What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm still trying to read "Love in the Time of Cholera"from G.G.Marquez.i don't want to finish this book.it gives me pleasure in every word.that's the magic of Marquez i think :lol:

I'm reading The Blessing Stone By: Barbara Wood

Summary:

Millions of years ago, a meteorite fell to earth and a beautiful blue stone shattered from it. One hundred thousand years ago, a girl named Tall One found the crystal on the African plain---and it formed her destiny, as well as the destiny of generations to come. From ancient Israel to imperial Rome, medieval England, fifteenth-century Germany, the eighteenth-century Caribbean, and the nineteenth-century American West, the destiny of the stone and the history of the world unfold. Each story is full of the betrayals and obsessions of the human heart, and the quests of the human spirit. In "The Blessing Stone," Barbara Wood has both told the intimate details of her characters' lives and created a sense of the epic sweep of human history.

It's amazing and I can't wait to continue

I'm also reading Their Eyes Were Watching God for school

And I'm listening to the audio tapes of a trilogy I already read called the Bartimaeus Trilogy. I'm completely in love with it. I think I like it even better than Harry Potter!

The three books in the trilogy are The Amulet of Samarkand, The Golem's Eye, and Ptolomy's Gate.

Here is the summary of the first one:

Nathaniel, a young magician's apprentice, becomes caught in a web of magical espionage, murder, and rebellion, after he summons the djinni Bartimaeus and instructs him to steal the Amulet of Samarkand from the powerful magician Simon Loveland.

But it's sooo much better than that! You will completely fall in love with Bartimaeus! And the relationship between Nathaniel and Bartimaeus is completly like...like...I CAN'T DESCRIBE IT! GO READ IT! You will NOT regret it!

Guest Fashionista*

I'm reading The Blessing Stone By: Barbara Wood

Summary:

Millions of years ago, a meteorite fell to earth and a beautiful blue stone shattered from it. One hundred thousand years ago, a girl named Tall One found the crystal on the African plain---and it formed her destiny, as well as the destiny of generations to come. From ancient Israel to imperial Rome, medieval England, fifteenth-century Germany, the eighteenth-century Caribbean, and the nineteenth-century American West, the destiny of the stone and the history of the world unfold. Each story is full of the betrayals and obsessions of the human heart, and the quests of the human spirit. In "The Blessing Stone," Barbara Wood has both told the intimate details of her characters' lives and created a sense of the epic sweep of human history.

It's amazing and I can't wait to continue

I'm also reading Their Eyes Were Watching God for school

And I'm listening to the audio tapes of a trilogy I already read called the Bartimaeus Trilogy. I'm completely in love with it. I think I like it even better than Harry Potter!

The three books in the trilogy are The Amulet of Samarkand, The Golem's Eye, and Ptolomy's Gate.

Here is the summary of the first one:

Nathaniel, a young magician's apprentice, becomes caught in a web of magical espionage, murder, and rebellion, after he summons the djinni Bartimaeus and instructs him to steal the Amulet of Samarkand from the powerful magician Simon Loveland.

But it's sooo much better than that! You will completely fall in love with Bartimaeus! And the relationship between Nathaniel and Bartimaeus is completly like...like...I CAN'T DESCRIBE IT! GO READ IT! You will NOT regret it!

i read the Blessing Stone. it's really good and the author was really clever in incorporating the stone into each historical era of the book

i wanted to try out the Bartimaeus Trilogy.. maybe i'll start reading it =)

Guest pillowbox

i just finished reading the The Last Empress by Anchee Min{/b]

for those who read Empress Orchid, you should definitely this sequel. I loved it<3 (=

Guest anniano

Pobby & Dingan by Ben Rice.

It's a really short story, but I love the originality and innocence of it [though the narrator kind of swears too much]. Got it years ago and I still love that book.

Guest anniano

Just finished Pobby & Dingan by Ben Rice [140 pages xD].

Starting Tokyo Blues: Norwegian Wood by Muramaki Haruki for the fifth time. My favourite book all time. Love this author.

Guest Fashionista*

finished 5 people you meet in heaven. a short but heartwarming read.

now i'm starting Twilight - Stephenie Meyers

yea yea i know i'm late :P

but i want to know what all the hype is about this book

Guest saysjessi

The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards

The Pilot's Wife - Anita Shreve

Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri

Peeling the Onion - Gunter Grass

Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife - Mary Roach

(re-read for like the 500th time) Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card

ahhh...i've yet to even make a DENT in the 7th harry potter book....i read the very last chapter and then put it away :lol: will do a complete read-through later

Guest novemberbaby

I'm trying to read all of Jane Austen's novels. Right now, I'm in the middle of Pride and Prejudice. This novel makes me smile a lot :)

Guest hellolovely

I have to read this book for ap history

its called guns , germs, and ,steel

&im suppose to be answering these questions

that were giving to me ><'

yikess

Guest babyxlibra

-The Kite Runner .. i recommend its very emotional?

-Lost Echoes ... pretty good suspense book

-A Thousand Splendid Suns ... second book by the same author who wrote the kite runner.. its slow but has meaning

-Shinju .. describes japanese history and culture

-Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows love it!!

-The Lady in Blue (1/2) ehh kinda boring stopped reading half way

-Water for Elephants. not exciting.. its the NYtimes best seller but its descriptive...makes you believe you're the character kinda

-Before Women Had Wings .. nice book about family

-After Dark ... umm hmmm he's supposedly a really good writer.. but it was pretty like..pointless to me..

-High Noon I LOVE THIS BOOK and Nora Roberts.. its one of the best books i ever read that kept me from putting it down.. but after reading the reviews its supposedly one of her least good books..suprisingly.. cant wait to read her other books

-The MemoryKeeper's Daughter i heard it was good

-The Quickie this one too

if you want the author's names you can pm me!

Archived