Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

Nope, @sarah.lina, you're definitely not the only one crazy, you're part of our collective craziness, if this comforts you. :))
Thank you for the HQ pics, I don't know why but some of them (the second WY, the Gabi and the Bodyguard ones) are only visible in a separate window.

While hesitating which drama to start, I decided to rewatch Puzzle, and I've to say I found it even more entertaining than the first time. I'm not saying it's a masterpiece, but it's more coherent and concise than many highly acclaimed newer movies of the genre, which tend to be too messy, with too many story lines and characters, so a little tedious to my taste. 
Not to forget, of course, Mr. Ryu's hotness factor... =P~

aeEbQv.jpgpvEOFc.jpg
4el6m.jpg

RpNocj.jpgEvaQFS.jpgRhOX4F.jpg

© to the owners / as labeled

meelis said: Nope, @sarah.lina, you're definitely not the only one crazy, you're part of our collective craziness, if this comforts you. :))
Thank you for the HQ pics, I don't know why but some of them (the second WY, the Gabi and the Bodyguard ones) are only visible in a separate window.

While hesitating which drama to start, I decided to rewatch Puzzle, and I've to say I found it even more entertaining than the first time. I'm not saying it's a masterpiece, but it's more coherent and concise than many highly acclaimed newer movies of the genre, which tend to be too messy, with too many story lines and characters, so a little tedious to my taste. 
Not to forget, of course, Mr. Ryu's hotness factor... =P~

Guest meelis

I agree it lacked something, but stylistically and technically it was fine, I liked the use of lighting and the split screens (it wasn't such a common method back in 2006 as it's now). Also the characters were well written and the cast was good.
NNHoae.jpg
TOeO4d.jpg

VrIxJk.jpguo8UvN.jpgyyiPIJ.jpg

Plus, of course:
rfdZVS.jpg
DipF4w.jpg

cw9WRh.jpgqoCoEH.jpgElNwjc.jpgTu8QKx.jpgaFMo3Y.jpgstrHdK.jpg

Guest meelis

One more water drinking pic  :D
jH7A3g.jpg

And this one, just like that (or maybe because of the water) :D
IUQbKC.jpg

8-> 8-> 8->

Guest meelis

I think it's from Fashion 70', yes, here's another one (because it's never enough:D)
dZwtOf.jpg

And to grant your wish, one more water drinking pic ;) (aren't we becoming crazier by the day)
YBKeJY.jpg
© as labeled

=)) Brad Pitt again.. Did you put these pics together, or OSEN did it? 

@meelis : OMG those pics... bye-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793764too much hotness to handle...

It's OSEN or SBS who did it here the originale article :
OMG So It's true Joo Jin Mo's Brad Pitt Look-a-like so the journalist did a good job magic-right-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12 I think it's Joo Jin Mo who talked about Brad Pitt...

주진모, 알고보면 브래드 피트와 닮은 꼴?

30000025912_700.jpg
아마 대한민국을 살아가는 사람들 중 배우 주진모를 모르는 사람은 거의 없을 것이다. 

부리부리한 눈매에 남자답게 큼지막하고 높은 코, 뚜렷한 이목구비는 보는 이들의 시선을 사로잡기 충분하며 그만의 남성다움으로 여러 작품에서 깊은 인상을 남겼기 때문.

하지만 그는 남자다운 외모로 생겨버린 선입견과 잘생긴 외모에 가려버린 연기력이 안타깝기 그지없는 배우 중 한명이다. 

주진모는 OSEN과 만난 자리에서 "배우로서 시야를 넓혀야 하는데 들어오는 시나리오가 한정돼 있다는게 느껴진다"며 아쉬움을 토로했다. 또 "앞으로 '주진모라는 인물이 이런 영화에서 이렇게도 하더라'는 얘기를 들을때까지 선입견을 없애려 노력할 것이다"라고 밝히기도 했다. 

이처럼 좀 더 다양한 역할을 해보고 싶다는 이야기를 하는 주진모를 보고 있자니 할리우드 대표 미남 배우 한 명이 떠올랐다. 바로 브래드 피트.

'할리우드 대표 섹시남', '금발 미남', '무비 스타' 등 수많은 수식어를 지니고 있는 브래드 피트는 잘생긴 꽃미남이란 이미지를 버리고 '연기파 배우'라는 칭호를 얻는 데 성공했다.

영화 '세븐'에서만해도 '연기가 어색하다'는 평을 들었던 브래드 피트는 연기력이 돋보일 수 있는 작품 선택과 과감한 변신을 두려워하지 않는 정신으로 인해 결국 영화 '벤자민 버튼의 시계는 거꾸로 간다'로 난생 처음 아카데미 남우주연상 후보에 오르며 '연기파' 칭호를 받았다.

또한 이후 영화 '트리 오브 라이프', '머니볼' 등을 통해 물 오른 연기력을 선보였고 강력한 남우주연상 수상 유력자로 거론될 정도였다.

주진모에게 이와 같은 브래드 피트의 이야기를 꺼내자 "어떻게 보면 내가 가려는 길이 브래드 피트와 비슷할 수도 있겠다"라고 말하며 웃음을 터뜨리기도 했다.

(OSEN 제공)
※위 기사는 SBS의 제휴기사로 법적인 책임과 권한은 OSEN에 있습니다. 

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10000504075

Guest meelis

;)) Oh, I love when he's being self-ironic, he often does that, even in the last NHK interview, too bad many people don't understand it.
My proposal for a Hollywood analogy: Joo Jin Mo - John Travolta Saturday night fever style
oYOiZG.jpg
DNgoan.jpg
© to the owners
:)) :)) :))

@meelis : I love, LOVE when he's self-ironic, always making fun of his life in a funny way but with a straight face, that makes his stories even more funny, he delivers his jokes like a comedian... oh wait... even some comedians don't know how to do it well, it's an art that Joo Jin Mo mastered ! yesss-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937

One article that i've found :

Empress Ki Recap: Joo Jin Mo shows character change through his dark stare

20140225081404184-455x1024.jpg

Joo Jin Mo, who plays Wang Yu in MBC’s top-ranking historical drama Empress Ki showed more of his intense side as his character becomes darker in the 32nd episode of the drama. His tragic love story with Seungnyang (Ha Ji Won) made him more serious and sad which clearly expressed with his eyes.

Most viewers noticed Joo Jin Mo leaving a long, dark stare in most of his scenes. In the broadcast of Empress Ki last February 24, Wang Yu is already getting his plans done to get rid of the Eagle House’s leader, but then Bi Soo knew that being that person’s enemy is not easy. She realizes that it will be a tough move for them and it’ll be impossible to get rid of the Eagle House. This made her think of giving up and totally quit being on Wang Yu’s side. Wang Yu was greatly disappointed by hearing this so he gives Bi Soo a sword and challenged her for a fight while he uses just a wooden sword.

He then had a sword fight with Bi Soo, despite Bi Soo having the real sword and was desperate to win over Wang Yoo, Wang Yoo ended up defeating her. Out of Bi Soo’s curiosity, she asked Wang Yu, “What is the reason for you to be so persistent about this thing?!”. Wang Yu stared deeply to Bi Soo and said “Giving this thing up is like abandoning my own country.” These words seem to hit Bi Soo so much she was left teary-eyed.

On the other hand, as a war rages in the Imperial Palace, Seungnyang still stands strong by Emperor Tahwan’s side very much willing and determined to bring down Prime Minister Yeonchul and his allies. But the question is, until when are they going to be on the victorious side? Is it really over between Seungnyang and Wang Yu?

Joo Jin Mo’s acting is quite laudable and so many viewers truly feel his grief, sadness and longing in his dark eyes.

http://koreandrama.com/empress-ki-recap-joo-jin-mo-shows-character-change-through-his-dark-stare/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Guest meelis

Oh, yes, the way he's doing it makes it even more fun. It takes a great person to make fun of him/herself and it's really refreshing to have someone like him, in particular in the entertainment industry which is full of self-absorbed and obviously very much in love with themselves people.  
HoTzTl.jpg
© to the owner
=)) =))

Guest meelis

Thank you for the article, @sarah.lina. You know, now that my frustration with Empress Ki is almost completely gone, I feel free to sit and rewatch JJM's scenes and simply enjoy his acting. No matter what, I think this was one of his best performances to date, don't you think so?   :)

t4MBp5.jpg

jcIv8B.jpg

EpZwte.jpg

@meelis : agree with you, so far, EK has proven that his acting was top notch, Wang Yoo is really an introvert/difficult character to play... and the more i rewatch like you some of his scenes the more i notice the several layers of his acting only displayed with his eyes... like one media said, it's true that Joo Jin Mo saved his character, they cut down his scenes, they didn't let us relate with his hardship just in order to focus of some pouring-the-tea-scenes and yet he managed for some of us (not everyone just looking at the hate he had) feel and root for him.

Nevertheless, i hope like @ElinaG said that he will accept a role completely different from Illichi, Wang Yoo ect...

And you know what?, because i've spent 6 months listening to his sageuk speech, i became very severe with other actors... i've watched Fatal Encounter with Hyun Bin (as a fan of him), i noticed that he has still a long way to go before displaying emotions when he talks with a sageuk speech, the same for Lee Jun Ki... sometimes in Joseon Gunman, his speech lack something that Yu Oh Seong (the man who played in Friend 2) has.

Guest meelis

Oh, I agree, @sarah.lina, he really did his best, the rest (as the mass taste, etc.) is none of my concern.. :D

WoFV7X.jpg

© as labeled

Guest ElinaG

OK, don't say you never heard of:10492490_305103836330571_544353984978400Jackie_Chan_Main.jpg

Being serious, just finished watching Fashion 70's. Great sad drama, heart breaking. About 4-5 last episodes cried non stop. At last they didn't kill him this time... Asking again, oppa, please take something fun and easy. It will be good for your image.

@ElinaG : you are in the same mental state as @anjshin was when she finished watching Fashion 70s, maybe i should start watching it...

Now i'm curious about something, why Joo Jin Mo's Manager left a message only now? because if his fans at his cafe, asked his whereabouts so it means "he will choose a project soon" was more a polite phrase than a concrete upcoming project. But if he uploaded his whereabouts like that it means, he has many scripts on his hands and now he's still thinking which one is the best, either way, like the Taiwanese media said he did receive lots of offers... there is a part of me who want to see him in a comedy again, Liar was so underrated, it was clearly better than most of the mainstream success.