Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Flowers in Fog Episodes 1-7

I will not write a review about the drama, i just wanted to make a few points :

1. Joo Jin Mo and Ruby Lin are more like Guest Star who will only appear a few minutes per episode than actual mainleads.

2. Joo Jin Mo's chinese dubbing is awful... OMG it's not like they don't have some chinese men with deep voices come on.

3. I'm having a selective watching :

Episode 1 : watched everything, a lot a hell lots of cheesy scenes.
Episode 2 : skipping the Shangai's arc to concentrate myself on the France's arc
Episode 3-7 : only watching Joo Jin Mo and Ruby Lin parts, i'm wasting nothing because they have their arc on their own.

4. Only Joo Jin Mo and Ruby Lin's acting are on par, the other one are....... ewww not for me really.

5. @QuercusL was right, Joo Jin Mo earned a lot, all he's doing in this drama so far, flirting around with a sexy actress, reminiscing his past with her and being haunted by his past, 45,000 dollars per episode is more than good :D

*** Spoilers Kiss Scenes :D ***

tumblr_n6c5w6qLyY1sq7hzoo1_250.gif  tumblr_n6c5w6qLyY1sq7hzoo2_250.gif
tumblr_n6c5w6qLyY1sq7hzoo3_250.gif  tumblr_n6c5w6qLyY1sq7hzoo4_250.gif
tumblr_n6c5w6qLyY1sq7hzoo5_r1_500.jpg

ahhh life is though for Joo Jin Mo in this drama :D

Guest meelis

@sarah.lina, thank you! I've watched episodes 1 - 5 of Flowers in Fog and have almost nothing to add to your comments. I had already watched all JJM scenes till the end, so now I'm just catching up with the content.

LOL at your comment that life is tough for Jin Mo in this drama =)), you'll see afterwards it's getting even tougher, he'll have numerous scenes sitting at a table with many servants around and eating gourmet food, walking around a lake, or just sitting and talking (BTW, you'll see how his younger Chinese colleagues' acting improves when there are in a scene with him, much less overacting).

Guest anjshin

Done with my blast from the past here at JJM soompi thread, and I really did enjoyed back tracking. I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to all JJM fans who contributed and shared the works, interviews, pictures and everything., you guys are really the best, now I know where have I've been all those times, (I'm rocking my college life until practicing my profession). Felt happy that I was able to catch up now even though it's already late. It's worthit, and I knew right from the very start that taking a ride with Jin Mo's life is interesting, and he did not failed me. Trully, he is a model of humility and hope and of course a walking definition of sex appeal, talent and being handsome. What more could you ask for. :D

Hope to see the old time JJM fan/members too. :)

on the side note: I hope to hear news from him today attending JDG's vip movie premiere. :D

@meelis : Cool to know that we share the same insights dear, seems like it's gettin' tougher in the next episodes :))
You're courageous to rewatch the drama without skipping any scenes ewww, it's when watching those kind of shows that i think there should have been a limit with the cheesiness really... *face palm*

There is a scene that left me laughing so hard when i shouldn't, that's when JJM's character said to his butler, in his big castle : "Don't you think that it's cold here" [meaning that there is a bad atmosphere]... I was like dude, it's because you have never lived in France, Cold should be in the hymn of this country :D

Jin Hi Yan talked about Joo Jin Mo in his last interview :

http://www.soompi.com/2014/05/29/jin-yi-han-talks-about-acting-in-empress-ki-in-bnt-international/#.U4d9BSiS9Wg
"
During the interview, he also revealed celebrities he was friendly with. He said, “I’m personally close with JYJ’s Kim Jae Joong and actor Hong Suk Chun. I’m also close with actor Lee Chun Hee and Joo Jin Mo.”"

@anjshin~~~

Thank you for the interview!!! I loved what JJM said (still laughing!!).

"In order to hide my childishness, I will try to behave and appear more manly. Actually I am not a very strong man, right now I'm still unable to forget those tough times during my army days"

----> LOL!! :)) WOW! All of the men that I know are all trying to demonstrate their macho images. JJM is an endangered species!! Boy, he IS a perfect husband material!!) ;;);))

@sarah.lina~~
Thank you for the reviews of "Flowers in fog". It looks like I can spend a afternoon and watch all of the JJM clips! LOL
---> Although it is not a good drama, it is may be a good project for JJM. He not only had good paychecks, but also had a chance to visit France! According to an interview, he visited 6-7 cities. He had a good time :)

Guest anjshin

A better tomorrow movie with Joo Jin Momujeok3.jpg

abt_zps30583e9f.jpg
f04da2db11220ea45bd80d.jpg
BAhbB1sHOgZmSSIuMjAxMC8wOS8wNy8xOC8zMS81
A_Better_Tomorrow-009_zpsd762c6ff.jpg

press-con and interviewsphoto134752.jpg
photo149720.jpg
photo134751.jpg
photo134745.jpg
photo134746.jpg

COSMOPOLITANA-Better-Tomorrow-Korean-Movie_39.jpg
MGalleryItem.php?id=2685
credits to the owners.

Guest ElinaG

@anjshin! thank you for all this pictures! 
@lov3lyqu33n welcome :) my english is far from perfect but I handle. guess you will too!

Guest anjshin

You're welcome my dear @QuercusL and @ElinaG :)

and welcome to the thread @lov3lyqu33n hope you will enjoy here with us. :)

@anjshin : Ohhhhhhh what a feast of Joo Jin Mo's awesome pics thank you dear :-*
And for all the interviews too

@QuercusL : thanks for the translation, 2013 was really JJM's busiest year and all his project hit daebak, i'm glad for him, i just hope he will not vanish for like 2 years and come back after.... don't do that please :-t

im sorry if i send very old interview of Joo jin mo, but please read carefully, u'll find the other side of jin mo oppa,

Joo Jin Mo "Because in Frozen Flower I love a man, my eyebrow hairs fell out"

Q: Other actors say that Director Yoo is hard to work with?
JJM: Actually, I already prepared myself before filming Frozen Flower, but to me this filming was a happy time. Director Yoo is a big teacher to me.

Q: What was Director Yoo's first remarks when you met him?
JJM: Director Yoo said "In Sung has already been casted, and we need another main character. But the role is very sensitive, and there needs to be alot of different emotions acted, and it will be hard. Are you still interested?". Even with that I said "OK".

Q: Because of this film, I heard you lost hair and got grey hair?
JJM: To be honest, I lost alot of eyebrow hair. Grey hair I got in packs, that's why it dyed those areas.

Q: And you lost 12 kgs?
JJM: Because of the movie. But you can't really see it. I actually regain 5 kgs again.

Q: Because of this work (acting), I heard that you cried sometimes?
JJM: When times are difficult, and when things aren't going well. Usually, I consult with staff and develop of different plan, but in Frozen Flower, Director Yoo left everything to my hands. Because of that, there was a lot of waiting. When things don't go the way I think or plan, I sit alone in my room, drink soju and think more. I got a lot of stress. Sometimes I thought I was acting like a child. But through those experiences I gain patience and get gladness afterwards.

Q: You said that after you finish filming a movie, you get depressed. Even after finishing Frozen Flower, were you depressed?
JJM: I was depressed and also got insomnia but I'm ok now. It's something similar to panic attacks/anxiety. After filming, then packing all my stuff, I went back to Seoul and my house was so dark. When I started filming Frozen Flower, my biological older sister that I lived with got married and I live alone now. In a house where no one is living there, I turned on the lights and the heater, took a shower and sat on the sofa. There was no thought in my mind except "What do I do now?". Sometimes I even forget how to turn on the TV. I get depressed when I think "Is there anyone looking for me?"

Q: How do you overcome the depression?
JJM: You can't be alone. However you can't be with someone and keep your feelings to yourself. When you feel emotional or hurt, you need someone beside you so you could get over things.

Q: You don't have a girlfriend?

JJM: If I had one, I wouldn't be alone. If you have nice people around you, please introduce them to me.

Q: Do you have an ideal type? Do you look at appearance?
JJM: I don't have an ideal type, but I do look at appearance. I have my preferences but if I start with them, there is no end. I already given up looking for that ideal. I really want to experience infatuation.

Q: Do you meet up with regular friends (non-celebrity)?
JJM: I do have, but not that many. I have a few close friends. Depression is
something that develops when someone is lonely, it's like a "cold/flu to one's feelings". It's more severe when filming for a movie or drama ends. It's something that actors only understand. I'm friends with Jang Dong Gun. When we drink soju together, we can consult about things that only actors understand. I even told him once "Things I cannot even tell my parents, I can tell him".

Q: Frozen Flower is a "Homosexual, Historic Movie", and "Bedscenes" seems to be the focus.

JJM: This movie is about a human nature. You see three individuals, situations and incidences, and how these three change in detail. For example, If I am attached, InSung's character or JiHyo's character, you will see love. People's feelings are very wicked. You like someone, but to that someone there's someone else and you get jealous.

Q: Since your debut, you took another direction than stardom.
JJM: Of course if I had stardom, things would be great. But I think it's more appealing to be known as someone with alot of talent as an actor. I feel insecure when people think I am something that I'm not. But now, I want to change into someone that the general public won't feel uncomfortable with. Because I don't come on variety programs and only focus on public relations for my movie, the general public sees me differently. I want people to feel like I'm their next-door neighbour.

Q: You seem like you gave up on a business and got fame quite late.
JJM: And because of that I didn't earn any money. I want to be known as an actor that is left on people's minds for a long time. Instead of an instant star, I want to be an actor you rose from the bottom. If you were to compare it to a singer, I want to be a singer who stays on stage for a long time. I have more desire for acting than for earning money.

Q: When you pick a script, what is your criteria?
JJM: I usually exclude roles that use my appearance to portray a character. In "A Love", I like how the character showed his love to the girl. In Frozen Flower, this was another role that I wanted. I pick roles that I never acted in before. This is because through this role, I could deliver a message to the audience.

Q: Because of your good looks, this is a disadvantage?
JJM: You can't be a good actor at first. After "Musa", someone said "Just because of Joo Jin Mo's good looks, he can't act". After hearing that, I cried alot. I then decided to work my hardest so I could gain the recognition I deserved. Because of that person's comments, it became a therapy to me. Jo In Sung said he felt the same way as I did. I know that I have alot of shortcomings as an actor. I want to hear that I'm a good actor rather than I'm good looking.

Q: You seem like an actor that's not an entertainer. How are you in real life?

JJM: When I meet other entertainers, it still fascinates me. In front of the camera, I have to be acting. But if I always had to be acting, I'd get very exhausted.

Q: How are you informally?
JJM: When I am at home, I am my most honest. There are sometimes when I don't wash for days. Because I like to fish, there are times when I go for days like this. Because then, I'm not an actor. Even after finishing Frozen Flower, I went to ChoonChun and fished. Sometimes I overcome the depression with fishing. As a male actor I get depressed, but it's probably more severe for female actresses. If there is an actress like that, I would like to be their conversation partner. But there might be a misunderstanding, so I don't...