What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest Absinthe.

Life of Pi by Yann Martel - I'm gonna start reading this tomorrow morning. I just recently finished 'True Believer' by Nicholas Sparks. It was the first N.S novel that I've ready and I guess it's pretty much the same as other love stories I've come across. The good thing about it is it's not that cheesy which I expected from a Nicholas Sparks book. He is known for his romance stories after all. =p

Ahhh I had to read Life of Pi for my uni course. It was one of the more interesting ones I read. :)

Across the Nightingale floor by Lian Hearn

I love this series, though she does put a tad too much useless description in in the later books.

Started on Jodi Picoult's Salem Falls today ... also reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and going to start on Slaughterhouse Five within the next few days. :)

I like reading Jodi's books, though after a while they all start sounding the same. :S

Ughh reading Twilight because everyone is making such a huuge deal about it. So far, it's okay. I can see why the girls drool over Edward. But seriously... It's so darn SAPPY. And the writing style is so AMATEUR. It's a good teen book, but that's as far as it gets.

I completely agree with you on that. It reminds me of a fanfic. And there are some obvious gaps in the story, hence the story didn't really flow.

On that note, Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden. Never fails to intrigue me.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Redemption of Althalus by David and Leigh Eddings

A good fantasy. Well, definitely a cut--or three cuts--above the rest. And hilariously snarky, as well. Go Brit humor. We have thieves, gods, priests, mind-readers, howling barbarians, Books, gold, nobility, war, and even a tad of sex. Read! :D

Guest starlight24
The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie...

yep Dr. Gregory House from HOUSE wrote a book and its freakin hilarious!

I LOVE that book! :lol: He's such a talented man, that Hugh Laurie! ^_^ I enjoyed the dry, sardonic humor in the book. :D

Currently reading

The Luxe Anna Godberson

5 People You Meet in Heaven Mitch Albom

on my free time

At school

Macbeth Shakespere (sp?)

The Lovely Bones Alice Sebold

To Kill a Mockingbird Harper Lee. (second time T_T")

TKAMB gets better the second time, but its still not one of my favorites. I'm excited to start Macbeth :)

Any good reads ? :)

Due to a friend recommendation...

To kill a mockingbird ~ Harper Lee

That book is so beautiful. When I have a boy, I'm naming him Atticus. I first saw that movie when I was in elementary school, and my dad has always reminded me of Atticus Finch. My dad is also a lawyer, and he's also gained the city's reputation as one of the few honest lawyers who genuinely working to help society. I've always been proud that he's not one of the sleazy, money-obsessed lawyers. He's done so much work for friends and has fought cases that everyone else would have turned their noses up to. Ack, sorry for writing so much. But yeah...Atticus Finch...one of the greatest literary characters in American history.

-ginger

EDIT: "Atticus" means "like the father."

I just finished Impulse by Elle Hopkins a couple of days ago, that book is so good.

Yeah I know I'm late on reading it but whatever.

It was so addicting to read, there was close to 700 and I read it all in one day!

There wasn't a lot of text on each page so maybe that's why, it's kinda written in poetry form.

Guest pseudobread

I just finished reading Coin Locker Babies by Ryu Murakami. Definitely a big departure from the Haruki Murakami books I read before Coin Locker Babies (the main characters are actually interesting :lol:). It was one of the more engaging books I've read in a while, probably due to the unexpectedly gruesome content. I heard it's going to be made into a movie, but looking at the cast, I am not too thrilled. Except for Tadanobu Asano.

I'd like to read another book soon, maybe one of the classics. Any recommendations?

But for now I'm stuck with Organic Chemistry-John McMurry and Life: the Science of Biology-Sadava, et al.

Who needs novels when you can have allylic bromination of alkenes?

Guest ThinkBig

just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman

currently reading The picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Am actually reading American Gods at the moment; just finished Stardust, Anansi Boys, and Neverwhere. Gaiman fills my little mind with neverending adventures.

Guest tICK.tOCK

well i just finished Breaking Dawn.

I started reading it when it just came out and i just finished it last night because of the extra long pause i had for some unknown reason :P

Just started reading Blood Rites by Jimmy Lee Shreeve; the cover is pretty creepy

"The shocking expose of the ritual of Human Sacrifice- practiced today, and terrifyingly close to home..."

Guest drella;

Currently reading:

Brave Story - Miyuki Miyabe (half way on this x:)

After Dark - Haruki Murakami (10 pages or so left~)

finally got the paperback of Mister B. Gone, can't wait to start on it *0*

Archived