Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

@ElinaG, thanks for the info, I'll further explore MyDramaList, it looks interesting. :)>- I agree with both you and @QuercusL about young JJM, he was already practicing his trademark intense stare in his first dramas. As to the looks, my bad, why did I start talking at all of flower boys? There wasn't such species back then, only regular young men. :D
@QuercusL, you're lucky again, with Friend 2 showing on TV. :)
@joyoflife77, I don't know if you've seen Happy end, but the exploration there wasn't only oral.. :\"> About the "something like a kiss" in EK, I'm sure it wasn't JJM's fault, but PD's, since both HJW and JJM know how to do it properly.
Don't you think, gals, it's about time to see JJM in another R-rated movie with a WOMAN? He's been bromancing for too long now. Hahaha, @sarah.lina, if I remember it correctly, JJM caught cold in Thailand during the filming of the scene he was running through something like a swamp. I don't know how he passed the cold to SSH though. :D I'm joking, I greatly enjoyed their bromance on and off cam. ;))

Guest ElinaG

JJM took really long vacation. It is about time to show up with some project. Personally I decided that I want him in action movie with some romance. Or romantic drama in style of So Ji Sub's "Always", Jung Woo Sung's "A moment to remember" etc. I mean, something with him in the center, attractive, interesting, remarkable. And lots of frame time, not side job :(

Ladies... i'm watching Punch and... I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!... perfect way to wait for JJM's come back.. he's so cute, adorable and i'm already rooting for his character... however i'm sensing the noble idiocy coming... the one that @anjshin & @ElinaG talked about. Is it only me or we can't even notice the 10 years gap between Joo Jin Mo & Shin Min Ah!

@joyoflife77 : He's actually "moving" in EK :-B but like @meelis said the cameraman was drooling over that scene hence the camera tilted towards his shoulder... that's my best explanation :))

@meelis : "the exploration here wasn't only oral" i'm crying of lauhter =)) =)) =)) =)) what i was shocked, it was Jeon Do Hyeon first bedscene in movies... so Joo Jin Mo was her first (knowing all the r-rated movies that she shot) :D
But a r-rated movie for his comeback with a woman... i'm in, but only if the plot is good... i'm not parrticarly keen of free sex (well JJM will be in it so... i can try to be less severe :)) )

@QuercusL : WOW so glad to know they will broadcast it.

Guest meelis

LOL, @sarah.lina, we're again at the same wavelength, I finished watching Punch yesterday (though I've to admit with some more FF action), and I LOVED IT too. :D Plus, as you said, JJM is so cute in it, and young, and vulnerable. Also so good and expressive (in particular as compared to the other actor who is awfully wooden). I won't comment on the plot in order to not spoil it for you. Have a nice watch. :)>-
EDIT:Oh, about the R-rated scenes, I agree, I'm not in favor of gratuitous sex either, but such scenes can be really powerful if they add to the plot (p.ex. the R-rated scenes in AFF could be cut at least by half, not to mention they were too staged at the difference of those in Happy end which felt so real... I got carried away... As opposed, the sex scenes in Lust, Caution, for instance, were all meaningful, but it was Ang Lee there)..

@meelis : Thank you! about the awfully wooden actor *cough* singer *cough* he's better with his main job and should just stick with it.

And give me another actor that dances like that.... with feelings!!!!!!!!!! it's really rare even idols don't dance with the feelings like that... i want a dancing JJM for his come back!!!!! [i'm giving the link of the gifs i'm talkin' about in order to not slow down the thread]
http://joojinmoformula.tumblr.com/post/94898309446

Guest meelis

Oh, oh, sorry, I didn't even know he wasn't an actor, I'm not very well acquainted with Korean music... I only knew I hadn't seen him before in a movie or drama..
Yes, that dance was great, in fact much better that the dances in the movie Dance, Dance which were awful (so it wasn't JJM's fault)... :D
A dancing Jin Mo?  ;)) Why not. With the way he looks now, I can perfectly picture him dancing a passionate tango... :x

Guest minnie0103

sarah.lina

said:

@meelis : I already have the synopsis for the movie/drama. Somewhere in the mountain lives a strange man, that people commonly calls "monster" for his rough look and suspicious behaviors. One day, a female researcher fall in a trap that the monster has set....  8-} 8->

Title : Monster in Mountain, Our Living Legend
Director : meelis
Scriptwriter : Salomon
Production : CJ Entertainement
Starring :
Joo Jin Mo - Monster
[still casting] - Female Researcher =)) =))

Guest anjshin

@sarah.lina: enjoy watching punch dear, :D ;;)

Since you ladies are wishing for Tango scene, I would like to push a petition again to see him in an old school western clothes then doing the waltz :x :x :P

@minnie01033 : Of course, you will be the one that will try to cast HJW in this one... so that we can have proper romance with her and i'm actually curious to watch HJW as a female researcher!!!!!!!

@meelis : agree Lust, Caution bedscenes were all meaningfull... but there were REAL, well one of them... i read that somewhere i don't even remember where. For the wooden actor, i'm like you and i already know who i will FF if it continues like this... i'm always in the urge of FF his scenes, but i try my best to be patient :D
About Happy End :

I think it was a real one too (i'm talking about the first one)... he's wearing a condom...

@anjshin : like the one that @meelis posted just above?... well if it's western he better let his shirt half unbuttoned, with some hair in front of his face and doing the waltz, ok i'm loosin' it 8-}
btw i understand you now, when you talked about punch, i'm melting everytime he's on the screen.

@QuercusL‌ he's checked, Joo Jin Mo fans at Soompi :D

@meelis~~~

Thank you very much for the photos!! I love the photos of young JJM!! I also loved your comments.  Yes, he was never flower-boyish during his 20s.  

Here is a photo from Queen of the Game.  I wonder which website he was checking 

;)
MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES!

Guest meelis

What really strikes me in Punch is that JJM looks so young there, based on looks only, I simply can't believe it was filmed years after Happy end, Wanee and Junah, Musa or even Sad temptation. I would think it was his first drama. :) Maybe it's because he has lost weight for the role.
EexnbI.jpg© as labeled

Wow, @sarah.lina,

so you think it was real sex in Happy end? I'll have to re-watch that scene for research purposes. 

:D What I know is it was so realistic, doesn't look choreographed at all as in most such scenes, as if the director told the actors: You've got 5 minutes, do it like you'd do it in real life. Plus, it looks not edited, but one long long take.

@meelis : agreed JJM really looks so young in there, like i said, he looks the same age as Shin Min Ah even though they are 10 years apart!!!!!! not that i think  he looks older now, he looks younger than any other actor in his age range, funnily enough he looks younger with a beard and less weights, generally you look younger without beard and with more weight. JJM is defying the laws of physics! :))

about Happy End it was stated as "one of the most controversial Korean films ever made!"...  beware those who are under 18 or 21 LOL

The first time i saw it, my first reaction was... it's a real one, a long one that they cut in two scenes, one in the beginning and in the last half, you can notice the condom and like you said it wasn't choregraphed...  i don't know how to explain it, either their acting is off the charts or it's real one, but i've watched all her other movies and her bedscenes don't look as real as this one. In my opinion there is 99% of chance that the director wanted a real one. And i think it's because of that Joo Jin Mo stopped doing bedscenes, for a movie actor like him, it's really rare in 15 years that he didn't have a bedscene at all... well with a woman. And it's because of that Kim Seo Yeon didn't act in a movie for a long time before Gabi, she was afraid of getting one.... oh well whatever i'm still not so sure.
@ElinaG : Lust, Caution was rumored to be a real one :)

Guest ElinaG

@meelis, you are right about Punch. JJM looks young and cute there. I loved his light and cheerful character.
about bed scene in Happy End, it was realistic, but not real, no way! I think, you can see from their angles that they are not "connected". sorry, don't how to say it another way :) for me it looked very much the same as in Tony Lung's Lust.

I took it from Ha Ji Won Soompi Thread posted by JacquelinQ

HIGH CUT Vol 131 [14.08.07] released The 50 Highest Grossing Box Office Stars for the past 10 years

tumblr_n9xzky0e8S1rcoad1o1_1280.jpg

1. Song Kang Ho 64,449,651
2. Sol Kyung-gu 45,529,877
3. Seung-yong Ryoo 45,257,049
4. Oh dal Su 44,196,146
5. Kim Yun-seok 39,220,820
6. Ha Jeong-woo 38,837,912
7. Jeong Jae-yeong 37,418,233
8. Kim Hye-soo 34,740,998
9. Park Hae-il 33,549,037
10.Lee Jung-jae 33,485,947
11.Lee Byung-hun 31,652,356
12.Hwang Jung-min 30,508,726
13.Uhm Jung-hwa 28,098,937
14.Kim Su-mi 28,066,484
15.Ryoo Seung-bum 27,726,728
16.Yun-shik Baek 26,530,245
17.Ha Ji-won 26,420,065   
18.Jun Ji-hyun 24,035,607
19.Won bin 23,522,017
20.Yu Hae-jin 23,384,159
21.Jang Dong-gun 22,701,696
22.Sung Dong II 22,566,289
23.Jung Woo-sung 22,346,215
24.Kang Dong-won 21,986,108
25.Cha tae hyun 21,499,738
26.Han Hyo Joo 21,432,272
27.Jeong Jin-yeong 20,323,286
28.Lee Joon-gi 20,255,640
29.Son Ye-jin 20,032,399
30.Kim Soo-hyun 19,942,413
31.Shin Ha-kyun 19,939,688
32.Park Bo-young 18,100,273
33.Cha Seung-won 17,889,849
34.Ju Jin-mo 17,827,685
35.Park Joong-hoon 17,661,184
36.Choi Min-sik 17,355,863
37.Kam Woo-sung 17,174,699
38.Han Suk-kyu 16,958,006
39.Shin Hyun-jun 16,915,385,
40.Jo Seung-woo 16,756,442
41.Kim Myung Min 16,562,901
42.Lim Chang-jung 16,464,216
43.Im Su-jeong 16,425,237
44.Shim Eun Kyeong 16,309,736
45.Jung Joon-ho 16,081,746
46.Kim Sang-Kyung 15,945,742
47.Ahn Sung-ki 15,781,618
48.Kim Jung Tae 15,509,669
49.Bae Doona 15,472,650
50.Kim Hae-sook 15,332,105

cr: BaiduHHJ

(taken frm hjw Indonesia Fans Club facebook)

COVER CREDIT