What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest starstung

Bliss by Lauren Myracle

Chibi Vampire (Vol. 7) by Yuna Kagesaki

I'm reading Romeo and Juliet for school and I love it. I've read books inspired by Shakespeare and his works but never a book by Shakespeare himself. So glad it's part of the curriculum.

The Crucible by Arthur Miller, reading it for school. Finished Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell not long ago - also for school :s

Guest HiddenTruth
Ahh! You're in for a treat! And perhaps a late night~ its soo good and I couldn't put it down! :D

IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOOD. I couldn't put it down either.

BUT .. the ending. T___T I know that technically it isn't an ending since it's only book one but still.

The ending made me so angry. (but only because I'm a sucker for romance ._.)

While I wait for 'Catching Fire' to show up in my mailbox, I'll be reading 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'. It'll be slow reading since it's exam week. :x

i have roughly 30 something pages left of Looking For Alaska which is the first non school assigned book that i've read since middle school...lol. isn't that sad?!

i need to read more.

i'm also reading Siddhartha...for school. it's a pain in the butt. i don't like it at all.

Guest lilangelgrl168

^ I liked Looking for Alaska! John Green's other book, Paper Towns, I believe it's called? That one was good too. ^^

I'm currently reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. pretty good, so far.

Guest innocia

I've just received my copy of The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. I'm looking forward to reading it since it was recommended by my friend and she mentioned that the writing style's really witty.

Just finished Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz, now I'm working on The Luxe by Anna Godbersen. Also, still trying to finish Mansfield Park by Jane Austen, The World is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman, and The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. It's a very diverse mix. lol.

Guest Leopoldine

I finished a few weeks ago Angels & Demons. It was really good although some part are just not realistic....

I'm trying to read AntiChrist by Nietzsche for Philosophy class.... I've read the first 3 pages and understood none of it, so far....

Guest mextaus.

just finished 'The Book of Michael' by Lesley Choyce. really good.

starting 'In Ecstacy' by Kate McAffrey

also, 'Lives of the Saints' by Nino Ricci for school. so boring.

Currently reading "Interpreter of Maladies" by Jhumpa Lahiri

Just finished "Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide" by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn

Guest FragrantWhisper

Fanfiction aside, I'm reading Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty.

The first installment of the Jessica Darling series. :)

Enjoying it so far.

Also reading Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad for English Lit.

NOT getting it at all. It's such a hard, descriptive book. Seriously, Conrad's style

of writing makes me cry. =(

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! Plus my teacher is having us read six pages at time during class, including stylistic interpretations and analysis, which makes it far more painful than it needs to be.

I just finished Pride & Prejudice. Marvelous. I just watched the movie with Keira Knightley too (disappointing for some scenes).

Guest marasshi

I just finished reading the entire Sookie Stackhouse series (so far, meaning up to 9) this week. I thought it was average (i.e. good, but no classic) and Charlaine Harris's descriptions sounded pretty typical of paperback romances. But I hardly expected much better from a character who claims to be "genre-educated". Most of the characters were well-written and well-developed, and I really appreciated that, especially compared to another, more popular vampire series that I will not mention here whose characters were just plain boring *andsparkledinthesunlight*. -__-

Guest STUCKinyourLove

The Latehomecomer, A Hmong family memoir by Kao Kalia Yang

I'm reading it for class, but its a really good book so far =)