Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

Actors Over 40 Who Never Cease To Amaze

•                 By: ParkChohwa on April 1, 2015
  • Category: Editorials

http://mydramalist.com/article/2015/04/08/actors-over-40-who-never-cease-to-amaze-part-4

Joo Jin Mo

(40)

rD54Fn.jpg

I haven’t watched any dramas by this brilliant actor and I cannot scream and fangirl oh-my-god-kill-me-for-his-smile. No, I simply enjoy watching him. He’s talented, charismatic, and he never ceases to amaze.

I only watched few of his films. In Wanee and Junah, he acted the conflicted man in love. The film was so-so for me. Not my cup of tea I guess, and I was not impressed by anything or anyone.

In 200 Pounds Beauty, he did a great job. His portrayal of the spontaneous and successful Sang Jun with that bright smile was so cute. The pain in his eyes were so real, that it made me cry when he did.

In Friend 2, he had a guest appearance and he was hot in his 80s attire.

Now for the two works which left a deep impression on me; A Frozen Flower and A Better Tomorrow.

How can someone act a homosexual king struggling between his love for his guard and his desperate and genuine attempt to protect his kingdom this awesomely?! No wonder some people questioned his sexuality afterwards! The love scenes and the way he looked at Jo In Sung were so real, so convincing and so touching. His burning desire for his lover and the aching shout for help tore my heart into pieces, I swear. The shock on his face when he watched his lover betraying him and the pain of epiphany inscribed all over his face were just, true.

All the pain he showed in A Frozen Flower and more were presented in his portrayal of the guilty Kim Hyuk trying to reconcile with his brother in A Better Tomorrow. The title is so ironic and I hate it. The film was just a bundle of pain. I hated the whole existence watching it, but I admired the acting. Joo Jim Mo broke my heart; again.

I can hear you telling me to go watch Empress Ki. I will I promise!

meelis said:

How can someone act a homosexual king struggling between his love for his guard and his desperate and genuine attempt to protect his kingdom this awesomely?! No wonder some people questioned his sexuality afterwards! The love scenes and the way he looked at Jo In Sung were so real, so convincing and so touching. His burning desire for his lover and the aching shout for help tore my heart into pieces, I swear. The shock on his face when he watched his lover betraying him and the pain of epiphany inscribed all over his face were just, true.

Guest meelis

@lucy13880, yes, great write up, right?  =D>  But the last sentence... the author promised to watch Empress Ki, I feel the urge to warn her that another major hearthbreak awaits her there.  #-o

Guest meelis

Thank you for the videos, @lucy13880. While we are at Musa, my favorite music score, A Fight For Our Motherland, it's EPIC, seriously, this is one of the best soundtracks ever (by famous Japanese composer Shiro Sagisu), absolutely fantastic.

And one of the best scenes with the same instrumental as background music:

To me it's comparable to Trevor Jones's The Last of The Mohicans soundtrack which is hands down the best of the best ever

Guest meelis

@salijoo, yes, it's available and it's great, no? The whole soundtrack is fine except the ending credits song, I feel it's a little out of place:

And just for fun, if you want to hear how JJM sounds dubbed in French, here is a scene:

:)) :)) :))

Copy my post from MLE thread
JJM's new drama's casting
lucy13880 said: MLE Actors and Their Characters Revised Version 4.10
- Adult Hyun Soo - Ji Eun Ho, Joo Jin Mo's character   27 years old Hyun Soo - Ji Eun Ho, Baek Sung Hyun's character   10s Hyun Soo - Ji Eun Ho, Jr. Park Jin Young's character
-- Adult Seo Jung Eun - Eun Dong, Kim Sa Rang's character   20s Seo Jung Eun - Eun Dong, Yoon So hee's character 
-- Choi Ho, Kim Tae Hoon's character
-- Adult Lee Hyun ? (이현팔) , Kim Yong Hee's character   Young Lee Hyun ? (이현팔) , Kim Hyung Kyu's character
-- Jo Se Ryeong, Kim Yoo Ri's character
-- Park Hyun Ah, Kim Yun Seo's character
-- Lee Seok Tae, Chang Ki Young's character
-- Ji sook, Choi Na-moo's character
-- No Seok, Kim Dong Hee's character

Also there are actors Jeong Dong-HwanKim Hyun Jun, Nam Kyung Eub
16 actors we have already knew now.

Guest meelis

Thank you for the Empress Ki review, @Calphurnia2007, now that's an unbiased point of view by someone who doesn't even know the actors' names, so I wouldn't say that he watched the drama with some prejudices. Wang Yoo/JJM's part starts around 8:30 if you don't want to hear the whole thing. :)>- (although you will not regret if you hear the rest  ;)))

@meelis yeah, EK is over for me now. don't care about the finale except the last scene with WY. I'll miss seeing him on TV. some TH fans are hating TH now. funny because I was with WY since Day 1. never regretted it. :)
just wanna ask what interview was this? he looks so animated in this interview. his poses are hilarious and meme worthy, lol! ;))anyone has the transcript of the interview? I wonder what was he talking about here.
77goxGy.jpg
KClge7T.jpgXIs6ckf.jpg
k25RUm9.jpg

gDvEzxZ.jpgwwxPa7x.jpg
so2g7Wi.jpg L0wEIJr.jpg

6NZWymD.jpgttK14cs.jpgpg7yoC4.jpg
6fEWYwz.jpg
ziP8hzS.jpg
kQ3hTYJ.jpg

ZT0QeXo.jpg

Guest meelis

@jei_em, I'm of those people who never watched ep. 51 of Empress Ki and to be honest I don't feel like I missed something.  ;))
For some reason I don't see the interview pics you posted. :(