[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest miimisunshine

:w00t:^_^:D:wub: hi.. i am a newbie here.. well not actually... i have been reading ur guys posts... GOOD JOB!!!

it is already in 1400.. yay!!.. they are now showing it in here in california... i think we are on episode 5.. i think.. not sure i can't wait till episode 13 and the rest... the kiss.. aw.. they make a good couple... i can't believe that Yul in real liufe is 25!! he doesn't look like it.. Yoon eun ye(sp?) is pretty,,, SHin smoke sin reallfie .. that sucks! which mean he might lose he voice... MAN!! i can't beleive it is not done in korea.... so.....

i have a question.. is the second season goign to show after the 20th episode.. cuz i am comfused :unsure: ... thanx to the people who respond !!

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Yul, but I want CG and Shin to end up together

I really hope that season 2 is just a rumor cuz it just sounds really odd to have a drama like that and continuing with another season, only to have 6 more episodes =S that will drive me nuts

^its not a rumor. they've confirmed it. its only going to be like 6episodes but a season 2 in january 2007 was confirmed by the pd's. they are going to end Season1 with most likely an open end which is going to suck!

and ppl please backlog!!! the whole season 1 + 2 thing have been anwsered many times. Season one has been extended from 20 to 24episodes. So season one will end with 24 episodes!

Guest *sOo.RiM.eE*

*sigh* i am one PISSED OFF girl right now... that was by far the MOST UPSETTING epi i have seen. i REALLY want to punch Yul right now. NO JOKE. i know hes just trying to comfort her but he's actually feeding her hurt. if it wasnt for him, she would not be that troubled right now. i know you yul campers disagree with me but its the truth. notice the difference between CG's friend's (cant believe i forgot her name!!!) advice and yul's advice. she tells her that she thinks that shin really does like her while yul says that he doesnt. seriously i think the WHOLE effin episode i was beating the floor or my bed. OMG!!! i was a PISSED girl this whole episode.

i think the most heartwretching part for me was when CG looked at choi san goong unnie and started to look scared. did you guys see the look on choi unnies face??? she looked SO heartbroken. gosh i really wish shin's mom would understand. she seemed like very understanding for a while but NO. and i think shin didnt get as mad about his mom yelling at CG b/c he found out that his dad and yul's mom were lovers so he didnt really feel like causing his mother pain. i seriously feel SOOO sorry for shin right now. i wanna cry!!!! *sigh* it was SO sad that i didnt even laugh when the whole CG and SHin friends thing happen. *sigh*

i think the PDs are now showing a diff side of halmama now. even though she is a happy go lucky grandma, there are times that she is firm and im glad its showing out now. i have a feeling that she knows all about the whole yul's mom thing but i think she's giving her a chance to become better. and i REALLY am glad that shin's sister is SOOO wise. im glad she kinda told shin's dad that he was being too kind to yul and not shin... seriously wat a (insert cuss word) father!!!! (sorry but im REALLY mad at him) wat kind of father ditches his son for HIS LOVERS SON!!! he DISGUSTS me. :fury: :angry:

k im done ranting... ill post a megaupload link later after its done uploading k??? :) since ive been a leecher before... (sadly) i will now do my contribution!!! :) im praying to God that they make 20 a WHOLE lot better... im about to give up and rest my hearbroken soul... :tears:

She's a girl of new generation.

She should adapt to the life in palace, but she would also change the palace.

It's about this tug of war between the old and the new. On the one hand, there are laws and rules of the palace. On the other, we have young blood with free souls like Chaegyeong and Shin. When they strike the balance and achieve harmony, that will be the way to go for out imperial family in this drama. That was the theme of the drama and I believe that was the intention of the late Emperor in making a promise to have the crown prince marry Chaegyeong.

U know, i thought that was the essence and character of GOONG the manhwa -

a common girl having to adapt to the Palace eventually finding her place there and making it her own,

changing everyone (including policies) in the Palace too!

it did start off that way remember?

CG learning how to recite poems with lotus tea, playing host to foreign prince, cultural performances, sports eg ancient golf & horseback riding etc

i had imagined that they'd expand on those themes

- CG learning to cook palace delicacies and Shin doing all the tasting

- CG training to be a gourmet and connoiseur (surely cwe an imagine her enjoying all the eating right?)

- CG developing her fashion skills and possibly doing a Palace fashion charity show

- CG learning archery (aka Princess Diaries2) or chess/boardgame etc

many more scenes of how the palace adapts to CG (in Shin's words!) and

how Shin is being molded along the way to be the caring King he really is.

i really cant imagine GOONG ending with the 2 leads outside of the palace! Shin has to be King!

what GOONG story is there if he's gonna be dethroned and live outside the palace?

guess we just have to be patient with MBC and the PDs and hope for the best as the drama plays out...

re-reading the manhwa is my only solace now.....still wondering what Park So Hee thinks about the drama?

Guest Pikachu

2006031607405422335_1.jpg

Can I just say... I LOVE CHAE GYEONG'S HAIR and outfit. and OMG she just looks sooo pretty!!! Way to look hot on the day you announce your intention of divorce. :w00t:

wow. there's a lot of people in this thread .__.

anyways,

i agree with a lot of people on this page. EVERYONE is annoying me.

yul is so dapdaphae. he wants things he can't get, but he doesn't give up. and he's starting to creep me out because of the things he does. i don't know, i don't know how to explain it.

but i think hyorin leaving won't solve that many things. shin will obviously be all sad about her leaving, and chaegyung will see that. she probably think that shin loves hyorin alot & get all jealous & start crying again.

and shin makes me think of a kid doing homework. think of chaegyung as the homework, and the task is telling her he loves/likes her. but he keeps procrastinating and not telling, and frustrates me. weird comparison =__=

and CHAEGYUNG. AHH. she's so like, wishywashy. i don't know if it's true, but it seems to me that she jumps from yul to shin. if shin hurts her or something, yul is always there, and she accepts his comfort. it's awkward in the beginning, but they can have fun together. i just want her to get with someone already >:[

telly, i like your sig :]

i'm happy there's a season two :] but that means i have to wait & wait & wait FOREVER. and the script writers will probably leave it as a cliffhanger or something, to keep us watching. i can't wait a year.

Guest Telly

announcing divorce on national television doesn't seem like a far-fetched idea.

royals are like celebrities, and look at how celebrities announce their divorces during press releases and such.

it could happen, but i'm not saying it would happen.

i just don't think chae gyung is that cruel-hearted.

also, all four main characters in the drama are still young; they deserve some slack.

shin; could you imagine deciding whether or not you're going to be a good president or prime minister of a country when you're just 18/19?

chae gyung; she had to move from her comfy environment to the hostile palace.

yul; he thinks he's been robbed of everything [thanks to his evil monster of a mother]. if you were in his shoes, wouldn't you want to get back what you originally had? especially when he realized he could've gotten chae gyung.

hyo rin; she probably rejected shin's proposal because of her financial background, but her rejection made shin even further to reach--the only person who supposedly understands her is not only a prince who's ranked so high above; but a married one at that.

there's only so much 18/19 year-olds can do. they're still teens, they're supposed to have fun, make stupid mistakes and frolick around like there's no tomorrow. i mean, that's the only way they can learn from their experience/mistakes, right?

wow, that was a lot =D

Guest Pikachu

but i think hyorin leaving won't solve that many things. shin will obviously be all sad about her leaving, and chaegyung will see that. she probably think that shin loves hyorin alot & get all jealous & start crying again.

and shin makes me think of a kid doing homework. think of chaegyung as the homework, and the task is telling her he loves/likes her. but he keeps procrastinating and not telling, and frustrates me. weird comparison =__=

Well, from what I saw, at least in the caps and previews.. it seems like Shin is sadder about his current situation with Chae Gyeong rather than Hyo Rin leaving. (does he even know she's leaving in ep 19, yet? I havne't seen the entire ep but I do know that he gave her back the box full of their rabu. XDD)

ANyway, I like your comparison with Shin and homeowrk tho. XDD

Guest Telly

i'm confused. so chaegyung's the one that announced the divorce? or was it yul?

i think yul's just provoking chae gyung to announce a divorce.

it's just all speculation, though.

we'll have to wait to know if there's going to be a 'divorce' or not =D

hee, and smilebig180, it would be funny if she indeed was pregg-o =p

i doubt it though [unless they had some secret bed-scene they haven't revealed]

sweet_treats1812, i agree with you =)

dramas are supposed to be dramatic, and the more they provoke angst or rage from viewers, the better the plotline and acting =D

this is why i'm still looking forward to watch episode 19 when it finishes downloading =p

Guest sweet_treats1812

wow, there's so many people in this thread...it's always so hard to catch up :blink: anyways~ this is the first time im posting here but ive been watching goong recently (up to episode 12 now). i was planning on waiting til all the subs were out but when i read from u guys that the original 20 episodes is gonna be extended and that there's gonna be a season 2, i realized i still had a long wait and finally decided to watch the thing :lol:

ok..so my thoughts so far:

at first, i was actually rooting for yul and cg..for some reason, i found shin's character to be a bit off, and i got attracted to how gentlemanly and caring yul was toward cg..i also found yoon eun hye to be cute and smtimes goofy..but now, erm..i dunno who to root for anymore... :unsure: i guess i jst want shin and cg to end up together..hahahaha~ they are after all the two main leads :blush:

i totally love the whole palace setting. i always thought korea was a beautiful country, but now that im watching goong, i realize that it still has so much more to show off. im like "korea has these kinds of places?" several times throughout the entire drama so far hahaha~

but now..i feel like things are starting to get weird..yul is beginning to seem scary..hyorin's becoming :vicx: (bad word here) and smtimes, shin jst gets on my freakin nerves...ive never read the manhwa so i cant exactly compare how the drama measures up...but u know, even if i get this hyped up and this riled up..i still find myself looking forward to the next episode, hoping to find some new spark of hope and love between cg and shin..hahaha~ corny i guess, but yeah...im addicted to this drama right now :lol:

so..just my two cents everyone..carry on :P

announcing divorce on national television doesn't seem like a far-fetched idea.

royals are like celebrities, and look at how celebrities announce their divorces during press releases and such.

it could happen, but i'm not saying it would happen.

i just don't think chae gyung is that cruel-hearted.

wow, that was a lot =D

actually i agree however, whenever any celebrity announces a divorce, whether royal or not, its usually a choreographed dance with a script that follows. Both of them talked of divorce but nothing ever came of it like how to do it and such. Especially considering that they are both royal, they would have had advisors and such detailing the announcement. I dont know but that idea of CG just blurting out a divorce on national tv seems like a far fetched idea. I hope the writers are aware of this.

Guest donilpark

as for CG being the girl of new generation, i guess it's good in a way. but i'd prefer a girl of new generation with a sensible head, and not blindly affected by emotions, as CG seems to be. if you ask me, my new generation girl would be shin's sister. as for CG, it's good that she brings changes into the palace, affected them one way or the other, but looking at how she handles her love life, i don't think she's yet mature. hopefully the king won't die too soon and shin has to become king and she the queen. She's not yet ready, if she ever will. A KING needs not only a cheerful and pleasant wife (like CG) but also a smart/intelligent one that can become his inner strength and his support in critical situations just like a good and smart loyal friend would be. If this is not about a KING, then i'm all the way supporting CG and shin's romance. But since this IS about a king, i suggest that CG take some time to do some self-reflection and grows up (mind-wise) a bit. Go learn some lessons about life from the Queen (shin's mom) or something.

do not use her young age as an excuse not to learn to be wiser. and 17 (or was it 19) is no longer 'senseless young'. That's a cutting age. transition is more like it, towards becoming a wiser woman. but yeah, it's not like she's stupid, so most likely over time, she'll be a mature woman, inside out. perhaps, she's gonna fail this time.. her love life goes ashtray, whatever, but after the storm, she should be able to learn something from it. Like hyorin. I think as of now, she's the most mature of the four. She has always been a good kid anyways.

Hm, I don't think so.

She's not mature, I agree 100% with you on that. But sh IS still young. And yes, young age is an excuse.

In fact, they got Chaegyeong and Shin married in order to prepare them for the next generation, with the Emperor's ailiment and all.

Obviously they should still be in the process of maturing. I can't imagine a highschool girl who is ready to take on the responsibilities of the wife of a man, let alone the Empress of a nation.

It hasn't been all that long since she got married, and it's too much to expect of her to become an adult just yet.

In any case, she's not gonna be a doll who smiles on the surface while being stifled to death on the inside, like our Empress is. She is miserable on the inside with unloving husband and rebellious son, but she has to look happy on the outside. Chaegyeong won't be an Empress like that, and I certainly hope not.

Self-reflection and growing up, you say?

I thought that was exactly what they were doing in episode 19?

I also quote myself from 2 pages ago.

Episode 19...

Well, it wasn't as heartwarming to watch as some of the other episodes, but it was nevertheless a very good one.

Now everyone is having a time of self reflection and seriously considering their ways, trying to wrap their emotions up...

This episode was like episode 9 and 14.

I see them all maturing, and that is very nice to see, indeed.

In any case, I see the same thing that the late Emperor and the Empress Dowager saw in Chaegyeong.

The Empress did want a well-educated girl from a reputable family as her son's wife.

But what did Empress Dowager say about that? (in episode 2)

She saw that Chaegyeong had a great potential for growth and that she's the kind of girl who would be able to bring about the change in the palace that will realize what the late Emperor so wished- union of the imperial family and the people, a friendlier imperial family.

The late Emperor also saw the same thing in Chaegyeong and her grandfather.

That's why he made a marriage arrangement to begin with.

At least given what he wanted happen with the imperial family, I think Chagyeong is just the person.

Someone like Hyorin might have been a good Empress too, but she wouldn't have been any different from the present Empress. If status quo was what they were going after, then she was the girl.

Guest donilpark

U know, i thought that was the essence and character of GOONG the manhwa -

a common girl having to adapt to the Palace eventually finding her place there and making it her own,

changing everyone (including policies) in the Palace too!

it did start off that way remember?

CG learning how to recite poems with lotus tea, playing host to foreign prince, cultural performances, sports eg ancient golf & horseback riding etc

i had imagined that they'd expand on those themes

- CG learning to cook palace delicacies and Shin doing all the tasting

- CG training to be a gourmet and connoiseur (surely cwe an imagine her enjoying all the eating right?)

- CG developing her fashion skills and possibly doing a Palace fashion charity show

- CG learning archery (aka Princess Diaries2) or chess/boardgame etc

many more scenes of how the palace adapts to CG (in Shin's words!) and

how Shin is being molded along the way to be the caring King he really is.

i really cant imagine GOONG ending with the 2 leads outside of the palace! Shin has to be King!

what GOONG story is there if he's gonna be dethroned and live outside the palace?

guess we just have to be patient with MBC and the PDs and hope for the best as the drama plays out...

re-reading the manhwa is my only solace now.....still wondering what Park So Hee thinks about the drama?

Exaclty.

This was their intention, the thing they wanted to show, with this drama.

concept_01.jpg

concept_02.jpg

concept_03.jpg

concept_04.jpg

Guest what?

OMG! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS!

Proud supporter of Yul and CG here!

Although Shin is the prince, Yul was the original prince in the first place. I feel bad for Yul because he's the one that's suffering through all of these 14 years of life, living away from his family and royal things. Think about it, ever since he was 5 years old, people have been treating him as a precious thing, but because of his father's death, Yul's been stripped off of everything.

Yul's always the one who's there 100% for CG, even though he has to go through CG's pain caused by Shin. Yul is like a perfect guy right there, I would've picked him over anyone.

Yeah he's perfect alrite! Perfect at manipulating people's feeling, perfect at lying, perfect at stealing someone else wife, and perfect at sabotaging his cousin position. :phew:

And Whahhhhht? Yul was suffering for 14 years? Really? Even at the beginning of the episode? :huh: I always thought he had a much easier life than Shin.....cuz he goes where ever he wants, he has his own privacy and space, and his ebil mom dotes on him. Shin on the other hand is kept surrounded with guards, no privacy whatsoever, and he doesn't even has that much of an emotional support from his parents. HE COULDN'T EVEN CALL THE QUEEN HIS "MOM." WTF kind of life is that for a prince? Yul definitely has an easier life that Shin. <_<

YUL, please!.....Go jump off of a building!

CG, please try to use your brain....if you don't have one, borrow from Kang hyun!

Shin, forget about CG, come to me and the Shin campers.....we'll take care of you better than CG.....we have brains! and we lub you long time! :P

[EDIT]

This episode is pissing me off sooo much today and I haven't even watch it yet........I think I'm gonna go on a Goong hiatus until the last epsiode came out so I'll know if the end is decent enough for me to swallow. DANM YOU PDs BETTER NOT DISSAPPOINT ME! YUL, YOU BETTER WATCH OUT! ONE MORE TOUCHY WITH CG I'MMA BLOW YOUR HAIR UP LIKE FRANKENSTEIN! :fury:

Guest kimtoa

can it just be like in the Manga where CG only imagine herselft announcing a devorce on national TV??? don't make it real please please...I don't think she was that cruel to Shin using 2 feet to kick him knowing he might be dethrone in the future....BTW the way Yul talked to CG about Shin get dethrone...can CG a little bit clear head to notice how confident of someone talk about your husband being dethrone so lightly???? baboo :crazy::crazy::angry:

Archived