For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

^ i wanna go hong kong to eat all the dim sum and take photos!!

the yellow "pops" out! haha. that's nice! and i saw the giant Mr. Pink on a website. i didn't know it's in Taiwan.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest leeahh

I remembered someone mentioning the Black Slim Devil camera... and I was wondering if this was a legit site to buy it from.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/30242-Black-...2mm-35mm-Camera

if not, could someone let me know of a site that is legit?

not sure about that one ^

but you can go here http://www.fourcornerstore.com/collections...lack-slim-devil pretty sure this is legit haha and it's the same price pretty much =]

oh and thanks for the explanation/charts miiloverx2 :)

Guest Justalilodreamer

^ ooh i like that site :o they sell alot of expired film for a pretty reasonable price *excited*

anyone tried expired film with toy cameras like the black slim devil/white slim angel or others? i've seen awesome ones taken with a holga or diana but im curious about how they may look with other toy cams.

Guest Uverstar

bahaha I'm weird I actually deliberately switch on my diana flash

just to wait for someone to say "what the hell is that noise" XD

I dunno I find it slightly enjoyable lol!

LOL your post just cracked me up XD my brother's like 'oi if you don't shut that off I'm gonna throw your film away' XD

I'm in the middle of scanning my new developed photos, I'm only happy with a few hahaha I'll come back later to show you all :)

Guest dorkafied!

what kind of film does the diana+ use?

sorry for the newbie question D:

also where to get the film? thank you

in advance! :]

Guest Uverstar

what kind of film does the diana+ use?

sorry for the newbie question D:

also where to get the film? thank you

in advance! :]

haha it's fine~ the diana+ uses 120mm film (there's quite a few different types), you can get most of the film online (cheaper too) lol

hope it helps haha

okay EDIT: considering there's quite a few photos I'll put the link here and one photo haha

playground.jpg

Lomography of awesome? lol

Guest onetwothuy

Hi everyone! I really want a camera, but I don't know much about them, so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

I fell in love with the Diana F+ Edelweiss Edition, but would it be good for a beginner?

I like the White Slim Angel from here too, but I don't know. *_*

Thanks (:

Guest akiraSHOCK

does anyone know if the urban outfitters in downtown toronto sells the white slim angel / black slim devil ?

also, does anywhere in toronto sell the vivitar UWS ?

and, last question, would it be cheaper to get either of these cameras in hong kong ?

sorry for so many questions, but thanks in advance : )

Guest strawberry.llamas

hey guys!

what scanners is everybody using? Just a normal flatbed scanner? Or an actual film scanner?

I'm thinking about saving $500+ (TT ^ TT) to buy an Epson V700 Photo Scanner...or maybe the V750 (pro kind :P)

cuz i have an oktomat and i recently took my dad's Canon FTb-N (need to find batteries!) Plus you can take double exposures!! :o

and I feel like it'll be a really good investment for myself.

That way I can develop the b&w negatives at school, and pay like $3-$5 for color/slide, yeah?

Guest breathless.

does anyone know if the urban outfitters in downtown toronto sells the white slim angel / black slim devil ?

and, last question, would it be cheaper to get either of these cameras in hong kong ?

IDK if urban outfitters sells them-- they aren't on the website.

you can find the vivitar at vintage shops and places like goodwill for really cheap, but it's all about scouring and well, luck.

I haven't found the vivitar, but the clones in hong kong. I bought my black slim devil in HK for $240--> $30ish. They have them in blue/white/black~

some more from the BSD:

36936695886651854c75.jpg

369366959288497a91f6.jpg

3693673400fb41f29eed.jpg

haha i suddenly had this urge to buy more diana F+s. i seriously need a pouch to store my diana F in. it's getting worn out like, everywhere! i'm so depressed. i really wanna get the leather casing, just to protect it. i hope i do get to go to the hong kong lomography shop like at the end of the year after my exams.

what do you guys store your cameras in?

Guest miiloverx2

I remember checking on Flickr that some guys found the UWS at Dollarama.. but I checked and they weren't there anymore :( pfffftttt

IDK if urban outfitters sells them-- they aren't on the website.

you can find the vivitar at vintage shops and places like goodwill for really cheap, but it's all about scouring and well, luck.

I haven't found the vivitar, but the clones in hong kong. I bought my black slim devil in HK for $240--> $30ish. They have them in blue/white/black~

some more from the BSD:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6498/36...86651854c75.jpg

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3682/36...288497a91f6.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2774/36...0fb41f29eed.jpg

^love the contrast in your photos! were they regular negatives?

andd how do you like the slim devil? i want to buy one but i still don't know if its worth it or not.. i mean.. there really isn't a huge WOW factor to the slim devil besides being wide-angled... (but they look sooooo cuteeee T_T) ah.. dont know what to do..

what do you guys store your cameras in?

wow.. i guess i'm abusing my cameras LOL

I just uh.... throw them into my bag (shoulder bags/messenger bags/etc)... well of course not literally THROW them but I just put them in my bag..

my LC-A+ is pretty worn out.. and i hardly bring my diana out now (because the instant back is just too ginormous to carry -.-)

Guest nekonana

I just bought my first lomo camera <3 I bought it because I wanted to use it as a prop for my senior pictures haha. But now I want a Diana lomo.

I have a question, where do you guys develop your 35mm film? Is Target, Walgreens, or Walmart reliable? I've done a lot of research and I got mixed reviews. I don't know if I can trust online film services either D:

My fisheye no.2 camera! Bought it on eBay for $70 something with 20 rolls of film :3

242y2vl.jpg

Guest Uverstar

WOAH you are extremely lucky O_O fisheye camera's usually go for $100-$200 for me :S and you got 20 rolls of film as well...if some of them are expired expect to have some funky looking photos haha

um I develop my film at a camera shop..they tend to know more about the film when ordering it to be processed haha going to places like Target or shops like that they just process the film at a cheap price but still have a decent finish to the photos haha

Guest nekonana

^ lol I searched high and low for a cheap fisheye. plus it was NIB too so that's rare.

I don't think they are expired o__O The seller has a 100% 12398832749283 feedback so I think it's good ^^;;

Ahh I see. I don't think there are any camera shops with labs near me D: I guess I'll check with Target. No harm by testing them since it's cheap. Thanks for answering! =D

Guest akiraSHOCK

breathless thanks for the reply : ) i basically have zero luck so i'd probably never find one at goodwill : ( and i never go to vintage shops .. mostly because i don't know any near me, haha . i wasn't sure if they had it at UO because i think i remember seeing one at the downtown store a month ago, but when i checked online yesterday they didn't have it :mellow:

miiloverx2 WOW that guy is hella lucky. if i ever saw one at dollarama i'd go crazy D: (btw, i love your dp. jaebeom is hot <3)

Guest breathless.

love the contrast in your photos! were they regular negatives?

andd how do you like the slim devil? i want to buy one but i still don't know if its worth it or not.. i mean.. there really isn't a huge WOW factor to the slim devil besides being wide-angled... (but they look sooooo cuteeee T_T) ah.. dont know what to do..

I got them scanned at the neighborhood photo lab. Yeah, these are 35mm negative and unedited. There are more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ask8645/sets/72157620891381169/

I love the slim devil ~ I was really iffy on buying it, but then my golden half broke lol, and I wanted a camera to take to the Philippines. It was perfect for that trip.

http://nicnichols.com/FourCornersDark/?page_id=633 ---- good review

Guest retro!blue

I've heard so many good things about the black slim devil and have been eyeing it for quite a while. I think it's about time I get my hands on one, eh.

Guest Uverstar

I still need to buy my bag's of expired film from cheap expired film huu~ haha

my friend buys like bulk packages of film from ebay for quite cheap..and they're so good T_T kind of jealous of him cause the film he buys is like 10 years expired T_T

Archived