San Diego Love

Guest axel1238

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aznfury

I finally went to the Cabrillo Lighthouse this past weekend. It is so beautiful! The view of San Diego bay is amazing. I can't believe I waited this long to go there and I have lived here all my life .. lol

Guest lokkita

whats hot in the coronado area?

besides the beach? The best pizza is at a cute little place called Village Pizzeria. Try their 'hippie pizza'!

And then go to Mootime for milkshakes. Yumm!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Courtknee

Then you have the Mission & Garnet Ave area over in Pacific Beach or the Newport Avenue section of Ocean Beach. Again both places offer you an eclectic selection of places to eat and go out drinking - with the backdrop of the beach and Pacific ocean to enjoy - either along the boardwalk in PB or on the fishing pier of OB. In OB, you also have the nearby Sunset Cliffs that you can kick it with your significant other watching the sun set over the ocean; while in PB, you have the historic roller coaster in Belmont Park and other fair-type amusements and recreational areas.

I LOVE Newport in OB. So many unique stores, you can just browse around for hours. All the people are very friendly too :]

You can walk straight down, and right there, is the beach. Out of all the beaches in San Diego, I go to Ocean Beach the most.

Walking around Downtown at night is awesome. It can get pretty crowded but it's very interesting :3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Inevitable

how far away is convoy from ucsd's main campus?

i don't have a car, planning on taking the bus..

I'd say it's about 9 miles

Guest HERMIT

how far away is convoy from ucsd's main campus?

i don't have a car, planning on taking the bus..

Yes, by car it's roughly 9 miles away.

By bus, it's a little different, of course.

But from UCSD, you can try taking route 41 (headed to Fashion Valley) and then transferring to route 44 @ Genessee/Clairemont Mesa Blvd (headed to Old Town). You get off on Convoy St./Clairemont Mesa Blvd. The trip could take you roughly a little under 1 hour.

Once off the bus, you simply walk down Convoy about 3-6 blocks, depending upon where you want to go.

Guest aznfury

Anyone ever try getting that 팥빙수 at that little ice cream parlor place at Zion?

I remember someone asking a place to get 팥빙수 here in this forum.. i wonder if anyone found any other spots that sell it?

I heard it's a lot like Filipino Halo Halo desert.

Guest sukiyakiyamy;~;

Woo go SD! :D

Lived there all my life except for 1 year [born in fountain valley, orange county. so spent that first year there]

Well, the beaches are gorgeous, La Jolla is cool.. the rocks and caves and all that are fun.

Meh, SD can get soo boring though.. like there's nothing that fun to do..going to malls and that are ok I guess xP

I like Horton Plaza, UTC, Spring Valley, Chula Vista Mall, Plaza Bontia, and Plaza Americas malls. :P

It seems like everywhere I go though I get bored.. Like when I think of places to go in SD all I can think of is a mall, downtown, or beach. Does anyone know any cool places to go? o: [hopefully free..? :P unless its places to buy then idc xD]

Lol, I still think SD is the best city out there though :P [except for like NYNY, LA[maybe], SF.]

Guest hannieoon

OOo!! Helloooo San Diegans!

I used to hate it here but after going to New York, I really appreciate SD sooooo much more. I had about four

weeks of snow and it was too much. lol

I love the beaches, the weather (wish it would rain sometimes... remember El Nino like ten years ago?), the food.

It's soo much laid back than LA. The beaches in LA are nice but it's so manicured.

Have you guys been in Mission Point? It's in Mission Bay, past Belmont park. The sand is so much more softer than

the one in La Jolla and there not as many people. I went to a bonfire there and had a blast.

And i'm interested in finding a place for 팥빙수 as well! Let us know if you know any places :D

Guest aznfury

omg i remember that el nino! my street was about ankle deep in water!

Wow mission point?! I never been there! Haha that's sad too becasue i've lived here my entire life of 26 years :P

I'll check it out later today ^^

Guest kimbomynizzo

After turning 21 a couple months back, San Diego is beginning to tell me that nightlife here is just too great. :D

Best places to hit up to dance ( I personally like electro, hiphop/grime occasionally ) that I frequent.

- U-31 in Northpark

- Voyeur in Gaslamp

- Pacific Beach Bar n Grill in Pacific Beach

- SPIN in Middletown

- On Broadway in Downtown

Worse Experience : BELO in Downtown. Oh god does this place lack any taste of music, not to mention it smells =(

If you ever needa do research on certain places to checkout in SD, just try yelp http://www.yelp.com/sandiego

Guest Kaze Hime

Wow. You guys make me want to hurry up and grow up so I can drive to some of these places. XD Yea, it seems like you guys all live in the cool places. I live in Mira Mesa and there's not really anything cool I can talk about >.>

Guest my.name.is.nine

anyone here going to world of dance tour on august 29? it's at the convention center. ^^

i'll make a post with the promotion.. ^^

Guest kimbomynizzo

Wow. You guys make me want to hurry up and grow up so I can drive to some of these places. XD Yea, it seems like you guys all live in the cool places. I live in Mira Mesa and there's not really anything cool I can talk about >.>

haha. enjoy your youth miss. I grew up in mira mesa too! since it seems like your only in highschool, just find a good staple of friends, n' just chillaxin'! you're time of true partying will come after highschool, when you work/study all day, and party all night.

Guest HERMIT

Hey fellow San Diego folks, the SD Asian Film Festival will be coming up in October for about a two week run - 10/15 through 10/29. Mark your calendars, it's never too early to start planning and saving up to watch quality programming of a variety of asian films to watch on the big screen. It's centrally located at the Hazard Center UltraStar Cinemas in Mission Valley (just off the Hwy 163 @ Friars Road). Aside from the movies themselves, there are all kinds of other attractions to enjoy as well, such as award ceremonies, parties, live music, and best of all - celebrity appearances!

Check out the website for more info: SDAFF

And here's a link to last year's website to give you a taste of what the festival is like, if you've never been to one: SDAFF 2008

Archived