[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest valandy

I like how close they have become since the shooting of gung. :D

As much as I wish they are together, let's just give them some breathing space. :w00t:

Going to watch gung all over again.........

Guest nad59

Hey guys!!I just finished rewatching Goong for the 3rd time..It's such an awesome awesome drama..YEH and JJH have amazing chemistry...Anyway, I'm hoping one of the many Goong fans here in this thread can help me out..I'm looking for the opening of Goong in both MQ & HQ format? Can someone help upload this for me or tell me where I can download it ? It'll be much appreciated!! :D:D

Guest aoi_takarai

Hiiiii !!!

I watched 3 caps and I love *___*!, thanks for the great pictures >3!, Nice to meet youu *-*

So the pics of them @ the airport together for BALI are PS?!

It does look PS but some don't...[???]

Jina

I have to look @ all the other pages I missed again!

Jina, all of the pics taken from Incheon (Korea) Airport are real. The only thing that was PS'ed was the one that show them together, as in less than 3 meters distance.. >__< If I were one of them, to avoid further gossips, I wouldn't want to be seen together at the airport as well, I would just run to the plane and sit next to THE bf. They are probably cuddling on the plane right now anyways.. Let's hope the indonesian fans are already waiting at the Bali Airport and ready to snap pics away... kkekekekeke

EDIT: Anyhow, them being together at the same airport at the same time *although different location*, that already tells us something, right? Not to mention YEH's publicist tried to cover for them even before the pics are out.. that is just beyond fishy. We should be able to connect the dots from here and conclude on our own ;) *me dies from happiness*

Guest Pikachu

Who would've thought.. when they were interviewed for Goong 1.5, they already planned to go to Bali together :phew: They even all smiley when asked about dating in real life.. *sigh*

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j25/mang..._no_15476_1.jpg

credit: imbc

Mango did you do your homeowrk yet? (about that reaction when they asked the question?) (and HI >D muwahahaha)

but awww.. I like when Shin is all smiles. And you knwo that BTS of ep 16... XDD Don't you think it's cute how YEH buried her head under the blanket close to JJH? XDDD;; I mean if she thinks her hair is really that smelly, and she's not that comfy around him, she would have turned and buried her head away from him. XDDD *reaidng into it too much but.. THAT'S THE POINT*

Guest ilubTVXQ

my question is..does anyone know WHERE joo jihoon is going?? i mean i heard that after goong filming was over he was going to go overseas for a vacation....and i see these airport pics and i'm like hmmmmmmmmm i wonder where each of the stars are going?

a lot of korean celebs come to LA to shop and have fun after their drama filmings.....................^^;;;;; maybe????!!

NEVERMIND:

just found out he was going to bali hahahaah ^^;;;

Guest evy149

Not sure if someone already posted this or not. I just saw this on Soompi's first page, just wanna share :)

Royal production values for 'Princess'

Aesthetics often cited as key draw for younger viewers

By DARCY PAQUET, Submitted by rubie on Wed, 04/05/2006 - 9:22am.

Korea's royal line was severed when the country was colonized by Japan in the early 20th century, but in MBC's hit drama "Princess Hours" (aka "The Palace"), the line has remained unbroken to the present day, and the heir to the throne is an unhappy prince who would rather be a film director.

Adapted from a well-known local comicbook by Park So-hee, the stylish "Princess Hours" has become the most talked-about drama of early 2006. Locally it has flirted with a 30% viewer rating, while internationally it has been sold to China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam, with a lucrative Japan deal in the works.

Apart from its popularity, it can also be described as a work that reflects the future of Korea's TV drama industry.

If current trends are any indication, Korean TV dramas will continue to get more expensive. "Princess Hours" is a prime example. Each of its 24 episodes cost an average of $230,000 to produce, with a famously elaborate $1.5 million set that blends Korean architecture, Western decorative styles and modern color schemes. Another $2.5 million was spent on furniture and props. All were designed by Min Eon-ok, a production designer renowned for her work on films such as "Chunhyang""Chunhyang" and "Blood Rain," who says that being denied permission to shoot within Seoul palaces ended up being a blessing in disguise. "It gave me the freedom to go all out with the colors," she said.

Food stylist Ko Young-wook and hanbok (traditional Korean clothing) designer Bae Young-jin also contributed to the drama's unique aesthetic, which is often cited as the key draw for younger viewers.

Much of the behind-the-camera talent comes from the film industry, another growing trend. Director Hwang In-roi ("A Man With Flowers"), writer In Eun-ah ("Tell Me Something""Tell Me Something") and special effects director Min Byeong-cheon ("Natural City") all have experience in the movies.

Technically as well, the team behind "Princess Hours" made a special effort to raise the bar. "We wanted to give 'Princess Hours' the feeling of a film, so we shot it in HD format with a 16:9 screen," says Hwang. "We used the same type of camera as in 'Star Wars,' and kept changes lenses with each scene to get the highest definition possible."

The fact that "Princess Hours" was made by an outside production company and partially shot in advance also conforms to growing trends.

In terms of local marketing, the film utilized posters shot in the same style as movie posters, and in general adopted the marketing of films as its model.

Production company Eight Peaks announced that a second season of the drama would return in 2007, an unusual move within the Korean industry. Shooting will start in September, with a broadcast date skedded for January.

Ironically, the one aspect of the drama that does not reflect future trends is its young cast, which lacks any major name stars. At the film's opening press conference in January, Hwang said, "We don't want to wrap ourselves around the star system and build off of a star's pre-existing image" -- a strategy that has worked well in this case. However,the rising influence of star power -- for the local market and especially international sales - will ensure that fewer and fewer big-budget productions are left in the hands of fledgling actors.

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111794074...oryid=2211&cs=1

Interesting huh?? Wow !!! $1.5 million for the set :w00t: Wonder why? every scene came out so nice !

Audrey: *Waves* sorry, i couldn't have a chance to go on IRC yet :tears: trying to catch up with my life after Goong here... Hope to see ya soon!

EDIT: Anyhow, them being together at the same airport at the same time *although different location*, that already tells us something, right? Not to mention YEH's publicist tried to cover for them even before the pics are out.. that is just beyond fishy. We should be able to connect the dots from here and conclude on our own ;) *me dies from happiness*

*nods*nods*nods* :lol:Audrey hun, couldn't agree with you more XD

This whole fiasco about going in the same-flight-same-date-same-location thing should definitely tell us "something", and "something fishy" is definitely the best words to use right about now lol!

Well, too many coincidences can't really be considered as a coincidence anymore, can it? :phew: =P teeheehee... my thoughts are running wild.

Too happy for them both and hopefully they can have just enough time to get together in Bali,... running away from those 'krezie' fans hihi.

I mean, what are the odds?? :rolleyes: =D *la la la la laaaa.... floating~~*

Anyhoo. *I'm just too happy to type kekeke....*

and while we're still on this HAWT topic, lemme present you...

"The Body Language" lolz.

*can't seem to get enough of them both, no matter how many times I watch the show, the clips, the BTS, .... lolz*

bscap0038.jpg

^ leaning... ahakz..

bscap0009.jpg

^ eye-contact :phew:

bscap0051.jpg

^ This is when the host asked them if there's any possibility of them going out together (like what the fans are hoping, and still hoping up until today lolz).

And they both went all shy and quiet.... hihihi...

then finally, this gestures. They both turned towards the hosts, together.

Ahh~~ loveeeee is in the airrrr~~~ :lol:

bscap0048.jpg

^ aaww~~ they both went all :blush: hihi... aww~~

and these are from ep 23 BTS:

bscap0006.jpgbscap0010.jpg

^ the happy family :wub:

bscap0001.jpgbscap0002.jpg

^ JJH loves kids. hehe. I can so picture him being a daddy-to-be in Season 2 =)

Lastly, did anyone notice this?

picinpic06.jpg

^ JJH (whispering to YEH): *gasp!* "they're showing that scene too??! ...teeheehee... "

picinpic07.jpg

^ JJH *straighten his sitting position, making the gazing-gesture*, as if saying,

"ok, let's just see how good I kissed..." kekeke *naughty smile* :vicx: :blush:

*credz: all caps by me. Do Not hOTLiNk mE!

(hotlink means copy-pasting the image link and use it somewhere else.

when u need to quote, take off the %7Boption%7D pliz! XD)*

Guest sweet_treats1812

that was indeed a really interesting article...but it's not much of a surprise to find out that they spent such big bucks on goong..although i must say, it did work out really well.. ;)

one of the things that drew me to this drama was the background and all the props and costumes..it was truly truly amazing...the sets were so nicely done! i hope they keep it up in the second season... B)

Guest wagws

JJH & YEH at Incheon Airport, April 6, 2006

1144340291_25C025B825B325D725B525DE.jpg

All credits to dcinside.com

Look at her legs :w00t::w00t: . I'm dying for those legs ;)

I think YEH should buy insurance for her perfect legs lol :P:P

Guest helenou

woaw that's great !!!! ^______^ two 'lovers' in Bali :phew:

but what a coincidence !!!! hahaha

Angelina and Jessie i can't wait for the next adventures of our favorite couple !!! you rock girls !!!

also i was requested by Angelina aka AznGrlz to translate one scene of epi 23, the scene when Shin is deffending CG against the royals who want her to leave the Goong

sorry my translation wasn't very accurate coz there're quite a lot of difficult words and sometimes i didn't understand the sentences so please forgive me ^^;;;;

SPOILER

-

--

-----

{The Great Queen throws angrily the newspaper on the table}

Great Queen : Not a long time ago there was Binging's absurd rumor

now there's an other rumer about the abdication of the Crown

Prince. It can't be like that.

Pyeha : the further the higher is the voice of the royal relatives (?)

Shin's sis : Father, in a country where a constitution monarchy is established,

there must have this question about te existence of Royals. So you

don't need to worry.

Queen: But it's not about this matter. You can't take this problem lightly.

GQ : Hwang San, how do you feel it?

Peyha: Now the Royals are in the middle of a storm.

Taeja, Bingung and Yul Sung Dae Goon, all can't have peaceful days.

So, (...?...) propose a scheme.

GQ : a scheme/plan?

Peyha: Let the Bingung go abroad.

{Shin and the Great Queen look shocked, esp Shin}

Queen: I also had the same thought. To calm down the affair/rumor Bingung had

before, so after the population won't have resentment and will have a

good appreciation (?)

And to show to people that Bingung acknowledges her own mistakes.

Shin: It can't be like that.

Huang Haw Mama.

Peyha : Taeja's feelings, I can understand them.

But concerning the matter of the safety of the Royals and it's existence,

one person must go out of the Goong.

Shin : Even though I'm considering what you have both said, I can't accept it.

Queen : Maybe we are a bit harsh with Bingung, but protecting the Royal family is

the most important.

Shin's sis: Shin na, Royal excels on someone's emotions.

Shin : Bingung's decision still depends on me. So it has to process by me.

{Shin is leaving, and a heartbreaking Peyha and Queen suffer for their son}

-----------

i hope you understand my translation and sorry again for my mistakes :sweatingbullets:

and dont forget to Credit me for the trans ^^

i hope it will help some people here !!!!

Guest sweet_treats1812

helenou, thanks for the translation! ;) cant wait to see the rest of the episode with subs...then after that, im definitely rewatching everything straight through! :lol:

^ Thank you very much. I appreciate the drama so much more (even more than I already do), especially with subs and translations.

It's nice to see that they're getting away for a bit, even if it is still for work, I'm sure they'll find at least a little time to themselves whether it be alone or together, hehe.

DEE, hun, I've been meaning to say this, but I just love your banner! That was a very sweet moment and it was caught exactly at the right time. I saved it, hehe.

Only 4 or so more months till we see some pics for S2! I'm sure you all are just as excited as I am.

PS: Hello to all my lovelies, you all know who you are :D .

Archived