Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

WOW, @lucy13880, thank you for sharing the videos, great finds, I've never seen the first two. LOL at JJM's long hair. He's cute. :D

Sorry, can't remove the quotes...

Edited by meelis

Guest meelis

Anyway, resuming the posting of pics from my archive, I hope you don't mind. :)  (I really thought I've posted everything I had during the looooong 6 months we waited for his comeback last year, but I found this folder with pics that even I have forgotten about.)

Wfjm85.png

fAnR6c.png IkPuvI.png

Hello chingus!!! I miss JJM so bad!! :tears:

By the way here are my answers to the questionnaire

1. Which project do you want to see JJM in next? (Drama, Musical, Movie ect...)

Drama because it's more accessible, has more international reach and screentime for him. But a movie would be okay too, since I've never followed an upcoming movie project of him. A musical is not his forte, fewer people watch it. I want the project where he would be more popular.

2. Which genre do you want to see JJM in next?

Comedy or Action Thriller. No melodramas for me right now too. He's already proven himself in that genre. I agree he has great sense of humour so he should use it, he was effortlessly funny in Liar so I want comedy for a change, a break from all these drama and heartaches, lol. He's been playing heroic, noble roles lately so I want an antihero, a dark character so an action thriller would be great for him to show that side of him.

3. Do you have a drama or movie writer or director in mind for his next project?

The one with the Empress Ki writer but with a better ending for his character. I'm not familiar with writers, just anyone who will bring out the best in him, a project where his casting and talent would be worth it.

4. Which actors or actresses do you want to see him act alongside?

Actress: Any real actress out there, someone who can act, not just a pretty face. Actor: Hyun Bin 

5. [Betting question] In 2016, how many projects you forsee JJM in?

Maybe two projects.

:)

• Like 3

Guest meelis

What? What did you say?:crazy: Maybe the ahjussi JJM? Or.....

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/07/yoo-yeon-seok-considering-crime-solving-film-with-lee-sun-gyun/

"...Lee Sun Gyun will play the part of the king, while Yoo Yeon Seok will be his officer. Joo Jin Mo is currently being considered for the part of the villain. 

“The King’s Case Diary” will start filming in April 2016."

Guest meelis

^ wow a new movie? but which Joo Jin Mo? the ahjussi or the bae?? 

oh this is a new article. anyone can translate this? why is JJM mentioned? lol

Hi, @jei_em!

About the movie - most probably the ahjussi. I know JJM said he wanted a villain role, but don't think this is the one.

About the article - they're recycling the old news with the dating rumors about her and JJM, that they were caught after 5 months of dating, but their agencies denied, something like that.:lol: 

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/07/yoo-yeon-seok-considering-crime-solving-film-with-lee-sun-gyun/

"...Lee Sun Gyun will play the part of the king, while Yoo Yeon Seok will be his officer. Joo Jin Mo is currently being considered for the part of the villain. 

-0- Should be should be that ahjussi! Don't think the villain role is the lead.

• Like 1

OMG, this might be really our Joo Jin Mo, since the news also mentioned the JTBC drama "My Love Eundong":

http://www.newskm.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=4465

이들과 대립을 펼치게 될 악역에는 현재 주진모가 물망에 올라있다. 주진모는 최근 종영한 JTBC 드라마 ‘사랑하는 은동아’에서 한 여자를 향한 지고지순한 순애보를 펼쳐 연기 스펙트럼을 넓혔다는 평을 받은 바 있다.

Maybe the villain role is one of the main leads?

Edited by lyfuym

Guest meelis

OMG, this might be really our Joo Jin Mo, since the news also mentioned the JTBC drama "My Love Eundong":

이들과 대립을 펼치게 될 악역에는 현재 주진모가 물망에 올라있다. 주진모는 최근 종영한 JTBC 드라마 ‘사랑하는 은동아’에서 한 여자를 향한 지고지순한 순애보를 펼쳐 연기 스펙트럼을 넓혔다는 평을 받은 바 있다.

WOW, thank you, @lyfuym! So it's him indeed. I don't know if the villain is one of the leads, but I'm not sure it matters either, because if it's the type of villain role he wants, he'll take it anyway. I hope soon there'll be some news about the casting. 

WOW, thank you, @lyfuym! So it's him indeed. I don't know if the villain is one of the leads, but I'm not sure it matters either, because if it's the type of villain role he wants, he'll take it anyway. I hope soon there'll be some news about the casting. 

@meelis, I agree with you. Whether the villain is the main lead or not is not important, as long as it is a good role that can bring out the good acting of JJM. Taking Lee Jung Jae in the movie "The Face Reader" as an example, LJJ played a villain and there was not even much screen time for him, he won a Baeksang Arts Award  for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role and a Grand Bell Award for best popularity. I am happy for JJM if this is what he wants.

Edited by lyfuym
  • Like 1

Guest meelis

@meelis, I agree with you. Whether the villain is the main lead or not is not important, as long as it is a good role that can bring out the good acting of JJM. Taking Lee Jung Jae in the movie "The Face Reader" as an example, LJJ played a villain and there was not even much screen time for him, he won a Baeksang Arts Award  for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role and a Grand Bell Award for best popularity. I am happy for JJM if this is what he wants.

Exactly!

Although this project doesn't look so good. I don't know about the script, but the PD has directed only one movie, which was a flop (As One with Ha Ji Won and Bae Doo Na), so....

But let's worry about it when it's confirmed (if ever). I'm sure JJM isn't very happy with being mentioned in an article like that, because he/his agency never issues news about him considering a project, only when it's already confirmed. So I wouldn't be surprised if he rejects it only because of that. 

I am on the fence. Don't think this is an effective news. At least his agency didn't say anything. And not say the villain is not the key role in the webtoon. 

How ridiculous his casting news appears in other actor's casting news and only one sentence?

A villain as a change for acting is good but dude you should consider the cast and the director which now this one are both so so.

Edited by lucy13880
  • Like 4

Guest meelis

I am on the fence. Don't think this is an effective news. At least his agency didn't say anything. And not say the villain is not the key role in the webtoon. 

How ridiculous his casting news appears in other actor's casting news and only one sentence?

A villain as a change for acting is good but dude you should consider the cast and the director which now this one are both so so.

I know, right.........  Let's wait and see. 

Thank you in advance @lucy13880 for the Japanese interview's translation! ^^ As for King's Case Files just like how it was mentionned on Dramabeans:

"Some stories say that Joo Jin-mo is up to play the villain, but it’s only a brief mention and hasn’t been reported on extensively, so I’d take that with a grain of salt."

No word from Fantagio yet and knowing how JJM isn't the style to release not confirmed news, i'd take it with a grain of salt. I would bet for the production speeding up the contract's signature process, seems like JJM didn't gave his confirmation as of yet. That said I clearly don't exclude the possibility of him doing it. What we can expect now is that so far JJM has been unofficially linked to two villain roles in movies, I guess he's really targeting a villain role (which I'm all for it). I just wish it's for a better production, I truly can't talk about the Director, not enough works to let me talk about him, just not a fan about the premise nor the casting even if I love LSK.

Edited by salijoo
  • Like 4

Thank you in advance @lucy13880 for the Japanese interview's translation! ^^ As for King's Case Files just like how it was mentionned on Dramabeans:

"Some stories say that Joo Jin-mo is up to play the villain, but it’s only a brief mention and hasn’t been reported on extensively, so I’d take that with a grain of salt."

No word from Fantagio yet and knowing how JJM isn't the style to release not confirmed news, i'd take it with a grain of salt. I would bet for the production speeding up the contract's signature process, seems like JJM didn't gave his confirmation as of yet. That said I clearly don't exclude the possibility of him doing it. What we can expect now is that so far JJM has been unofficially linked to two villain roles in movies, I guess he's really targeting a villain role (which I'm all for it). I just wish it's for a better production, I truly can't talk about the Director, not enough works to let me talk about him, just not a fan about the premise nor the casting even if I love LSK.

Agree.

I also want to add that please choose good cast and director as your colleague while you are going to challenge your first villain. Check his previous movies when he was in the second lead place — JIS A Frozen Flower, CMS Happy End. For this cast, LSK and YYS main leads? No.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments, @salijoo, @lucy13880! Agree with both of you! BTW, where is Fantagio??? 

hah it's not a official cast news so Fantagio is missing.( You can compare it with MLED case. Fantagio had response while the casting news was out.)

Besides they are now only efficient in charging J-fansclub's membership fees and anything else?

Edited by lucy13880
  • Like 1