Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

The 10 most heart-wrenching K-dramas from recent years

Are you someone who is more intrigued by sad K-dramas than the happier, more lighthearted ones? Then this list is perfect for you! Whether you want a series that lets you cry your eyes out or one that is darker and deals with more complicated emotions and people, we have a list of 10 K-dramas from recent years that will speak to you. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

2. My Love Eun Dong

635467cd-98f3-45c9-bccc-326de220c71a.jpg

A first love that is separated comes together again, only to be taken away from each other again with another set of sad circumstances. The most heartbreaking thing about this show is all the lies that are told to the female lead about her life and history. They create so much heartache not only for her, but for her first and true love as well as her son. The missed opportunities will have you weeping for what could have been. The series also doesn't shy away from tackling heavy subjects and never resorts to tying things in a neat bow just for the sake of a happy ending. 

source : dramafever

• Like 2

Hi lucy, thanks for sharing this video. I know this movie, "A Better Tomorrow" is a remake. But then again, I’ve never seen the original in its entirety. But, I know that the remake is not better than the original. But, this movie looks and sounds great and the actors do their job. I’m not a film snob at all who is totally against remakes. I wouldn’t be against the idea of anyone remaking

anything..... This movie has the same exact plot outline as the original. But, there are some drastic differences within the story. Still, the overall movie is slick. All in all, the remake is enjoyable and fun to watch. :P  

• Like 1

Hi lucy, thanks for sharing this video. I know this movie, "A Better Tomorrow" is a remake. But then again, I’ve never seen the original in its entirety. But, I know that the remake is not better than the original. But, this movie looks and sounds great and the actors do their job. I’m not a film snob at all who is totally against remakes. I wouldn’t be against the idea of anyone remaking

anything..... This movie has the same exact plot outline as the original. But, there are some drastic differences within the story. Still, the overall movie is slick. All in all, the remake is enjoyable and fun to watch. :P  

Me too, I liked the K version, you're right about cinema snobs all ranting it was much worse that the original, but maybe because I was never fan of it (there are way better HK flicks, including John Woo's), I think it was a decent movie per se. 

Thanks for the article about MLE, although they made it look like the most depressing drama ever, which it's definitely not.:P BTW, it started airing in Japan 2 days ago and @QuercusL said that it will be aired in Taiwan as of 2 November. I hope it will be well received. 

@lucy13880, haha, desperate or not, as long as we're still here, it's fine.:)

Has anyone seen this in bigger size:

Q4t40T.jpg

And also higher quality versions of these (maybe from a magazine?? not sure)

Ug48wE.jpgxqyvl0.jpg

Zfv2yF.jpg

6G81j6.jpgpJI97i.jpg

Many pics ahead of souvenirs with JJM's face sold in Japan (cups, key holders, mirrors, socks, pens, bags and other objects which purpose is unknown to me:D)

2vpt8D.jpgc1OVQ7.jpg

mAfb9R.jpg

o7tNsP.jpgg2xl4O.jpg

W8AfUg.jpgvgxNlc.jpgdKABsa.jpgIPfqOw.jpgUfe26o.jpgcXGNaI.jpg1rnG7K.jpg1bduW0.jpgQvRTNB.jpg12Gu50.jpg5nVEsE.jpgfYddjT.jpgi0LpMY.jpgvy58PZ.jpgZMJCbu.jpgUDnoMj.jpgAFIYod.jpgC0LOHU.jpglbHf6m.jpg1d4avF.jpg36J76w.jpg0r4VoZ.jpg

Edited by meelis

@meelis where did you find the first pic? Judging from his face and hair style, it looks like shoot in this two years.

Here's a bts pic of young Joo Jin Mo shooting MV

Do you mean this one, Lucy?

Q4t40T.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly, but I was raiding Japanese sites and blogs recently, so it must be from there, maybe some prom pic for the fan club? I'll check later if I've bookmarked it. But you're right, it must be recent.

Oh, that's my favorite MV, beatiful song and video (but a sad love story again...)

Looks like JJM's pics as Lawson's prize to customers?

LMAO.... That's what I understand with the google translate too.:D And it was end of May O.O  So many things happen that we aren't aware of...

@willenette thank you for that article. but I think Empress Ki should be in No. 1 spot for the most heart-wrenching drama (for me).. that Episode 50 is the most painful and traumatic episode ever in any K Drama I've ever watched. (I also don't agree with the description there) oops I'm sorry for reminding you again.

@meelis love those JJM stuff! lol... I would like to have that pillow and the cap with his autograph!  

Here, I have a poster :lol: A friend gave it to me as a gift

m4cb9He.jpg

The signature is edited :lol:

• Like 4