What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest graceyoon

Tess of D'ubervilles - my mom had given me this book years and years ago cuz it was her favourite.. just started it now lol

Twilight - i want to read this cuz i don't understand the hype after watching the movie.. but quel surpise, it was sold out at my local Chapters

Guest cciconoclastic

Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson for fun and a history book on Xinjiang called Eurasian Crossroads for my senior thesis.

Guest pyang

Just bought 'Along for the Ride' by Sarah Dessen (just release today) and I'm half way through the book. and then gonna start 'I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to kill you' by Ally Carter.

rereading lolita by vladimir nabokov.

Haha cool, I just finished reading it yesterday. Humbert Humbert makes pedophilia almost comedic (in a sick sort of way..), no? ;P

Anyways, I also just finished reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown (finally) yesterday, and I'm almost done Angels and Demons (the prequel). Seriously, those books are like crack. Majorly addictive much? :x

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

I heard this was a good book, but I never could get myself into it. =/ Just like the hobbit, I gave up after 4 or so pages.

I'm reading The Stand by Stephen King (uncut) book is really long but so far so good. =)

Notes from the Underground

This is good stuff.

just finished re-reading Heir to Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier

just began Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Jane Eyre is one of my absolute favourites. It's amazing and really had some groundbreaking ideas for it's time (the heroine actually had strength, no damsel in distress act <3)

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings- Maya Angelou

I've been reading this for three weeks and still haven't reached page 30 yet. Either I've been really busy or it doesn't interest me that much; I'm not very sure.

This book was really thought provoking.

rereading lolita by vladimir nabokov.

I couldn't finish this...made me cringe and shudder. Was disturbing.

I just finished The Chocolate War. by: Robert Cormier (Surprising ending)

And I'm going to start the Hunger Games tonight (which I see someone liked in the post above) and I'm excited to read it! :)

I finished The Hunger Games and I LOVED IT! Couldn't put it down!!!!

But, I didn't know it was part of a trilogy...so it ended in a bit of a cliffy! The next books comes out September 1st!!!

SOOO GOOOD!

Guest nxtlvl

just started Wuthering Heights. i've heard it's a hard book to read, so i guess we'll just see how it goes =P

Archived