[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LolitaMan

I don't know if it was told but I don't recall what happened to Ji Hyun's mother? Did she die? And what happened to her grandpa the trainstation guy? Can't wait for the subs to come out. I'm just watching the latest episodes and guessing by their reactions.

Viewers Sad To See Lee Da Hae Leave East of Eden

January 14, 2009 by coolsmurf

In Episode 40 shown last night, Min Hye Rin who was supposed to have romantic entanglements with the two brothers, Lee Dong Wook and Dong Chul, leaves for America where she will be stationed as an overseas news correspondent. This effectively marks the departure of Lee Da Hae.

Before leaving for America, Hye Rin bidded farewell to her ex-boyfriend, Lee Dong Wook and also her parents (she doesn’t even get a airport farewell scene). Hye Rin felt that she had lost her way as a reporter after being caught in the sticky cobweb of government politics and wanted a new enviroment to rediscover herself. She decides to leave Korea for America, becoming an overseas news correspondent while furthering her studies too.

Hye Rin tells Dong Wook, once her boyfriend and now her best friend, that there was something she had to say before leaving, “When I think of Korea, the person that I miss the most is still public prosecutor, Lee Dong Wook.”

Lee Da Hye expressed her thoughts about leaving, “When I first took on East of Eden, I really wanted to do my best. But it’s with regrets that it has turned out to be like this. But I have really deep feelings for East of Eden so I find it very sad that today is going to be my last appearance in the drama.”

Viewers left messages after the episode expressing their regrets upon seeing Lee Da Hye’s departure from East of Eden, “It’s a pity that we can’t see anymore of Lee Da Hye right up till the final episode. But still, she has showed us her outstanding acting”, “It must be really hard on her during this period of time, hope that we can see an even better Lee Da Hye in future.”

Hwang Jung Eum, former member of girl group Sugar will make her entry next Monday as Lee Da Hye’s replacement. She will be casted as the daughter of the chief public prosecutor and eventually marries Lee Dong Wook.

In other storyline developments, the baby that Young Ran is pregnant with was revealed to be Mike’s. But it’s kind of weird considering the lack of scenes that they have together. And there seems to be an recurring theme every week. Every week, over 2 episodes, we have someone finding out the truth about the switched identities of Myung Hoon and Dong Wook. This week, it was Myung Hoon’s mother, from the previews for next week, it’s Dong Chul’s mother turn. And it’s funny how they love to use the kidnap move every now and then as a threat, I have lost count on how many times they have used this.

There was a spike in ratings for MBC East of Eden though as it registered an impressive 28.4%, an increase of 2.7 percentage points from Monday’s episode of 25.7%. KBS Boys Before Flowers continued its impressive run with a rating of 21.4%, its highest rating thus far and its 4th consecutive increase.

Daily TV Rating - [Tuesday 2009-01-13]

TNS

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

1. Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 34.1%, 33.4%

2. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 28.4%, 30.0%

3. The Road Home <집으로가는길> episode 2 (KBS1) - 23.1%, 21.2% (#4)

4. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 4 (KBS2) - 21.4%, 21.6% (#3)

AGB

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

1. Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 31.0%, 29.6% (#2)

2. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 28.6%, 30.4% (#1)

3. The Road Home <집으로가는길> episode 2 (KBS1) - 27.6%, 27.9%

4. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 4 (KBS2) - 17.7%, 17.8%

credit to KdramaFanusa

I'm glad that East of Eden still on the top!! ^_^

Guest lotus_flower

MBCAMERICA Just aired ep28 last night..I was so mad that DC let Grace marry Mike..I know I'm behind u all but I just have to vent..I'm so mad..I cried poor Grace. I can just can't get over it. She was so happy there with his family..she even put a smile on DC mothers face and it's not easy to make that woman smile. But this is a KDrama..and things like this happen.. I guess thats why I love them so much..they pull at all ur emotions.

Guest Greenrose934

I have nothing against making Lee Dong Chul a martyr as he seem fairly comfortable in that role already. My biggest thing is really the pregnancy, I can't even fathom how they are going to handle it. The way the last couple of episodes have been framed that with the fact that Mike & Grace weren't exactly intimate as of late make the pregnancy a little impossible in my eyes. The writing staff is just drawing at straws now and it's getting pathetic to watch them take this show and dump a large pile of you know what on it at this stage.

I really don't want DC & YR end up , It means DC buys one gets one free ( Sorry for DC :sweatingbullets: ),YR married but still wants DC ,so she had both ?

I surprise and I'm very sad when Lee Da Hee 've got out of this drama soo soon

I think something wrong with them (all the crew ):sweatingbullets:

Guest redzone85

East of Eden loses Lee Da Hae for good, gains an ex-Sugar member

By footdoc-shoelover + January 13th, 2009

leedahae_20090113_seoulbeats.jpg

It seems a bit diva-ish for Lee Da hae to jump ship this late in the series but she is not without sympathizers. Many fans have been complaining that the drama’s writing has been tanking since Ms. Na was replaced by a much less talented counterpart.

Credit : seoulbeats

Funny how, LDH was given much more screentime compared to 39 other episodes for this drama.

Looks like they were eager to get rid of LDH.

I guess the PDs and/or writers must not like LDH after this. Maybe they won't want her to act in their works. Well, there are still a lot of writers out there... ^^~ I don't feel good about the replacement. Yeah, that's what I call the new girl eventhough she is not.

Guest Greenrose934

Last time, i didn't hate Mr. Gook, but now i hate him so much! He is so dirty. He always uses people and throw them away. :tongue2: I don't like both the father and the daughter YR. :tongue2:

Yeah ,I agree with you

He didn't want LDC & YR , now his son-in-law dead , YR 've got problem , he run to meet LDC

What a man :rolleyes: ! there's no more female in this world , only his daughter ?

YR's so greedy ,a married woman but she's still jealous of HR, what's a selfish woman ,she didn't want LDC happy ? just going around around her forever ??

Guest bluemoon1st

Can somebody please tell me when or in which episode GRACE told DONG CHUL that she is pregnant...I would like to see his reaction !

I think in episode 39, the doctor at the hospital told DC that Grace is pregnant.

In episode 40, DC told Gook that Grace is pregnant with Mike's child :blush:

Guest Greenrose934

I think in episode 39, the doctor at the hospital told DC that Grace is pregnant.

In episode 40, DC told Gook that Grace is pregnant with Mike's child :blush:

So from now Gook will treat LDC very nice ? :rolleyes: and making LDC to be his son-in-law ? :sweatingbullets:

Guest redzone85

So from now Gook will treat LDC very nice ? :rolleyes: and making LDC to be his son-in-law ? :sweatingbullets:

Gook better not try that. Fuc* me!!!!!!!!!! I want a war to break out between YR/GOOK vs LDC. Make things interesting for once! Besides the same old routine against STH and birth secret.

Please dont let LDC near YR again! Why the pinkberry even ring his house is beyond me, dirty pinkberry.

Please....... i dont the LDC and YR love relationship lasting any longer. Break it off already.

Guest edenlove

He didn't want LDC & YR , now his son-in-law dead , YR 've got problem , he run to meet LDC

What a man :rolleyes: ! there's no more female in this world , only his daughter ?

YR's so greedy, a married woman but she's still jealous of HR, what's a selfish woman ,she didn't want LDC happy ? just going around around her forever ??

Maybe people are watching two different versions of EOE. :lol:

Since they are bringing in a new girl for LDW his future wife, I am asking "Please, please let there be some chemistry, between them". As for the rumored extended episodes of 8, definitely do not want that as there is a strong possibility of making the show worse and not better. Finally, when is DC going to live for DC? Are they going to kill him in the end, making him a martyr of some kind? Sort of getting tired of the martyr act now.

Yeah ,I agree with you

YR's so greedy ,a married woman but she's still jealous of HR, what's a selfish woman ,she didn't want LDC happy ? just going around around her forever ??

YR always tells DC to leave her alone, but she always comes to him and won't let any girl comes near him. So selfish!

From the begining i already didn't like her. Seeing her appearance too often make me so angry. :tongue2: I feel so bad for HR.

Now YR is pregnant, i think she and her father will bother DC again.

YR always tells DC to leave her alone, but she always comes to him and won't let any girl comes near him. So selfish!

From the begining i already didn't like her. Seeing her appearance too often make me so angry. :tongue2: I feel so bad for HR.

Now YR is pregnant, i think she and her father will bother DC again.

I'm disagree with you all I want DC&YR end up together anyway I'm DC&YR shipper. :tongue2:

Archived