Words You Cant Pronouce/say

Guest xxflyingcookiez

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strawberri59

the word 'accept'. i pronounce is ah-cept, apparently it's ek-cept or something...

and 'except' is ack-cept?

i dunno, cant pronounce those, so i say whatever.

as well, when i was little, i think i learned the word 'courtyard' wrong,

cause whenever i say it now, i pronounce is courtchard... im so fail T-T

Guest anitazhou

i can't say the word among too well. i cant get that weird throaty uooonnnggghhh sound, lol.

and i once said skull and my friend laughed at my pronunciation but i had no idea what i was doing wrong, so i just avoid that word now, haha.

Guest emensity

AHAHA i'm notorious amongst my friends for not being able to say words properly esp when i talk too fast...like i see the word and know what it means and what it's suppose to sound like ...but when i pronounce it out it sounds weird or not right...or when i want to say a word..and i have it in my head but when i say it outloud it's totally different =/ and i can't pronounce the the word until someone else says it then i can mimic them

i was taught to read via the phonics method and usually say the word how it's spelt/spell the word how i say it

i had a friend though that can't say riot...she doesn't pronounce the "i" and instead it sounds like roy-t

Guest Misao

there are so many words that i cannot pronounce

for example, the word "also". easy word, yes? but when i try to practice saying that word, it comes out "richard simmons - hole"

-_-

Guest kawaiiai

the word familiarity..it sounds right in my head..but does not come out the way i want to when saying it..its like a tongue twister..im not sure on others this is the only word so far..

Guest CinCin

Oh, I need to add to my list. I realized I had no idea how to pronounce "machete" for the longest time. I thought it was "man-chet" or something.

Archived