[jp Upcoming Drama] 絶対彼氏。 Zettai Kareshi. Absolute Boyfriend

Guest cee.jay

Guest hammy_chan

I swear, Hayami is like...one of the most hottest looking Japanese guys ever.

The manga......was cute, but I didn't like the ending. =\

he is...<333

the ending was very predictable tho...thats why i hated it....><

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Someone saying that Night thinking and contemplating his development of feelings (much like a human being)

and that being the beginning of his fall, I feel its the opposite. Without it, I don't think him and Riiko would have anything.

Although I agree

it leads to the significant reason why Night as a robot goes haywire

Now the drama is making the ending very obvious

With how that technician at Krono's Heaven not being able to control Night's consumption of information.

Anyways, although I was all into Soshi, now that Night isn't a stiff moron

I could see why she can't decide between the two.

Especially at the end of episode 5

IT MADE ME SO ANGRY

how can Soshi say "I like you" and pause and then continue ".. your cream puffs"

MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND SOSHI!

Soshi is one of those guys that girls crush on in high school and they flirt, but they NEVER show any intentions of liking you

though I heard, in the manga

Riko does end up with Soshi that is because Night dies at the end in the manga but in the manga Riko loves Night. My friend told me this its because she read the manga.

I didn't read manga so i went to ask her.

What happens at the end of manga in detail...

It is true that

Night technically dies at the end, but he plans his "leaving" very well... to make Riiko's life comfortable.

People say that those two will end up together

Soshi and Riiko, but in the manga, THE AUTHOR DID NOT SHOW THEM TOGETHER. Of course Soshi has a HIGH probability of getting with her rather than Night, who died supposedly. Soshi up and left America (he moved towards the second to last manga since he had no chance in being with Riiko) and came back to Japan to be with Riiko. Night planned this whole thing, making sure that Soshi will come (by ordering the people at Kronos to mail Soshi a letter, confirming his death) 6 months after his death so he would not be courting her when she's mourning over Night.

Oh and Night died from malfunction in his system. He was using his body way too much to consume human thoughts and information. Human mind has practically no limits but as a robot, he has limitations.-- at least, that's what I think is the reason.

That's why we say Episode 5 is the beginning of his downfall.

If they are going to go by that EXTREMELY planned out ending for the sake of Riiko's happiness.

Then

the ending does not TECHNICALLY show that Soshi and Riiko end up together. Rather, its implied.

It's an open ended ... ending =)

At the end of the manga, Riiko somewhat confuses the two guys.

she was crying over Night's death and she saw a blurry image of a guy that looked like Night. Again, implying that there's a somewhat of a light/perfection in Soshi that Night had as well. So this also plays in Soshi's favor.

But if you watch the ending theme song, it strong implies the couples that will end up together.

Night is protecting both Soshi and Riiko from being rained on... as if he is guarding them to make sure the two of them are happy.

So when you think about it, Night is so fricken perfect (

even after death

)

and Night, is actually the guy that Riiko picks at the end. If he didn't die, she would be with him forever. Soshi was just the backup guy for her

======

edit:

keekee, my sig's gif is a spoiler of episode 6

muahahahah

Guest littlemisssunsunshine

I made them myself from the drama. I am waiting for ep 6 so I can make the kitchen hugging scene lol.

lol sweet, they're awesome.

i'm really losing interest in the drama

they should've never included night in here and instead, made drama about freakin' cream puffs

*sigh*

i'll just wait for the anime.. at least i think it could at least go with the plot..

and not seem as if they just squished night in to make an interesting love story

Guest MoonBlue

^Is it rare for manga to turn to anime after live-action has been made?

New info from the official blog:

(Ep 6) Riiko's parents come to visit

str6_pic2.jpg

(Ep 7) Ayana Sakai to play Soshi's ex-gf ^^

sakai.jpg

(Ep 8) Robot #02 appears

I'm really curious who will play robot no. 2 :sweatingbullets:

Guest minilight1080

^Is it rare for manga to turn to anime after live-action has been made?

New info from the official blog:

(Ep 6) Riiko's parents come to visit

str6_pic2.jpg

(Ep 7) Ayana Sakai to play Soshi's ex-gf ^^

sakai.jpg

(Ep 8) Robot #02 appears

I'm really curious who will play robot no. 2 :sweatingbullets:

Isn't that actress who plays Soshi ex gf was the actress who plays Kurimaki Ayano in Hana Yori Dango? In HYD 1 she plays as domyouji's ex gf and now Soshi's ex gf lol. I more interest in ep 8 now.

There is a robot #2? Care to tell me more about this? Sorry I didn't read the manga so I dont know.

Guest sunnydays.

Haha, the spoilers are so tempting. (: But I must resist.

Anyway, I watched ep.4 a couple days ago, & i'm waiting for the subs for ep.5 to come out.

I'm not sure if I really like this drama for sure. But it's kept me wanting to watch more, so I guess it's a good thing. Plus, when I actually watch it, it's entertaining, & I get pretty into it. :P It was surprising to see what was happening to Night... actually, it was good, because like you guys, I was getting annoyed that Riiko kept pushing Night away. But after ep.4, you can totally sense that things will finally move on between them. :P

I also think it's a good idea to keep away from the manga while watching this drama... I started reading the manga, but I stopped (because I didn't have time to keep reading LOL) for a while. But yeah, the two are quite different... & if you just watch the drama & concentrate on its storyline, I guess it'd be less frustrating?

LOL, anyway, the title of the drama "Zettai Kareshi" still applies. It refers to Night. Night was MADE to be a perfect lover. He IS an absolute boyfriend, according to Riiko's ideals. But the drama implies a "lesson" or whatever that ideals are sometimes not necessarily the best thing. (:

BUT MANN, SOSHI. <3 Actually, I started watching the drama for Mizushima Hiro, but the other actors/characters have grown on me. LOL Soshi acts adorable. His facial expressions are cuute. (; & he & Riiko are sweet. I can't wait to see ep.5, f'real. :P

LOL okay enough of that. :D

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

i'm really losing interest in the drama

they should've never included night in here and instead, made drama about freakin' cream puffs

I know.

That whole cream puff fiasco never happened in the manga.

Like that whole cream puff thing was cute in the beginning because it make a Soshi+Riiko connection.

but now its getting old.

I didn't even eat the cream puffs and I'm getting sick of it.

Guest xingjing

Wow.... okay. I finished episode 5 but this is just strange. I didn't like the manga, but somehow still finished it.

Nonetheless, this drama is going like... completely off from the manga storyline. This is just strange. For some reason, it seems like Night's existence in the drama is sort of like an... extra almost? Because in episode 5 alone, there were almost no Night and Riiko scenes compared to the Soshi and Riiko scenes.... even though I like Soshi and Riiko. But this turn of events is just strange.

How is the rest of this drama supposed to play out if Riiko doesn't seem to even have one iota of love towards Night, who, to her, seems just like an annoyance? And it's getting pretty obvious that Riiko's beginning to like Soshi [and most likely vice versa as well]. What role is Night supposed to play in this entire thing?

Okay, maybe I could understand if they were trying to change the storyline so it would be something like Night, who is actually made to be a perfect boyfriend, helps Riiko get a real boyfriend, like helping Riiko realize, bla bla bla that sort of stuff, where Night plays like a catalyst factor but I don't see any Night Riiko connection to even suggest a friendship?! It's halfway through the drama and the most affection Riiko ever shows Night is in episode TWO. TWO. This is episode five. FIVE.

And the ending's pretty obvious [as suggested by the ending theme]. But... how is that going to work?

[And why am I so stressed for the screenwriters?]

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what they pull out. Hopefully, nothing disappointing and something that will save the mess they're sort of in right now.

I'm not sure if I really like this drama for sure. But it's kept me wanting to watch more, so I guess it's a good thing. Plus, when I actually watch it, it's entertaining, & I get pretty into it. :P It was surprising to see what was happening to Night... actually, it was good, because like you guys, I was getting annoyed that Riiko kept pushing Night away. But after ep.4, you can totally sense that things will finally move on between them. :P

Well, I can tell you...things have not moved on after ep4. Nor has there been any progression in ep5. Nor will there be any progression in ep6 from what I see in the previews. The only progression is Riko falling for Soushi.

Relationship chart seem to be Night X(annoyed)->(loves) Riko ?(unknown)->(loves) Soushi

Guest marasshi

^That is so true.

I didn't even finish Episode 5 because nothing seems to be happening in the series besides those goddamn cream puffs. I mean I actually liked how Riiko wasn't a completely untalented loser like she was in the manga, but did the scriptwriters forget that she was also grateful for Night? She bought him already, for crying out loud. Why would you buy an "appliance" and not use it?

They should have called this drama Absolute Cream Puffs or Absolute Soushi if all they're making Night play is second fiddle. :x

Guest sentuhmentalfo0l

i just started watching the show i'm really liking it so far

except, the entire plot does seem to rely on the cream puffs

soshi is like obsessed with the cream puffs

Guest Cerises

like many people have said, the plot needs to MOVE

there hasn't been any progress in riiko's relationships with either male lead <_< and frankly, i'm starting to not like riiko because of the way she's treating Night. At first I thought she was ok, but she just keeps on treating Night so horribly. I mean, why did she buy him in the first place if she keeps acting like she doesn't want him around?

Guest whatever0024

I agree with what everyone has said so far.

I'm thisclose to giving up on this drama. After reading the posts above, when SARS upload their subbed version, I'll download it, but I won't watch it since nothing really happens anyway. It's already episode 5 and there's no romance development between Night and Riiko. This needs to move along faster.

I'm also annoyed with how she treats him. She created him and ordered him; she should treat him better.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

i really love the live action series so far but i just hate how some settings were made rto change but i understand the circumstances that happen in the manga that can't possibly happen with teenagers *hahahaha* i know but it's a great show and all ^^

Archived