Street Fighter 4

Guest CK92842

Guest ryisakooguy

Haha man those were some really good games, but I got so frustrated. I dunno what it was, but when it came to your Ryu I just couldn't overcome a lot of obstacles. Every single round it'd be so close. Then all the times I missed the ultra after an ex-uppercut, or when I do a super when I wanted to do a tiger knee.. I dunno what it was, but nothing I was doing was working. Zoning, close-up game, those are usually my strong points, not those games though. So many accounts of fail. We gotta play again. This is going to bug me until we play again. I've never had any matches that were constantly close like that. Good games.

I highly recommend anyone out there w/ a PS3 to play this guy. He's pretty good.

oh trust me i know you feel. i felt the same way when i was playing dan. its funny how i want to use dan seriously but nothing didnt seem to come out as i wanted. my bread and butter didnt even come out and his super ALWAYS just comes out of no where when i dont want it to. i kinda got too happy with his ultra though. ahh, i shall try again when we play again. i need to get a win with dan. haha.

i was really, really surprised that i got the upper hand during those matches. you're right that every match was always a close one. there was one that was especially so close that we had a few ticks of life between you and me and i won with this expression on my face O_O. i really do think you can take me down next time. from what you're saying im actually afraid to go up when you have your got game down. like i said, i was just lucky.

but im glad to have played with someone like you. it does suck to get beat down but at the same time i learn a lot of things as well. like how i cant back dash while you were doing a focus attack. man, i swear i got hit by them like 50 million times. haha. neways, cant wait til we play next time. your sagat is good.

btw, are you playing on stick or controller?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh trust me i know you feel. i felt the same way when i was playing dan. its funny how i want to use dan seriously but nothing didnt seem to come out as i wanted. my bread and butter didnt even come out and his super ALWAYS just comes out of no where when i dont want it to. i kinda got too happy with his ultra though. ahh, i shall try again when we play again. i need to get a win with dan. haha.

i was really, really surprised that i got the upper hand during those matches. you're right that every match was always a close one. there was one that was especially so close that we had a few ticks of life between you and me and i won with this expression on my face O_O. i really do think you can take me down next time. from what you're saying im actually afraid to go up when you have your got game down. like i said, i was just lucky.

but im glad to have played with someone like you. it does suck to get beat down but at the same time i learn a lot of things as well. like how i cant back dash while you were doing a focus attack. man, i swear i got hit by them like 50 million times. haha. neways, cant wait til we play next time. your sagat is good.

btw, are you playing on stick or controller?

I'm playing on a D-Pad. Thumb blisters FTL. Another reason why I can't FADC rush through fireballs. Haha. I was watching a Sagat vs Sagat video on youtube. One of the Japanese guys focus attack dash canceled almost every single fireball. The best part was that he was able to keep the pressure up cause he was rushing through.

I think I figured out how to close the distance between the characters really fast while negating a fireball... Let's just hope I can pull it off in game

I noticed yesterday that my close-up game wasn't all that good. I also noticed that Sagat doesn't really have a good opportunity to tick throw. I think I might have figured out a way around that.

slow tiger shot, FADC, forward+lk, into tiger knee should get me close-up before the fireball hits, I can combo string then and the fireball catching up to hit will give me the tick I need to throw. Haven't tried this in game yet, but will do tomorrow.

I AM SO ANGRY AT THE 360 D-PAD RIGHT NOW

lost a close game, both rounds that I lost, I could have won if I was able to connect balrog's ultra to the headbutt

went to training mode and looked at whats getting inputted when i press forward-back-forward...it gives me halfcircles BAH

That sucks Ray. Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of the xBox360 players tend to have sticks. I couldn't imagine playing on that controller though, it'd feel to awkward. You coming to the Sacramento meet? Maybe we can SFIV it up.

:::edit:::

I just found out res0nate is currently ranked 125 with 5462 Battle Points

Guest res0nate

:::edit:::

I just found out res0nate is currently ranked 125 with 5462 Battle Points

I used to be in the top 30. Then I stopped playing for 2 weeks hahah.

Guest ryisakooguy

I'm playing on a D-Pad. Thumb blisters FTL. Another reason why I can't FADC rush through fireballs. Haha. I was watching a Sagat vs Sagat video on youtube. One of the Japanese guys focus attack dash canceled almost every single fireball. The best part was that he was able to keep the pressure up cause he was rushing through.

I think I figured out how to close the distance between the characters really fast while negating a fireball... Let's just hope I can pull it off in game

I noticed yesterday that my close-up game wasn't all that good. I also noticed that Sagat doesn't really have a good opportunity to tick throw. I think I might have figured out a way around that.

slow tiger shot, FADC, forward+lk, into tiger knee should get me close-up before the fireball hits, I can combo string then and the fireball catching up to hit will give me the tick I need to throw. Haven't tried this in game yet, but will do tomorrow.

i wish i had a stick but one thing im afraid bout using one is that i really suck at using the joystick than i am with just the D-pad. but im on controller as well and i agree its pretty tough doing a FADC and thats one reason why i barely use it. i would love to just do a jump in, s.hp, srk, FADC into ultra. and yes, those japanese kats are so crazy when it comes to FA. i saw a video where chun li just put the pressure on ryu and wouldnt even get off him. haha too bad i cant use chunners like that.

but just reading your way of finding a new way to tick throw sounds like its going to work. if it does, then im going to have to find a way around that. does sagat have any kara cancels? i think i saw one before but i wouldnt know cause i dont play as sagat. that could be another way to close in the distance and give your throw more priority or even apply more pressure to get closer.

man, within the next day im going to be switching between 3 games. RE5, KZ2, and SF4. man...oh well.

btw, do you leave on your ps3 for folding@home? if you do, then thats koo man. props yo.

whos rank 1 right now or top 5?

04:19PM (PST) - PlayStation 3 Results

Top 5 in Battle Points

1) XstarkexX [15325]

2) snkvscapcom [15114]

3) tehyeh [15043]

4) Senpudjin-BR [14810]

5) diablooffire03 [14002]

Top 5 in Ranked Match Wins

1) seb-2009_ [2947]

2) suketo [2234]

3) KID_815 [2182]

4) qaqqa [1882]

5) Vodka-454 [1854]

Understand that these numbers don't mean anything. The top 5 most likely disconnect before they're about to lose so that they don't lose battle points. I've come to find that some of the best players hover around the 3000-6000 Battle Points area.

i wish i had a stick but one thing im afraid bout using one is that i really suck at using the joystick than i am with just the D-pad. but im on controller as well and i agree its pretty tough doing a FADC and thats one reason why i barely use it. i would love to just do a jump in, s.hp, srk, FADC into ultra. and yes, those japanese kats are so crazy when it comes to FA. i saw a video where chun li just put the pressure on ryu and wouldnt even get off him. haha too bad i cant use chunners like that.

but just reading your way of finding a new way to tick throw sounds like its going to work. if it does, then im going to have to find a way around that. does sagat have any kara cancels? i think i saw one before but i wouldnt know cause i dont play as sagat. that could be another way to close in the distance and give your throw more priority or even apply more pressure to get closer.

man, within the next day im going to be switching between 3 games. RE5, KZ2, and SF4. man...oh well.

btw, do you leave on your ps3 for folding@home? if you do, then thats koo man. props yo.

Yeah I agree with the FADC. I can do most FADC combos into ultra in training mode, but it's rare for me to see the opportunity for me to push a combo like that in game. The times that I have tried it, I fail the dash portion and end up screwing up the ultra.

Yeah I've found that what I was doing was known as "Kara-TigerShot/TigerUppercut/TigerKnee". It's really useful, I've come to find that if I'm in a fireball fight, if I time it right, I can tiger knee right over someone's fireball and get in their face to try for a close-up fight. Good for mixing it up.

and yeah, I leave my PS3 on to fold proteins.. Haha.. sounds kinda nerdy.

Guest CueTheSun

No wonder you're always on Life with Playstation haha. I wanted to play you, I need someone to practice against :(

Guest CueTheSun

Add me on PSN and send me a message. Next time I see you on, we'll game.

PSN ID: DuyKato

I've added you already actually, my PSN = briiii (with 4 i's). I'm usually on more at night

Guest CueTheSun

Your crossup game destroys me. I haven't exactly learned anything about it yet.

Haha, I know what you mean. I always get messed up when people do it on me too, good games.

Guest ryisakooguy

Yeah I agree with the FADC. I can do most FADC combos into ultra in training mode, but it's rare for me to see the opportunity for me to push a combo like that in game. The times that I have tried it, I fail the dash portion and end up screwing up the ultra.

Yeah I've found that what I was doing was known as "Kara-TigerShot/TigerUppercut/TigerKnee". It's really useful, I've come to find that if I'm in a fireball fight, if I time it right, I can tiger knee right over someone's fireball and get in their face to try for a close-up fight. Good for mixing it up.

ahhh crap. i guess im going to have to adapt to your new karas then. i dont believe ryu actually has any karas. anyways, im going to adapt to that and we'll see from there. btw, i just notice that i cant even get serious with dan anymore. which is a shame!!! i lose to almost everything that comes out, even his simplest poke i usually lose to cause its too slow when it comes out. man, im kinda sad. but whatever...im still going to play as dan and throw a flying taunt. YAHOOOO!!!!!! :D

and yes, duy is right when it comes to BP because i heard that some scrubs online just quit after losing a match or even getting close to after a lose resulting in them not losing ANY BP what so ever.

Anybody who wants to play me add TONYC402 on PSN . Just let me know you are from Soompi

yo tony! ill play with you homie. just message me next time im on if you wanna get down. message me first cause i might be playing some RE5 co-op. but usually ill switch games. oh man, another competitor waiting for a challenge...FOR DAN!! imma get my richard simmons whooped. T_T

btw, do you guys have ANY idea how to take down a gief player? i usually zone him out but when he gets in, its like impossible to stay away from him. cause this what exactly happen to me, he closes in, SPD, and as i await to get up he crosses me up. and does a simple 3 hit combo which knocks me down again. i think he SPDs me or just down the bear hug throw. usually you cant tech after any throws. so i was stuck in that middle of the screen just getting pounded by his cross ups. and i swear i do wake up SRK but it NEVER came out but ONE. ughh horrible. made my ryu look like a scrub. i was sad :( but i came to learn once again after getting pounded that cross ups are deadly. i tend to try them but i never really got serious bout it. im going to learn it. i need more practice on versing 'gief. anyone a gief player here?

buuuuuut imma play some RE5. lol

btw guys we should post up some strategies here so we can help each other out when the time comes when we actually run into a good player like that 'gief player.

Guest Tonyc402

Finally I am able to take on those stupid Ken , Ryu and Akuma scrubs with Abel. Though , Im still having trouble with Sagat :tongue2:

ryisakooguy: dude , i suck lol . We've had some closee battles but for the most part i just sucked. I promise I'll be better next time ahahah.

Man people that send me hatemail when I'm playing..

Here are some of the more memorable ones:

"Sagat is for noobs."

"tiger deez nutz"

"Fireball more plz"

I feel bad for people that get zoned by fireballs... I really like playing against Akuma's, you're not going to beat him in a fireball fire, so the only other logical alternative is to get up in his face... It entertains me to try and break through his fireball zone game. FADC, FADC, Tiger knee over the red fireball... should be in his face now.. Then it becomes super interesting.

On a different note... Here's a video of the SFIV games during our recent NorCal Soompi meet.

Guest ryisakooguy

Man people that send me hatemail when I'm playing..

Here are some of the more memorable ones:

"Sagat is for noobs."

"tiger deez nutz"

"Fireball more plz"

I feel bad for people that get zoned by fireballs... I really like playing against Akuma's, you're not going to beat him in a fireball fire, so the only other logical alternative is to get up in his face... It entertains me to try and break through his fireball zone game. FADC, FADC, Tiger knee over the red fireball... should be in his face now.. Then it becomes super interesting.

On a different note... Here's a video of the SFIV games during our recent NorCal Soompi meet.

haha nice way to close in the gap. i love fighting close range more than anything else. unless they are playing a charge character. then i just go completely blank sometimes and i get baited. errr i needa play more patiently.

ahhh the hate mail. man i want to get some but i dont own as much as i used to now. like yesterday i told my cousin i was going to get BP for him. started with 0, after like 11 matches, ended with...ready?...0 BP!!!! woooo!! man, im so good. blah, probably the worst ive done.

and did i just see a come back from that video? haha nice. btw, if thats you duy doing them 90s then i can say that we share the same passions. SF and breakin...although i tend to stick to footwork more than anything else. nice 90s btw! i gotta learn them.

oh btw tony sorry i didnt do any research on abel yet. i might later today tho. then i can give ya some tips or something. haha

haha nice way to close in the gap. i love fighting close range more than anything else. unless they are playing a charge character. then i just go completely blank sometimes and i get baited. errr i needa play more patiently.

and did i just see a come back from that video? haha nice. btw, if thats you duy doing them 90s then i can say that we share the same passions. SF and breakin...although i tend to stick to footwork more than anything else. nice 90s btw! i gotta learn them.

Yeah for some reason charge characters give me lots of problems. Particularly Guile and Balrog. I always feel really pressured by those two guys. Even though they're charging.

In the video I was Sagat. haha I'm actually sitting on the far side of the bed kinda.. calm and collected after that come back. =]

The guy in the hat thought he had me.. I was getting destroyed by those uppercuts the whole round, he slipped up and I took advantage of it.

As for the 1990's in those Youtube videos. That's actually Khoi (Soompi Name: bboykdash). He's my SF4 rival. Pretty good with Cammy.

Archived