What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

The wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami, I feel like I won't finish it in this lifetime. ):

I read it this past summer and I felt the same way, but I still got through it. This is probably my least favorite from Murakami.

I finished "Un matrimonio in provincia" by La Marchesa Colombi last week. Wanted to kill myself reading it.

I'm hoping to reread "The Virgin Suicides" by Jeffrey Eugenides and start "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand but time seems to not allow any reading of my own to happen at this moment.

Guest Trine29

I started How I Became a Famous Novelist by Steve Hely yesterday, and I'm already half way through it. The author used to be a writer for David Letterman and Seth McFarlane, and (as it should be) it's hilarious. If you have any interest in the book writing industry, this is perfect. Absolute--and clever--satire.

Guest thalazeewun

Emma by Jane Austen. I'm totally going through some Jane Austen obsession at the moment. So far though, Emma (the character) has been annoying me :ph34r: ..then again, I'm only at the first couple of chapters....hopefully it gets better. :lol:

Guest HiddenTruth

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella ; I got it at the library today and I'm already about a third into the book. :)

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult ; Will be starting this after I finish Shopaholic.

White Oleander - Janet fitch

The number 1 international bestseller - chosen by Oprah Winfrey for her book club

Surprisingly it took me less than a week, right now I am half through this book.

Devil May Care - Sebastian Faulks writing as Ian Fleming

a James Bond Novel

Guest prismatic_star

shantaram.jpg

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.

AMAZING. I am BLOWN AWAY.

Apparently Johnny Depp will soon be starring in the movie that's based on this book. It's coming out in 2011.