What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest iamvick

Next on my list is a book called This Book Will Save Your Life.

Is that the one by A.M. Homes? I've got that book and I loved it. Let me know what you think of it...

I'm reading The Love Of Her Life by Harriet Evans

Ahh i do love a bit of chick lit. All of Harriet Evans' books are awesome.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Leopoldine

^

I heard 1984 was a great book. I plan to read it some time.

I just finished reading Jane Eyre. Took me a lot of time cuz I read it in English. But it was worth it. Love Mr Rochester!!! :wub:

I'm going to read Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand.

I feel like it's been a long time since I haven't read a book in French!

Guest TheGeekInThePink

This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Gonna read all his stuff before the summer's over.

Laskar Pelangi ( Rainbow Warriors) YES THEY GOT ENGLISH VERSION! THE BEST BOOK EVER!!! THEY ALREADY FILMING THE BOOK ...ITS TETRA-LOGY?

Guest JaneElliot

Finished Pigs in Heaven, by Barbara Kingsolver. Just started a book called This Book Will Save Your Life. I'm a little skeptical, though, with the gimmicky title, but it comes recommended by a friend so I'll give it a go.

Finished re-reading the Harry Potter series a couple of days ago, and finished To Kill a Mockingbird and Animal Farm in between those Harry Potter books. Now I'm working on Artemis Fowl.

The girl with the dragon tattoo -> the girl who played with fire -> (now) the girl who kicked the hornet's nest.

movie was horrible.

Guest CocoCupcake

I'm reading Land of the Living by Nicci French. I've only just started it but I love it already. It's so dark.

I've just finished reading 1984 by George Orwell. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be with it. I guess I had high expectations after having heard so many praises.

The girl with the dragon tattoo -> the girl who played with fire -> (now) the girl who kicked the hornet's nest.

movie was horrible.

Yeah, I did not like the movie much either. I did, however, like the fact that they didn't have Blomkvist sleep with every female character of significance in the movie, a matter which I took issue with in the books. Come on, was it really necessary for him to bed every major female character?

----

Finished Artemis Fowl, now reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Trying to knock out all the short and easy books on The BBC The Big Read List.

Guest Christinaisweird

Finished, How to read literature like a professor

now "The Woman in the Dunes" by Kobo Abe

not much dialogue all there really is is just details, poor guy.

Finished A Christmas Carol by Dickens and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Now reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I don't know how I feel about Brave New World yet.

Guest Anehi.

I've just finished reading American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld, now I'm about to start A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

finally decided to give "the girl with the dragon tattoo" a try

it never really seemed to interest me and now that the trilogy is all out

i've decided to read it :P

Archived