Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

Thanks for the updates (or throwbacks :P ) friends. I've been busy with other stuff. I wonder how long will we wait until his new project. Lol. But wait, does JJM have a Twitter????? Do you have the link? 

Hi, @jei_em, no, he doesn't have twitter now (or any other SNS), this is from his old account in 2010 (or was it 2011), in any case he deleted it later. 

I hope we won't wait long, but who knows? :lol:

Guest Chrrriiistinee

Thanks for the updates (or throwbacks :P ) friends. I've been busy with other stuff. I wonder how long will we wait until his new project. Lol. But wait, does JJM have a Twitter????? Do you have the link? 

Hi, @jei_em, no, he doesn't have twitter now (or any other SNS), this is from his old account in 2010 (or was it 2011), in any case he deleted it later. 

I hope we won't wait long, but who knows? :lol:

Nice to see you @Chrrriiistinee, don't worry, enjoy your time with the family, it's the vacation period in most places, so nobody is very active right now, but I guess soon we'll be all back and we better have something more specific to discuss (if you know what I mean;)).

IKR, I love him in any shape, but those kgs in plus give him a certain gravitas that I find very attractive.

A GWTW throwback from me, just because I saw it in twitter posted by a Seohyun fan

(or maybe because their kisses were sweet, or because she's still my favorite among all JJM's recent female co-stars:P

iMrgur.png

Thank you @meelis  will be back very soon! (~2weeks?) haha but i will still reply and happy to help with anything! 

of course i know what you mean, we are all connected B)

Aghh! i miss the musical, he looks so great in those trench coats!! 

I wonder why did he delete his twitter acc? :( i knw he doesnt have any sns acc but i do hope he owns one. :( Ou

Now im nearly dead for waiting a comeback, trying to survive from re-watching Eun Dong ah. *sigh* hope theres something good news coming up. You know, our bae is full of surprises. A pekaboo master

Edited by Chrrriiistinee

Guest meelis

You may want to vote for JJM in this Japanese poll for K actors over 40 (born 1960-1975) in sageuks (go to the list after the presentation of the actors)

http://kandorajidaigeki.ranking100.net/韓国ドラマ時代劇 素敵なオジサマ俳優 ランキ/#PKgHR4y.twitter_tweet_count_m

d2Ie1k.jpg

⑦チュ・ジンモ 주진모 朱鎮模
生年月日: 1974年 8月 11日 身長 180cm 体重 72kg 血液型: O型
飛天舞(2008年 )ユ・ジナ役
奇皇后 (2013年)ワンユ役
2000年 第37回 大鐘賞映画祭 助演男優賞
2000年 KBS 演技大賞 新人賞
2003年 SBS 演技大賞 ドラマスペシャル部門 男優演技賞
2005年 SBS 演技大賞 10大 スター賞
2007年 第28回 青龍映画賞 人気スター賞
2007年 第1回大韓民国映画演技大賞 ベストカップル賞(カンナさん大成功です!」の共演女優キム・アジュンとともに)
2009年 第45回百想芸術大賞  映画部門・最優秀演技賞(男性)(「霜花店(サンファジョム) 運命、その愛」)
韓国内だけでなく日本を含めたアジア圏全体においても認知されている。甘いマスクと印象的な瞳を持った「花美男(イケメン)」と評される。またテコンドー公認3級、水泳、野球、スケート、乗馬等を習得しており、鍛えられた肉体と抜群のスタイルを合わせ持った俳優。

The google translation of his description is very funny, can't help but post it ;):lol::

In total Asia, including Japan not only in Korea and has been recognized. It is described as having a sweet mask and impressive pupil as "flower handsome (handsome)". The taekwondo certified tertiary, swimming, baseball, skating, has mastered the horse riding, etc., and had combined hardened body and preeminent style actor.

A GWTW throwback from me, just because I saw it in twitter posted by a Seohyun fan

(or maybe because their kisses were sweet, or because she's still my favorite among all JJM's recent female co-stars:P

Oh to talk about the musical Gone With The Wind, I've found the time of second round performance 2015.11.13 - 2016.1.31. But I don't think JJM will attend. :D

Check the resource http://musicalopening.com/220444706958 

• Like 4

Guest meelis

Oh to talk about the musical Gone With The Wind, I've found the time of second round performance 2015.11.13 - 2016.1.31. But I don't think JJM will attend. :D

Check the resource http://musicalopening.com/220444706958 

WOW, indeed... It'll have a rerun. Are they having auditions now? Maybe for the ensemble? In any case, I certainly hope JJM won't be in this, he made it clear that no more musicals for him.. And also I hope he'll be busy with other things at that time.;)

연예인들의 전역 정보
육군 - 유승호 등 / 특전사 - 우승민, 차인표, 김상경, 유오성, 최민식, 신정환 등
공군 - 박현빈, 염경환, 나훈아, 조인성 등
해군 - 김건모, 유상무, 이은결, 이루마, 이승훈, 지석진, 김용만, 심현섭 등
해병대 - 김상중(특수부대), 현빈, 남진, 오종혁, 김흥국, 최필립, 임채무, 임혁필, 이정, 정석원 등
의경 - 조승우, 류수영, 이제훈, 박기웅 등
전경 - 주진모 등
상근 - 연정훈 등
공익 - 소지섭, 조성모, 이성진, 김종국, 김종민, 이정진, 하하, 한재석, 고수, 이기찬, 이루, 김래원 등
면제 - 서태지, 은지원, 장동건, 김민종, 정우성 등
방위 - 김수로 등
연예병사 - 공유, 이준기, 싸이, 세븐, 상추, 비, 붐 등 
불이행 - 유승준 등

http://blog.naver.com/maybetwo/220444929771 

JJM worked as a fighting policeman in his army service.

• Like 5

Guest meelis

연예인들의 전역 정보
전경 - 주진모 등
상근 - 연정훈 등
방위 - 김수로 등
불이행 - 유승준 등

Thanks, @lucy13880, I didn't know about that. 

:D Imagining him like this:

j9EhID.jpgdaJzDg.jpg

OMG there's an interview JJM made in 2000. He shared many stories of his debut days. @Chrrriiistinee if you are free please share the Eng translation with us! Think you don't need to translate it word by word because it's so long! 

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/639957290?pn=1

I'll summarize key points.

• It was made in Feb. 2000.
  • He lived with his manager that time and didn't always go back parents' home because when he went back there would be many ahjummas going to visit him and even stole his photos in his room.
  • The reporter asked him the feeling of suddenly becoming popular he said it was a problem to eat at restaurant. "It seems I only have ahjumma fans."
  • While having 180cm height Joo Jin Mo had 110cm chest.
  • He majored in track and tae kwon do at college.
  • The bed scene in Happy End had shoot for more than 10 hours from afternoon till midnight, almost no NG. Before the shooting he spent 4 days with JDY and the Director discussing the script while drinking.
  • He went to the cinema for 3 - 4 times to collect the viewers' reaction of the film Happy End.
  • Joo Jin Mo met his first lover in high school. They were being together for 7 years and the girl broke up with him when he entered the army. When he finished the military service the girl got married with another man. "I were hurt badly and I spent much time to accept the fact that the woman once belonged to me had become another man's wife."
  • "Sometimes I wish I have a girlfriend to chat with and eat together, whom I can share my innermost feelings with."
  • Before he could learn acting he spent one year in one troupe to do the cleaning and be bullied(for example beaten by someone or asked buy things that weren't available in the near shops) by the senior actors. 
Edited by lucy13880
  • Like 8

Guest Chrrriiistinee

연예인들의 전역 정보
전경 - 주진모 등
상근 - 연정훈 등
방위 - 김수로 등
불이행 - 유승준 등

Thank you Lucy for sharing this! i don't know this either! :blink: @meelis I believe it is a tough work. Poor bae.

One more MLED OST album pic

Urggh, mine is on its way. Will upload some pictures once i got it. :wub:

OMG there's an interview JJM made in 2000. He shared many stories of his debut days. @Chrrriiistinee if you are free please share the Eng translation with us! Think you don't need to translate it word by word because it's so long! 

Hidden Content

I'll sum up the key points.

• It was made in Feb. 2000.
  • He lived with his manager that time and didn't always go back parents' home because when he went back there would be many ajjumas going to visit him and even stolen his photos in his room.
  • The reporter asked him the feeling of suddenly becoming popular he said it was a problem to eat at restaurant. "It seems I only have ajjuma fans."
  • While having 180cm height Joo Jin Mo had 110cm chest.
  • He majored in track and tae kwon do at college.
  • The bed scene in Happy End had shoot for more than 10 hours from afternoon till midnight, almost no NG. Before the shooting he spent 4 days with JDY and PD discussing the script while drinking.
  • He went to the cinema for 3 - 4 times to collect the viewers' reaction.
  • Joo Jin Mo met his first lover in high school. They were being together for 7 years and the girl broke up with him when he entered the army. When he finished the army service the girl got married with another man. "I was hurt badly and I spent much time to accept the fact that the woman once belonged to me had become another man's wife."
  • "Sometimes I wish I have a girlfriend to chat with and eat together, whom I can reveal my innermost feelings."
  • Before he could learn acting he spent one year in one troupe to do the cleaning and be bullied(eg beaten by someone or asked by things that weren't available in the near shops) by the senior actors. 

Thank you for the translation @lucy13880!!!! :wub: Will upload the translation A.S.A.P. Will attempt to make it within the week. 

Poor bae, you still have us. I'm not even in my 20s.:sweatingbullets: Please COME TO US! :lol:

Hello JJM fans and fellow MLED fans, Eundongers :) For some reasons, after reading baidu and other JJM sites, I suddenly wondered about a JJM thread within soompi and  when  @meelis (thanks chingu) mentioned it in MLED thread, it struck a chord... and here I am with my first post :) 

Backtracking from these 'last few' pages, I see some queries about a popular chinese saying, quite a slang actually...

The saying is  "中大奖". Usually, it's a couplet that goes like this:“中大奖、走好运” which translated means "Hit the lottery. Got lucky". So to put it within the context of KSR and her kissing skill, the cnetz reaction through  the c-translated words of KSR was::

女性观众们说道这是 "中大奖” 所拍出来的,但这也都是 “演技”

- "to the female viewers, KSR's kiss(kisses) that were filmed happened to be good enough ONLY because she "Hit the lottery. Got lucky" and got away with good enough final outcome. But this(kissing skill) is all about 'acting'." To KSR, whatever viewers saw/felt about the kiss(kisses) was how she interpreted and acted.  Hope it helps to make some sense.

Like the cnetz, and many of us, we wished the kisses were more passionate, more two-way. But going by KSR's explanation, I'm willing to buy what she meant.

-----------------oh... posts are auto-merged. hehe-------------

Hello  again JJM fans and Eundonger :)  Thot you may be interested...(hope it hasn't been posted before. If it has, biyane. I haven't backtracked a lot yet :)

vH4l31z.jpg

INTERVIEW: Q&A with JJM in TOC Magazine (June 2015)

• The place where I read 'My Love Eun Dong' script was at home. At dawn one day, while I was watching a romance movie, I saw the title (of the script).
  • When I know who my partner will be (i.e. KSR), I felt there will be a feeling of nostalgia.
  • My fave script line was "Buy That Retail Shop!"
  • For the first time in filming, I 'threw myself away' i.e. let go totally (of past acting styles).
  • Anyone would think a drama of a love story of 20 years is a dream.
  • When the filming continued till very late, the snack I love to eat most is tteoboki.
  • The romance movie I love most is 'Notebook' and 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)'
  • If I could choose my lover from a movie, I'd choose Julia Roberts from 'Notting Hill(1999)'.
  • I believe it's possible for a couple who has broken up to get back together. Depends on the circumstance.
  • The similiarity between the character(Eun Ho) and me is we both cherish our memories.
  • I believe for a love to be steadfast and unchanging, the most important factor is 'Trust'.
  • While preparing for this drama, the song I listened to the most was '취중진담 Drunken Truth. 

(Song is by 'Fly To The Sky' in their 'Recollection' album. It's also an OST from 'On Air' 2008 kdrama. Googling shows it was an R&B song that took SK by storm in the 90s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtPTiBkM57s

------CR: JJM Baidu-----
Don't know if I am drunk. Don't know if I've done something wrong.
Early in the morning feeling numb with vague memory. Don't know why I feel uneasy.
But tonight I have thoughts I must say
I'm sorry for my fragile appearance.  I can't remember what I've said when I was drunk. 

Always want to say the words I've prepared in my heart for a long time.
But with regret, why am I always in a trance before you and can't express myself
Now say it all out
From the beginning I have always loved you
Just so in love with you
I don't speak up naturally, and my words are rustic and unbelievable.

I don't casually say it.
I no longer will do it this way.

At dawn when  the morning breaks, I hold you again, say I love you.
Why do l feel it is a ridiculous thing, like I've just heard a joke.
Nothing to say
Just staring at me like I'm a child

Always want to say the words I've prepared in my heart for a long time.
But with regret, why am I always in a trance before you and can't express myself
Now say it all out
From the beginning I have always loved you
Just so in love with you

I don't say such words to anyone
Like you I also feel very awkward
I can't look at you properly
Starting from a while ago, I just kept saying those words ...I'm sorry
But today, I would say it all

Just so in love with you
I don't casually say it.
I no longer will do it this way.
At dawn when  the morning breaks, I hold you again, say I love you.
I love you.
----------end of trans lyrics/jadecloud----

• If I were to choose a book title for my own autobiography like in 'My Love Eun Dong' drama, I'd title it as 'Choice'. (for JJM's real life autobiography)

Last Q: Have you ever thought of the post-ending scenario for the OTP in the movie 'Tian Mi Mi'? What will they become?

• I hope they can live on happily without conflicts. Maggie Cheung is a more pragmatic and realistic character, while Leon Lai is a more pure and innocent character. Looking at them this way, I'm more similar to Leon Lai..

CR: JJM Baidu 

-----end of trans/jadecloud----

ysYhifa.jpg

CR: TOC

• Like 8

@jadecloud it's so nice you share the translation with us. Think we don't have this interview in this thread. And welcome! 

Haha @Chrrriiistinee you are so young! Thank you for your effort for that long passage's translation in advance! 

I know he had two girl friends before but don't know he had dated with his first love for 7 years! :crazy: And he was dumped by the girl! :crazy: Poor babe no wonder he was so obsessed in those love themes works, the movie A Love, the drama My Love Eun Dong.

Edited by lucy13880
  • Like 4

@jadecloud it's so nice you share the translation with us. Think we don't have this interview in this thread. And welcome! 

Haha @Chrrriiistinee you are so young! Thank you for your effort for that long passage's translation in advance! 

I know he had two girl friends before but don't know he had dated with his first love for 7 years! :crazy: And he was dumped by the girl! :crazy: Poor babe no wonder he was so obsessed in those love themes works, the movie A Love, the drama My Love Eun Dong.

Hi Lucy, no idea who his GFs were but was there a celebrity in particular? I hope he could find a special someone who could take care of him & love him in return. :lol:

• Like 4

Hi Lucy, no idea who his GFs were but was there a celebrity in particular? I hope he could find a special someone who could take care of him & love him in return. :lol:

Hi Willenette, he had had two GFs, he met his first lover in middle school and of course they were both students. The relationship ended in 1994. The second one was a model and it seems they started dating in the end of 2000. And the relationship ended in 2004.

• Like 2

Guest michyell409

HI ,i want to see this drama  look back in anger ,but in youtube only raw available is there any link that can watch this with english sub.please share and yeah jjm look so cute like a baby in that picture.