Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

1. Which project do you want to see JJM in next? (Drama, Musical, Movie ect...)

Realistic Indie film where JJM plays an everyday person who is going through a major crisis something along the line of Javier Bardem's role in Biutiful would suit him.  

2. Which genre do you want to see JJM in next?

Film noir, Thriller Suspense, Adventure Films, Mystery, 

3. Do you have a drama or movie writer or director in mind for his next project?

Park Chan Wook (Oldboy)

Lee Chang Dong (Peppermint Candy, Secret Sunshine)

Jacques Audiard (A Prophet)

Alejandro González Iñárritu (Biutiful, Babel)

Fernando Meirelles (City of God)

4. Which actors or actresses do you want to see him act alongside?

Anyone as good as JJM.

5. [Betting question] In 2016, how many projects you forsee JJM in?

I bet on one.  Probably a drama maybe another Sageuk.

Edited by Calphurnia2007
  • Like 5

Guest meelis

Thank you very much for your hard work, @salijoo! Your presentation of the results is fabulous!:wub:

Did some of the results surprise you, girls? I'm maybe only surprised by Kim Ki Duk's Real Fiction voted his worst project. And it's funny how his most low key project to date, My Love Eundong, claimed its place among his best works by winning in several categories. :)

Guest meelis

Because one Joo Jin Mo isn't enough;)

40THIN.png

(we need several of them - one to act in movies and dramas, one to go golfing, one to go fishing, one to attend events, one to get married and make babies etc.):lol:

Thank you very much for your hard work, @salijoo! Your presentation of the results is fabulous!:wub:

Did some of the results surprise you, girls? I'm maybe only surprised by Kim Ki Duk's Real Fiction voted his worst project. And it's funny how his most low key project to date, My Love Eundong, claimed its place among his best works by winning in several categories. :)

I found the results interesting.  Two projects seemed to stand out from the poll: A Frozen Flower and My Eun-Dong.   Another interesting result is that Gabi won a spot in two seemingly contrasting categories (favorable period movie and worst project).  Does it mean that JJM fans have a different taste from the general audience?   For me, the most surprising result is Empress Ki. I did not expect to see it in so many categories.  

Again, thank @Salijoo for the wonderful idea :wub:.  

@meelis: thank you for the multiple JJM images.  It is classy!  Love it :)! :)

Edited by QuercusL
  • Like 3

Thank you everyone!!! I'm glad that you're all pleased and yes, I didn't commented yet on the results. If that can help, I'll separe the results in two phases. The phase I was the early days of the poll's release, Gabi and Musa were always in the bad categories and My Love Eundong, A Frozen Flower were in the best. In the second phase, it changed, Flowers In Fog and Real Fiction received many votes for the bad categories and Fashion 70s (was first at some point) received many votes for some good categories. For the period drama, Bichunmoo and Empress Ki were in a tough battle too. Funningly  enough for the best chemistry category, Kim Ah-joong was winning from afar in the Phase I but at some point (a day after to be true) Jo In-sung received so many votes that it beat everyone.

Anyways, like you all said, My Love Eundong and A Frozen Flower stand out the most in this poll, it helps that My Love Eundong is his newest project and trendy melodrama so many people watched it. So you can really consider these two projects as of what people will associate him with. One is 2008 the other 2015, so it clearly took 7 years to achieve that. I hope that 2016 will be a bright year for him and the beginning of a winning streak.

-- JOO JIN-MO, FIGHTING! --

• Like 4

Guest meelis

Thank you for the comments, @QuercusL@salijoo, it's really interesting to see how different are different people's perceptions. Quite the opposite, I thought Empress Ki will rule in its categories, because many of the newer fans knew about JJM through this drama, but I guess it was overshadowed afterwards when they saw his older works. 

Because one Joo Jin Mo isn't enough;)

interesting photo deleted

(we need several of them - one to act in movies and dramas, one to go golfing, one to go fishing, one to attend events, one to get married and make babies etc.):lol:

LMAO love this view! And one to join social network again like twitter better insta.(but I know he's not good at taking pictures)

Quite the opposite, I thought Empress Ki will rule in its categories, because many of the newer fans knew about JJM through this drama, but I guess it was overshadowed afterwards when they saw his older works. 

Me too. Empress Ki surely has its place in his works. In some ways it gains some popularity for him. For the acting or the character itself, those who love the work will appreciate it in their ways. 

Anyways, like you all said, My Love Eundong and A Frozen Flower stand out the most in this poll, it helps that My Love Eundong is his newest project and trendy melodrama so many people watched it. So you can really consider these two projects as of what people will associate him with. One is 2008 the other 2015, so it clearly took 7 years to achieve that. I hope that 2016 will be a bright year for him and the beginning of a winning streak.

-- JOO JIN-MO, FIGHTING! --

Yup. A Frozen Flower definitely is his peak of actor career now. I wish he will find another AAF in his career. It's hard and not depends on himself only. The luck matters. And for My Love Eun Dong I think he succeed in refreshing viewers' immanent impression. It's common for veteran actors to try best to get rid of their character limitation after years of acting. Some may choose challenging characters while others try to return to themselves in other words not to use much acting skills just nature perform.

Edited by lucy13880
  • Like 2

Hi lucy, thanks for sharing the link. I guess he's talking here about his personal life......about when he meets someone special in the future. Looking forward for the day to come when there's someone special in his life who could take care of him & love him. :P

• Like 3

Hi lucy, thanks for sharing the link. I guess he's talking here about his personal life......about when he meets someone special in the future. Looking forward for the day to come when there's someone special in his life who could take care of him & love him. :P

lol If the translator's right he says he's like the servant of his lover when he's in love.:D

• Like 2

lol If the translator's right he says he's like the servant of his lover when he's in love.:D

Hi lucy, ye, he mentioned that, too. :P Lucky that special girl whoever she will be, huh? :D

• Like 2

I actually liked Real Fiction.  I even loved Musa.  I'm shocked that so many people voted My Love Eundong as one of his best.  I actually put that drama below Queen of the Game.

• Like 2

I actually liked Real Fiction.  I even loved Musa.  I'm shocked that so many people voted My Love Eundong as one of his best.  I actually put that drama below Queen of the Game.

Hi, actually, the genre that I love most is rom-com - hahaha (I'm a romantic person-).....2nd for me is thriller. I really don't dig historical genres but because of JJM I even tried watching MUSA & learned to like it. The reason why I don't like sageuk is because I'm always confused of the story - but this movie is actually quite simple to follow. The movie is wall-to-wall bloody combat. But, “Musa” for me is just too long. The long chase through the forest & the desert could have been trimmed for pacing. This doesn’t mean “Musa” is completely without merit. At least there was enough mind-numbing action to keep one entertained. :P But, if I were to choose among all his dramas, I guess I'd choose My Love Eundong, too. :D

• Like 3