[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest AnglKoreanGurlKT27

goongwallpaper.gif

^^ made a background after watching the kutest part! hope u guys like it :D

That is soo pretty. Seriously I have no Photoshopping skills what so ever so when i see something like this i'm just like :o because it's so pretty. ^^. Thanks~

So how much do i not want to watch 19 and 20 now? It's so depressing. From what I'm hearing things are gonna go downhill and then they're gonna end it with a cliffhanger for season 2. AHH~ Nooo~ well we know they end up together. atleast they have a kid together right? *sigh*. But I still want to be able to just sit back and say wow that was a good season 1 drama after episode 24... I hope Shin tells her about her going with him to study abroad. Because it really kills me that she didnt' hear that part.

OKay now i want to watch it just in case he does say something liek that. ^^

<3 Sophie <3

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I have a question?^__^ I'm starting to watch Goong!

What does "bingung" mean?

Bigung is a term for the wife of the crown prince.

It's like a position to prepare her to be Queen in the future.

Bigung -> Normally called by higher status ppl in the palace such as shin's grandma, queen, yul's mum the lousy king (ehem)

Bigung MAMA -> Called by Palace maids.. etc etc..

Also, She is also known as SajaBin, meaning directly translates to -> Crown princess.

Guest s2.baboxx

That is soo pretty. Seriously I have no Photoshopping skills what so ever so when i see something like this i'm just like :o because it's so pretty. ^^. Thanks~

So how much do i not want to watch 19 and 20 now? It's so depressing. From what I'm hearing things are gonna go downhill and then they're gonna end it with a cliffhanger for season 2. AHH~ Nooo~ well we know they end up together. atleast they have a kid together right? *sigh*. But I still want to be able to just sit back and say wow that was a good season 1 drama after episode 24... I hope Shin tells her about her going with him to study abroad. Because it really kills me that she didnt' hear that part.

OKay now i want to watch it just in case he does say something liek that. ^^

<3 Sophie <3

^^ aww thanks ur sooo sweet

Guest aznchocol8luver

:huh: aigoo! that's the bleakest forcast i've read so far about a possible ending LOL

but i don't think it'll happen...though if it does :fury: oohhh ima release some fury!!!

and i'm beyond curious as to what this pic is all about??!!!

curious9zj.jpg

AWWW SOOO CUTE!!!~~

they seriously r like a couple.. not jus only drama.. buh in real life!!~ i wish they r ... buh than i'll b jealous... haha

the park myung soo pic made me laugh sooo hard!!! juk ji ahn na.. haha

Guest donilpark

Bigung is a term for the wife of the crown prince.

It's like a position to prepare her to be Queen in the future.

Bigung -> Normally called by higher status ppl in the palace such as shin's grandma, queen, yul's mum the lousy king (ehem)

Bigung MAMA -> Called by Palace maids.. etc etc..

Also, She is also known as SajaBin, meaning directly translates to -> Crown princess.

But Bigung seems like a term coined by the dramatists.

Because I don't think I've ever heard the term before, and I can't find it in the dictionary either.

And she is a Taejabi, not Sejabin (or Sajabin), becuase Shin is a Taeja, not a Seja.

It annoyed me from time to time when they don't seem to get the title and honorifics right in the drama.

Like how they say Taeson and Seson as if they are interchangeable, and I've heard them saying Taeja Jeoha and so on.

I mean, if they can't get it right, I'd at least hope they would be consistent with the wrong one. But they just use this and that mixedly.

You know, if they were real royalty, than it would be a real discourtesy to call them by wrong titles and honorifics or epithet.

To me, that takes a little bit away from the seriousness of the drama.

I just finished watching episode 15 and 16 with subs (Thanks so much sub team! :) )

Episode 16 was the first episode I watched where I felt sorry for Hyorin. Her speech about Romeo, Juliet, and Rosaline was sad for me for some reason... especially when she asked why his love was so insignficant and why it changed so fast. :( I think it is sad for her because it seems that Shin was never really in love with her and didn't really know what real love was until he met CG. I never really liked her character, but it seemed this was the first time her words made me think.

And even though Yul's showing a more cunning side, I still like him. His character reminds me so much of Yeom Moon in Emperor of the Sea. Yeom Moon was really evil and did so much bad stuff, but no matter what he did, his love and loyality for the heroine remained pure. I think Yul's character is like that. Even though he does bad things, he really loves CG. I feel so sorry for him. :tears:

Ah... these episodes made me feel so emotional! From the episode 19 preview, it looks like it's gonna be another sad one... I feel sorry for CG, her character changed so much. She used to be really cheerful and upbeat, but in the preview she looked so exhausted and sad. What an emotional rollercoaster!

Guest donilpark

thank you for the clarification

but i sometimes hear Shin being called Jeonha

what does that mean?

Your/his imperial highness...

Guest Pikachu

But Bigung seems like a term coined by the dramatists.

Because I don't think I've ever heard the term before, and I can't find it in the dictionary either.

And she is a Taejabi, not Sejabin (or Sajabin), becuase Shin is a Taeja, not a Seja.

It annoyed me from time to time when they don't seem to get the title and honorifics right in the drama.

Like how they say Taeson and Seson as if they are interchangeable, and I've heard them saying Taeja Jeoha and so on.

I mean, if they can't get it right, I'd at least hope they would be consistent with the wrong one. But they just use this and that mixedly.

well.. I've seen Bigoong used in the manhwa, too. And I see it in this wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yi_royal_family#About_titles ?? So I don't think they invented that term?

XDDD and I remember asterionlhs mentioning hat Taeja and Seja are different.. what's the exact difference? (I can't remember whether he explained in detail afterwards, but I can't seee now cause the pages are messed up with the deletions.

hi

During the Empire

Hwangje (皇帝 황제), the Emperor, with the style of His Imperial Majesty (陛下 폐하 pye ha)

Hwang-hu (皇后 황후), the Empress (consort), with the style of Her Imperial Majesty

Hwangtaehu (皇太后 황태후), the Empress Dowager

Tae-hwangtaehu (太皇太后 태황태후), the Empress Dowager, current Emperor's alive grandmother

Hwangtaeja (皇太子 황태자), the Crown Prince of Empire, the eldest son of Emperor, with the style of His Imperial Highness (殿下 전하 jeon ha)

Hwangtaeja-bi (皇太子妃 황태자비), the Crown Princess (consort) of Empire, with the style of Her Imperial Highness

Chinwang (親王 친왕), the Prince (Imperial), son of Emperor, with the style of His Imperial Highness

Chinwang-bi (親王妃 친왕비), the Princess (Imperial) (consort), with the style of His Imperial Highness

Gongju (公主 공주), the Princess of Empire, the legitimate daughter of Emperor, with the style of Her Imperial Highness

Ongju (翁主 옹주), the Princess of Empire, the illegitimate daughter of Emperor, with the style of Her Imperial Highness

[edit]

During the Kingdom

Wang (王 왕), the King, with the style of His Majesty (殿下 전하 jeon ha)

Yeo-wang (女王 여왕), the Queen, with the style of Her Majesty

Wang-bi (王妃 왕비), the Queen consort, with the style of Her Majesty

Dae-bi (大妃 대비), the Queen Dowager, current King's alive mother

Wangdaebi (王大妃 왕대비), the Queen Dowager, ex-Queen or current King's aunt

Dae-wangdaebi (大王大妃 대왕대비), the Queen Dowager, current King's alive grandmother

Wonja (元子 원자), the eldest son of King before inauguration to the Crown Prince, with the style of His Royal Highness (마마 mama)

Wangseja (王世子 왕세자 or Donggung), the Crown Prince, the eldest son of King, with the style of His Royal Highness (저하 jeo ha)

Sejabin (世子嬪 세자빈 or Bingung), the Crown Princess, with the style of Her Royal Highness (마마 mama)

Daegun (大君 대군), the Prince of Kingdom with the style of His Royal Highness (마마 mama), the legitimate son of King, Daegun's title is not inherited and his sons titled Gun with style of His Highness

Bubuin (府夫人 부부인), the Princess (consort), the wife of Daegun with the style of His Royal Highness or Queen consort's mother with the style of Her Excellency

Gun (君 군), the Prince of Kingdom with the style of His Royal Highness (마마 mama), the illegitimate son of King or Daegun's sons, grandsons and great-grandsons or Gun's sons and grandsons

Gunbuin (郡夫人 군부인), the Princess (consort), the wife of Gun, with the style of Her Royal Highness

Daewongun (大阮君 대원군), the Prince Regent, the King's father as distant relative of royal family not to be the King, with the style of His Royal Highness

Budaebuin (府大夫人 부대부인), the Princess (consort), the Daewongun's wife, with the style of Her Royal Highness

Gongju (公主 공주), the Princess of Kingdom, the legitimate daughter of King, with the style of Her Royal Highness

Ongju (翁主 옹주), the Princess of Kingdom, the illegitimate daughter of King, with the style of Her Royal Highness

Buwongun (府院君 부원군), the title of Queen consort's father, with the style of His Excellency

-> I got it off this web. =X

correct me if i am wrong -.-

Guest donilpark

well.. I've seen Bigoong used in the manhwa, too. And I see it in this wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yi_royal_family#About_titles ?? So I don't think they invented that term?

No, they use bingung' (notice 'n'), not bigung.

XDDD and I remember asterionlhs mentioning hat Taeja and Seja are different.. what's the exact difference? (I can't remember whether he explained in detail afterwards, but I can't seee now cause the pages are messed up with the deletions.

Taeja is the crown prince of an empire and Seja is one of a kingdom.

Guest Pikachu

No, they use bingung' (notice 'n'), not bigung.

Taeja is the crown prince of an empire and Seja is one of a kingdom.

Ahh. I thought the "bigung" (bigoong or whatever variation I've seen of this) is just a romanization thing which varied depending on who was scanlating/subbing o_oa. XDDD;;; Thanks for clarifying.

Guest V A L XD

WAH~ >.< i can't believe that tomorrow is wednesday already! >.< that was fast. haha. I even thought TODAY was wednesday.

I haven't seen Saki around lately. :(S.A.V.E With A Silent J AJA!

Guest karlatan2003

Hi! Can somebody help me because when I download the ep. 7 low sub, it always says the page not found. can somebody upload it again? thank you!

Guest donilpark

ooooo thanks fr the info..

lOlx.. are u of the royal blood line long time ago? lOlx

Of course not... :)

I'm not even Korean.

Guest samgirl

i also watched ep 16 where Hyorin was talking about Romeo and Juliet

I think that marked it when HR finally came to acceptance that he has lost Shin to Juliet ( CG ), also I think HR does not feel love towards shin rather he wanted to just get back what originally belonged to her, it is like a security blanket, when HR is having problems of her own he turns to Shin because they are somewhat alike and thus find comfort when with him. he is just afraid to lose that special security blanket to someone. vice versa. because from the start CG is fated to Shin.

Guest HeeSu

i also watched ep 16 where Hyorin was talking about Romeo and Juliet

I think that marked it when HR finally came to acceptance that he has lost Shin to Juliet ( CG ), also I think HR does not feel love towards shin rather he wanted to just get back what originally belonged to her, it is like a security blanket, when HR is having problems of her own he turns to Shin because they are somewhat alike and thus find comfort when with him. he is just afraid to lose that special security blanket to someone. vice versa. because from the start CG is fated to Shin.

true true..ahh i can't wait for wednesday to come..hhaah in 50 mins to be excate..im staying up..lolz

what kills me is that there is no ep 19 preview...wahhhh

Guest rose7969

anybody vet thru mbc website. I think pay per preview for epi 20 already out. Just check it since I don't understand Hangul

Guest V A L XD

Eh, it's slow tonight. -____-

double Eh, they didn't release a preview at all! boo!

With that many people in here..you'd think they would talk. -___-

you guys are crazy to pay to watch the previews. how much is it anyways?

Archived