[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest ihatesats

apparently i'm still mad at the ending *angry*

i refuse to acknowledge this ending!!!

i think they were building up for another ending, but for some reason, maybe pressure from the PD, the writer changed it. originally, wasn't the whole thing getting 8 extra episodes? maybe that's why this ending makes no sense.

why i believe there was another ending planned:

1. DC is a "man of his word" and he promised to protect Grace forever. he KNOWs that without him Grace is basically dead so he wouldn't just leave like that.

2. Guk said he knew something about STH that no one did. The files in the HK bank were nothing new? That couldn't be his hidden card, because his hidden had nothing to do with STH; it had to do with protecting Grace after his death O__O.

3. Rebecca's unrequited love makes no sense. I think killing STH is too easy; the worst punishment is living with your sin.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ihatesats

hmm i just came up with another interpretation of the ending. i know they say the ending is clear already but..

You know how right before people die, they can choose to (supposedly) live on if they have enough will power or to leave if they feel it's time? Like how President Guk decided to go on because he knew DC would take care care of Gukja? And STH just accepted his death peacefully? Well, I think the scene where he's standing before the clouds is where he's deciding whether to move on, knowing he'd be leaving behind a family that is finally united and his wife, who may possibly be carrying his child. SOOO i think the ending is up to us. hahaha~

Guest KiSS.THE.RAiN`

QUESTION?

In the scenes where Lee Dong Chul and Grace have their moments- Red Bean 1 and 2 are always played.

I am looking for the Red Bean instrumental or piano because I've heard it a few times.

Guest juicycouture

woah, the ending made me bawl.

question: what is the name of the title song? I think it's by Lee Seung Chul..but I don't know what the title is or where i can find it. Is there an OST mini-thread somewhere in this almost 600 page thread?

thanks!

The song from Lee Seung Chul in the last episode is from Sadder than Sad Story OST. It is called Nobody Else (rough translation in English). MBC obtained the permission to use it on EOE.

For links, go to the Sadder than Sad Story OST thread - http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...0787&st=260

woah, the ending made me bawl.

question: what is the name of the title song? I think it's by Lee Seung Chul..but I don't know what the title is or where i can find it. Is there an OST mini-thread somewhere in this almost 600 page thread?

thanks!

Guest Lucy2009

The writer was really good in the beginning of E.O.E.

UNSATISFYING:

-STH just died like that.

-DC lived his whole life for DW and ho took the bullet from DW at the end.

-DW who hated STH all his life believe STH over DC.

-Evil DW turn to good side easily.

I don't care if the male main talent dies at the end but DC shouldn't die like that....

THANKS

P.S. Thanks for DC and YR get married.

Guest Sashimi

Did someone see that DC's right leg moved after closing his eyes?

I saw it when the camera was zoomed out from the top.

Was it the sign that DC was still alive?

Or SSH failed his acting dead?

Guest Truelove20

Did someone see that DC's right leg moved after closing his eyes?

I saw it when the camera was zoomed out from the top.

Was it the sign that DC was still alive?

Or SSH failed his acting dead?

HI There, technically, when ppls come closer to death, even they closed their eyes, stop breathing, but hand or legs is still move a bit, due to final strech. Hope it help, but i would give credit to you as your attention in to detail.

Guest bless_u

well maybe DC didn't die... It's just a weird ending thats it....

but maybe someone should start a thread and that people can write how they want the ending to be like..

It''ll be interesting reading people's make-up ending... I'll sure be reading...

even though some people may say this is the worst drama ever, but in my opinion I think this is the best drama I ever watch too... Not like a any other drama. It's a serious drama with hate, revenge, love, crime, and Punishment. I have never bother to watch a drama this long or keep up with until I watch EOE... It makes me wanted to watch episode after episode... and sometimes I can't even wait til Monday and tuesday...

Anyways, I'm a big fan of GUKJA Couple.... They just look so good together....

Guest kazenai

I'd be so happy if MBC surprised us with an alternate ending in the -part 2 drama box set -

hmmmmm >.< I feel sorry for all the actors who bared with this , but they all did a fantastic job , non the less East of Eden was a very good drama until episode 56 approached >.<

Guest lovelyy369

QUICK QUESTION!

Whats the episode where President Guk and his gang catches Dong Chul and Young ran on the beach? And President Guk has someone stab his right hand?

Thank You~

QUICK QUESTION!

Whats the episode where President Guk and his gang catches Dong Chul and Young ran on the beach? And President Guk has someone stab his right hand?

Thank You~

it's @ the beginning of ep24...and a time leap after it where DC works @ the junkyard...

ep23 started when DC got disowned by his mother...they ran away, visited YR's mother's grave site, spend a day @ the public market, the whole episode was sort of dedicated to DC/YR and the classic beach scene and their confession of love to each other...

i'm missing EOE and having fisherman's couple withdrawal :(

I think when it broadcasts in Japan, they are going to do some editing to cut the time down for each episodes as I think the timeslot for Japanese episodes tends to be shorter. I wonder how much edits they will do. Will be curious what gets cut ;)

Archived