Chinese People Smell Like Moth Balls

Guest CrazyAzn

Guest CrazyAzn

Lets get something straightened out before I ask this question... NOT ALL Chinese people smell like moth balls. I made the title to get more people to read this and give me more input.

From my experience, it's often a 50/50 chance that a Chinese person I meet smells like moth balls. I have gotten to know a quite a few Chinese people, around 30 (some friends and some people I just talk to at school). I would say about 19 out of the 30 Chinese people I know smell like moth balls (it smells A LOT)... ok, so it's a 19/30 chance from my experience, w/e. I never had the guts to ask any of my Chinese friends about it. At the moment, I am assuming that it is something that Chinese people eat. The smell often comes from their clothes (body??), backpack, and sometimes I can smell if in their breath. I'm am really curious about what this smell is. It's always Chinese people, I've never met any other person who smelled like this of another ethnicity.

QUESTION: What is that smell? Is it some kind of Chinese food? Or do Chinese people use tons of moth balls in their closets (I doubt it because I can smell it in their breath sometimes)?

Guest ohhreallynow

I'm Chinese and I don't smell like that and I know some Chinese people and they don't smell like that.

Maybe the people you know are special ? I don't know.

I thought that no one uses moth balls anymore

for a moment i had to think what mothballs was xD

maybe the people u know.. puts them in the closet? i dunno my mom used to do it >_> a long time ago..

but i dont know anyone that smells like that o.o

Guest CrazyAzn

OMG. Just for the record, I'm not making this up. From everyone's reply, I feel like an A$$. I was really hoping to find an answer to this, but I guess I'm meeting all the weird Chinese people?????

Guest squeaky

hmm, i don't know about chinese people, but i'm korean, and i know a lot of old grannies who smell like moth balls. or a lot of the really really korean people at school smell like them, the ones who are straight from korea.

Guest CrazyAzn

Alrighty then. Obviously, I've been meeting all the rare Chinese people who smell like this.

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT AND KNOWS WHAT THE SMELL IS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

lol funny.

whenever my mexican friend comes over to my house he's always like hmm smells like asian lol cracks me up

well about the mothballs

my mom goes crazy when i don't have mothballs in my closet

so maybe its because the scent goes absorbed into the clothes

for a moment i had to think what mothballs was xD

maybe the people u know.. puts them in the closet? i dunno my mom used to do it >_> a long time ago..

oo that!!

i was thinking what was a mothball..

i was about to ask google for help xD

im chinese, and *sniff sniff* i don't smell like a mothball..

i think the grannies smell more like it xD

moth balls? 0-0 do they hav something to do with moths..? ;x

its a white ball that's suppose to repel bugs away from your closet or drawers

Archived