Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew

binyboo_02

Guest 321stars

yea.. i'm pretty sure. the jabbawockeez do for sure! i got a response back from ben from jabbawockeez.. he's so nice! i love jabbawockeez cuz they have mad respect for their fans.. they've been busy so they cna't reply as much. i know that yuri reads her comments too.

i am so in love wiht this show. sigh. i wonder what life will be like after this show. i'd probably spend my time on youtbue looking for more videos of them. this show is takin gover my life. hehe

aw how did u talk to ben?? and what does he think about the "rigged" show?

they all look like great friends so either way i guess they'll be happy :D but i feel bad for kaba if thats truee..

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Lucasbunny never provided her source, so of course it's going to be hard to believe her.

Saying you don't like a certain group is a LOT different than starting a rumor.

&EDIT: Lucasbunny was talking about the show being rigged and about the biasness there is in this thread as two separate things. I'm addressing the first issue, not the second. You can't just start spamming the thread with rumors without providing any proof.

As for the second issue, everyone knows Lucasbunny thinks Kaba's overrated or whatnot, but it isn't necessary to have to call their fans here bias, is it? They have their reasons for liking Kaba, whatever reasons it may be, and other people have their own reasons to like another group or dislike Kaba. A lot of people would've been fine if Lucasbunny just said she didn't like Kaba but when she started personally attacking the members by saying the girls couldn't dance and calling Yuri out, there's no need for that type of crap.

I'm not defending anyone but I just think it's pretty damn stupid to have to come to this thread and see an argument all the time.

Why does it matter if Kaba fans are bias? And why should we care? Just keep voting for the group you like and continue discussing the topic here, and hopefully WITHOUT another argument starting.

One second, I'm not feeling vicitimized

I am used to the bias on this forum, but why is it an issue if I said the girls can't dance? why is it so bad because I called Yuri out?

like I said earlier everyone in here including myself were trashing the mess out of Femme 5 but it wasnt a problem then, mad people keep on dissing lil mama but it's okay up until something is said about Kaba Modern.

All I am saying is that it's hypocritical to insult people but get mad when your crew gets called out, but it's no use beating a dead horse.

anyways whatever, just let the next episode start

Guest Mz-Descamento86

i talked to Ben also on myspace (hes my crush on jabba lol) and yes hes hella nice! im surprised he talked to me after i added him. :blush:

but like i said before i dont know why people are wasting their time voting and running up their cellphone bills when the votes dont even count. :wacko:

like others have said before hand the producers and creators of this show KNOW who they want to win. Like you guys have said if Kaba has their whole university voting for them and all these asian fan members going bananas with the voting then why did they end up at the bottom 2??? I think i said it in this thread about how the Live In Color crew comes from a dance academy in MIAMI which has sooo many members and alum & how they have a huge fanbase in the South and they still got sent home (which i think their early departure was over that stupid shirt :tongue2: )

Guest asthua

Doesnt mean Jabba will win as much as I would like (they win in popularity). Its down to the judge's decision which makes me nervous ....

But you know all hell's going to break loose if Jabba loses. Even more so than if Kaba loses.

If the judges are swayed by the popularity, and don't want crap from people, they'll more likely give it to Jabba.

Wait, so that means that thread in Kaba's Facebook is useless?

Because the whole point is to get enough votes to beat Jabba, not to avoid elimination.

Guest RiverOfStars

I'm inclined to agree with the attitude of more outspoken posters such as LucasBunny, who has been a helluva lot more consistent in her views than a lot of people on this thread.

I'm personally a huge fan of Kaba and I like them better than all the other crews overall, but if you wanna dish out any criticisms about the other crews you need to take it as well. There have been weeks, such as this one, where Kaba's performance was legitimately weaker and less interesting than those of others. If people point it out, try to see where they're coming from and if there's any truth behind it. And if you feel there isn't, ask the person to clarify what they mean and try to get them to explain their perspective better.

Another thing we have to remember is that everyone has different perceptions on what dancing is and what makes it good. Some posters think good dancing emphasizes technique and synchronization and thus they tend towards groups like Kaba and Jabba. Other posters find athleticism and explosiveness more appealing and thus they root(ed) for Live in Color and are following Status Quo. Just remember that although everyone is here trying to discuss the same question "Which crews are the best, and thus deserve to stay", that everyone is using different standards to answer that question.

And one last thing: I'd say avoid the temptation to just flat out say that certain people "can't dance" or to dismiss a crew's routine as "not dancing". I know it's probably the biggest diss you can give and at times you might want to just totally dish it out, but trying to define what are legitimate art forms is an intense mental exercise and requires a lot more thought and discussion than what's been put forth so far in this thread, Youtube, or wherever. I think that at this stage of the show everyone remaining is damn good at what they do, but the problem for some may be that the they just don't like what some crews do.

Here's an analogy for you: there are a whole bunch of people in this world who say that rap isn't music and that hip-hop artists aren't musicians because they don't play instruments. Essentially, these close-minded people are letting their own prejudices cut them off from entire worlds of music. It's a damn shame, and I wouldn't consider myself blessed to count myself amongst their ranks.

P.S: I really think it'd be sick to have Kaba and Jabba battle it out as it'd be a pretty fair match considering the compatibility of their styles, but I think for better or worse the 10pm stunt and its resulting chaos is going to make sure they're knocked out of the votes for next week. Or at least, MTV'll a good excuse for knocking them out if they don't even count the votes. On the bright side, if SQ and Jabba are the final two teams, the final matchup will have a wider diversity of style, will represent both coasts, and will have more ethnic diversity.

P.P.S: And I think America gets the point that Asians can dance by now, so don't feel too bad fellow Asian Soompi-ers, haha.

Guest knickstorm

But you know all hell's going to break loose if Jabba loses. Even more so than if Kaba loses.

If the judges are swayed by the popularity, and don't want crap from people, they'll more likely give it to Jabba.

Wait, so that means that thread in Kaba's Facebook is useless?

Because the whole point is to get enough votes to beat Jabba, not to avoid elimination.

last i checked the judges arent picking the winner in the final 2

Guest asthua

Doesnt mean Jabba will win as much as I would like (they win in popularity). Its down to the judge's decision which makes me nervous ....

last i checked the judges arent picking the winner in the final 2

Am I reading this wrong? Which one is it?

(Disregarding any possibility of rigs)

Guest cindel25

Let's get this clear: MTV has already chosen a winner.

The viewers votes do not count as we seen time and time again.

MTV best decision at this point will have to be SQ vs Jabba as the final in order to pull in those ratings and to squash all the "rumors" of the show being rigged in order to save face.

Guest chairya

Im in love with the Jabbawockeez. theyre ALWAYS on point, got the sickest coreography, and theyre really creative. and they can just plain dance! i like status quo too, but their coreography gets old too. I feel the same way about kaba. i love them, but their coreography isnt as innovative as jabba's

Guest chocomint11

Oh dang. Can't believe that kaba only got their music the night before. When I watched their performance, I was like what the freak is this? It's so bad! ... now I know why. (the final music was retarded anyway)

for sure it's rigged because if it was completely fair, kaba would have been allowed to have their full week of practice.

jabba's was pretty good. especially the car part and the band at the end. But I wish there were more musical dance elements, because all I saw were hip hop moves.

Thank god jc is a judge, even though he's not known as a "dancer." He's the only one with the balls to actually give the crews criticism. Lil' mama and shane just goes with the favorite.

I like how everyone said that kaba just does isos and that it's getting repetitive, but when kaba doesn't do their isos, the judge panel tells them to go back to it.

Guest angelcadex

This whole thing about the show being rigged really makes it hurt man x.x Everyone goes crazy about this show, really disappointing...Kaba getting their music the night before too.

My parents watch it with me, I'm too lazy to backtrack further then 5 pages, and they want to know the ethnicities of all the Jabbas. Help, anyone? They keep screamin each guy that comes on is pure pinoy o.o'

I kind of want Kaba and Jabba to be against each other in the end. Doesn't matter who loses, I just want to see them both in the end.

Status Quo is fun to watch and are very energetic, but there's something about their dancing as does not impress me as much as the other two...

I personally think that Tony Tran in Kaba Modern is very under rated. I guess it's because he has that quiet, vibe going on so he doesn't stand out as much as Mike (and the famous Yuri). He's good at the isolation moves, and his moves are so flawless that it seem as if he's not even trying. Definitely underrated.

Guest Mz-Descamento86

My parents watch it with me, I'm too lazy to backtrack further then 5 pages, and they want to know the ethnicities of all the Jabbas. Help, anyone? They keep screamin each guy that comes on is pure pinoy o.o'

kevin = african american

ben = korean

phil = filipino

chris = filipino

jeff aka phi = viet

rainen = filipino

my dad saw a re-run of thursday episode and he called me and asked if ive been watching it and he wants the "2 asian crews" to battle it out. im like damn daddy stop being soo damn closed-minded lol i think alot of people are just rooting for crews b/c of their ethnicity. i even saw some comments on the kaba grease video of people saying their only "voting" b/c kaba and jabba is mostly asian. now is that racists? b/c if someone was to say oh im only going to vote for status quo b/c their the only black group left people would be pulling the race card :wacko:

i be glad when this show is over lol

maybe the series during the summer will have:

-better judges

-more street REAL hip hop crews. i mean im sorry besides jabba and status ive seen some crazyyyyyyyy hip hop teams on local street corners who could give everyone on that show a run for their money.

-no setups!! all 100% real

-more multi-cultural teams so then maybe people wont feel soo i unno racial lmao

this is the first time i've ever seen asian people on mtv lol..or any tv for that matter..thats why us (asians) are getting worked up over it. so u better believe we're gunna show support to our favorite asians crews lol..

i think it would be better if kaba modern went up against the jabbawockeez in the finals....any group with jamal should not make it to the finals..he didn't even make the cut on "so you think you can dance" lol

Guest tsubomichan

I kind of want Kaba and Jabba to be against each other in the end. Doesn't matter who loses, I just want to see them both in the end.

me too <3 :)

asian pride! lol except kevin hes black

Guest Mz-Descamento86

this is the first time i've ever seen asian people on mtv lol..or any tv for that matter..thats why us (asians) are getting worked up over it. so u better believe we're gunna show support to our favorite asians crews lol..

tila, suchin pak lol their on mtv nah im kidding i mean i understand that i mean im asian too but i know others who arent asian is getting tired of seening all these comments dissing the other teams and saying GO SO AND SO ASIAN PRIDE! cus yall know if some white people were to say white pride with femme 5 [if they were still on the show] people be screaming racism lol

Guest 143namil

One second, I'm not feeling vicitimized

I am used to the bias on this forum, but why is it an issue if I said the girls can't dance? why is it so bad because I called Yuri out?

like I said earlier everyone in here including myself were trashing the mess out of Femme 5 but it wasnt a problem then, mad people keep on dissing lil mama but it's okay up until something is said about Kaba Modern.

All I am saying is that it's hypocritical to insult people but get mad when your crew gets called out, but it's no use beating a dead horse.

anyways whatever, just let the next episode start

i like ur attitude lucasbunny. u'r a good sport.. people takin apart what you say and making a debate out of nothing and you just let it go. props!

i have to agree with whoever said that people have different perceptions of dancing. i have to admit.. i was a little bit like "what! how can they think tha'ts dancing" but i'm not always right either.

anyway..cant wait to see what'll happen next. i hope they do a better dance routine than what they did at the beginning of the show from the broadway episode. did anyone else think it was sloppy?

oh yea.. the ethnicities from jabbawockeez.. isn't Chris hispanic? i dont think he's filipino. somebody wrote that in the page before or so. not sure but he sure doesn't look filipino. someone confirm?

also.. to whoeever asked the question about ben and myspace. yea! he'll answer any questions you have. i think it's totally awesome that they respond. some people dont respond and just read your comment which is cool too.. but i like that they talk to their fans. yay :) happy happy

Guest knickstorm

can someone please explain the big deal about Yuri to me? to me, she just looks like a typical cute Asian girl. I'm not really seeing anything special here.

well if you were to visit korea, i can pretty much assure you, Yuri would be in the top 5 percentile as far as looks go.

tila, suchin pak lol their on mtv nah im kidding i mean i understand that i mean im asian too but i know others who arent asian is getting tired of seening all these comments dissing the other teams and saying GO SO AND SO ASIAN PRIDE! cus yall know if some white people were to say white pride with femme 5 [if they were still on the show] people be screaming racism lol

well that's different because white people are all over the place on mtv and every station.......the only reason people shout azn pride is because they're few and far between, especially the guys......maybe john cho showed up to trl one day to promote harold and kumar but that's probably it.........if MTV put white people on as little as they put asian people on then I'd expect all the white people to shout white pride for femme 5 and honestly i would have no problem with it........plus Tila was one ridiculous show and suchin pak gets as much face time on mtv as a valedictorian does in the dean's office...........

and let's be real, there are tons of black people voting for sq just because they're good and they're the last black crew left, just like there's asian people doing the same thing for kaba.....your dad's not being closed minded, he's just rooting for people who look/sound like him, people who have a closer background to him.........perhaps it's hard to understand in LA, but if you move to a city or town that is more representative of what America is like, one that isn't so diverse, you'll definitely have a greater sense of pride in whatever race you are....of course it'd be great if we just looked at each other as people but that's not the way the world works.......your dad probably roots for asians because he identifies with them because when he grew up or lived in america, people treated him differently because of his race.

Let's get this clear: MTV has already chosen a winner.

The viewers votes do not count as we seen time and time again.

MTV best decision at this point will have to be SQ vs Jabba as the final in order to pull in those ratings and to squash all the "rumors" of the show being rigged in order to save face.

..the reality is votes dont always go according to plan....you look at every show, sytycd, american idol, dancing with the stars.......etc....it doesnt go according to performance 100% of the time.......if it did, then why bother with the vote

and you really think SQ vs Jabba will get more ratings than Kaba vs Jabba?? and how is putting sq and jabba saving any face?? if anything people will think it's more rigged if they had sq vs jabba......and mtv doesnt have to choose a winner, i think if you put a gun to everybody's head right now, we'd all say jabba's winning......and is anyone gonna stop watching the show because they're convinced it's rigged?? of course not, they'll just keep watching and complaining and MTV could care less about that as long as you're watching.

Guest allatonce

so I've been reading this thread since the show started and just signed up to post. LOL!

Top 3 crews: (predictions)

1) Jabbawockeez

2) Kaba Modern

3) Status Quo

I hope Jaba and KM duke it out in the end. Should be interesting to watch.

Archived