Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

I just read the Chinese translation of the news that I have posted about BC Card. BC Card has not renewed HyeKyo's contract. :(

I just read the Chinese translation of the news that I have posted about BC Card. BC Card has not renewed HyeKyo's contract. :(

That's awful. Her situation reminds me of Young Jae in Full HOuse when he lost his contract to another star.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

=( she just lost.. *counts* 3 CF contracts in one month!! (etude, Litmus, & BcCard) .. =( =(

at least she still has KTF & olay..

and its also times like this when I think she should consider coming out w/ a new drama!! (dramas always boost ppl's popularity lol)

Guest s3rene

and last but not least my fav. couple. callista and soutsada... feast your eyes with these two photos. :wub:

normal_wallpaper7.jpg

their one and only real kiss in autumn tale

kbs_drama_79_03.jpg

^:wub: :wub: :wub:

Aww thanks. :wub: *Kisses Kaye* My lord, that is one hot kiss between SSH and SHG.

Guest fatgrrl_slim

I dunno how should I feel about SHK losing these CF contracts left and right... part of me is sad, but another part of me says she's up to something that will just floor us. :) I can't wait for the time when she finally ends her extended vacation and some news on her new project comes out.

Re: the question about her acting... I'd give her a 7. Actually, I'd give her a higher rating if she had done more roles that will showcase her versatility more. FH is already out of the box for her, but like most of us, I wanna see her in something more off-beat. But given the fact that she can make the entire Philippine islands cry whenever she cries onscreen, I think she's already a great actress. I just wish to see her in a role that will make us 'hate' her for once.

=( she just lost.. *counts* 3 CF contracts in one month!! (etude, Litmus, & BcCard) .. =( =(

at least she still has KTF & olay..

and its also times like this when I think she should consider coming out w/ a new drama!! (dramas always boost ppl's popularity lol)

this could be she the one who choose to limit her time spent for CF project coz doing CF does require commitments & time :rolleyes:

maybe this is a gud indication that she wants to be engaged more in acting projects..who knows ^^ :D we still hv to wait & see anyway^^ hopefully soon..

I dunno how should I feel about SHK losing these CF contracts left and right... part of me is sad, but another part of me says she's up to something that will just floor us. :) I can't wait for the time when she finally ends her extended vacation and some news on her new project comes out.

Re: the question about her acting... I'd give her a 7. Actually, I'd give her a higher rating if she had done more roles that will showcase her versatility more. FH is already out of the box for her, but like most of us, I wanna see her in something more off-beat. But given the fact that she can make the entire Philippine islands cry whenever she cries onscreen, I think she's already a great actress. I just wish to see her in a role that will make us 'hate' her for once.

My gut feeling is that she is busy with some personal projects :rolleyes:

Don't blame me, just my sixth sense !!

I bet she will not renew her OLAY, UShell and KTF CF which will expire in soon.

My gut feeling is that she is busy with some personal projects :rolleyes:

Don't blame me, just my sixth sense !!

I bet she will not renew her OLAY, UShell and KTF CF which will expire in soon.

Hye Kyo glows though and from her previous appearances, I did not sense that she's unhappy/unsatisfied. My wish is that she is enjoying her life right now and that she will realize her full potential in the future. I really hope she'll be cast against type and take on a role that will floor us.

Maybe she can take a cue from Oscar-winning beauties who made themselves ugly, which highlighted their natural talents. Examples are: Nicole Kidman for The Hours and Charlize Theron for Monster and North County. :)

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

Yeah, I feel like SHK is planning something spectacular to surprise her fans with. I can't wait until she picks her new project and then later a new drama! I miss watching her on TV! My FH DVDs are so scratched because I watch it at least once every week (no exaggeration).

As for her acting, I would give her a 7 or 8. She definitely has a lot of acting talent, but her roles are limiting her growth as an actress. FH was definitely a good choice for her an actress because she finally proved everyone that she can be a versatile actress and be comedic. As for her next project I hope she'll chose some dark and challenging. Of course it would be even better if she can do so and keep her "good" image. So whatever happened to that rumor about her doing that movie about a famous hooker or something?

Guest nofear11877

u guys, there's this thread in the korean celeb photos about unseen pics of shk..i think these are new..go check it out:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45311

it's from her ktf cf...the pics are huge! and she looks pretty :blush:

candy... thanks for posting the links. as always she looks glamorous on those pics. but i think shanda mentioned that those weren't the new ktf cf pics. :sweatingbullets:

aww... how painful. she's losing contracts left and right. i wonder what could she be up to? :unsure:

So whatever happened to that rumor about her doing that movie about a famous hooker or something?

i don't know nancy. :unsure: i guess that rumor was just really another rumor. :sweatingbullets: we'll just have to see and wait what she does. by the way, im lovin' your dbsg avie!!! :wub:

Guest kneekey

WHAT THE?!? why would these companies stop renewing shk's contract?!(even though i kinda know the answer) :tears: oh they'll see, once they see that shk already has a good project then they'll how big shk is a loss to their product :angry:

Guest soutsada7

wahh, haven't been back here for a day and I see that we've progressed beyond the surface of things, thanks to Jamie ;)

anyway, to answer Jamie's provocative question, I'd rate SHG a 7.5. SHG is a very talented, young, and beautiful actress and she has great potential to sky rocket to the highest peak of her career; however, like many of you have mentioned, she seems to be stuck in portraying similar roles, of course with the exception of Full House. I was never exposed to K-dramas until FH, so I didn't really know what to expect of SHG, or the other Korean actors/actresses for that matter; however, I do agree with you Jamie that she did over-exaggerate her expressions a bit in the first few episodes and of course some of her crying scenes in FH could be a bit more convincing, no offence intended :sweatingbullets: I have yet to see her other dramas, so I can't say much about those.

As for her role in AIMH, I thought it was really well portrayed, especially for an amateur actress at the time (she was only like 18?); however, some of the crying scenes did annoy me a bit though I love this drama, I guess I'm enough of a sport to admit this.

Again, I agree with you Jamie on her perspective on "my girl and I"...I tried to be open-minded about it, but the story line is indeed very cliched...K-movies in general aren't my specialties; however, I was willing to give this movie a try because SHG starred in it and even more important, this was her debut movie. Unfortunately, the movie didn't really grab my interest :( I know that SHG chose this project just because the role made her feel at home; however, many risk-takers have accomplished wonders. I really think that SHG has the potential to be in the same level as LYG in terms of the talent compartment or maybe even surpass LYG given time; however, she just needs the right roles for her to portray and I'm sure she'll do so with flying colors ;) I do want to see her in a role that'll really stump the audiences, especially her fans (that is, stump in a good way :P), so all in all I gave her that extra .5 for her consistency in sufficiently portraying all the roles she was given. I know she can certainly surpass our expectations and I'll be waiting to see such hope manifested into reality :D

her eyebrows looks fine to me soutsada. :sweatingbullets: but with those eyebrows she looks extra scary and intimidating. i bet she's thinking, "what now punk!!! you want a piece of me???".

soutsada... im really :wacko: over dbsg. they are the 3rd most lovable koreans in my list (SSH &SHK are my top two). :lol: and i'll remember now from now that we're twins so i won't question you again over our similarities. :D

you have a thing for healthy hair??? :sweatingbullets: i kinda do too. except i wish my hair was more managable to fix/glam up like hye kyo. :phew:

PAGE 328 OWNED BY KAYE!!! :P

oh, yeah, her natural eyebrows are beautiful (though a bit thick); however, it seems that the make-up artist brushed them in a bit darker and thicker than the usual, giving her an "evil" air :P

awww, I guess SHG's prepping for her next big project? :sounding very hopeful:

so beautiful......

welcome to the thread aimrun :D Hope to see you around here more :D

Guest kneekey

as to what jamie asked, i'll probably rate shg 8.7. i know im biased and whatever, but in almost all kdramas that i saw she's the only actress that leave my mouth hang open because on how convincingly she has portrayed her role. i know some will beg to disagree with me but really, ive seen korean actresses act and some of them were <_< but there are also some who made an impact like lya & ldh among others. why not 10 if im like going gaga over her? because there is always room for improvement. i also noticed that all the roles she portrays are the same and i think its also her asset because she portrays it very well. and i agree with soutsada that if only she will accept roles out of her box then thats what gonna set her to sky rocket and we'll all know how versatile she is (even though we know it already) like ldh (from green rose to my girl). and i know that if she will accept roles that are challenging then im sure that i will give her a higher rate

Guest muffin707

I never thought asian people were good looking, growing up in the western country my ideas of what is good looking was westernised. However the first time I saw her in Autumn Love Story I thought she was stunning. I also thought the leading guy in the series I think his name is Hun something Seung was really good looking. But the more I look at her I less attractive she become, recently I think she may have had some plastic surgery done, she doesnt look the same as she used to, she kinda looks ordinary to me now. Anyhow I do love her acting and that whats important for an actress, not looks. :P