[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest kchild702

uncle jang, being in the (KCIA) now its called NIS, anyhow he should have used his connection and muscle to get DC out and stop Guk.

kuzz we all know korean gov. back in 80s and early 90s NIS agents were ruthless.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone can translate the conversation between LDC and YR in the room?

Just watched the Viikii clip, it is a rather sad conversation…

in case you haven’t had a chance to watch it yet, the following is Viikii sub for you reference.

EoE ep 39 Spoiler Alert on the post below --

--YR (lying on the bed, looking away): I had a silly dream. How can human be so selfish? I feel so guilty lying in bed. I’m a sinner. I’m guilty of killing Mike, and killing you many times.

YR (sitting up and staring at DC as she speaks): Please, leave me.

Camera turns to DC (my heart sinks a little. )

YR (continued): If you don’t leave me. I will go to Mike.

Camera turns to DC again (My heart goes further south. After the hard blow of birth secret, YR is one thing that DC can hold on and believe...)

YR (continued): I don’t want to see you again.

DC looks away

YR (continued): Mike is my husband, so that’s right thing to do. It’s also the right thing to do for the beggar I used to love.

(It is so sad that YR puts up a “past” tense here…)

DC looks at her …

YR (continued): Please go mister.

YR lies down again and turns her back against him.

DC: Soup-ladle… (YR closes her eye…no response…)

DC gently calls her name again : Grace…

DC: If you’re doing it for Mike, then I want to do it too. Yes, I will do as you wish. If you wish, there is nothing I wouldn’t do for you. One thing I want to ask of you, is what you told me – “Just stay alive” -- Just stay alive. Thank you, soup-ladle. For even though I have had a rough life, but there was the time I felt happy because of love. I can live with those memories. So please just stay alive. --

this is really some little happy news to us...

i was so worry that DW will end up alone... :lol:

Means no more DW, Mh and Jh triangle good news, Now is the chance of MH ha ha ha ha

Where is JH signature? Waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh PHJ is soooo cute

East of Eden Might Be Extended + Hwang Jung Eum Added

January 13, 2009 by coolsmurf

The East of Eden production company were in discussions with MBC higher-ups yesterday over the possible extension of the drama by 8 episodes.

According to insiders, the production for the follow-up drama My Love For You to East of Eden has been cancelled recently. If East of Eden ends as scheduled in March, there will be a gap in the lucrative Mon-Tue primetime slot. MBC has thus mooted the idea of an extension to East of Eden. But the production company are not keen for an extension because of budget constraints.

Although no agreement has been reached as yet, history have shown that there is a high possiblity that the extension might happen in the end. MBC Yisan was in the exact same situation months earlier, but in the end, the production company conpromised and the extension went ahead.

Hwang Jung Eum was also confirmed to be coming in as a replacement for Lee Da Hye’s character, Min Hye Rin who will be leaving in Episode 40 tonight.

Hwang Jung Eum, formerly with girl group Sugar and now actress will make her entry in Episode 41, starting from next Monday. She will be casted as the daughter of the chief public prosecutor and eventually marrying Lee Dong Wook (Yun Jung Hoon). Now if you have watched Episode 40, Hye Rin’s father did suggest that if only he had let Hye Rin become a lawyer instead of a reporter (because she had issues with the newspaper being a government propaganda tool). I would like to think that they (production) were implying that if only they had not taken the wrong step with Hye Rin’s character right from the start.

1 thing that puzzled me in Episode 40 was Young Ran being pregnant. This was totally out of the blue and they better offer a good explanation.

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...29&p=newsen

Hwang Jung Eum will replace Lee Da Hye as Lee Dong Wook's lover in EOE after Ep.40. She'll join the cast as the chief public prosecutor's daughter whom Lee Dong Wook marries.

Oh ok...good news. DW will not be alone :) Looking forward for her scenes. She's the one in 'The Person I Love' right? Really hate her in that drama...

Ha YR is pregnant but I think That was DC's baby LOL

according to tonight episode, it's Mike's child.

.. lee dong wook will be the last person know the truth. it so hurtful. and looks like mrs. oh really hate shin tae hwan. not just because of his pic with his 1st lovers, janice. but the worst is he is the reason the baby switch happened. everybody angry with Rebecca @ Yoon nurse. but .... it's all because of her grudge towards STH.

what sad me is when mrs. Oh met LDW and she asked him favors to meet mr. Oh (dying President Oh) once. Oh god, she wants President Oh to see his real grandson. and when she keep saying "It's my fault .. it's my fault" in front of YCH

It's a big fight now in Shin's family. and from that scene, it's clear that SMH or should we change to LMH (sounds weird to me) is no longer at STH side. with that fierce eyes he told STH not to touch his mom (mrs Oh) coz STH wants to slap her after she going crazy angry at him. STH can feel something happen behinds him and he is the only person didn't know about it. He asked JH but she didn't said a word.

it's last episode we saw MHR. she met LDW for last time and told him she will departure to Washington and only comeback 2 yrs later. and before she leave she has make up with her dad and told him "Because I'm you daughter" he sounds happy in his cried.

.. btw President Gook is so ruthless. he kidnapped mr. Jaeng and locked him.

~ btw the birthday party is so awkward and come together with very heavy mix feelings. while the Shin's family sing a birthday song to SHM, mrs. Oh looks at LDW back. like she wishing him "happy birthday my son"

YCH can feel something fishy especially after mrs. Oh visit her and cried with guilty. as well how STH (Shin Tae-Ho) know their sign (sign that only YCH, LKC, LDC and LDW know) no others. she asked him if LDC has met JH or not and he said "

Guest kchild702

Brief summary about the beginng. Ep.39

Lawyer Kim wuz giving her clues and info about her father and what her dads really up to.

conversation between Lawyer kim and YR:

YR: Lawyer kim?

KIM: it's been a long time grace agassi.

YR: The one who betrayed my father is still alive? What r u doing here, r u the one responsible for this?

KIM: Even tho ur in no good position ur still loud and tuff. If u were born a man u prolly be on top of ur father.

YR: If ur the one responsible for this, what u prolly want is money. If it's money u'll be shower with it

from my father president Guk.

KIM: Ur wrong, president guk showing up here? where his life can end.

YR: I'm rare blooded. (bascially she's saying she's the only blood related family Guk have. that's y YR is thinking her father will show up himself with the money)

KIM: President guk will never come to a place where his life can end. Instead he'll send the person he want's to kill. That is y I'm here.

YR: What??

KIM: I owe Lee Dong Chul huge debt. I really hope that one happen but eventually DC will come here and I'll have a chance to repay him the debt i owe him. YR, yr if u trully want to know ur father u got long way to go.

While I wuz under ur father, u know one thing i regret the most? I knew my turn wuz coming so, I decided to act before I get hit. I tried to have ur father kill, but I got hit... because I wuz unlucky. That's that but who will be next.... Isn't it Lee Dong Chul?

YR: Shut ur mouth! It won't be Lee Dong Chul.

KIM: I also don't want that to happen. Anyway either it's ur father or DC, I just have to hand over that to other party and u'll be release... then my job is done.

I think being the upright person DC is as seen in his talk with YR that he also wants to respect Mike's memory, the child won't be his for sure.

However it seemed like Mike has been hiding out in Malaysia for a while, the timing of the pregnancy is a bit off leaving us to speculate whether it is Mike's child or not. I don't know how come this is thrown in. Just seem doesn't fit with the flow of the timeline in the story.

I think after Episode #40, DC will finally break off with President Guk. In the preview looked like he may have killed Chong (the guy DC referred to as uncle??). This probably is the last straw.

I would like to think that YR is an upright honorable woman. She wouldn't do that to mike ^^ .. OMG .. I Think i thought about this plot before ! "What if YR got pregnant?? DC will accept YR and Mike's child without doubt? and I BET it's hoing to be a BOY and they'll name him MIKE again !"

Finished watching eps 39 on viikii .. and one thing for sure YEAY MYUNG HOOON !!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Fasiris Fay

Hi. Just wondering if someone could please help me.

I usually watch my episodes on Viikii and Mysjou, but Viikii hasn't been working properly in the last few days. In particular episode 37, part one (which is the first 10 mins) isn't working. I was wondering if someone could please just give me a brief summary of the beginning of episode 37 just so that I know what happened between MR and DC. If someone could please give me a brief summary of the first 10 mins, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Archived