[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ebrigid

hi everyone, sorry for butting in but i just finished watching episode 16 and i gotta just say how irritated i am at hyorin.

#1 for breaking up the bonding :wub: between CG and Shin. I absolutely loved how Shin's really starting to open up to CG and even pronounces to Hyorin that he's beginning to fall in love with CG . But Hyorin had to come in to destroy their peace. But how else could this drama then prolong to 24 episodes right?

#2 as in all good dramas nowadays, "bad guys" also have human sides to them. The writer is really making me feel so sad for Hyorin. To have the slight twist that she's not really rich but just the daughter of a rich household's domestic help (??) is just wrong cos i've been hating her the whole way through. Now I've got to sympathise with her and realise she's just a girl looking for love. I guess she rejected Shin not really cos she didn't want to get married to him, but cos she was just unsure if he would be able to accept her status (not sure if Shin knew abt Hyorin's background b4hand, anybody knows about this?) and it's just such a far-out, totally outrageous suggestion. Seriously if a guy proposed to you in high school, would you accept the very first time? I dun think so (that's just my opinion tho :) ) If Shin had just got off his high horse (sorry if i offend anybody here) and been more persistent about marrying the one he loved, Hyorin might have accepted but then....we'll haf no Goong...hehe...just another fluffy thot fr my mind.

:P

#3 how could she commit suicide? Although I should expect this from a korean drama with all its cliches and wad nots, this just doesn't sync with my previous image of her. She's supposed to be headstrong, gung ho and one who fights for what's hers but now she's jsut plain vulnerable. Sighz..another way that the writers found to humanise her. It's her first love, and her first love just told her he loves another person. Don't you just hate it when guys don't break off properly with you? I guess Shin probably thinks he did properly break off with her but it didn't really come off so when i was watching it.

So kudos to the writers (or the person who wrote the manhwa) for humanising the evil one (but then again Yul's mum is the ultimate evil one and to me she's just a complete psycho and if wad i read a few hundred pages back about how Yul is really Shin's bro, then she's just pure and utter evil...i see her ending in a nut house cos one day her plan is gonna fall through and her breakdown then will be just pure and utter delight to watch...oops that sounds really evil of me.)

Goong just got more interesting. Yeah!!

Thanks everyone for sharing so many good stuff on Goong.

sorry if these comments have been posted before but the thread's just growing too fast for me to catch up with the backlog. :blink:

Guest LiddoRin

i have a question. How come wheni play EP 7 with the subs, theres always the "This is a free Fansub" and "Get it for free. Don't buy from animedivx.com" and it always blocks out what the characters are saying.

I've tried to fastforward the subs but it's still the same. They totally skip the subs for that part of the EP and play it like 10 minutes later.

Can someone tell whats wrong? It goes for episode 8 too. I haven't had any other troubles with the EP before 7.

Guest Telly

i have a question. How come wheni play EP 7 with the subs, theres always the "This is a free Fansub" and "Get it for free. Don't buy from animedivx.com" and it always blocks out what the characters are saying.

I've tried to fastforward the subs but it's still the same. They totally skip the subs for that part of the EP and play it like 10 minutes later.

Can someone tell whats wrong? It goes for episode 8 too. I haven't had any other troubles with the EP before 7.

are you using BSPlayer?

i've encountered the same problem before, too, so i decided to use VobSub together with BSPlayer [turn off the subtitles in BSPlayer], and leave VobSub on =)

i hope my explanation is clear enough =D

if you don't have VobSub, you can downoad it from the K-Lite Codec Pack

Guest starryeyedwonder

hey guys~ question =)

I read a while ago on this thread.. that they're trying to end this drama around the time and pretty much adapted to the manhwa..

and i heard that goong 2 (the four extension episodes) will be when they're at university.. so if that's true, is that what would happen in the manhwa too?

thanks in advance.. i was really curious about that :D

Anyone read the manhwa??? Care to share the ending of it? I try to look for it here in Singapore but I think the manhwa is sold here.......

Guest cilik

Hello Goongers!! *waves*

As beautifulxmexx already said a few pages back, I will be the new maintainer of The First Post. And wow, what a complicated process it is ;) I just realised how much work both beautifulxmexx & theedqueen have done for us. Thank you so much for helping us Goongers, both of you rock!! :)

Congratulations on the new position and the best of luck, Rie! I'm sure you'll do a great job, and I definitely won't hesitate to bombard your PM inbox with opinions and/or goodies I find that may be of relevance (kehehehehe....just kidding dear, I promise I won't go crazy with the PM...). Let me know if you need help with anything (finding posts etc. etc.), I'll be sure to lend you a hand :P

Regarding jess's (jun ji) post, all I have to say is that I'm as guilty of spammage as some athers are, and that's exactly why I'll try hard to be a responsible goonger and make my posts count from now on. And it's precisely because I love this thread so much that I don't want to risk getting it closed down :tears:

So let's try our best together, fellow goongers! Aja Aja!

Anyways, back to Goong. I rewatched episodes 15 & 16 last night, and I noticed that Yul's aura of rebelliousness (if that makes sense) at the luncheon in ep 15, at least to me, was more intense than I sensed the first time I watched it. And it's not just the glares he exchanged with Shin or the bold comments he made at dessert time. I think his appearance is probably part of the reason for it too. First he arrived later than everyone else, and secondly, I think the outfit he wore was a lot less conservative than what the other royal family members were wearing. Shin and the king were wearing suits, and even the evil mo-toot was wearing a blazer and a skirt. What Shin's sister (sorry, I don't know the proper romanization for her name) wore wasn't the most conservative outfit either, but I thought Yul's bright blue jacket somehow made him stand out more compared to everyone else. Just my opinion :P

LiddoRin, regarding your question (I know Telly has answered it --thanks Telly!--, but I thought I'd give you an alternative), another option is to watch it on Media Player Classic (as recommended by the subbing team). Another player I know of that can display the subs properly is zoom player, which I personally use. Hope this helps!

m(_ _)m Please forgive me for the long post...

Guest LiddoRin

are you using BSPlayer?

i've encountered the same problem before, too, so i decided to use VobSub together with BSPlayer [turn off the subtitles in BSPlayer], and leave VobSub on =)

i hope my explanation is clear enough =D

if you don't have VobSub, you can downoad it from the K-Lite Codec Pack

Yeah i'm using BSPlayer. thankyou so much Telly, i'll take your advice on it. Thanks so much.

Guest sesami

It's 3am now & I can't sleep. So being a Goonster I decided to log into this thead.

I've a question. In episode 15 or 16 there's a scene where Hyorin was hanging out some clothes and talking to her mum. If I'm not wrong, her mum was worried about money to pay for her school fee & that she was actually very poor. Somebody else (I think it's the mum's employer/house mistress) had to help her pay her school fee. Thus, I wonder in the early episodes, how could she afford to buy the mp3 player (latest model) for Shin on his birthday? Also how did she get money to go Thailand etc... I find it quite puzzling...

Don't tell me that the beetle guy paid for her Thailand trip and maybe all her other expenses??

Guest mooga

Btw the manhwa of Goong, anyone know if they have the chinese version??? :( cos I would really love to read it. :)

I found the Chinese version over at the YYCafe clubbox... not sure if they have the whole set, but I did download one book...

Guest AznGrlz

AznGrlz- I like ur MV! I like the song being played! I never knew that the richard simmons CAT DOLLS sang that!

Thank you! Ya..same here, at first i didn't know it was them that sang it :phew: so i had to go look it up :sweatingbullets:

Omg! when i watched 15 again...going through the scenes that i skipped, i noticed when mo-toot and the old king was talking...shin's servant dude :that one old man: was there to witness...he knows sumt! :tang! tang! TANG! :o

Oh! forgot...Hi Everyone!!!!

IRC Tutorial: here

Yea, apple and I thought about an IRC channel for Goong too since were were IRC junkies in our PGSM days, but we decided against it. But it's nice to see that someone started one. IRC is pretty easy to use. It's confusing at first, but things become second nature after a while.

*edit* thanks telly and dan for the scanlations!

Guest leesterrr

Does anyone know what's going to happen in the next two episodes? Is Shin going to leave HR or is he going to go back to her? i felt so bad for CG, now she really, really loves him...It's so up&&down..Shin was falling in love with CG until that stupid HR tried to commit suicide. Poor CG...well, if anyone knows, by any chance, what's going to happen in the next two episodes please PM me. =)

Guest flopsy

p.s. prismatic_star, wow, hardsubbed episodes! thanks a lot <3 but somehow, the site won't work for me =p

The site works in IE, not firefox.

Try downloading/upgrading the new version of firefox. it worked for me ;)

Guest supa'Wanki

it's funny how I would've been Shin or Yul in real life, if only if the freakin Japanese disconnected our family line...

Guest AznGrlz

THE ASSISTANT TO SHIN WAS THERE?!

REALLY?!

MUST GO WATCH AGAIN!

Yup :tang! tang! TANG!: something's up :where's G.S.IT?!?: :ph34r: omg! what if he's with her on her 'evil plan' ahhhhh! :faints:

I take that back...i think he got mo-toot's weak point and is threatening her with it :go old dude: its time to see the guy bring on some actions!

Archived