For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

lynaz: here's a youtube video. just follow through step by step and you'll be fine. no worries!

Uverstar: are they called jelly lens or something...? they are sold at a pretty cheap price here too. there's a lot of different functions for the different lenses. doesn't interest me much though, since i prefer those accessories used with film haha.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest breathless.

lynaz: I've never had trouble loading--it takes me a minute to correctly insert the film (line it up) but then I just pull it over. The video above is good! I had to watch a video every time I loaded my Diana because I just kept on forgetting. Good news though, the slim cameras are surprisingly more resilient than I would have thought they would be for plastic bodies. My golden half broke after about 5 rolls, but my BSD is going strong after using it 2 dozen/+ times.

I shot my first four rolls with it before figuring out that fingers/accessories are a freaking problem. After I got the first batch developed I was so disappointed. So I just cropped the extra crap out. Now I shoot holding the camera from top/bottom.

3969214692_51d5bf8208.jpg

3968439719_f206b1339d.jpg

I just got my film developed! so excited, but i want to know how do you scan it? do you REALLY need the film scanner to do it? cus i only have a regular scanner..any tips? :T

(don't attack me, but i'm still confused with slide film and ..just film? my 120mms were color negatives & fujichrome)

Guest <Soojin>

d0ts

Ohhh thanks! i just took some pics today and its freaken cloudy today.. and you cant see the sun ><

Which means its not gonna be nice ahahah.

Wiwi_an

Well if you got them developed, you can just use regular scanner!

ive used regular 4 in 1 printer things to scan my pictures, It works just fine, you just probaly hafta crop the excess out.

Just click on the scan button, and set all the settings and change it to jpeg format if its on Pdf.

Not sure what kind of scanner you have so yeah ><

I hop this helped you out ((:

Any more questions just ask ~

I cant wait to see your pictures [:

Breathless

Those pictures came out well! are they from your first roll?

^ what's a regular scanner? oh... is it those flatbed scanner that can scan the developed negatives? because initially i thought any kind of scanner will work. lol. until i stupidly went to try it out and it doesn't.

Guest wiwi_an

has anyone bought their lomocam from ebay? I'm pondering over a color holga but i've never bought from ebay. :T are there a lot of scammers? or 'fake' holgas if thats possible??

and for holgas, can u take off the lens like the diana and take pinhole pics?

i tried scanning it on my scanner..but it just looked weird and didn't come out good. mayb i'll try the scanners in school later. thx thought!

Guest carrotcake

^

I bought my Holga from ebay from the seller kghobbie. I don't know if it's fake or not but it seems like the real deal. Plus they have pretty good feedback.

thanks dots & breathless. it was really helpful. :)

since i had trouble in loading my film yesterday, i think i kinda exposed the first few shots of the film before i finally get the whole thing to work. so will my film still be okay? will the first few shots have light leaks and the rest be normal? or will the whole film be wasted?

Guest breathless.

The rest of the film should be fine. Your first few shots might not have even been exposed because after you insert the film correctly you have to wind forward a couple turns anyway.

<Soojin>: Yeah, they were from my first roll. Before my volunteer trip to the Philippines, my golden half broke, and I was in a panic because I really wanted to take some film--so I bought the BSD on a whim because it was relatively cheap. I had no clue how the pictures were going to turn out, but in the end I was pretty satisfied... except I should have taken MORE rolls and should have moved my fingers out of the way T_T

I'm slowly going through the rest of my summer rolls.

This picture is odd, I have NO clue what happened, maybe I moved during the exposure:

244nz36.jpg

Guest breathless.

Thanks everyone-- these are more puzzlers... I looked at the roll and went "ehhhh??"

169g3sh.jpg

fxbjit.jpg

2iql5yu.jpg

wtf???

Another cropped one:

3971874243_4987cb67da.jpg

The mountain in the background is trash.

Guest Uverstar

since it's a full moon tonight I went out with my Blackbird and took photos...eventually finished one roll of film XD

anyway how much do you guys pay for cross processing? it's so expensive..my friend asked to get two rolls of film processed and it ended up being $94 O_O

Guest jyoisu

Does it matter whether or not a Diana camera is real or fake ? cause i know there are tons of different dianas made by different companies back in the days... but anyway, i bought my new diana off ebay and its a DIANA+ but the box says DIANA F+ as well as the little handbook thing. The box and the book (which said DIANA F+) as well as instructions seem like the real deal...as well as the camera. the only off about my purchase is the box and the book cover. why would a DIANA+ be in a DIANA F+ box (but the box size is a DIANA+ box size)

Did i buy a knock off?

Guest insertnameHERE.

so i recently got a white slim angel ,

but i am still extremely confused with film .

i loaded the film ,

and did a few test shots .

however , even after i took the three test shots (well .. i pressed the shutter three times)

and then rewound the film ,

the number in the little window is only at 2 ._.

am i doing something wrong ?

also , is the shutter on this camera really quiet ?

i'm used to DSLR shutter sound ..

and the WSA shutter sound is kind of quiet to me ..

=X

Archived