San Diego Love

Guest axel1238

Guest axel1238

What was it sooooo cold on Wednesday?!!! which is the day i posted this haha. So weird the days before were so hot >,< then it gets chilly. <3 San Diego weather haha.

I havent been here in awhile. Does anyone know of any events in the near future going down in SD? Any events at all.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest erure

^Yeah I had on a T-shirt and shorts that day and as I'm waiting for the shuttle, it starts to DRIZZLE! I was shivering in the cold and sprinkling rain -.- After my biochemistry lecture I couldn't take it anymore so I went back home and changed my clothes. THEN it became warm. WTH. Well at least it's not hot anymore...

Guest resa_massu

im so over the sd weather, i want it to stay colr or warm.

it makes me sick xD but its getting warmer so im happy.

warm weather = beach time (8

well we have comic con this summer... but thats all i know for events.

Guest HERMIT

I havent been here in awhile. Does anyone know of any events in the near future going down in SD? Any events at all.

There's all kinds of events going on in San Diego throughout the year to suit all tastes.

You can view a comprehensive listing here: Annual San Diego Events

Some to note:

- Through most of June and early July, the San Diego County Fair will once again be in full swing up in the Del Mar Fairgrounds

- As Resa mentioned, there's the Comic Con coming in July. If you're seriously interested in going, I highly recommend getting your tickets now as they get sold out pretty quickly.

- The Over the Line (OTL) Tournament staged at Fiesta Island during the month of July is also pretty popular, particularly with the beach crowd.

- In August, there's the annual Street Scene music festival held at Qualcomm Stadium. Lots of music acts and loads of people usually come from everywhere to attend this event.

- Then you have a variety of street fairs at a number of communities - such as the Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook off in late June and the Adams Avenue Street Fair in September.

- And in October, there's the week-long San Diego Asian Film Festival held at the Hazard Center UltraStar Cinemas. I particularly look forward to this event to check out all the recently released Asian films on the big screen as well as see/meet some of the Asian and Asian-American celebrities that attend the event to promote their films. Last year we had celebs such as James Kyson Lee and George Takei (Heroes), John Cho (Harold and Kumar), Roger Fan (Better Luck Tomorrow), Sung Kang and Leonardo Nam (F&F: Tokyo Drift), and Aaron Yoo (21, Disturbia) ... to name a few. :)

Guest claire.rawr

COLLEGE KIDSSS... SUN GOD on the 16thh LOL

anywhoo... do you guys know any good ktv places? i was told that there are two over at convoy. i really don't know though.

are they good? cheap priced? bleeeh.

Guest claire.rawr

yeeea..... i'm still debating if i should waste 35 for the day stuff and skip out on the concert....

sucks i dont go to ucsd :CCC oh well.

Guest aznfury

hi all .. i dont come on much but im happy to see a San Diego thread here on soompi :) btw my name is Brian and am from the south bay area... nice to meet you guys!

Guest resa_massu

the line up this year for sungod isnt all that great T__T

im not even going to bother going this year.

you dont know anyone at ucsd that will get you in for free?

Guest claire.rawr

how are they supposed to get me in for free? isn't it undergrads only that are free? T___T

i mean, my bf is willing to pay but.... if i can get in for free then GREAT. x]

also.. is it the day activities that are free? and the concert is what you have to pay for?

cuz we're thinking about bailing out of the concert.

Guest erure

I'm pretty sure that there is no way to get in Sun God for free unless you are a student at UCSD. They scan ID cards and all that so... Kind of wish I could just give my place to someone since I don't go to them -.-;;

Guest resa_massu

i didnt know they scan the ids cards. lol xD

cause i was willing to let someone borrow it.

but i guess not, thats too bad xD xD

anyone here been to la jolla cove yet?

Guest claire.rawr

the la jolla cove is the beach right? next to all the restaurants and bars (i think) ?

if so.. i have. LOL it's really nice at night.. surprisingly the water was HELLA warm when i went in it.. even though it was pretty cold in the air... but again, i was there in the middle of the night.

i might go back again. :]

Guest resa_massu

yeah thats place... it has the seals, which i didnt see but that besides the point.

i didnt go into the water cause i was by the rocks. it's actually a really nice place.

i was really really suprised, definately somewhere i'd want to do again.

it's going to be hot again this weekend you guys, so prepare yourself xD

a side note, it's going to be nice weather for sungod whoever plans to go lol.

Guest loveartiste

OoOOoh doode,

coming in here & reading all the posts makes me reminisce T_T

i moved away from SD last year. TT_TT

18 years in SD & now i'm in a dump. [sorry fresno natives]

Hermit, you're a tour guide! LOL.

ooOOooh the cove! my grandma lives in LJ so im a beach bum.

but there's no beach in Fresno.

:[

& about Sun God, my bf goes to UCSD & he's going for free.

but the line-up aint that good so I wouldn't go anyways. LOL

but i'll be in LA for a program during summer, so its SD every weekend!!

:] yaaaaay!

Guest HERMIT

OoOOoh doode,

coming in here & reading all the posts makes me reminisce T_T

i moved away from SD last year. TT_TT

18 years in SD & now i'm in a dump. [sorry fresno natives]

Wow, you're in Fresno now?

It sounds like you were in the same shoes I was when I was your age.

It's funny because instead of the 'kid' going away for college, it was my entire family leaving me instead.

I was about 20 and attending UCSD when my folks decided to move up to Fresno back in the late 1980's. But since I wanted to stay for school, I was left behind. Fortunately, I had an aunt and uncle that I could live with while I finished up my college career.

How in the world did you end up in the armpit of California?!

Guest loveartiste

Wow, you're in Fresno now?

It sounds like you were in the same shoes I was when I was your age.

It's funny because instead of the 'kid' going away for college, it was my entire family leaving me instead.

I was about 20 and attending UCSD when my folks decided to move up to Fresno back in the late 1980's. But since I wanted to stay for school, I was left behind. Fortunately, I had an aunt and uncle that I could live with while I finished up my college career.

How in the world did you end up in the armpit of California?!

LOL. XD.

I moved to Fresno exactly one month after my 18th birthday.

I left my senior year during second semester.

I basically had no choice. LOL. I was dragged to Fresno.

Yea, it sucked. Actually, I'm living with really weird circumstances.

When I say weird, believe me, it is weird.

but I don't want to post my life up on soompi. XD.

You're family left you? At least you had someone to stay with.

I didn't want to be a burden to anyone. I have older brothers in

SD, but they're in college & i couldn't possibly ask for assistance.

So i bit the bullet & now I'm in Fresno, suffering. LOL.

I miss SD everyday. Yes, everyday.

When I lived in SD, I went out like every day.

Now, I'm a bum. Just go to school & come back home.

There's nothing to do in Fresno & if there is, I have

to drive forever & I ain't gunna waste the gas. Ha.

• 2 months later...
Guest Inevitable

okay i'm getting desperate and this is a longshot but if there's any place I should look for this, it'd be here

does anyone know where I can get 팥빙수 (patbingsoo) in San Diego!?!?!

I'm about 90% sure there's a place somewhere in SD that serves it!

looks something like this

28733824ye5.jpg

------

oh and are there any korean music stores around? Zion doesn't have much of a selection

Guest Inevitable

I don't know if it's new but I spotted a Pinkberry on my way to comic-con 2 days ago

I can't remember what street it was on (probably 6th, 5th, or 4th) but it's right across the street from the convention center near the trolley

just giving a heads up to you froyo lovers and curious hungry people!

Archived