Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

Thank you for the pic, @sarah.lina, he's cute with already that strong man vibe as a bonus... I was going through old stuff myself today, and I second what @anjshin said (LOOOL at the living legend part), I like him best now.  :)
@QuercusL, thank you for the fan art, the girls at Baidu are very creative. :)>-
I love this one, I would read this book every night before going to bed:
df60fd.jpg
© JJM Baidu

@meelis : I already have the synopsis for the movie/drama. Somewhere in the mountain lives a strange man, that people commonly calls "monster" for his rough look and suspicious behaviors. One day, a female researcher fall in a trap that the monster has set....  8-} 8->

Title : Monster in Mountain, Our Living Legend
Director : meelis
Scriptwriter : Salomon
Production : CJ Entertainement
Starring :
Joo Jin Mo - Monster
[still casting] - Female Researcher =)) =))

Guest meelis

No, no, you definitely have to be the scriptwriter, @sarah.lina! =)) I'm rolling here with laughter... :)) =D> I wonder what will happen to the researcher next...

EDIT:This is a special gift for you (because I almost fainted when I visited your jjm formula)
no7HSS.jpg
© to the owner
;)

@meelis : That's all JJM's fault... he should choose a new project quickly!.. so that i can stop writing bull****  :))

About the female researcher... it all depends if the movie is R-Rated :> =))

EDIT : Hum... Gabi? or Happy End?... my tumblr became r-rated and it's all cause of JJM!!

Guest meelis

Oh, I know, I know, because I feel the same, it's just our way to fill the void. :-< So, JJM will be punished for making us wait for so long with at least three R-rated scenes in our movie. ;)
EDIT:
Both, but Happy end in particular. ;)

@meelis : Ah you don't know me, if i could include all the fanservices scenes possible, i would do it... i swear that even if he throws the script out the window i will blackmail him to do the scenes... no shame! :ar!

Ahhh Happy End, i want a gorgeous kiss for his new movie and they better put it... nothing in Friend 2, i don't even want to talk about EK... RELEASE ALL THE KISS SCENES
:-w

Guest meelis

@sarah.lina, a movie with all kinds of fan service and a shower of kisses? Count me in. :DWe haven't seen JJM kiss someone properly ever since he kissed Jo In Sung (nothing memorable in Gabi, FiF and EK, nothing at all in Dream and Friend 2), how come?BTW, we blamed PD Han Hee for the kiss view, blocked by JJM's shoulder, but he just copied Kwak Kyung Taek, because the kiss in A Love was the same..  ;))
I'm not sure whether this is a screencap, I don't remember seeing it in the movie, but it's beautiful:
wLBFJv.jpg
© to the owner

For JJM's birthday, the fans from China and Taiwan at Baidu have done their fund raising. I did a rough estimation. The total was about USD $2000.

According to the moderator, they will buy "practical gifts" this year, such as an automatic coffee machine and fishing requirements.... etc. Also, they will prepare a gift for his agent to thank him taking care of JJM! A card was made of the fan drawings from the drawing competition on 5/20. :D

The original message 

"今年生日礼物的构思 以全自动咖啡机与钓具等精致又实用为主 也会帮经纪人准备一份小小的礼物 感谢他~~帮我们贴身照顾我们最爱的男神 大致是这樣 有进一步讯息再来告诉大家喔i_f24.png?t=20140803  PS:520的画画也制成生日卡片(http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3224893092)

I wonder if you gals watched this -- an interview by Kong Hyun Jin.  This one and the Park show are my favorite interviews :)!  He gave much better insights in the interviews.  :x 
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzcxMzA0NDYw.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzcxNzczNzk2.html
Here is a Chinese transcription: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2524463120

Guest meelis

Thank you for the links, @QuercusL.. With google translate (which is cooperating today) I understood many things. I particularly liked the fact that he's got principles and doesn't take a project if he doesn't "heart" it, even if his agency says it's a good project from a business point of view, because the movie would be a blockbuster etc.. I think many actors do that, they just take any project which comes their way and would never decline a project that will be popular with the audience. Not him, which costed him a price over the years in terms of popularity and even money, if you wish. I respect his attitude, but I guess being an agent of such actor isn't the easiest task  ;)). 
EDIT:I love JJM's dedicated Chinese and Taiwanese fans, you gals are great.. =D>

QuercusL said: For JJM's birthday, the fans from China and Taiwan at Baidu have done their fund raising. I did a rough estimation. The total was about USD $2000.

According to the moderator, they will buy "practical gifts" this year, such as an automatic coffee machine and fishing requirements.... etc. Also, they will prepare a gift for his agent to thank him taking care of JJM! A card was made of the fan drawings from the drawing competition on 5/20. :D

The original message 

"今年生日礼物的构思 以全自动咖啡机与钓具等精致又实用为主 也会帮经纪人准备一份小小的礼物 感谢他~~帮我们贴身照顾我们最爱的男神 大致是这樣 有进一步讯息再来告诉大家喔i_f24.png?t=20140803  PS:520的画画也制成生日卡片(http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3224893092)

@meelis : agreed, we didn't have a proper kiss since a Frozen Flower and it was with a man!!! so since 2008-2009!!!
I've noticed it about him if you look at the pattern of all his movies even in different genres, they all told the story of someone who loves deeply one person whether be a male/female lover or brother. The only one that seems different is Liar but i do understand that it was cause of the lack of scripts he received at that time, but still i liked the movie.

I noticed that this year, his 3 projects had a big success, but all 3 of them suffered from his lack of screentime, so my bet on that, he will take an another risk, he will play something different and 99% it will be for a movie... the sole reason he will choose a drama is that there is something completely different.

So this time, instead of enjoying the drama/movie cause of Joo Jin Mo... i want enjoy the movie/drama and Joo Jin Mo in it... like i did for "A Frozen Flower" [if we cut the unnecessary sex scenes], i would have add "200 Pounds Beauty" but i think it's his only movie where i wanted to punch him, especially in the scene when he bashed the stalker...

@QuercusL : you chinese/taiwanese fans are the best, i just hope he will do his fan meeting in China or Taiwan, they really deserve it!!!!!!

Guest meelis

You might be right, @sarah.lina, I'd agree that his choices of roles to play also reflect his personal attitude towards love and relationships as a whole, which seems more idealistic than reasonable or practical.. but hey.. it's good to know there are still such men in this world.. :x
As for his next project, it takes him too long, this is why I agree he's looking for something completely different from what he's done before. In any case, I doubt it would be mainstream.

I'm wondering if anyone is waiting for Joo Jin Mo to guest on Infinity Challenge, Running Man or 1N2D,  i know that he refused running man... and some of his buddies are against guesting on variety shows, Lee Jung Jae even said that he was shocked seeing Jung Woo Sung on RM in the way he lowered himself to be in those kind of VS... Cha Tae Hyun said the same thing to Kim Jong Kook only after being a permanent member himself on 1N2D S2 & S3...

@meelis : yep he didn't choose quickly so it means that it won't be something mainstream... i do hope to see him in a Park Chan Wook's movie, Kim Jee Won or Jang Cheol Soo ones.

Guest meelis

I couldn't agree more with what you said, next time I want to watch his movie or drama because it's REALLY a great one, not to compromise to watch it only because JJM is in it. :)
Your choice of directors is approved, I would add to the list my favorite Korean director, Lee Chang Dong, the humanist (too bad he's not very productive).
About Running man etc., I don't know what these are about, I'm not really a fan of variety or reality shows and never watch, in any case I've the feeling it isn't JJM's cup of tea .. but who knows, stranger things have happened.

@meelis : OMG, The Secret Sunshine & Poetry's Director... i'm in :D, eitherway, i noticed that from his CF, Magazine photoshoots ect... lately he's choosing less of them but when he does it... it's always something with a high budget... quality over quantity... i'm ok with that... I hope he will do a photoshoot for High Cut... they know how to make their cover stars shining.

Guest meelis

@sarah.lina, you know, I had similar thoughts when I saw Salomon's new CF, that their budget was cut short and they couldn't afford JJM anymore. :D I mean not only his paycheck but also the outdoor shooting in New Zealand, this CF most probably costed them a fortune last year, we were laughing about the Monster in mountain, but it was a great concept and matched perfectly both the company's philosophy and JJM's personality. While the new one came out a little sterile, too technological and doesn't convey so well the sense of strength and freedom, but I guess it required less money and efforts...