For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Uverstar

anyone else heard about or seen the Digital Nico Digi? it's a keychain sized digital camera that gives off lomo effects in each photo O_O

^Yeah I've heard of it... I think it's more or less a digital version of the WSA/BSD.

It's so cute looking hahaha... I wanna get itttt.

Guest Uverstar

you can call me steven if you want~ hahaha

anyway my holga camera is on the way here~ it's been paid for so that's good :D I was supposed to go out to buy some expired 120mm film but um..my health got the best of me and I ended up sleeping till 5pm ^^''....

does anyone know where I can buy some expired film online?

just got my first roll of film processed and scan. not that impressive but acceptable. sigh. but cant wait to snap moree..!

here's my fav shot. i love the sun effect.. :)

74020014.jpg

you can call me steven if you want~ hahaha

anyway my holga camera is on the way here~ it's been paid for so that's good :D I was supposed to go out to buy some expired 120mm film but um..my health got the best of me and I ended up sleeping till 5pm ^^''....

does anyone know where I can buy some expired film online?

Hello Steven =D I'm Joan ahaha

Hmm... I think you can get some at the lomo store, but your best bet would be ebay?

Guest Uverstar

haha hi Joan :D let's be awesome lomo buddies lmfao

anyway my friend bought me a few bags of expired 120mm film from fourcorners.com so they should be here by next week..I also bought a fisheye lens for my holga that's coming next week i hope haha I guess it's true what they say, ebay is always the best bet to find cheaper things, I'm glad I didn't have to pay $100+ for the fisheye lens XD

Guest breathless.

so i recently got a white slim angel ,

but i am still extremely confused with film .

i loaded the film ,

and did a few test shots .

however , even after i took the three test shots (well .. i pressed the shutter three times)

and then rewound the film ,

the number in the little window is only at 2 ._.

am i doing something wrong ?

also , is the shutter on this camera really quiet ?

i'm used to DSLR shutter sound ..

and the WSA shutter sound is kind of quiet to me ..

=X

That should be correct since the roll starts with "S"

Yeah, the shutter is quiet--it just sounds like the button being pressed down aha.

It's my favorite camera to shoot with though (I like shooting with it more than my nikon dslr) ~

I saw the Digital Nico Digi in HK-- it's adorable, I'm tempted.

hvz11y.jpg

-BSD

Guest wiwi_an

if i buy the holga on ebay...and buy the 35mm adapter on lomostore...do u think there will be any problems w/ fitting it?

Guest Uverstar

why would there be a problem? haha just be sure the adapter is for the particular holga you're interested in and it will work, just read carefully about their products haha

EDIT: after a few hours I thought about how I can't do a lot of portrait photos because I don't have a lot of friends who respond to my requests for help or that they aren't very photogenic haha

so when you want to do some photos with people in it, what do you do if you can't get friends to help you?

^ haha take sneak shots of strangers? if you feel that it's overboard or you don't dare to, just take random shots of your own friends. like at really random moments when they are caught unaware. haha, it will be really fun! my friend does that ALL THE TIME and the results were funny! that's because i really hate to pose for photos because i will go all tensed and stiff in front of the camera, so she got around that by doing it on the sly. haha. i'm sure your friends wouldn't mind... would they? i hope not. it will be so fun!

Guest breathless.

so when you want to do some photos with people in it, what do you do if you can't get friends to help you?

Well, there was this really cute girl at my school who was in a grade younger-- we had gym period together but never really spoke. I just facebooked her one day, and was like, hey, I'm a photo student, I was wondering if I could take pictures of you, etc-- (This was with dslr-- so it might be diff?) Usually alot of people are willing to get shots done of them (especially girls haha)

I've always shot with 400 iso film, but today I bought some 8 months expired fuji pro160C and i'm a little nervous ... hopefully it won't be underexposed. I also bought some one year expired fujichrome sensia 100. GAH I hope they aren't too dark.

Right now, I have four rolls of kodak ultramax 400, 1 roll of ISO kodak portra 400 (expensive as hell, never again), 2 rolls of Sensia 100, and 2 rolls of PRO160 100 chilling in my fridge. I'm never going to shoot all of this. I just like buying film aha.

What film does everyone use?

I like fuji superiaaaaaa

Guest Uverstar

Hahaha I have no problem with taking photos of people without asking them [i do it most times in a non-stalking fashion] lol but yeah

Breathless: that really works? O_O I WILL TRY THIS LOL

I use Fuji Superia most of the time but occasionally I use Ilford delta pro black and white haha

I've only ever used Superia/Reala once and I dunno I wasn't that pleased.. I'm more fond of Kodak Portra NC :] I find it gives really nice skin tones and richer colours as opposed to the Reala but I dunno maybe that's just me ^^'

still got 12 rolls of expired kodak gold 200 chilling in the fridge but.

i've only used them with my SLR so far since I don't have a 35mm lomo yet.. but next month i'll be grabbing a slim angel nehehe I can't wait!

I don't have a fave slide film to use yet.. still experimenting with that :]

Guest wiwi_an

i've seen scans of developed 35mm film and they come out just like it was printed. and it was scanned on a regular flatbed scanner.

what kind of film do they use that they keep the color(and not like the negatives)? if my photo class serves me well..i think it was color slide film??

ex: http://www.zinkwazi.com/blog/images/200609...5_bl003blog.jpg

and which do u prefer? buying the more expensive film and scan your develops..OR develop then print desired pics?

Guest Uverstar

I had the biggest shock, i went to the 1st camera shop and one roll of 120mm film is $9, the 2nd shop is $11.20 for one roll T_T..WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE HERE T_T

wiwi_an yup that pic is from slide film =] but some people still scan their negatives with flatbeds and just invert the colours using photoshop to make it positive.

what i do is get all my film scanned after developing [both slides and negatives]

since I usually put my pics up on flickr it's more faster and convenient for me.

it's cheaper too than getting prints!

but if i do want to get a photo printed I just bring a USB to the photo lab with certain photos coz for me not every photo on the roll turns out good so i feel it's more sensible that way haha

Uverstar welcome to my world. :lol: but for me anything under $10 is cheap. haha most expensive 120 roll I've bought was $20.. and most expensive 35mm was $30 eeeeek :wacko: try using your student card too! most photo places give student discounts for film purchase :]

Guest breathless.

I get my film developed & scanned at my school's photo lab. It's seven bucks-- (developing is $5, CD is $2). I don't scan film unless I have to for a project :x

I'm literally THIS close to getting a black bird fly ... does anyone have it ? reviews, anyone ?

Guest Uverstar

AH~!!! Choko your new dp is win haha very nice~ it'd be awesome if we could hang out sometime :D though I'm in Melbourne....*sad face* yeah I think I will faint from the expenses for my holga..cause I bought the fish-eye lens for it and then the film is going to be i dunno..more expensive than that lens haha though I'll still have my blackbird-fly~

Breathless I have a blackbird~ It's my primary lomo camera, very nice and sturdy but kind of need to be careful with the lens, honestly was close to cracking it once. the only problem I have with it that sometimes light does leak in the photos and it makes the photos either not develop or just plainly ruins the image but it's only happened in 3-4 photos on one roll so I'm not worrying too much haha and the colour does come off so be gentle with it haha

Archived