[drama 2008] Spotlight 스포트라이트

Guest f0reveralways

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest markho826

Something missed out.

When OTS went to meet Mr. Pinky, he finally took out the camera and asked if he minded that.

After a short hesitation, Mr. Pinky said 'yes' and he showed a little conscience...

OTS said, that's the man who SWJ liked...

After telling the team that the videoclip of Mr. Pinky could not be put on the news report, OTS went up to the rooftop and followed by LSC.

LSC asked, 'Do you know who is the person whom SWJ admires of? It's you, Cap. If she knows that how you handle this stuff, she will be greatly disappointed.'

OTS was a bit angry and ROAR, "LSC, who the hell you are? How can you talk to me like this?"

Last part...

When OTS came out and LSC suggested going to celebrate, the way how OTS looked at SWJ was a bit different.

And LSC, who was standing behind SWJ and was able to catch OTS's look, was a bit disappoited(???)

marky dear is there any romance today LOLLl or hint of awkward romance? LOLLLL. my download is slow as a turtle so i will wait for aigoo download from puela LOL

Nothing romantic indeed.

No hug, no 'holding hand', no 'touching hair', and of course 'no kiss'.

Except some special expressions in OTS's eyes.

Wow...the thread is so quiet today...

I always enjoy watching Spotlight and enjoy reading your posts...

I just took some pictures of the last scene...we need some pictures in here :)

^^hug LUV. havent see your captures for a while ^^

I think I would like tonight's episode better if I could understand the dialogue. Episode 10, I think, tried to go deeper and question what it takes to be a journalist and the "costs" of the people's right to know. Tonight's pace is less frentic compared to last night's, and it's as much a personal and professional growth for SWJ as LSC. I really love how LSC stood up for SWJ and believed in her integrity. He's really a loyal friend and colleague whom you can count on. SWJ's one fortunate girl.

OTS is just super cool in this episode. He was decisive, determined and uncompromising in clearing SWJ's name. I simply love how he mobilised the troops to work on the story for SWJ. When he met Mr Pinky (SJH) in the park, gosh, it was a walk-over. Mr Pinky was no where near him.

I love how they ended tonight's episode when the team welcomed SWJ back to the fold. Instead of going for a round of soju to celebrate as suggested by LSC, it was business as usual as the team was tasked to cover the candlelight vigil against the resumption of US beef import to Korea. Come what may, the work of a journalist never ends.

lol ya the last scene the anti US beef protest . and she was calling reporter Lee : you call yourself a man! since he was like wondering should they really go out haha . actually both were like hestiating to go out ., they regret they took on this assignment watching the swarm of protestors out there .

i only manage to take a gimplise here and there , because i was busy with stuff and just leave the screen on.~~ YA but i also completely agree CAP look so cool in his manner of handling the situation . there are compromises they had to make but also principles they need to uphold .~^^

at least now it seem Reporter lee also got more screen time .haha i like how he call his senior to help him for his first reporting ...i think she suggest taking a different apporach and hence the interview of the ordinary people who are affected by the development rather then just concentrating on taking the focus on the company .

SWJ thanked OTS for what he had done.

OTS, cool man, said she needed not thank him.

He simply brought the truth to the light.

He told her that every reporter would face such problem.

He gave her a book, seemed that he tried to encourage her to be strong and tough, and continue to fight for the truth, and never give up.

SWJ then continued with the investigation of New City (instead of the Construction Company) with LSC.

And she let LSC do interviews on his own.

OTS found out that LSC was still working on the New City stuff.

He asked LSC who would work on the stuff with him? Was it SWJ?

LSC said 'yes'.

OTS found SWJ and LSC talking about the New City stuff in a restaurant.

He said to SWJ, "you do have so much time... "

He said he full appreciated her unveiling appeal(???) to find out the truth till the end(???)

thanks for the summary . i like that scene when woojin realise CAp was just standing outside the window ..watching her with reporter lee keke ..~ ...that grin on Cap face while he speak to her .was sooo cute.

^^hug LUV. havent see your captures for a while ^^

Aww...I miss you that's why I always come here to read your posts...hehe...

I took some pictures from episode 10...

luvsoompis00000000cc3.jpg

luvsoompis00100000xl8.jpg

luvsoompis00100010le4.jpg

luvsoompis00100013pe1.jpg

luvsoompis00200000zu3.jpg

luvsoompis00200001pd7.jpg

luvsoompis00300003hw3.jpg

luvsoompis00300017kp0.jpg

luvsoompis00300030id2.jpg

luvsoompis00300061ks3.jpg

luvsoompis00300070du9.jpg

luvsoompis00400013le5.jpg

luvsoompis00500003mr1.jpg

luvsoompis00600003bq1.jpg

luvsoompis00600037ej3.jpg

luvsoompis00600062sc7.jpg

luvsoompis00600082yr1.jpg

Guest kdramafanusa

Luv, thank you so much for all beautiful caps. :)

Mark, thanks for the summary.

Puela, thanks for the link.

Will be back later....

Guest shuky

Something missed out.

When OTS went to meet Mr. Pinky, he finally took out the camera and asked if he minded that.

After a short hesitation, Mr. Pinky said 'yes' and he showed a little conscience...

OTS said, that's the man who SWJ liked...

After telling the team that the videoclip of Mr. Pinky could not be put on the news report, OTS went up to the rooftop and followed by LSC.

LSC asked, 'Do you know who is the person whom SWJ admires of? It's you, Cap. If she knows that how you handle this stuff, she will be greatly disappointed.'

OTS was a bit angry and ROAR, "LSC, who the hell you are? How can you talk to me like this?"

Last part...

When OTS came out and LSC suggested going to celebrate, the way how OTS looked at SWJ was a bit different.

And LSC, who was standing behind SWJ and was able to catch OTS's look, was a bit disappoited(???)

Nothing romantic indeed.

No hug, no 'holding hand', no 'touching hair', and of course 'no kiss'.

Except some special expressions in OTS's eyes.

Thank you so much markho826 for the summary!!! JJH's super mega fan saves the day!!! Thank you luv and cherlyinguyen for the lovely caps. And markho826, you are right, OTS' eyes said it all, especially when they were outside the cafe and in the newsroom when SWJ returned to the fold.

Hey liquidfir, "glad" to hear it's only the computer that's faulty. Thought the headache finally got to you and you were bed-ridden. Yes, yes, pls do a summary when you are done watching episode 9/10. Would be great if you could share with us what was the deal the station chief cut with the YW management at the cafe when he handled over the incriminating Pinky's interview?

What's the beef? You can read more on the mass demonstrations at www. english.chosun.com

chosun

Guest shuky

NEWS FLASH.......

C-subs for episode 9 is out! You can get them at www.tsxz.com/thread.php?fid=114. Hurry!!!! :)

markho826 ... thkz

Btw, what is the convo between Mr Pinky & SWJ at the cafe?

mr pink: thanks for coming out

woojin: senior, i was thinking never to see senior you again but

because you are one of the people i respect the most...

mr pink: I am sorry. i know i cannot explain this with whatever i say

woojin: I didnt come out to hear apologies

I dont know under what circumstances did you make this sort of decision...

i want to believe "oh this kinda thing could happen too..."

mr pink: woojin ah i heard you handed in your resignation.

even though i want to die..... i know this wouldnt be forgivable even if i die.

(this is like a direct translation sounds cliche i know )

i wish woojin wouldnt "turn out?/become" like me.

Aww...I miss you that's why I always come here to read your posts...hehe...

I took some pictures from episode 10...

lol ..ahhh did u take captures of mr nice guy .reporter .lol the one with glasses , i think he changed his specs.^^. actually did he have a thing for that junior he is coaching lol ..

this was what WJ and Reporter Lee saw .~~

20080611183848_bodyfile.jpg

itz so cute when sunchol was editing the film,

taeseok came from behind and said : who told u to do this. who.

then he asked is it woojin?

sunchol subconsciously said : yea.... LOLLLL

then he was like NOOO.

in the end when taeseok followed woojin to the cafe, woojin scolded sunchol: betrayer LOLLL

---

sunchol was asking woojin what should be done now. woojin was like what do u mean what should be done, this should be reported.

sunchol: senior you should do this yourself why do u wanna make life difficult for me LOL

woojin: since i ordered u to do it then juz do it. arhg

sunchol: i have a mindset of my own as well dont think i will wadever u ask me to LOLL

taeseok at the window.

sunchol pretending the world dont exist

woojin: betrayer

then he was like NOOO.

in the end when taeseok followed woojin to the cafe, woojin scolded sunchol: betrayer LOLLL

---

sunchol was asking woojin what should be done now. woojin was like what do u mean what should be done, this should be reported.

sunchol: senior you should do this yourself why do u wanna make life difficult for me LOL

sunchol: i have a mindset of my own as well dont think i will wadever u ask me to LOLL

taeseok at the window.

lol yup betrayer Reporter Lee should have more screen time . it is fun to see another reporter being coached by CAP~ .he is like in the middle sandwiched between CAP and WJ.. jin Goo is quite a young actor with potential .should give him more room to see what he can do..^^

Guest shuky

then he was like NOOO.

---

taeseok at the window.

Hey, glad that your computer is working!!! I like how those two behaved as though they were caught red handed in a candy store. But I simply love the way OTS smiled at SWJ outside the cafe/and back at the newsroom - that was a killer, megawatt smile!!

mr pink: thanks for coming out

woojin: senior, i was thinking never to see senior you again but

because you are one of the people i respect the most...

mr pink: I am sorry. i know i cannot explain this with whatever i say

woojin: I didnt come out to hear apologies

I dont know under what circumstances did you make this sort of decision...

i want to believe "oh this kinda thing could happen too..."

mr pink: woojin ah i heard you handed in your resignation.

even though i want to die..... i know this wouldnt be forgivable even if i die.

(this is like a direct translation sounds cliche i know )

i wish woojin wouldnt "turn out?/become" like me.

SWJ really liked Mr Pinky. In episode 9, he revealed that when they were in college, she bought a lot of stuff for him-cell phone, key chains etc. That was how he convinced her to accept the expensive handbag. SWJ was also conscious of how she looked when they went out for lunch (he was supposed to ask her blatantly to drop the New City story). She said if she had known, she would have dressed up for the occasion.

Feel really sad that her trust in and admiration for him were so brutally betrayed and abused (even though he did have some conscience and didn't stop SWJ from doing the story and subsequently, did feel bad about his role in the entrapment).

my computer is mad at me. my internet connection was crap the whole day so i spent the day translating episode 8 LOLLL for the subbing team since i cannot log in. anywayz

i think mr pink made his choices and he hopes that woojin wouldnt be like him making choices he knows he will regret so sad..........

woojin respects him alot.

between woojin and taeseok, taeseok told her she can take a break but dont take too long.

and when taeseok discovered that woojin was behind the fiuture investigation about newscity, taeseok was very happy because he said something like

is this why you are taking such a long break?

do u know why u are like this?

even if you think u wont do it cant do it anymore,the more you want to do it.

u keep hearing the "you must do it" voices right?

LOLLLLL he is sogod damm cute i dont know wad to say

sidenote: he gave/borrowed woojin the book. itz HIS book. notice that he highlighted all the important encouraging words

Guest shuky

Episode 9 (based on c-subs)

"I Quit!" SWJ and OTS' conversation at about 56 mins

OTS read the code of conduct for reporters from the little blue book after they were interviewed by the disciplinary panel.

OTS: Guidelines for news gathering. Article 14

In the process of news gathering, a reporter must reject all gifts from newsmakers or persons related to them. Reporters must turn down gifts or meals costing more than $50,000 KW.

I know you've been framed. But you are guilty of not knowing these rules, which is worse. If you are a good reporter, you would be suspicious and constantly be alert and on guard. You cannot even trust those you know, even your parents.

SWJ: I'm sorry. I quit. I'll tender my letter of resignation.

OTS: DOn't be childish. This is not the time.

SWJ: No. I can't continue.

OTS: SWJ

SWJ: I said I quit!

OTS: SWJ. Stand right there!

between woojin and taeseok, taeseok told her she can take a break but dont take too long.

and when taeseok discovered that woojin was behind the fiuture investigation about newscity, taeseok was very happy because he said something like

is this why you are taking such a long break?

do u know why u are like this?

even if you think u wont do it cant do it anymore,the more you want to do it.

u keep hearing the "you must do it" voices right?

LOLLLLL he is sogod damm cute i dont know wad to say

sidenote: he gave/borrowed woojin the book. itz HIS book. notice that he highlighted all the important encouraging words

Hahahaha...so now we know what drives SWJ as a journalist....it's in her blood, just like OTS! They are so so alike and so meant for each other. I think it's so important to a have a boss who stands by you and believes in you no matter what, professionally. It makes it all worth while.

As for the book...ya..it's so well thumbed through...it's like his personal bible/guiding principles for a journalist. Do you know what's the title of the book?

Guest babymarzy07

ok this is sorta OT, but i noticed recently on other shows i see the GBS logo. i mean like here in the drama.

ive never really heard of it before is there really a GBS station?

im really enjoying this drama, its just tough when there arent many subs.

so many names and i get confused at times..

but all in all very interesting i must say..

Archived