San Diego Love

Guest axel1238

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the newly-opened "Cafe Venti" place, in the little strip mall that includes the Arrirang House and Crab Shack. Across the street and roughly a short half block north on Convoy from the Tapioca Express/Yogurt World strip mall.

It seems to be a pretty chill place. I don't know how busy the place must get at night, since my friend and I went during the day when it was pretty quiet. Unlike Tapioca Express, I don't think they really specialize in boba drinks - but they have an assortment of teas, coffees, smoothies, and shaved ice drinks to choose from. They also have a decent food menu, offer yogurt, and boasts some pretty decorative desserts on display (although probably pricey, given their small size).

The proprietors were pretty nice to us - they gave my friend and I some "freebies" like toast w/jelly and samples of their green tea yogurt to enjoy with the hot tea that we ordered. Definitely a place that I'd like to go back to again.

Guest axel1238

I havent posted in this section in quite a while, I didnt even get that hair cut from moga salon awhile back on my earlier posts lol. G_G But I have come up with an interesting idea for this San Diego thread.

There are several people in this forum from San Diego I would guess and every one of us go out to different places, some places that some of us have not even heard of. It can be a..

-clothing store

-hobby store

-pet store

-toy store

-hair salon

-theater

-park/beach

-what ever you can think of..

and we would critique that store or place writing down our personal comments about that place. This would give people new ideas on where to go or avoid and it would also give a chance for people to suggest places to go to. Ideally a person would write down his experience when he gets home from experiencing that place and post it here which would give him a fresh memory to recall back on. It would also be fun to look at other peoples comments upon going to that place.

Guest claire.rawr

oooh.

I'm not from SD but my boyfriend is.

he's planning to show me around when I go down next next weekend.

can I put in my 2 cents too?

:]

Guest axel1238

^ of course you can haha. the more the better. let me start it off..

Tapioca Heaven - Mira Mesa Blvd.

About - A place mainly for boba drinks. Also serves coffee and snacks.

Environment - Indoors, dim lighted area and can only fit around 20 people max. It's a pretty small place but quiet and calm. Parking outside is kind of a squeeze sometimes but you'll have parking most of the time you come there.

Service - As usual the employees for this boba shop are mostly girls. You will have your order within minutes.

*comments*

Pro's : This is a boba place I would go to if I want a quick boba and want some relaxation. You can bring your laptop here because they have wireless internet. You can enjoy being with a few friends here as well but I think it would be awkward with more than 3. The workers are cute ;]. Boba tastes good. They are also going to extend it in the near future so that they can have some sort of yogurt world like dispenser inside.

Con's: The only con that I could think of is that the place is so small. You can only walk about 15 feet from the door to the back wall and the width of the store is just about 7 feet from where the customers can walk.

Replay Value - I would go here again but i wouldnt go out of my way just to go to this certain boba store.

(it would be nice if everyone had theirs formatted like this so it would be an easy read every time or unless theres a better way of categorizing it) enjoy ^_^

Guest claire.rawr

^ PSH no.

summer all year round? i wish.

especially depending WHERE in CA.

i dont live in SD but im pretty sure it gets crappy cold and rainy there.

><

I also wonder if that tap place is near my bfs place.

i would definitely want to try that out...

and see cute girls.

and block my bfs eyes from them. xDDDD

i'll see if i can find it. ^^

^ PSH no.

summer all year round? i wish.

especially depending WHERE in CA.

i dont live in SD but im pretty sure it gets crappy cold and rainy there.

Yes, it does depend upon where you live. I have folks that live in central California and I've been to the Bay Area during the winter time. And I can easily say, the northern part experiences more seasonal changes in weather than So. Cal. It gets cold in San Diego and it does get its share of rain - but it's not as cold, nor do the rains remain seemingly as long as up in the northern and central regions.

Guest Juliang

spicy chicken at tapex is THE best :D

Mmmm... the Calamari snack is good as well. I might get some after work.

Anyways, yes, I go to Convoy a lot. My little sister loves it there so I drive her around there all the time. Fav places of hers has to be WOW. I think I took a bazzillion pictures with her already o_o. I also go to Mits. marketplace for my bento lunches and hair products.

Oh yeah, they're opening a new Yogurt World in Mira Mesa next to Rite Aid.

Guest resa_massu

lol Convoy is where all the asian hang out. im there like weekly XD

i like going to Daiso for all the randoms things i need.

malls... i usually go to them all. they are opening up a hollister at fashion.

i got to Tea and More for my boba needs.

its right by 99 Ranch. I like the tea and milk tea there.

Guest heechulism

I've been to Convoy a few times, mainly Tapioca Express and some random Karaoke places. I go to Mitsuwa a couple of times a month for magazines and manga. I didn't even know there was a Korean store on the same street, I'll definitely have to check that out. :)

When it comes to malls, I usually just stick to Parkway Plaza since it's close and has my favorite stores (Tilly's, Hollister, No Fear) but I go to Mission Valley for movies, since Regal Cinema is pretty bad.

lol Convoy is where all the asian hang out. im there like weekly XD

i like going to Daiso for all the randoms things i need.

malls... i usually go to them all. they are opening up a hollister at fashion.

i got to Tea and More for my boba needs.

its right by 99 Ranch. I like the tea and milk tea there.

i was hoping they will have a hollister there at fashion..i usually have to go to utc or plaza bonita...i admit i love fashion valley but they've been opening pricey designer stores...

Guest Oscar The GolDfisH

you can try the otay ranch mall.. they have hollister too..

fashion doesn't have hollister? i thought they did?? haven't been there in a long time..

Guest *frutti

anyone been to "vogue collections" next to tapioca express in convoy...

how's the clothes selection + price?

i went there last week...a lot of the stuff looks forever 21ish (maybe better quality though?) but for a higher price...it's not THAT pricey but the lowest priced -thing i saw there was $15 i think. a lot of the jackets and shirts are $20-30 and pants were a bit pricier i think.

Guest Oscar The GolDfisH

has anyone been to buffalo exchange downtown or pb?

are they picky when it comes to buying clothes you wanna sell to them? how are they with customer service?

Guest clee86

has anyone been to buffalo exchange downtown or pb?

are they picky when it comes to buying clothes you wanna sell to them? how are they with customer service?

I think they are pretty picky, they don't take just anything. service is alright, pretty typical i think at least the one in pb.

Guest erure

Hehe I live in San Diego as well - I'm a 2nd year at UCSD (Sixth College) >_<

Convoy is nice... I need to find places to chill out though because it seems like I'm always going to the same places and doing the same things. I love going to downtown La Jolla but parking there is pretty much impossible ._.

We should have a soompi meet at the zoo or something :lol:

Archived