La Mujer De Judas/the Wife Of Judas (2002 Venezuelan Telenovela)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Guest Choi Ji Woo
Astrid Carolina Herrera, Chantal Badaux, Juan Carlos Garcia, Luis Gera

home_mujer_judas.jpg

Synopsis: Young college student Gloria Leal decides to do a thesis documentary on the fascinating story that surrounds a 20-year old murder of a priest, a crime for which winery heiress Altagracia del Toro was tried and wrongly found guilty. The legend, know as the “Wife of Judas”, is once again front-page news as Altagracia is released from two decades in jail. The townspeople fear her, and the mystery deepens when suddenly other murders begin to happen. And, as the priest’s murder, a woman dressed as a bride mysteriously appears each time another murder is committed. But if Altagracia is not guilty, then who is? Who is the “Wife of Judas?” Gloria’s intention of making her documentary becomes complicated when she meets and is immediately attracted to Salomón Vaisman, president of Del Toro Wineries, Salomón is initially very helpful but strangely turns away from the project once Altagracia returns to claim the land that houses the Del Toro Vineyards. Because Gloria’s investigation is bringing her closer to solving the mystery of the murder, she is confused by Salomon's retreat. What is the connection between Salomón and Altagracia? Why does Salomón want to keep the past hidden? The legend of Altagracia Del Toro, the “Wife of Judas”, is a story of extremes: Good and Evil. Hate. Murder. Greed. Ambition. Death. Courage. Pride. And, of course, Love. Can you guess how it will all end? Ending / Last Episode of La Mujer de Judas / The Wife of Judas & Expalanations.. Source: http://www.network54.com/Forum/thre...4&lp=1073101794 The mystery, which was securely kept hidden after all these years, connects six friends...once, during the day of the wedding of Altagracia, a man tries to rape Laura in the basement of the distilleries. Her friends become a part of this crime that, after subduing the aggressor, accidentally kills him in the impulse of anger. The girls realize too late what they had done---they are shocked to find Padre Sebastian witness their crime. He asks to report what happened to the police, but they reject the idea. Sebastian departs. Then the friends agreed to hide the corpse inside the wall, each of them leaving the basement in search for the priest, fearing, that he will tell the police. But when Altagracia found him, he was already dead inside the confession box of the church. She was incarcerated for that crime. It was not a lie: Altagracia spent 20 years in prison in order to hide the crime of her mother. The mother of Altagracia, Berenice, prior to the wedding of daughter, learned that Padre Sebastian and Altagracia love each other, and that they intend to get married. Berenice opposes these plans, she quarrels with the priest, and then, when his back is turned, she hit him on the head using heavy object. Afterwards dragging the body inside the confession box, attaching wires to his arms, legs and head so that the body would not fall out. When Altagracia found him and tried to release him, it is too late: Sebastian is dead. The people enter at this moment into church. There is an additional mystery in this series. Glory - daughter of Altagracia and Padre Sebastian. Only Altagracia and Juaca know about this secret. When Altagracia was pregnant, she entrusted Gloria to Juaca. Altagracia and Juaca vowed never to tell anyone the truth. Many people died in this telenovela. They are said to have been killed by a woman garbed in a wedding dress, whose face is hidden behind a mask. It will play in the minds of our heroes, but no one will be able to solve the mystery. They will be able to catch one of the "Wives of Judas" in the basement, though, shortly after Pancho was killed, Salomon was able to take the mask away. There was a lot of commotion among the people present, when they finally reveal that the wife of Judas is... Ismael, the son of Chichita. Ismael only laughs at all this, calling them stupid, who do not see further behind their noses. He acknowledges that he is only the student of the wife of Judas. He helped in everything, and she taught him well. People told him to confess who the real culprit is, but he keeps silent, and then laughs at them again, asserting that the killer is here, among them, but no one will be able to know the name. Ismael was put in prison, but the wife of Judas is clever. She helps Ismael out, and that incident puts Gloria and wife of Judas face-to face, telling Gloria that she is the next wife of Judas. A crowd is beginning to surround them, so Ismael seizes her in hostage. It ended when Ismael died of bullet wounds and Gloria was saved. Once again, they fail to discover the identity of the wife of Judas. After a long time, Gloria and Salomon are finally getting married, along with Altagracia and Marcus. Priest marries Gloria and Salomon, then approaches the turn of Altagracia and Marcos. The priest asks the couple if they are concordat to marry, Marcus speaks - yes, but Altagracia replied in the negative. After this, loud explosions were heard inside the church. All run out of the church. Then Salomon and Gloria turn back, and Marcus searches for Altagracia. At that precise moment Juaca appeared. They saw before them the wife of Judas, who stands in the altar. Glory shouts, demanding that the killer reveal herself. Salomon is running toward the wife of Judas, but then he stops. Gloria again sees the specter of priest. He made a gesture that the wife of Judas wants to be caught. All await the revelation with much impatience. The wife of Judas raises the veil and removes the mask, under which we all see...the pale and tender face of Altagracia del Toro. Gloria cried out in disbelief. Marcos approaches his bride, but she stops him with a pistol. Then Rikarda, Chichita, Laura appear in the church...they attacked Altagracia, charging her with the death of close family and friends. But Altagracia orders them to keep quiet and her confession begins. They all betrayed her, and no one in 20 years ever visited her in prison. She could not kill the priest because she loved him. But the people condemned her, especially Marcos, who gave her name - wife of Judas. Desiring to take vengeance upon Marcos, she played his affections and made him love her. And today, she and Marcos will leave world together. The years, carried out in the prison, changed her. She thought over the plan of vengeance to each of them. Gloria reproaches her in the murder of innocent people. Altagracia looks at her daughter, her face softened. In an affectionate voice she attempts to explain to the girl, why she did it. She lowers the pistol, which was directed to all those people present, and was about to acknowledge that Gloria is her daughter. Juaca shouts, warning her against this. At this exact moment Marcos rushes to Altagracia, attempting to take away the pistol. Shots were heard, and one of the bullets hit Altagracia in her breast. Juaca quickly runs to her mortally injured friend. Marcos cries, he requests forgiveness and tells her not to leave him. But Altagracia dies, her last words about that of Gloria, she requests Juaca to care for the girl. Marcos holds Altagracia's hands. And only Gloria can see, that there, on the threshold of the church, is Padre Sebastian, his hands extended, as if calling on to Altagracia, whom he loves, and in her entire life, loves only him. Gloria tells the crowd that Altagracia is finally reunited with Padre Sebastian. Some time passed...Life in the town of Carora was quiet. Only Chichita was not herself, after losing her two sons. Marcos, condemned for the murder of Altagracia, was let out from prison on amnesty. Gloria bore a son, whom she named Sebastian, and Cordelia bore a girl. Epilogue: Juaca, Laura, Ricarda and Chichita met one last time. In each of their hands they carry a bag containing the wedding dresses---soiled by blood, a glove and a mask...each of them carried out the role of wife of Judas. Each of them killed someone. Yes, Altagracia was the wife of Judas...just as they are... SOURCE: Telenovelasonline Forum But I'm still confused.. What does the epilogue trying 2 say? that there is 5 LMDJs??

• 2 months later...
Guest theLEGEND

I used to love watching this telenovela like 2/3 years ago? But I didn't get to watch until the end :( Do you know what's the ending? I love the OST as well~ Me Huele A Soledad by MDO <3

Guest Choi Ji Woo

I used to love watching this telenovela like 2/3 years ago? But I didn't get to watch until the end :( Do you know what's the ending? I love the OST as well~ Me Huele A Soledad by MDO <3

hello there..where are you from..I'm from the Philippines..I also watched this telenovela sometime between 2002-2003..I was only in my senior year in high school then..Altagracia died in the ending..she and her other friends carried out the role of the wife of Judas..all of them were responsible for each of the murders..

Gloria & Salomon were married and lived happily..I've already posted the ending on my first post when I've started this thread..I wanted Altagracia and Marcos to end up with each other 'coz they make a good pair..:)

Guest apple red

wow.. i never had a time to watch this telenovela (it always broadcasted in the morning hour, office hour)

but this story is kinda different than ordinary cinderella telenoela..

Guest Choi Ji Woo

wow.. i never had a time to watch this telenovela (it always broadcasted in the morning hour, office hour)

but this story is kinda different than ordinary cinderella telenovela..

hi there, apple red..i think we've already met on the k-dramas forum..i remember that we both love choi ji woo & ryu jin..we always bump each other into the In Search of Love thread..I just want to ask where is your

location..are you from korea? i don't think so 'coz latin american telenovelas are not that popular in there..by

the way, i'm from the philippines, and latin american telenovelas were very popular here in our country during the years 1994-2002..I was still in elementary & high school then..Asian dramas, especially K-dramas have replaced the popularity of latin american telenovelas here in our country strarting 2003..Autumn In My Heart & Meteor Garden were the first Asian dramas that were aired here in the Philippines..just a little info..

La Mujer de Judas was my most favorite latin american telenovela 'coz it's a mix of different genres..its got

drama, romance and even suspense..this was aired every 2 p.m. here in our country..but my classes when I

was in high school lasts up to 4 pm, so I didn't get to watch all episodes of this drama..but I've watched the

final episode by skipping my class..you can imagine how much I loved this drama hehe..my fave character

is Altagracia del Toro 'coz we have exactly the same personality..sometimes, I've got a dual personality..I don't really know what I want in my life so I'm always confused when it comes to decision-making..I'm also

very private when it comes to my thoughts and feelings..as a result, I sometimes act strange..I'm not insane!

well, sorry if that was a bit too long, apple red..I just wanna share my piece of mind..visit this thread often!!!

Guest nadhura

hey chantal baudaux was in mis tres hermanas wasn't she?i think she is really pretty..i have not seen this telenovela...i was a big fan of telenovelas before korean dramas hit me..so now i only watch once in a while...

Guest Choi Ji Woo

hey chantal baudaux was in mis tres hermanas wasn't she?i think she is really pretty..i have not seen this telenovela...i was a big fan of telenovelas before korean dramas hit me..so now i only watch once in a while...

hi there..you're a fan of Chantal Baudaux..I'm a fan of Astrid Carolina Herrera..she played Altagracia here!!!

Guest mensa

i never watched la mujer de judas, i don't remember why because this telenovela was broadcasted in my country in 2002. but i watched the ending, as far as i remember there were several wife of judas. all those women used that costume to take revenge. so they all were the wife of judas not only altagracia.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

i never watched la mujer de judas, i don't remember why because this telenovela was broadcasted in my country in 2002. but i watched the ending, as far as i remember there were several wife of judas. all those women used that costume to take revenge. so they all were the wife of judas not only altagracia.

are you from the philippines just like me? you're right, Altagracia & her friends killed at least two persons..:)

Guest theLEGEND

hello there..where are you from..I'm from the Philippines..I also watched this telenovela sometime between 2002-2003..I was only in my senior year in high school then..Altagracia died in the ending..she and her other friends carried out the role of the wife of Judas..all of them were responsible for each of the murders..

Gloria & Salomon were married and lived happily..I've already posted the ending on my first post when I've started this thread..I wanted Altagracia and Marcos to end up with each other 'coz they make a good pair..:)

I'm originally come from Indonesia but never really lived there. I just spend 10 years of my lives living there and then I moved :P My favorite telenovela was "La Usurpadora" and my favorite artist was Gabriela Spanic :lol:

Me too! I'm used to be a big fan of telenovelas before I stumbled upon korean dramas :P and now I didn't get to watch anymore telenovelas drama ><"

Guest lost_kim

I'm originally come from Indonesia but never really lived there. I just spend 10 years of my lives living there and then I moved :P My favorite telenovela was "La Usurpadora" and my favorite artist was Gabriela Spanic :lol:

I loved that telenovela... but my all time favorite one was "amor real" cuz I'm a big fan of adela noriega ever since she did maria isabel...

Anyways... about la mujer de judas... never watched too many telenovela venezolana except for "aunque me cueste la vida" with roxana diaz (i think...) and other ones i don't remember now... I'm a bigger fan of colombian, mexican and argentinian telenovelas... but this telenovela sounds like a lot of fun... isn't Chantal Baudaux the one that appeared in amantes? maybe i'm wrong, but yeah... I wish I could have catched this telenovela cuz it's synopsis is appealling... :P

Guest mensa

are you from the philippines just like me? you're right, Altagracia & her friends killed at least two persons..:)

nope, i'm not even asian. i'm a latin girl

recently telenovelas from venezuela has decreased in popularity, right now the most popular telenovelas are from Colombia or colombia/latin gringos co productions. stuff like betty la fea, pasion de gavilanes, los reyes etc etc etc. they use a lot of comedy and real life situations in their dramas.

Guest theLEGEND

I loved that telenovela... but my all time favorite one was "amor real" cuz I'm a big fan of adela noriega ever since she did maria isabel...

Anyways... about la mujer de judas... never watched too many telenovela venezolana except for "aunque me cueste la vida" with roxana diaz (i think...) and other ones i don't remember now... I'm a bigger fan of colombian, mexican and argentinian telenovelas... but this telenovela sounds like a lot of fun... isn't Chantal Baudaux the one that appeared in amantes? maybe i'm wrong, but yeah... I wish I could have catched this telenovela cuz it's synopsis is appealling... :P

Ic ic. Anyway, I used to be a big fan of Mexico. Anything to with Mexico caught my attention :P. I like the theme song of this drama. The title is "Me Huele A Soledad" by MDO. I <3 it! :D

recently telenovelas from venezuela has decreased in popularity, right now the most popular telenovelas are from Colombia or colombia/latin gringos co productions. stuff like betty la fea, pasion de gavilanes, los reyes etc etc etc. they use a lot of comedy and real life situations in their dramas.

I've watched "Betty Like Fea" and it's pretty good! but I like "Mi Gorda Bella" more :P.

Ahh.. my OLD obssession! :P (used to be so obssessed with telenovelas :blush:)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Me too! I'm used to be a big fan of telenovelas before I stumbled upon korean dramas :P and now I didn't get to watch anymore telenovelas drama ><"

you moved to Latin America? which country there? my fave latin american actresses were Astrid Carolina Herrera, Adela Noriega, Ana Colchero, Thalia and the lead actress in Mirada de Mujer..but my most favorite

among them is Thalia 'coz she's both an actress and a singer..she's got a pretty face and a sexy figure..hehe

I've watched so much Latin American dramas when I was in elementary & high school..unti K-dramas came!!

My most favorite telenovela is La Mujer de Judas while my other past addictions were all of Thalia's dramas,

especially Marimar, Rosalinda, Maria Mercedes, Maria Isabel by Adela Noriega, Alondra of Ana Colchero, etc..

hey there..I'm also a big fan of Adela Noriega & Maria Isabel..she's got great chemistry with Fernando Carillo

in that drama..he became my instant crush and immediately watched Rosalinda, his drama with Thalia..it's so

unfortunate of you to miss la mujer de judas because it's a very good latin american series..it's my favorite!!

regarding chantal baudaux, I really don't know much about her..you can always search info on the intenet..

the words "appealing and fun" aren't enough to describe this wonderful latin american series..it's so superb!!!

are you from Colombia? I've watched Betty La Fea when I was still in high school..the story's very beautiful!!!

Guest theLEGEND

you moved to Latin America? which country there? my fave latin american actresses were Astrid Carolina Herrera, Adela Noriega, Ana Colchero, Thalia and the lead actress in Mirada de Mujer..but my most favorite

among them is Thalia 'coz she's both an actress and a singer..she's got a pretty face and a sexy figure..hehe

I've watched so much Latin American dramas when I was in elementary & high school..unti K-dramas came!!

My most favorite telenovela is La Mujer de Judas while my other past addictions were all of Thalia's dramas,

especially Marimar, Rosalinda, Maria Mercedes, Maria Isabel by Adela Noriega, Alondra of Ana Colchero, etc..

Nahh.. I'm not living near any Latin America at all! :P

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Ic ic. Anyway, I used to be a big fan of Mexico. Anything to with Mexico caught my attention

Mexicans are very sad this week 'coz their boxer Oscar Larios was defeated recently by our Manny Pacquiao!

Nahh.. I'm not living near any Latin America at all! :P

well then..from what country are you..are you a terrorist from Bin Laden's Al Qaeda? Hehe, just kidding you!!

Guest theLEGEND

Mexicans are very sad this week 'coz their boxer Oscar Larios was defeated recently by our Manny Pacquiao!

well then..from what country are you..are you a terrorist from Bin Laden's Al Qaeda? Hehe, just kidding you!!

I never like boxing. I'm from the US. Haha.. I thought you're the one who came from the terrorist country :P

Guest Choi Ji Woo

I never like boxing. I'm from the US. Haha.. I thought you're the one who came from the terrorist country :P

well, there are some terrorist groups here in the philippines..Abu Sayyaf, for example..they're so dangerous!

Guest Choi Ji Woo

are there DVD copies of latin american soap operas available at yesasia.com? i want to buy an LMDJ DVD.....

Guest theLEGEND

are there DVD copies of latin american soap operas available at yesasia.com? i want to buy an LMDJ DVD.....

Why don't you try it at eBay?

Archived