing his head when the halmamama sang in the car in the jejudo scene? it was funny seeing him act so..."un-prince"like hehehe

i loved how choi sang gong showed a concerned expression when mo-toot gave CG a hard time about her studies and activites in ep 13...

and the halmama cracked me up when she told the queen that it's time to "pass the baton" to ShinChae when they were discussing putting CG & shin in one room..

i also thought it was funny how choi sang gong and the other two assistants were all giggling and tried to be all secretive when they gave CG her manicure-pedicure before her first night...

and in ep 14, i'm impressed that kang in actually said "she looks sad today" when he & hyorin saw CG in the school hallway. i didn't know he had the slightest interest in CG's feelings...woo hoo for my favorite stooge!

and although i'm a shin supporter, i have to say i loved how shin looked guilty when yul told him "you always make her cry". do you know what you've made your wife go through now, you babo hubby?

and tenshiii0ox, where did you hear that news from?

Guest donilpark

Anyone know what the song they played at the back ground from the part where CG confessed in the car to the part where Shin, Cg and the Internal officer were watching the slide show of the pics Shin took on the beach?(in ep16). I originally thought that the song is in the OST but I checked and it wasn't there so if you know what is called and have it, can you upload it and share the link :D Thank you very much!!

From this part:

bscap007.jpg

To this part

bscap008.jpg

Your help is much appreciated!!! :D

Sorry I can't help you with the music, but the post reminded me of something interesting, how Chaegyeong mentioned the dark room in the scene where they were about to watch pictures on the computer.

Besides from the PPL with that remote controlled computer (it's that Windows Media Center Edition or something like that, right?), it's interesting for Chagyeong to mention the dark room at this point.

This is the first time Shin takes pictures of Chaegyeong (to my memory), and considering that he has a thing about photography, (he even grabbed a camera at his first birthday party) this seems like a very important turning point.

The dark room is the space of Shin's memory with Hyorin and her pictures.

Now, just before he announces to Hyorin that he thinks he likes Chaegyeong, he takes pictures of Chaegyeong and enjoys it outside in the brightness of his bedroom rather than the dark room (like how Hyorin was but a secret, shadow girlfriend to him)

Maybe there's a meaning even to the fact that he took Hyorin's pictures with conventional film camera and Chaegyeon's pictures with digital camera there.

So this may symbolically mean that he completely shook Hyorin off of his mind and that his feelings are now for Chaegyeong.

Guest HomelessBird

Hello everyone ! I love Goong so much ! But I m so tired of all the news and rumors about the season 2 ! MBC at least must confirm something before they actually do it, right ? I'm also tired of all the emotional rollingcoaster ride that the PDs give us . Shin is playing on and off with CG ! Their relationship get better at 1 ep, then worse in the next ep ! I m just so tired ! I dont like people playing with my emotions. Goong suddenly appeared in my life . It gives me all the thrilling and excitement waiting every Wed and Thurs to come, then it filled me with all the upset, lost and confusing feeling every Thurs. I m exhauted ! I think I gonna leave this thread and Goong for Goong sake ! It will be better this way ! Good bye, my love for Goong. I will be sad and miss it a lot, but I guess it will be alright without me. :tears:

I wonder whethe CG would feel the same if she one day chooses to leave Shin and the Palace ... J/K I hope it won't come true

I think it's number 2.

Shortly before that scene, she talked to herself about how things she did that she took for granted before now seem like something completely strange.

And she feels that way because lonliness came over her after having seen that incriminating picture.

i think its 1 because despite all her sadness and her longing to be outside the palace, she has become quite close to the great queen and loves her maids and such. in short, she has made herself a life outside of her home and what she was talking about at the end of ep 16, she still is in disbelief that the royal family is her family now.

i do think that she will probably divorce shin or request to study abroad or something like that in the mean time so to keep that promise to him that within 2 to 3 years, when he does give up the crown prince position, then they can quietly divorce. In a way, her going away signifies a divorce between the two and then probably Shiln will finally SMELL THE COFFEE and fight for her or try to find her again.

Archived