Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

love the pics :) .. i agree..it would be awesome..and then maybe we could go stalk her together nuur :P

why not hehe.. :D

In the news thread, there are pics & articles of the protest that is going on in Korea right now regarding the government wanting to cut back on the amount of local films shown in the country(like they were going to show more AMERICAN films instead of KOREAN films.. which I find dumb).

and there are tons of stars who were there at the protest. such as Jang Dong Gun, Lee Byung Hun, Lee Na Young, Kim Rae Won, Im Soo Jung, Jo In Sung, Cha Tae Hyun, and many more.

So I went on naver to search for more info about it, and to see if Song Hye Kyo was there.. and I couldn't find any articles abt her being there..

edit: btw, nice "My Girl and I" pics :) thanks for sharing! I was just about to post those :lol: oh and anyone who goes on hyesa, starting from Feb. 15th, there will be no more 'log-ins' like you don't need to sign up for an account in order to view pics, news, etc anymore.

thanks for the info! ;)

aja! aja! ;):lol::P

Guest kneekey

~~off-topic~~

yeah... that's exactly what my uncle said to me that many koreans are in the philippines to study english cuz it's much cheaper. and if by any chance you'd see a korean actress/actor in those tour buses take a pic of him/her and get their sig!!! :lol: so you're moving to canada joy??? where in canada? i've been in canada before but only in ontario.

yeah... i so luv all of those. love-smiley-052.giflove-smiley-052.giflove-smiley-052.gif i can't take my eyes off of it.

joy your moving to canada already :( your gonna left me here alone :tears: (jk jk) :lol: hope you will have a happy trip, and hope you can adjust easily to the timezone :) how about your dog? will you bring him there?

kaye can i call you that? my korean classmate told us(the whole class) that one reason why they're studying in the phils. is because studying eng here is much cheaper, but i dont really like the attitude of koreans (im not generalizing) they're very brutal :lol:

hi joy!!! yeah... they did film in the philippines. to be precise, they filmed in bohol just for a couple of days. their visit there was so hush hush cuz if we filipinos knew of this, im sure it would cause such a scene and attract so much attention during the shoot, which the production staff are avoiding to do. so you're suffering from post fh deficiency syndrome? maybe you meant post full house addictive disorder??? don't worry joy... i think we SHKer's suffered from it in one point or another. :lol:

really? i didnt know that, all i know is that after filming all in, the all in cast went here in the philippines to take a much needed vacation

In the news thread, there are pics & articles of the protest that is going on in Korea right now regarding the government wanting to cut back on the amount of local films shown in the country(like they were going to show more AMERICAN films instead of KOREAN films.. which I find dumb).

and there are tons of stars who were there at the protest. such as Jang Dong Gun, Lee Byung Hun, Lee Na Young, Kim Rae Won, Im Soo Jung, Jo In Sung, Cha Tae Hyun, and many more.

So I went on naver to search for more info about it, and to see if Song Hye Kyo was there.. and I couldn't find any articles abt her being there..

edit: btw, nice "My Girl and I" pics :) thanks for sharing! I was just about to post those :lol: oh and anyone who goes on hyesa, starting from Feb. 15th, there will be no more 'log-ins' like you don't need to sign up for an account in order to view pics, news, etc anymore.

i think the korean govt should never cut down the amount of local films because it brings the govt money especially if the movies will be shown abroad, and a lot of korean artists may lose tons of jobs

nuur those "my girl & i" pictures rocked my socks! :lol:

Guest kneekey

Here's the news copied from News Thread.

posted by Rubie. and posted by Azura in the hyun bin thread

Film stars to stage protest against cutting of screen quota

SEOUL, Feb. 3 (Yonhap) -- Popular South Korean movie star Ahn Sung-ki said Friday that he would stage an individual protest in central Seoul this weekend to protest the government's decision to lift restrictions on foreign films.

"I will stage the protest for four hours from 1 p.m. on Saturday on the Gwanghwamun streets," he said.

Ahn is a co-chairman of the group of filmmakers and stars calling for the retention of the current screen quota, which requires cinemas here to screen domestic movies for at least 146 days a year.

Last month, Seoul announced a plan to halve the number of mandatory screening days for domestic movies to 73 days a year.

The measure, which is to take effect in July, was aimed at paving the way for the start of free trade agreement talks with the United States.

Other movie stars plan to follow Ahn's protest by carrying out similar solo demonstrations at the same venue and time every day.

(END)

Source: YONHAP NEWS

http://english.yna.co.kr/Engnews/20060203/...03220402E5.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted by Azura in the hyun bin thread

S. Korean movie workers to stage mass protest over quota cut

SEOUL, Feb. 8 (Yonhap) -- About 1,500 South Korean movie workers will take to the streets in downtown Seoul on Wednesday to demonstrate against a government compromise with the United States on a quota for the screening of domestic films.

The group of directors, actors, staffers and executives will launch their demonstration at the Gwanghwamun intersection at 2 p.m., and famous figures like actor Jang Dong-gun and director Park Chan-wook are to participate, organizers said.

Korean movie workers have protested as individuals or in small groups since the government announced its new movie quota policy on Jan. 26. It said the mandatory screening days for domestic movies will be cut by half to 73 days a year from the current 146 days. The reduction was a long-held U.S. demand as part of conditions to start free trade negotiations.

While the decision appeased Washington and U.S. film studios, many cultural organizations around the world as well as Korean movie figures claimed the lowering of the domestic film quota only serves the interests of Hollywood heavyweights.

Local civic organizations, farmers and labor unions will join movie workers in denouncing the free trade negotiations, said the organizer, the Coalition for Cultural Diversity in Moving Images, a Seoul-based group of movie workers organized to protect the screen quota system.

The protesters will march up to Myeong Dong Cathedral after the rally, the organizers said.

With the reduced quota scheme to take effect in July, Seoul and Washington last week announced the launch of negotiations for sealing a free trade agreement.

btw, this news are just the same w/ what mzz_booo posted a while ago.

~~~~~~~~

my 200th post!!!!!!! :w00t::D yipeeeeeee!

*runs in circles* *trips* *knee bleeds* *runs again*

sure she is one of the most prettiest and sexy actress, well at least she didn't have plastic sugery like other koren actress. She's so talented she can act in dramatic and comedy series!

Guest soutsada7

WHAT!!! THIS IS BULL!!! :fury: Swear, as an audience, I can safely say the I spend so much more money on Asian films and dramas relative to the American films, especially K-dramas, which play such a fundamental role in the Korean Wave in Asia...and America, for me :phew: I think it's really stupid to cut down local films and pave the way for foreign ones :gahh, sometimes it makes you wonder how such people who can't think in terms of the longer run of things become government officials :rolleyes:: alright, enough of my rant...thanks mzz_booo for posting the news update :D oh, I've never visited hyesa...gonna give it a try :D Wonder if SHG was there... :unsure:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted by Azura in the hyun bin thread

S. Korean movie workers to stage mass protest over quota cut

SEOUL, Feb. 8 (Yonhap) -- About 1,500 South Korean movie workers will take to the streets in downtown Seoul on Wednesday to demonstrate against a government compromise with the United States on a quota for the screening of domestic films.

The group of directors, actors, staffers and executives will launch their demonstration at the Gwanghwamun intersection at 2 p.m., and famous figures like actor Jang Dong-gun and director Park Chan-wook are to participate, organizers said.

Korean movie workers have protested as individuals or in small groups since the government announced its new movie quota policy on Jan. 26. It said the mandatory screening days for domestic movies will be cut by half to 73 days a year from the current 146 days. The reduction was a long-held U.S. demand as part of conditions to start free trade negotiations.

While the decision appeased Washington and U.S. film studios, many cultural organizations around the world as well as Korean movie figures claimed the lowering of the domestic film quota only serves the interests of Hollywood heavyweights.

Local civic organizations, farmers and labor unions will join movie workers in denouncing the free trade negotiations, said the organizer, the Coalition for Cultural Diversity in Moving Images, a Seoul-based group of movie workers organized to protect the screen quota system.

The protesters will march up to Myeong Dong Cathedral after the rally, the organizers said.

With the reduced quota scheme to take effect in July, Seoul and Washington last week announced the launch of negotiations for sealing a free trade agreement.

btw, this news are just the same w/ what mzz_booo posted a while ago.

~~~~~~~~

my 200th post!!!!!!! :w00t::D yipeeeeeee!

*runs in circles* *trips* *knee bleeds* *runs again*

haha, nikki you're just too cute and funny...congrats on your 200th post and thanks for the precise news article...you beat me to it, cause I was just gonna go to the forum that mzz_booo indicated to check out what the deal was all about...she put up such a teaser :P

sure she is one of the most prettiest and sexy actress, well at least she didn't have plastic sugery like other koren actress. She's so talented she can act in dramatic and comedy series!

hey, welcome to the thread happii...loving your sn :P:D

well, I was ranting earlier that I forgot to say GOOD MORNING!!! to everybody :P...haha, this is an early morning for me, since it's only 6:16 am over here right now :D

it would have been nice if she was there. that way we'll have news about her. :) but not surprising if she didn't participate. i notice that she usually shun away from public attention. she seldom attends social gatherings, only if she have to.

yeah...i read about the changes in hyesa. i don't know if that's good or bad. oh well...we'll just have to wait and see :)

really? i didnt know that, all i know is that after filming all in, the all in cast went here in the philippines to take a much needed vacation

nuur those "my girl & i" pictures rocked my socks! :lol:

the water scenes were shot in bohol. i heard that there was even an article of shk titled "thank you, filipinos". she was grateful for the hospitality and warmth extended to her and the crew.

nikki, i forgot where i got this pics but it says that this was taken when they arrived in cebu.

song16528835929.jpg

joy, when are you leaving for canada? hope you don't mind my asking.

Guest soutsada7

it would have been nice if she was there. that way we'll have news about her. :) but not surprising if she didn't participate. i notice that she usually shun away from public attention. she seldom attends social gatherings, only if she have to.

yeah...i read about the changes in hyesa. i don't know if that's good or bad. oh well...we'll just have to wait and see :)

the water scenes were shot in bohol. i heard that there was even an article of shk titled "thank you, filipinos". she was grateful for the hospitality and warmth extended to her and the crew.

nikki, i forgot where i got this pics but it says that this was taken when they arrived in cebu.

song16528835929.jpg

joy, when are you leaving for canada? hope you don't mind my asking.

hey gemt :waves at you happily: so good to see up and about already, or is it just the time zone? :blink: haha, yeah I agree with you that SHG likes to keep a low-profile...would have been nice indeed if she showed up, so we can get some news on her :sigh: awww, I read somewhere that when she was filming My Girl and I and they had to go to Cheju Isand (I think?...kinda forgot the name of the island)... her fans traveled so many miles just to see her, brought her some food/gifts and she was crying cause she was so touched :)

hi soutsada, kaye and everyone!

it's 10:45 pm here. havn't gone to sleep yet :)

yes, she's really nice. she notices and appreciates the things people/fans do for her. that's one of the things that i like about her. i remember in one of AIMH interviews ssh saying that even though she's still young she cares about others.

yes, she's really nice. she notices and appreciates the things people/fans do for her. that's one of the things that i like about her. i remember in one of AIMH interviews ssh saying that even though she's still young she cares about others.

I agree. Her co-stars have nothing to say but good things about her. That's why I get annoyed when people say bad things about her based on some person's account (who they probably don't even know --- or it is 4th-hand information).

hey gemt :waves at you happily: so good to see up and about already, or is it just the time zone? :blink: haha, yeah I agree with you that SHG likes to keep a low-profile...would have been nice indeed if she showed up, so we can get some news on her :sigh: awww, I read somewhere that when she was filming My Girl and I and they had to go to Cheju Isand (I think?...kinda forgot the name of the island)... her fans traveled so many miles just to see her, brought her some food/gifts and she was crying cause she was so touched :)

While I sometimes wonder what she has been up to, I am glad that she's the type to keep a low profile. This way, she is able to keep a semblance of a private life. I hope she's happy and will be happier in the future. :D

Guest crazili

and then maybe we could go stalk her together nuur :P

HEYYYYY count me in too... r u guys from KL? i'm from KL, so i might be able to find out the best places to STALK her muhahahahaahahha.... :P now, where's that binoculars of mine??? *drools dreamily*...

i swear, if it turns out that she's not coming to Msia, I"LL GO TO KOREA and stalk her instead!!! :ph34r:

Guest soutsada7

wow, it's 10:45 pm over there...here, it's actually 8:20 am and I'm ready and revved to go to school :P I never watched any of her AIMH interviews...does anybody have it by the way? If you do, can you pretty please upload it? Thanks :D

I agree. Her co-stars have nothing to say but good things about her. That's why I get annoyed when people say bad things about her based on some person's account (who they probably don't even know --- or it is 4th-hand information).

While I sometimes wonder what she has been up to, I am glad that she's the type to keep a low profile. This way, she is able to keep a semblance of a private life. I hope she's happy and will be happier in the future. :D

yeah, I completely agree with you here...from what I've read about her co-stars' account of SHG's personalities, she seems to be well-liked by all and the comments were nothing less than sterling, so I really don't know how all these bashings started :( Anyway, let's not get into that cause I won't believe it until I experience it myself anyway...for now, I'll just admire her from afar like the majority of her fans :D

Morning, skylar, by the way :D Yeah, I agree with you that it's kinda good that she keeps a low-profile, but sometimes, as a fan, I just can't help but want to hear some news of her :P

oh, I think I quoted you twice...haha, oh, well :sweatingbullets: I just thought to add that on her 24th birthday celebration with her fans, she was very sick (she even looked very pale and not her usual radiant self), but she showed up anyway so as not to disappoint her fans...

HEYYYYY count me in too... r u guys from KL? i'm from KL, so i might be able to find out the best places to STALK her muhahahahaahahha.... :P now, where's that binoculars of mine??? *drools dreamily*...

i swear, if it turns out that she's not coming to Msia, I"LL GO TO KOREA and stalk her instead!!! :ph34r:

hey crazili :waves at you too: where's KL? :scratches head and scrunches up face trying to use my little brain to locate the place: haha, nope that didn't work...still don't know where that is :forgive me, but I tend to be a bit slow :sweatingbullets:: join me in too...even if I'm not there, I'll be there by spirit :P

Guest soutsada7

I was visiting Shanda's beautiful website @ SongHyeGyo.net and I just couldn't help but post these neat little tidbits about SHG image

She loves designer handbags and as you can see from many photos, she has quite a collection: Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton , Gucci, Balenciaga, etc!
She is the only child.

In 2003, she sat in the front row of a Christian Dior show in New York and got the opportunity to meet actress Penelope Cruz who was also at the show.

She loves coffee!

She is a very good figure skater.

She is a fan of Abercrombie clothing.

Some of her closest friends are Shoo (S.E.S), along with Lee Jin and Sung Yuri (FINKL). The 4 of them are best friends!

In early 2005, she went to San Francisco, California to study English and afterwards to Seattle for a visit.

She says that she has more female fans than male fans.

She used to hate the fact that she's short but now has come to accept it as being a part of who she is.

When swimming in the river, lake, ocean, etc., she is terrified of fish due to an unpleasant childhood memory.

Hye Gyo attended superstar couple, Kim Seung Woo and Kim Nam Joo’s Wedding on May 25, 2005. She starred in "Hotelier" (2001) with Kim Seung Woo.

Her actual birthdate is November 22, 1981 but when she was born, she was very sick and not even her parents nor doctor(s) thought she would survive. Her parents waited until February 26, 1982 to register her when she was well and healthy.

Her mother used to hate her lips because of their fullness and said that Hye Gyo looked like Kunte Kinte. However, now her mother doesn't say a word about them .

Out of all the character she's played, she says that she is most like Han Ji Eun from "Full House" especially because they both like to have fun.

Her first love and relationship was with actor Lee Byung Hun whom she met while filming the 2003 drama, "All In." It was a painful and sad experience but she says she is now thankful that she got to experience it.

She is known for being cute but would like people to see her as being "mysterious."

just wanted to post up some close-up candids...probably seen, but it doesn't hurt to see again image

credit goes to Shanda @ SongHyeGyo.net image

Guest crazili

KL is Kuala Lumpur... capital of malaysia... ahhaha...... if shg comes to malaysia she'll be coming to KL..... omg cant wait... hahaha... you're in the US right?? Malaysia is halfway round the globe.. its ok if you don't know where KL is hahaha.................

"Her first love and relationship was with actor Lee Byung Hun whom she met while filming the 2003 drama, "All In." It was a painful and sad experience but she says she is now thankful that she got to experience it."

FIRST LOVE & RELATIONSHIP???????/ tat's unbelievable isn't it??? how can such a B-E-A-U-tiful girl not have any relationships before 22??????? haahah

Guest soutsada7

KL is Kuala Lumpur... capital of malaysia... ahhaha...... if shg comes to malaysia she'll be coming to KL..... omg cant wait... hahaha... you're in the US right?? Malaysia is halfway round the globe.. its ok if you don't know where KL is hahaha.................

"Her first love and relationship was with actor Lee Byung Hun whom she met while filming the 2003 drama, "All In." It was a painful and sad experience but she says she is now thankful that she got to experience it."

FIRST LOVE & RELATIONSHIP???????/ tat's unbelievable isn't it??? how can such a B-E-A-U-tiful girl not have any relationships before 22??????? haahah

wahh, I learned something new today :jumps around in excitement (KL is Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia): I wish I can go to Malaysia too, but no...ole boring me has to sit her "couch-potato" butt in Ca :(:tears: Malaysia looks like such an exotic place...that's definitely one of my vacation destinations when I have the money and the time :w00t:

yeah, gotta agree with you that it's unbelievable that LBH would be her first love...I was just asking the same question a while ago :P

EDIT: woohoo, crazili...you own this page!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Guest crazili

wahh, I learned something new today :jumps around in excitement (KL is Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia): I wish I can go to Malaysia too, but no...ole boring me has to sit her "couch-potato" butt in Ca :(:tears: Malaysia looks like such an exotic place...that's definitely one of my vacation destinations when I have the money and the time :w00t:

yeah, gotta agree with you that it's unbelievable that LBH would be her first love...I was just asking the same question a while ago :P

EDIT: woohoo, crazili...you own this page!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

haha... this is my 'VIRGIN' page... hahahahahahaha....

neways... you're right!!!! the beaches here in Malaysia are fantastic hahaha....

hmmm..... i'll ask SHG to visit redang when i ask her to sign my autograph *dreaming again...* should i bring my pillow case for her to autograph??? hahahahha

oh, btw, redang is an island.... in malaysia hahahahah

Guest soutsada7

haha... this is my 'VIRGIN' page... hahahahahahaha....

neways... you're right!!!! the beaches here in Malaysia are fantastic hahaha....

hmmm..... i'll ask SHG to visit redang when i ask her to sign my autograph *dreaming again...* should i bring my pillow case for her to autograph??? hahahahha

oh, btw, redang is an island.... in malaysia hahahahah

haha, I was gonna ask where's redang, but you beat me to it :sweatingbullets::lol: lol, I want an autographed pillowcase too, but considering where I live, it'll just be a farfetched dream :sigh: :tears:

haha, alrighty my fellow SHGers...gotta head out to class now.

crazili: btw, I had a great time carrying a conversation with you via this thread :D Bye, see you later and I hope you have a great day :D :D :D :D :D :D :D <--- my lucky seven smiles for you :P

Guest crazili

haha, I was gonna ask where's redang, but you beat me to it :sweatingbullets::lol: lol, I want an autographed pillowcase too, but considering where I live, it'll just be a farfetched dream :sigh: :tears:

i shouldnt count my eggs before they're hatched... i might be disappointed... her schedule is not even confirmed yet..... but i shall b optimistic... i shall pray.... i shall hope... that one day, i WILL have a SHG autographed pillowcase to sleep on.......

speaking of sleeping, i've to go now... nites everyone!!!! its almost 1.30 am here... hahaha... byes

Well she is quite busy so I doubt she had time to date around a lot...plus, I think what she really means is that he was her first REAL love and relationship. Even in a recent article which was written in her own words (Cine 21 magazine/October issue) she said that when she filmed "Autumn Tale," she had never experienced "love" before...

Guest nofear11877

~~off-topic~~

kaye can i call you that? my korean classmate told us(the whole class) that one reason why they're studying in the phils. is because studying eng here is much cheaper, but i dont really like the attitude of koreans (im not generalizing) they're very brutal :lol:

yeah... you can call me by my name. really they're very brutal??? like what do you mean by brutal??? :unsure:

hello happii!!!!!!!! welcome to the thread!

song16528835929.jpg

wow... i never saw this pic before. i guess this was a stolen shot. :lol:

hi gemt!!! right now its noon here. i have to go to lunch pretty soon. :D

soutsada... thanks for posting that tidbits on SHK. me and her both like coffees... i prefer starbucks. :lol: i saw her holding a starbucks cup in one of the pics with FinkL. she's also a fan of Abercrombie clothing? i seldom went in that store. i don't know why maybe because of the bad aura in the store whenever i come in. :mellow:

Guest sweet_treats1812

ok..wat did i miss? wat did i miss??? :blink:

bwahahaha~ hello my cool fellow shgers!!! *waves waves waves* im at our skul library right now jst trying to kill time...im using their laptops and im soo frustrated coz the freakin internet is slow..dont ask me y, i have no idea :angry: i shud have jst used the regular pc's they have here...it's much faster <_<

anyways~ hey nikki, im interested to know too y u call them "brutal" :lol: like brutal in what way?

hmm...shk's first love was lee byung hun from "all in" huh? and i guess most of us know that their relationship has ended now..it must have been sad for her :( first love always is i guess?

joy, so ul be heading to scarborough, ontario then? i have no idea where that is ^ __ ^ ive only been to toronto..we went there right after visiting niagara falls..im sure ur gonna love it when u get there...

aw..kaye, wat's wrong with the abercrombie stores there? bad aura u say? :( i like their styles...but the cost.. :crazy: ive seen lots of korean stars wearing A&F clothing though..well, they're stars..they can afford it~

i havent seen that pic before too..it does look like a stolen shot..wait, u guys say it's from cebu? it doesnt look like the airport to me..or maybe they were already at a different place when that shot was taken..hu knows...

forgive me for jst jumping from topic to topic guys :sweatingbullets: jst trying to catch up with whatever it is i missed...