Samurai Girl [live Action Tv Series 2008]

0rchid

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MariYEH

I guess i could say that I was surprised that Jamie can actually act.

I love her but I seriously thought that she was going to suck for some reason...

maybe cause of the Reality TV sigma?! :sweatingbullets:

Guest losborrachos

i saw all three episodes. i thought it was ok, certainly better than other abcfamily projects we've had in the past (bring it on: in it to win it or cutting edge 3, take your pick). i think jamie chung gave a decent performance, i think i had more trouble with the heaven character itself. she was too... perfect, and that always bothers me. i liked jake, mostly because i like brendan fehr (i miss roswell!) and i love cheryl, otto, and severin. great supporting characters who i think carried the series.

Guest CONSTANCE

i actually SAW jamie chung at the studio city urban outfitters! LOL

i was like ....... isnt that the samurai girl ?!?! whats her name again?!

i couldnt remember it so i just kept starring at her LOL ^^;;

shes REALLY tall and pretty in life :) and really really skinny ..

there were magazine stacks outside and there was a limo waiting for her with her driver eating potato chips on the sidewalk haha

YEAH :)

I went and read the 1st 3 books of Samurai Girl...and the 1 aspect of Heaven I did not like was her infatuation with Hiro (there is NO Jake in the book series...ABC decided to replace Hiro with the Jake character instead). It was fustrating knowing that she likes the guy, telling herself to get over him, but then keep running to him when she needs help. And the Karen character was supposed to be part Japanese and she had actually started dating Hiro after Heaven came to Hiro for help as per her brother's last wishes.

Actually felt bad for the Teddy character [the fiance] in the book so far. He's actually fallen in love with Heaven.

They must have combined several guys in the book into the Otto ABC character, because Otto in the book only appeared for how many paragraphs before he disappeared in the first book.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished the books...read through the 1st 3, and skimmed the last 3. I found myself not liking any of the characters in there except, surprisingly, for Teddy (though given his physical description wasn't great--gangsta-wannabe and all). Definitely liked the ending to the 6th book, but wish there were several more pages to it, to learn what happens after. Very pleased I had been rooting for Teddy the entire way.

The TV series version is definitely better than the books, I don't think I could handle all that angst if the TV series had followed the books, not to mention all the betrayals.

Guest BrOkEn_DrEaMz

the tv series was kinda disappointing to me lol. I sorta expected a smexie Japanese guy for Hiro and I get Jake who also plays in CSI Miami lol. It was weird to see him not wearing a lab coat. Everything was kinda different, but Teddy was hot. I expected him to be butt-ugly since that's how he was describe in the book but he was one of the hottest guys in there lol.

finally got off my lazy butt and edited the top post, lol.

i loved otto and cheryl^^

honestly, the series wasn't too bad but it really irked me that it was Jake who taught her the ways of a samurai (even though he's really cute xD). why did the only young attractive asian male have to die??

i don't know if it's actually him or not, but apparently this is what Jack Yang posted on his IMDB page about his character's death:

"Wanna see more of me in Samurai Girl? Email the network or ABC family and tell them what you think. They listen to peoples' opinions more than their own. You never actually see my dead body so..... the writers are very creative. Thanks for you kind words!" (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1555268/board/nest/12067856?p=5

anyways, go vote on the abc site people!! => http://abcfamily.go.com/abcfamily/path/sec...OLL359=10000000

it's not so much about whether or not the show was bad, but rather showing to America that there is a market interested in tv shows with Asian casts. i mean if they get enough vote, i'm sure they'll spend more money on hiring better writers and training their actors. So show your support!!

the "ending" was just too... 0_____o???

Guest lovecubedlee

HOLYCRAP!!

I TOTALLLLLY DID NOT REALIZE SHE WAS IN REALWORLD..

I SLIIIIGHTLLLLLY REMEMEBER HER??? ahha

but shes a cutie with an even cuter little body. im jealouss.

i was a litttle upset that all the asians are supposed to be japanese

but all of them are actually chinese or korean.

HMM..can't expect much from american entertainment

we all "look the same" to them anyway -_____-

but yeahhh its fun to watch..id like this to be made into a show!

AFTERRR they get more acting practice &&&&& PLEASE SOME GOODLOOKING ASIAN GUYS. COME ON! EVERYONE ON SOOMPI KNOWS THEYRE OUT THERE. THE REST OF AMERICA DOESNT.

btw is jamie chinese or korean?

Guest Blu_Velvet_Sea

Okay I tried watching a few minutes of it. Watched up to the part where the wedding was crashed by those ninjas. Gosh that even sounds pretty lame in that sentence *coughs* Yeah... I didn't really like it much. I didn't like the acting or the music they chose. It was too cheesy? I don't feel like watching the rest to give it more of a chance =S

Guest KissofDeath

Saw a few episodes, and I have to say it's pretty lame and boring.

Female lead's acting isn't great and can be annoying at times.

Nothingless, I adore Jake&Hiko<3 :)

Archived