For The Lovers Of Lomography

Guest zsuzsaBAMBAM

Guest leeahh

recently went to another photoshoot session with fellow soompiers and brought my lomo along =]

here's a preview~

3696989807_016b6aaf68.jpg

3698327838_64582aba65.jpg

i will upload more here later today and there's some more on my flickr too ^^

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest itislorraine

does anyone know what lomography camera to start off with? Lol.

I looked through urban outfitter and searched "holga", but i don't know which camera to choose.

Guest Justalilodreamer

^

^

omg those are AMAZING! :o :o i love the light leaks, they look so dreamy *_*

what camera did you use?

itislorraine- personally, i'd start off with the regular 'Colorflash Holga' which is the most basic one... or if you like using 35mm film more, try the Holga 35mm.

Guest d0ts

choko! your shots are incredible! really really nice, i love the first one especially. and all the light leaks are really lovely! haha.

oh i went to your flickr account, and you used fujichrome T64 tungsten film? i heard of tungsten film before, but i'm wondering what's the difference between tungsten film and the normal slides/negatives?

Guest leeahh

yeah breathless. pretty much summed it up haha and also the 64 stands for iso 64

so it's best to use it when the sun is bright =] it was a really sunny day so I got lucky haha

oh and I used my Diana F+ then cross-processed =]

Guest d0ts

ohhh... so tungsten film is basically like slides? so we just have to cross process it as per normal?

your photos are really nice... love the sun rays too!

Guest eyepatch

for a beginner which camera would you recommend?

I'm positive that people have posted questions similar to this. That's why I think there should be a FAQ on the front page or something.

Pretty much all of the cameras work the same way but will give you slightly different results. There will be people who will say that you'll get better results with Diana vs a Holga and vice versa. I'd personally say that the only "better" camera out of all of them is the LC-A, but it's expensive and I've seen people get equally nice results with a Holga. Just get a 35mm Holga because the film is cheap and the camera is cheap.

Guest miiloverx2

yeah breathless. pretty much summed it up haha and also the 64 stands for iso 64

so it's best to use it when the sun is bright =] it was a really sunny day so I got lucky haha

oh and I used my Diana F+ then cross-processed =]

Your pictures are really really nice! Love them!

Wish someone would go do a camera walk with me here in Hong Kong :( SO BORED.

oh funny story.. So every time I go develop my Velvia/Provia, the old couple at the nearby Kodak photolab always finds an excuse to yell at me so that I would use Elitechrome instead of Velvia or Provia etc.. hahaha .. I just tell them to shut it.. (in a nicer way of course lol). They are too cute for words..

I'm thinking of buying the White Slim Angel.. but I really don't know if its worth it since I have so many cameras already -.- but I just can't resist the adorable look of the camera! T_T

Guest leeahh

ohhh... so tungsten film is basically like slides? so we just have to cross process it as per normal?

your photos are really nice... love the sun rays too!

haha thanks d0ts! and yeah it's slide film =]

it was liek a few days expired so I'm not sure if a few days would contribute to the colours being like that too

Your pictures are really really nice! Love them!

oh funny story.. So every time I go develop my Velvia/Provia, the old couple at the nearby Kodak photolab always finds an excuse to yell at me so that I would use Elitechrome instead of Velvia or Provia etc.. hahaha .. I just tell them to shut it.. (in a nicer way of course lol). They are too cute for words..

I'm thinking of buying the White Slim Angel.. but I really don't know if its worth it since I have so many cameras already -.- but I just can't resist the adorable look of the camera! T_T

haha they're so cute! ^^' I've never used Elitechrome myself... hrmm what's the main difference?

I SOOO wanna get the White Slim Angel... mainly coz I'm a sucker for white gizmos n gadgets but yeah I'm not sure if I should >< one could never have too many cameras my friend :D I really wanna go vintage shop hunting for an old-school TLR!! BBF is way too expensive

yeah, some questions like those recommendations of cameras are constantly being asked. but how do we make it more organised? oh well.

anw, i developed my slides yesterday! camera used was diana F+ and film used was the EPP.

3707471948_26ce3cb2d6.jpg

3706657933_8e1165e0e1.jpg

my roll was kinda destroyed. only 7 out of 12 came out, and i guess it was because i accidentally opened the cover by mistake. i thought the roll was fully finished and that the roll has already been advanced fully to the take-up spool. so i was wrong, and there goes some of shots. T.T and the remaining 7 shots, mostly were underexposed, though i have no idea why when i was at the beach and it was a bright sunny scorching hot day.

Guest breathless.

I'm in Hong Kong ! (:

Honestly, even if there was a faq, questions like this will be asked over and over again.

Guest eyepatch

Oh man, lately there's been so many good photographs from everyone. More people should try to post up their shots!

Anyways, here are the best pictures from the first roll I've taken with my Holga. The rest are reallyyyy bad compared to these (lol I know you're probably wondering how that's even possible considering the following suck badly enough). I'd post my newer pictures but my scanner is currently dead :' (

first-2-1.png

first-1-1.png

first-3-1.png

I still need to develop one roll, but ughh...no money.

choko6610: thanks! oh, i set my photos to become private on flickr, so i think you might not be able to see them. you wanna look at the other photos? they aren't really nice actually, for the rest. there's one that might "scare" you. LOL. but i did add the pics onto facebook, so... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8658...mp;l=bf76e4d9d4 please pardon me for the ugly shots.

eyepatch: haha, yeah everyone should try and upload their pics too! would really love to see them... and your photos are not bad imo. i kinda like the first one. haha and you managed to take a picture of them without them knowing?!?! i like the blurred out effect of it too... was it on bulb mode or out of focused? and hmm, you can probably try taking photos when it's really bright and sunny... the pics will look even nicer!

Guest Uverstar

got my Holga 120 mini-flash today haha the recharge sound is like.........fingernails to blackboards LOL

Guest leeahh

got my Holga 120 mini-flash today haha the recharge sound is like.........fingernails to blackboards LOL

bahaha I'm weird I actually deliberately switch on my diana flash

just to wait for someone to say "what the hell is that noise" XD

I dunno I find it slightly enjoyable lol!

Guest miiloverx2

haha they're so cute! ^^' I've never used Elitechrome myself... hrmm what's the main difference?

I SOOO wanna get the White Slim Angel... mainly coz I'm a sucker for white gizmos n gadgets but yeah I'm not sure if I should >< one could never have too many cameras my friend :D I really wanna go vintage shop hunting for an old-school TLR!! BBF is way too expensive

Velvia/Sensia (depending on the ISO) tend to have bigger colour shifts (to the reds) than Elitechrome.. so unless you want all your shots to turn out red.. then Elitechrome would probably be better (or maybe it's just that I like the cyan tints more?) : P

you can check the chart out to see the difference @ post #343

I'm in Hong Kong ! (:

AGH!!!!!

a comrade! HAHA

a shot i took in macau a while ago

th_3701230275_b044bc25ca.jpg

and also.. another giant is here!! this time in Taiwan!!

1100389.jpg

Archived