[drama 2008] Spotlight 스포트라이트

Guest f0reveralways

Guest markho826

14회 ㅣ 2008-06-26 주요장면 미리보기 :

조회 :

조 변호사의 사망 소식을 접하고 복잡한 생각으로 서 있던 우진은 태석에게

조 변호사가 남긴 일을 밝혀내겠다며 자신을 도와 달라 말한다. 우진과 태석,

순철은 경제특구와 영환건설에 대한 자료들을 조사하기 시작한다.

교도소에서 나온 오성환 의원은 영환건설 상무 등의 인사를 받으며 차에 오른다.

태석은 국장과 사회부장에게 기획안을 보여주며 이 문제를 꼭 보도해야한다는

의지를 전하고, 기자회를 소집한다. 우진은 오성환 의원이 태석의 아버지라는

사실에 깜짝 놀란다.

As i translated in post#1185. ^^

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kanshu

omg omg i saw today's episode and omfg... amazing! loved it!

but i'm so curious about who oh tae suk's father is... is it the

guy who's in charge of all of the bad things that are happening?

can somebody help me out here... i'm a bit confused... O_O;;;;

Tae Suk's real father is a journalist who died during coverage in the Vietnam-war.

Tae Suk's step-father is a powerful politician, and in the earlier episodes, it's hinted at that Tae Suk uncovered some corruption where his step-father was involved and made it public, which ultimately lead to his step-father ending up in jail. Now, in one of the ealier episodes, TS reads in the newspaper that his step-father is being released from prison soon. Wether or not OTS step-father is really behind the most recent events (like in: giving the orders now) or if what comes to the daylight now is just an aftereffect of the things from the past, I don't know. Perhaps one of the others who actually understand what is said can shed some light on tthings?

Guest markho826

Tae Suk's real father is a journalist who died during coverage in the Vietnam-war.

Tae Suk's step-father is a powerful politician, and in the earlier episodes, it's hinted at that Tae Suk uncovered some corruption where his step-father was involved and made it public, which ultimately lead to his step-father ending up in jail. Now, in one of the ealier episodes, TS reads in the newspaper that his step-father is being released from prison soon. Wether or not OTS step-father is really behind the most recent events (like in: giving the orders now) or if what comes to the daylight now is just an aftereffect of the things from the past, I don't know. Perhaps one of the others who actually understand what is said can shed some light on tthings?

From the original synopsis, OTS' father Oh Min Chul was a legendary reporter who died trying to gather information for reporting in the Vietnam War.

Yet, MBC changed it from the very beginning of the drama.

After the change, OTS' father Oh Sung Woon (no idea about the exact spelling) is a congressman who was jailed after accepting bribes. It seemed that OTS reported on this, resulting in his father's ending up in jail...

Guest kanshu

Oh nooooo....Kanshu.....I hope no one dies off...if anyone should, they could kill off the YW Construction baddies!!! :lol:

Actually, I never saw it coming that they were going to tie OTS dad to YW Construction. Sheer coup!!

Well, it's just that now, that they actually killed off that lawyer (I doubt that that was really a suicide, what would he have had to gain from that?), they won't stop once they know that OTS and WJ have information. Plus, there's some mole in GBS, so something will happen. They also noticed the interaction between OTS and WJ, and I'm certain someone will dig out further details... They might use that against them, either for blackmail or to manipulate them somehow. Then, there's LSC, who knows more than he should, and who's still hot-tempered enough to get himself involved where OTS might be able to stop WJ.

The entire case is high-profile, too many people with too much power are involved. Plus, it's the only topic that they haven't touched so far, but which is a vital part of OTS personality/background. If that was my plot, I'd certainly not miss the chance to drive home to the viewer that being a reporter who's chasing after the big true stories is no picknic. :sweatingbullets: Hence my feeling that someone might die...

Did you see how OTS looked at SWJ (and she at him) at the make-up room when she got back from her detention???? Speaks tons!!!

Yes, OTS was worried sick and glad to see her again in one piece, on top of it with a great story... While OTS is WJ's anchor of reassurance and calm.

Something I realized while trying to escape the current soccermania (European Soccerchampionship Semi finals) here...

When OTS comes back, he's fairly subdued (at least towards the upper ranks). Even his direct superior mentions how obedient OTS is. But it seems that nowadays, OTS is back to his old self, albeit he now carries responsibility and probably understands his superior's decision (which lead to that fight&consequent transfer) back then a bit better...

And speaking of jealousy....I didn't like it at all that CME was sitting soooooooo close to OTS during the recording...I mean, if you were to compare it with the Spotlight anchor and SWJ, they were not THAT close!! hahaha..guess I'm getting a tad too possessive of OTS!!!! :)

Yup. Entirely too possessive. :blink:

Here, take an OTS-shaped rice cookie. :sweatingbullets:

From the original synopsis, OTS' father Oh Min Chul was a legendary reporter who died trying to gather information for reporting in the Vietnam War.

After the change, OTS' father Oh Sung Woon (no idea about the exact spelling) is a congressman who was jailed after accepting bribes. It seemed that OTS reported on this, resulting in his father's ending up in jail...

oh wow is that why he got transfered to another branch for 3 years?

Guest shuky

Hey Liquidfir, I just went to the mbc website...I think the preview for 14 is out...but I don't know how to access it...help!!!!

Guest kanshu

They did? :sweatingbullets:

I thought that they had kept the double-plot.. shame on me. :blush: :sweatingbullets:

Of course, OTS bringing down his biological father is tough. That strugle he went through at the time between truth and family must've been horrible, i.e. considering that his father's actions perhaps allowed OTS to study and lead a comparatively good life without many worries (at least the financial kind).

I hope we learn a bit more about OTS background in the last episodes...

Guest markho826

I think,

in episode 1, when OTS was transferred back to GBS headquarters, the senior guy (the one who often stood by CME) said OTS had given Mr. Ahn a punch three years ago and was subsequently 'exiled'...

in episode 2, Mr. Ahn drank with OTS and gave him a good slap in the cheek.

He said that things even up, i.e. OTS punched him and he slapped OTS back...

it seemed that they had an argument over OTS' father's stuff three years ago.

Guest kanshu

I think so... If I understand the first episode correctly, he was send to another branch for punching his superior over some story that the superior didn't want to air (but OTS aired it anyway). I'm not quite sure if the story was the story about OTS's father, but it would make sense.

Guest kanshu

I think,

in episode 1, when OTS was transferred back to GBS headquarters, the senior guy (the one who often stood by CME) said OTS had given Mr. Ahn a punch three years ago and was subsequently 'exiled'...

in episode 2, Mr. Ahn drank with OTS and gave him a good slap in the cheek.

He said that things even up, i.e. OTS punched him and he slapped OTS back...

it seemed that they had an argument over OTS' father's stuff three years ago.

That scene was great. :)

But it seems like Mr. Ahn and OTS have really settled their differences. I loved the scene where Mr. Ahn points out that WJ is a lot like OTS used to be when OTS is upset about her actions. It seemed to me that Mr. Ahn somewhat enjoyed seeing OTS having to eat a dosage or two of his own medicine.

Hey Liquidfir, I just went to the mbc website...I think the preview for 14 is out...but I don't know how to access it...help!!!!

checking it out now will be back to edit this post

---

edited

babe from what i saw only the summary is out the paid preview is not out either. imbc sometimes gives me weird richard simmons.

i have to refresh it a few times to get the real stuff LOL.

so i refresed 5 times only the written summary is out

Guest shuky

checking it out now will be back to edit this post

---

edited

babe from what i saw only the summary is out the paid preview is not out either. imbc sometimes gives me weird richard simmons.

i have to refresh it a few times to get the real stuff LOL.

so i refresed 5 times only the written summary is out

Hahaha...thanks a bunch for trying!!! (I know what you mean...it's that frustrating!!!and I thought it was just me!) Hey Markho826, do you have better luck than the both of us??? :sweatingbullets: (what with your awful computer at work?? :lol: )

Guest shuky

WOW!!! I'm totally impressed!!! Thanks a lot!!! :)

What was OTS looking at in the newsroom and in the dark too that made him smile like a chesire cat??? Oh no...SWJ could be in some danger....she was knocked down by a passing motorcycle (sent by YW Construction??) as the motorcyclist was intent on snatching the documents (from lawyer Cho??) away from her. Finally we get to see OTS' father in person. Was OTS crying in the dark???

Guest kanshu

Those two are my fav pics...

The scooter scene... priceless. I loved how OTS was portrayed as a completely different person there, someonr who could leave the gravity of the job behind and be carefree, enjoy himself. Wonderful characterization there!

wow woojin and taeseok met the baddies at the lobby of the hospital o.0

woojin had seen the guy in specs before.

OOOOO taeseok gave him a warning.

the baddies were wondering how much they know.

and were planning to keep track of woojin and taeseok

the laywer died.

woojin cried.

taeseok told woojin itz not her fault.

she told taeseok she will reveal the truth NO MATTER what or what taeseok says

she asked taeseok for a favor and asked him to help her.

and she told taeseok that sunchol was also in this.

woojin and sunchol going through boxes of information.

someone was following woojin o.0

taeseok sunchol woojin discussing the information

the baddies - they were saying that woojin already got on to something.

and that itz about time to "rearrange" the people in gbs reporting department

the political department head guy was probably planning some evil stuff o.0

taeseok met a fellow reporter? and the guy asked him if he knows about his father getting out of jail early.

sunchol was rambling off about the information LOL and woojin told him to shut up

omfg woojin discovered something on taeseok's father (not knowing that minister oh was his father). taeseok in shock.

manz he shouted at woojin o.0

taeseok remembered what the deceased laywer said about him looking like someone.

and that the secret agent guy mentioning about his father.

the baddies meeting taeseok's father.

taeseok was angry at a news report instigated by the political department head.

sunchol buys some beauty products. o.0 (probably for woojin)

the chief was telling taeseok not to do anyting on yon wan console.

he said this will be serious and will affect everyone

taeseok said gbs is not alone. gbs is with the public

taeseok was like if i get people to agree with me would u allow me to do the report.

the director was telling the chief - i think giving a warning of some sort.

taeseok was reading the profile of all the people in the department. smiling to himself.

he reads woojin's profile.

taeseok told sunchol and woojin that the idea was killed by the chief. but they all started this knowing that

this was a difficult task so lets give it one last shot

taeseok had a conference????? itz more of a petition for all reporters to sign

mr ahn wanted to see woojin and talk to her.

he asked her if this was started by her alone. she said no together with the captain

he told woojin that the minister OH is taeseok's father

woojin = shock

woojin told taeseok she will do this alone.

taeseok asked what she meant

she said she can do this alone.

taeseok received a phone call asking him if he knows his dad is out.

woojin went to asked mr ahn. she says she didnt know about mr oh being his father and that she wants to know more about what happen.

mr ahn told her she cant tell anyone about this.

i think itz about taeseok reporting about what his father did in the past and that landed his dad in jail.

woojin held an envelope fill of info

and some biker comes riding along and robbed her of the envelope, causing her to have a bad fall

woojin got hurt o.0

woojin came into the office.

with a bandaged arm.

taeseok told woojin to tell him what happened and she did.

woojin told taeseok it would be better if this was not reported

taeseok was like wad was she talking about.

woojin told taeseok that she already knows that minister oh was his father

she knows how he feels; maybe not all but a little.

and that even though this is a big news but no familiy member shld get hurt

taeseok got very angry and told her to do the report anywayz. (he screams)

taeseok met a man (his friend) and asked for his help.

and then the man told him to meet his father

infact he is right outside now.

the man told taeseok that he cannot avoid his father forever.

taeseok enters a car (his father's car)

his father told him that he has never hated taeseok. taeseok said the same.

his father mentioned that he knows what taeseok is doing now. if he feels that it is right to do it go ahead.

taeseok stops his father then and told him that he dont want to listen to his excuses.

and that he will meet him as a reporter the next time.

taeseok is miserable. - he cries in his own car o.0

woojin passes info to taeseok

taeseok told chief thatthey have to report this now

the chief explains that this will affect everything and everyone

taeseok takes out his gbs pass is betting on his position. and he says that this is something that the public should the truth.

and he takes out his pass and put it beside taeseok's and said ok. he can only allow the report to go out.

and he might even lose the position as the chief when this goes out. does taeseok has the confidence to fight it out?

the political department head was yelling his head off regarding the release of the news.

the chief told him to shut up and stand aside LOLL

the baddies were talking about taeseok's father o.0 scheming.

taeseok was talking to the man (the one who set him up to meet his father in the previous scene) on the phone and

the man told him to meet someone who will help him with the memory card.

taeseok was set up..

for bribery i think o.0

this is bad.

ended

Guest shuky

Finally, found the 3-minute clip of OTS.

Markho826, you've out did yourself here. Thanks for the link and caps!!!

I don't know about you, but I cried at the end of episode 14 when OTS was arrested!! Not just for the injustice of it all, but for someone who stands firmly by his beliefs, even at the expense of familial ties. Hats off to OTS and JJH for another brilliant performance!!

Archived