What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest Fashionista*

currently starting The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin for sci-fi eng class. so far can't really grasp if i like the book or not... if anyone's read it give me some feedback :)

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kkkkk

to those of you who read and enjoyed the kite runner -- khaled hosseini came out with a new novel, called a thousand splendid suns. i don't know if it's as good, but i guess i'll see.

irrelevant note: there are a few books, not chick lit but definitely aimed toward a female audience, repeated often in this thread that definitely sound alike to me: the time traveler's wife, the memory keeper's daughter, and my sister's keeper.

my sister's keeper is interesting, but definitely not in the same league as the two other books you mentioned.

thanks for the heads up, that means i am getting the new book over the weekend, hope its as good as the kite runner!

Guest Rini

All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque...

I thought it would be such a boring book, but since it's my assignment in English Class I had to read it....

I was totally wrong about it being boring, this has to be one of the best book I have ever read.

Guest tian`tian

Ahh, I really like this one. For some reason, I always go back to re-read the last bit, Hajime's conversation with his wife, Yukiko.

Finished it a couple days ago, and I LOVED it. His books always leave me wondering...always feels so unfinished. I have so many questions still but no answers!

Currently working on: The Nanking Massacre by Iris Chang.

Uh i don't read at all...

(i have to read my notes for my final tonight!!)

Aniways, one book that is a AWESOME sleep pill is Prince of Thieves.

It's set in Boston (where i live).. but it's not the BEST book in the world.

Uh.. it's ok, and interesting i guess..

I'm just weird. Whenever i open a book, i get drowsy. is that bad?

Guest 5imply_5wt

i'm currently reading the catcher in the rye for english.. and bloodletting and miraculous cures by Vincent Lam.. umm both novels are pretty interesting to read.. although catcher is kinda weird for me.. i really don't like Holden

Guest pumaxgirl<3

I bought The Kite Runner today at Costco! :] I am really enjoying it...got kinda teary at one part (I am only 100 pages in). I am still waiting on my books from Amazon!! :( Franny and Zooey, Anna Karenina, and East of Eden...the last two are really lengthy..haha. Has anyone read any of the three? I would like some insight into them! :D

Guest Blu_Velvet_Sea

Finished 'Just listen' by Sarah Dessen and 'New Moon' by Sephanie Meyer. 'Just Listen' was alright, 'New Moon' was good but not as great the first book 'Twilight'. I'm dying to read something as good as 'Twilight'. Anyone want to recommend me a Chic-lit? XD

Guest koyuki

Elders =D

Inheritance series

it's such a thick book.. I dont know when i'll find time to finish it..

Guest KOALASPYXD

I'm currently reading 'a Face in Every Window' by Han Nolan...it's sad T-T

I am also reading the Children of the Red King Series [Charlie Bone] I'm on book five...the sxth book Charlie and the Wilderness Beast is coming out on June!

Guest tsweetazn

Lord of the Flies for class.

Lol... :lol: i had to read that too...seriously...the story is dumb... <_<

they're only kids, and they kill each other that's disturbing....i dont know what Golding was

thinking when he wrote the book....

Guest Awkward Smile

i just finished Hatchet.

i know it's a little kids book but i heard it was good so i got it at the good will for a dollar.

and i did enjoy it. it's better than any "chick book".

am i the only girl that thinks books geared towards teenage girls are boring?

Archived