Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

@Calphurnia2007, You've watched Sad Temptation with eng subs? :-O Where? No, because I only watched it raw and except from looking at the pretty *cough* JJM *cough*. I couldn't understand the dialogues with my limited Korean adding the fact it's a Noh Hee Kyung's short drama, it's ALL about wordings, the poetry behind her dialogues that I sadly can't understand.
As much as I love looking at the pretty and JJM's acting of course, I still want for him a project where I love the story, its overall quality of the script. That's the problem I have with his dramas and his new movies, I'm watching it just for his sake. In other words if he wasn't cast I wouldn't waste my time watching it. JJM's acting and hotness should crown it off, be the icing on the cake not literally carrying the project or even worse being the only good thing that project has.

@salijoo, I watched Sad Temptation without the English subs.  I am fluent in Korean so I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Sad Temptation was pretty well written.  I hope someone uploads a higher quality version with English subs for all to enjoy.  Maybe there's a bigger JJM fan out there who can do that, LOL.  Yes, most of the stuff that he does the writing is poor.  I too hope he gets quality scripts and appears in films and shows that are well written and yes I have to agree that most of JJM's projects the only thing good about them is usually him.  I have to agree that Empress Ki is the best show he has done.  For films, A Frozen Flower, Musa and Happy End were the best.  

LOL, @salijoo, confession time you say, OK:
- Fashion 70's and Queen of the Game: I haven't watched them, only some videos and BTS from YouTube (LOL, @Calphurnia2007, however I've watched the bath and shower scenes, but I promise to watch soon the whole series, they have been on my computer for years now.)
- Sad Temptation: I watched some scenes while it was available on YouTube, but didn't understand it, no subs.- Punch: Only watched JJM's scenes in the first episodes, afterwards I watched a lot more, almost the whole episodes near the end.- Empress Ki: The only episode I watched whole was 1, from ep.2 till 50 I started skipping scenes, more and more, and I haven't watched at all ep.51- Flowers in Fog: watched the whole first 3 episodes, then only JJM's parts- Bichunmoo and Dream: watched the whole dramas without forwarding even a single minute (Dream from the second try last summer though).
That's it. ;) But I've watched several times all his movies.

@Calphurnia2007, Lucky you!! You can always help us when we have the wrong translation of his interviews and so on...  :D
@meelis, As far as I know, you were the traitor, that old JJM fan, who didn't bother checking Empress Ki, I don't keep conversing with traitors sorry. =; :P

@salijoo‌ @Calphurnia2007 agree with your saying about his drama. What I recommend is Sad Temptation, too. It's a drama not only pretty JJM in it but also like a beautiful poetry. Very much like it and It's the only drama of his I watched several times. The others just watched his part. In my opinion, his acting in dramas which is more affected by the storyline is different from his acting in films, or in other words is not as good as in films.

Yup, @salijoo, I was that traitor. :P  The thing is, I never considered dramas as an important part of JJM's career, I thought it's only the movies that matter. :) Anyway, if he's up to doing another drama so soon, maybe I'm wrong, he is taking dramas more seriously than I thought, so here I solemnly promise that I'll watch his next drama from start to finish (only praying there won't be characters who get terribly on my nerves as in EK, otherwise it'll be a torture ;)))

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20150226001452164

Anyway, speaking about films, this is an article about the recent (actually from yesterday) abrogation of the South Korean law which was treating marital infidelity as a criminal act and the way adultery is shown on the big screen. Five movies are mentionned: Happy End of course in the first place, then Ardor (2002, haven't seen this one) and The Good Lawyer's Wife (2003, hated it, maybe because I didn't find Moon So Ri attractive in it like at all), Nobody's Daughter Haewon (2013, haven't seen it), Obsessed (2014, it's really bad).I can say (objectively) that Happy End is the best out of the list. BTW, this is the JJM movie that has the most critiques over the net (not only in English, but I came across French, Spanish, Italian articles etc.), maybe because it was shown in Cannes and in other international festivals, the DVD was sold in many countries etc. Many of them are calling it "a Korean masterpiece". This is one of the reasons I'm more into cinema, my personal opinion is that it has a more universal value than TV. :)>-h4ce4V.jpg

Joo Jin Mo in Gone with the wind musical on MBN news:http://www.mbn.co.kr/pages/vod/programView.mbn?bcastSeqNo=1090977

And one more pic from the final curtain call, credit as labeled:rO0Dyd.jpg

Thank you very much for the link, @QuercusL, your friend has done a great job with collecting JJM's interviews, too bad these Tudou videos are usually lagging very much, at least with me. :(

@meelis thank you for sharing the updating news.
Oh, Happy End again! I like this movie not only those bed scene,  :D I am serious. Like his drama debut ST, in this film he both had a good performance not like a rookie actor.
And about drama, I think actors can get popularity from it. Though I consider JJM as a movie star, I know he sometimes should get some drama project. That can helps him get good movie characters.

10013203_789433024480132_1387494555_n.jp

. 배우 하정우님, 염정아님, 주진모님, 성유리님, 김성균님께서 소속되어있는 "판타지오" 에서 파워보컬 부산 오픈 축하화환을 보내주셨습니다. 정말 제가 좋아하는 배우분들이 모두 계시네요~ 정말 감사드립니다~!. #축하화환 #판타지오 #하정우 #염정아 #주진모 #성유리 #김성균 #파워보컬 #파워보컬부산 #PowerVocal #PowerVocalBusan #부산
from http://iconosquare.com/vocalcoach_jun

@lucy13880_fab5, thanks for the pic, did the PD post it like that? ;)) Maybe he still wasn't sober enough.
And the flowers, I can see JJM's name there and above Ha Jung Woo's name, so I guess it's from Fantagio. I wonder if JJM is in Busan again?
I agree with you that dramas make actors more popular with the larger population, while movie actors are more highly respected by professionals and cinema lovers. So the best would be the combination of the two, some actors can manage that, JJM hasn't reached the right balance yet. Let's hope in the future he will.  :)

@meelis, I also thought the same. I always imagined JJM as a movie actor. That's why I was shocked when I saw him signing for Empress Ki, A-list movie actors rarely or never choose long sageuk dramas. But I understand it as a fact where not only it's written by critically acclaimed Jang Yeong Cheol but the rumored casting were pretty high for that drama too (Won Bin, Jo In Sung just to name a few). That being said, if I have to talk about dramas, JJM is known for Fashion 70s & Sad Temptation. 
I agree with @lucy13880_fab5, JJM should balance dramas & movies. So, I'm actually curious to know what he'll choose next. Too bad, he didn't have any "national" interview if so he would have hinted his next project as he seems to have been aware since the beginning of February.
For those who were seeking a place where to find all JJM GWTW videos, I just made a Youtube Playlist @QuercusL you can always add it in the 1st page for those who'll want to look for it: 

(I most likely forgot some videos, if you have the link send me a PM and I will add it ;) )

About vocalcoach_jun's Instagram picture. Power Vocal just opened its branch in Busan. It happened that Fantagio is one of their affiliates so the coach was pleased to receive congratulatory flowers from one of his favorites actors: Ha Jung Woo, Yeom Jung Ah, Joo Jin Mo, Sung Yuri & Kim Sung Kyun.
I don't know if Joo Jin Mo was in Busan but it just seems like they send it other there.

Thank you for the translation, @salijoo! Oh, I'm sure he wasn't in Busan too, I was playing guessing games with his whereabouts. :)

Oh great! Thank you so much for collecting all GWTW videos in one playlist, very handy. >:D<

@salijoo~~
Thank you for the information and creating the Play List.  I will add my videos there :)!
You are so right about JJM! He is mainly a movie actor.  His way of acting and communicating is mainly designed for the big screen.  As for his TV dramas, you are right!  I think Fashion 70s and Sad Temptation are the best (in terms of ratings and quality). 
PS: As for his whereabouts, I tried my luck with the fishing website where we found many of his photos last year.  No new photos are found :)!  I guess he did not go fishing these days (maybe, maybe, he is burying himself in a pile of scripts and preparing for his next movie/drama). :D

@lucy13880_fab5 thank you for the baby pic :) and the ID picture.. I wonder what age he was there? lol
@salijoo WOW! awesome HD pics.. Thank you so much. I've saved em all and shared em in my groups and page I hope you don't mind ;)) He sure looks great in that drama. I think for those pictures alone, I want to watch that drama now. 
anyway guys do you know what photoshoot is this? thanks. I'm organizing my JJM pictures lol.. don't know where to put this. is this from GGIO II?
984274_566174176852590_75170186924870684

As to his dramas I'm a fairly new fan so I only watched Empress Ki whole drama.. I have seen Queen of the Game episode 1 only, but this scene caught my attention, lol
8c1001e93901213f2e6b98f150e736d12f2e9547
14ce36d3d539b6004e71d99aed50352ac65cb764

It's so hot in our country right now, shower 2 or 3 times a day is a must.. this GIF feels so refreshing ;)) By the way, his Scarlett Seohyun and his crush Yoona (?) is coming here for a concert hehe just saying.. :)