[jp Upcoming Drama] 絶対彼氏。 Zettai Kareshi. Absolute Boyfriend

Guest cee.jay

Guest marasshi

I thought I wouldn't be able to bear watching Mika and Night together but I did! XD

The ending of Episode 4 was worth it (and the expression on that pinkberry's face hahaha)

<33

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dionne_wu

Episode 4 was kinda dull, it's weary watching R&N with little progress..they need to start convincing people; pronto.

Otherwise the significance of Night

dying off at the end and her grief will end up insignificant.

After all, Zettai Kareshi is all about a girl and her robot.

I like Soshi and all, but he's not supposed to be as big a threat like he is in the drama as compared to the manga.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Episode 4 was kinda dull, it's weary watching R&N with little progress..they need to start convincing people; pronto.

Or else the significance of Night

I like Soshi and all, but he's not supposed to be as big a threat like he is in the drama as compared to the manga.

I totally agree.

- Episode 4 was boring because there wasn't much indication of any romance (except with Mika and Night)

- And Night's character is pretty insignificant in this drama, only that, he's posing to be a big handful for Riiko especially how she had to go save him towards the end of the episode.

- Soshi. I'm sure that you're kind of like me... didn't like Soshi much in the manga (kind of annoying) but love him in this drama. He's supposed to be the HUGE UNDERDOG in the story where he doesn't charm Riiko in any way. But like this drama is like PRO-soshi. Not to mention the ending theme song :crazy: it totally shows that

she ends up with Soshi and Night is guarding them.

Actually, this drama makes me think Night is a bit fake and ... a tad bit annoying.

I mean, there's nothing absolute about this boyfriend. IMO.

Actually, this drama makes me think Night is a bit fake and ... a tad bit annoying.

I mean, there's nothing absolute about this boyfriend. IMO.

i know thats why i actually stopped watch the drama...

i hate it how they made him so mechanical

in the manga he's suppose to be very human-like...

plus he acts like a stalker rather than an ideal boy-friend

so T_T yea very disapointed

i know thats why i actually stopped watch the drama...

i hate it how they made him so mechanical

in the manga he's suppose to be very human-like...

plus he acts like a stalker rather than an ideal boy-friend

so T_T yea very disapointed

Haha... it might be easier to enjoy the drama if you separate it from the manga. Instead of comparing them, maybe it's better to watch this drama on its own.

I think the problem is that they are trying to be realistic about the portrayal of a robot. And maybe they are trying to send a different message with the drama about how what you think you want (robot) vs what you really want might be different.

Because she wanted a handsome man who'd be totally devoted to her but as we know, in reality, that's a bit too much.

I personally don't like the robot because, he's a robot. The actor, IMO, is better looking than Hiro but I can't exactly root for Night because one, he's a robot and 2) every single thing he says and does has been programmed. Unlike Soshi who might do things because he wants to (or love her despite himself), Night really has no choice in the matter... so that's not romantic to me.

Well, I look forward to seeing episode 4. And them explaining how a robot programmed for one person can suddenly decide to go for another.

Guest Cerises

^ I agree with the whole idea that the drama might be thinking of sending out a different message than that of the manga.

However, if they're planning on still having riiko not being able to decide between the two male leads, then I really wonder how they're going to do that. After all, the relationship between riiko and night hasn't really been progressing. You think she's starting to warm up to Night, but then in the next episode she's annoyed with him again, and keeps telling him he's just a robot.

I dont know. With Night being so mechanical <including all those machine-like sound effects whenever he moves/blinks> I don't see Riiko thinking of him as a human being anytime soon, let alone falling in love with him :sweatingbullets:

I couldn't help but watch ep.4 without subs...

and I just skimmed through it because it was soo annoying to see Mika and Night together.

As of now, I can't see Riiko falling in love with Night either... but the story won't go on if that's what really happens? She needs to fall in love with him, and then at the end realize he's not the one she can be with because he's a robot and all that...

I'm still hoping for Night to be slowly changing into a less mechanical character... and I guess in order for Riiko to actually fall in love with him, this is what needs to happen?

lol what am I saying -__-;;

Guest MoonBlue

Actually, this drama makes me think Night is a bit fake

Not sure what you mean by Night being "fake" because he is after all a robot, or as Riiko so cruelly has to remind us every now and then, only an electrical appliance. If you're comparing him to the Night in the manga, he was a hi-tech "figure" in the manga, and here, a Terminator-like love "robot" and this difference has been established since episode 1. This is nothing against you being "pro-Soshi" because up till now, I myself think Riiko x Soshi are more compatible; :sweatingbullets: but the fact that Soshi's character was changed beyond recognition save for his name, it makes little sense that you could accept such drastic change and not Night's. Besides, Night was becoming a bit more lively and animated in ep 3 but getting kissed by Mika just took us back to square 1...hence him becoming clumsy again and hitting his head on the door beam LOL.

>>>SPOILERS AHEAD<<<

Anyway in ep 4, Night was showing early signs that he was becoming more human-like despite the reset. When asking Mika out on a date, he suggested a number of things -- planetarium, fireworks, aquarium, dessert buffet (cake viking) -- all of which happened to be Riiko's favourite pastime. And towards the end of the ep, Night was able to recall Riiko's name after being saved by her from the fire. Namikiri was amazed by this behaviour because Night's memory should've been completely wiped out upon reset, but for some reason or another, he was able to retain his memories of Riiko. A sign that he was becoming more human-like, or that his love for Riiko before the reset was more than what was just pre-programmed?

Meanwhile, Riiko seemed to be falling deeper for Soshi although she denied it when questioned by Fujiko-san. Soshi was asked to take a week off to do some self-reflection. Feeling partly responsible for Soshi's punishment, Riiko encouraged him not to give up on his cream-puff proposal, and even took a day off to help him promote at the different deparment stores. They were overjoyed when one businessman finally agreed to let them test-run their product at the upcoming dessert expo. Soshi exclaimed that this was only the beginning of a battle, but decided to thank Riiko by treating her to the hilltop cafe his grandpa used to visit. Riiko stood Soshi up last minute when Namikiri called and told her Night was refusing to leave the restaurant because Mika has asked Night not to no matter what the circumstances. (This seems to be a major loophole since how could Riiko possibly arrive at the scene of the fire before the firefighters? 0_0)

Anyhow, a jumble of events in ep 4 which in my opinion are not paced to the best effect. Inserting Mika's character into the love quadrangle has done nothing for Night x Riiko's relationship but only added more complication. Riiko didn't grow jealous one bit and only agreed to kiss/reset Night to avoid paying the fine for breaching the contract. -___- Contrarily, Mika who was moved by Night's undying love LOL becomes jealous of Night x Riiko in the coming ep...which will unfortunately cause both Soshi's cream-puff launch and Riiko, her job. We will also see Soshi confessing to Riiko in ep 5...but this will most likely be placed at the end as a cliffhanger. ^^

Guest cholo

>>>SPOILERS AHEAD<<<

Meanwhile, Riiko seemed to be falling deeper for Soshi although she denied it when questioned by Fujiko-san. Soshi was asked to take a week off to do some self-reflection. Feeling partly responsible for Soshi's punishment, Riiko encouraged him not to give up on his cream-puff proposal, and even took a day off to help him promote at the different deparment stores. They were overjoyed when one businessman finally agreed to let them test-run their product at the upcoming dessert expo. Soshi exclaimed that this was only the beginning of a battle, but decided to thank Riiko by treating her to the hilltop cafe his grandpa used to visit. Riiko stood Soshi up last minute when Namikiri called and told her Night was refusing to leave the restaurant because Mika has asked Night not to no matter what the circumstances.

thanks for the spoilers.. :) loved to see the pairing Riiko and Soshi.

Guest minilight1080

Not sure what you mean by Night being "fake" because he is after all a robot, or as Riiko so cruelly has to remind us every now and then, only an electrical appliance. If you're comparing him to the Night in the manga, he was a hi-tech "figure" in the manga, and here, a Terminator-like love "robot" and this difference has been established since episode 1. This is nothing against you being "pro-Soshi" because up till now, I myself think Riiko x Soshi are more compatible; :sweatingbullets: but the fact that Soshi's character was changed beyond recognition save for his name, it makes little sense that you could accept such drastic change and not Night's. Besides, Night was becoming a bit more lively and animated in ep 3 but getting kissed by Mika just took us back to square 1...hence him becoming clumsy again and hitting his head on the door beam LOL.

>>>SPOILERS AHEAD<<<

Anyway in ep 4, Night was showing early signs that he was becoming more human-like despite the reset. When asking Mika out on a date, he suggested a number of things -- planetarium, fireworks, aquarium, dessert -- all of which happened to be Riiko's favourite pastime. And towards the end of the ep, Night was able to recall Riiko's name after being saved by her from the fire. Namikiri was amazed by this behaviour because Night's memory should've been completely wiped out upon reset, but for some reason or another, he was able to retain his memories of Riiko. A sign that he was becoming more human-like, or that his love for Riiko before the reset was more than what was just pre-programmed?

Meanwhile, Riiko seemed to be falling deeper for Soshi although she denied it when questioned by Fujiko-san. Soshi was asked to take a week off to do some self-reflection. Feeling partly responsible for Soshi's punishment, Riiko encouraged him not to give up on his cream-puff proposal, and even took a day off to help him promote at the different deparment stores. They were overjoyed when one businessman finally agreed to let them test-run their product at the upcoming dessert expo. Soshi exclaimed that this was only the beginning of a battle, but decided to thank Riiko by treating her to the hilltop cafe his grandpa used to visit. Riiko stood Soshi up last minute when Namikiri called and told her Night was refusing to leave the restaurant because Mika has asked Night not to no matter what the circumstances. (This seems to be a major loophole since how could Riiko possibly arrive at the scene of the fire before the firefighters? 0_0)

Anyhow, a jumble of events in ep 4 which in my opinion are not paced to the best effect. Inserting Mika's character into the love quadrangle has done nothing for Night x Riiko's relationship but only added more complication. Riiko didn't grow jealous one bit and only agreed to kiss/reset Night to avoid paying the fine for breaching the contract. -___- Contrarily, Mika who was moved by Night's undying love LOL becomes jealous of Night x Riiko in the coming ep...which will unfortunately cause both Soshi's cream-puff launch and Riiko, her job. We will also see Soshi confessing to Riiko in ep 5...but this will most likely be placed at the end as a cliffhanger. ^^

thank you for spoilers, I can't wait for Sars to finish subbing..so its true, in ep 5, soshi did confessed. I watch ep 4 raw but I dont understand anything..Can't wait to see Soshiko moments...

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Not sure what you mean by Night being "fake" because he is after all a robot, or as Riiko so cruelly has to remind us every now and then, only an electrical appliance.

I mean his feelings for Riiko, so far, does not seem genuine.

Ordinarily, I totally understand that he's a robot and I shouldn't really expect him to DEVELOP true reasons to back up true feelings.

But its like when he says "I love you" and stuff like that, it seems like he's saying it because its his duty.

Guest dionne_wu

I think another reason for Night being so mechanical is so that he can project all his cute robotic mannerisms for comedic effect. You can't deny a big part of the slapstick comes from his 'roboticisms'. It wouldn't make as much sense if Night acts totally human and he was making all that machine effects. And I'm thinking he will get more humanistic while his love for Riiko grows in depth so it will contrast greatly - how he is now and he is later when he starts acting beyond his robotic abilities.

It's still fairly early into the series so I'm not giving up! :phew:

I just started watching this series last night, and I got hooked LOL XD :P

I'm done with epi.3 already, ahaha <333

I'll just wait patiently for epi.4 with subs :]

I am so torn between Soshi and Night V______V

But I guess, Riko will end up with Soshi...since that's the way the manga ended

And, it's really impossible for a human and robot to be together, right?

*sighs***

There are just times when I wish a fairy or something would make Night into a human {although it's not likely that it will happen] T__T

Guest `lilac;dreams

I agree with what MoonBlue said about how Night becomes less mechanical as time goes by. He kept banging his head (omo, cute~) and smiling to himself before his reset. But it seemed like after his reset, he became more of a feeling being? He got jealous when he saw the other guy (I think he was even more jealous of this scenario than when he saw Soshiko), you could also feel he got upset when Mika didn't want to accept him and all. Whereas in the case of Riiko being indifferent to his actions, he just sits there and stares/smiles blankly at her. It felt to me like his love for Riiko was programmed whilst his love for Mika seemed more real.

I still don't like Mika though. -_-

And yes, I think if people can accept Soshi's change from his manga form, accepting Night as a slightly more mechanical being shouldn't be a problem either. I think it's best to watch the drama without comparing too much. Afterall, the drama may be based on the manga, but it's not an exact adaptation.

I love all the comedic moments involving Riiko, Night and Namikiri. Namikiri's so funny! I kinda like the friendship between Namikiri and Riiko. It's cute.

Guest marasshi

I think that whenever Night's "emotions" are stirred (when he gets jealous or sad when his owner doesn't feel happy with him) he becomes more human. When his owner is being mean to him, he tends to tune it out by becoming robot-like again. :x

What I don't really like about the drama is how unmoved Riiko's character is by Night's actions. In the manga she was truly grateful for Night, and she wasn't as hardhearted as she is in the drama. Or maybe the drama Riiko is just trying to hide her appreciation for Night because when she got him back, I thought she seemed genuinely happy (and not just because she doesn't have to pay the fine anymore).

Thank you for the spoilers, MoonBlue. I didn't get most of Episode 4 until I read your post. : D

I still don't really like Soshi's character... I mean, he's sweet and all, but I preferred his supporting role in the manga more compared to this seemingly lead role in the drama (and why doesn't Mika go for him anyway? He talks to Riiko a lot, and isn't that reason enough to steal him from her?).

Guest Maia-chan

Has anyone ever watched the PV Can You Keep A Secret? by Utada Hikaru? Her robot in there is real robot (not human-like like Night), but the emotion is real and when the robot 'died' by running out of battery in the end and it shed a tear, I cried too! And that was only by watching a PV! I wonder what I would have felt like when this dorama comes to an end...

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

LOL

THERE WAS ONE PART THAT WAS HILARIOUS!

Remember in the beginning of episode 3

where that company representative comes to Riiko's house to make her sign a contract for "purchasing" Night?

and then Night tries to kiss her as the two of them try to walk the guy to the door

and then she pushed him so hard that he hit his head on the wall.

I know it was such a small scene but its so funnyyyyy.

(I know I didn't put spoiler blockage, but... its not a spoiler lol)

Guest whatever0024

oh gosh there's too much soshi in this drama..

its not that i don't like him

but it so contradicts with the manga and the whole concept of the show..

and riiko doesn't even show one sign of liking to night..

There's only so few episodes left until the finale. It would be nice to have Riiko fall in love with Night soon because, otherwise,

his death

will be in vain. So far, I don't feel any chemistry between Riiko and Night. To her, he's just a nuisance.

Archived