Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

Guest soutsada7

Wendy: I see you've made another addition to your siggy :P Nice siggy btw ;)

yeah, SHG has been in the show biz for a very long time and her taking an extended vacation isn't going to affect her career all that much, but it's fans like me who really wanna see her onscreen already, lol, j/k j/k...but it would be really nice to at least get some news on what her next project will be even if she's on vacation right now...no news at all though :(

Guest s3rene

^ Soutsada, you sound like you wanted to stalk our unnie and see what she is doing. :P :P I know what you mean though. The last series of hers I saw was Sunlight Pours Down and I miss her too. It'd be awesome if I could see her again in a series with whoever. :D

Guest nofear11877

^ If she is on vacation, then let her enjoy herself and rest. I don't see why she needs to overwork when she is enough famous already. Enjoying life is more important. :)

yeah... SHK needs a break, but i think its time for her to get back in the spotlight cuz a lot of people are missing her now like me. :lol:

She would always remain the top actress in Korea for all I know.

i agree. ;) she will definitely remain the top actress in korea.

^ Soutsada, you sound like you wanted to stalk our unnie and see what she is doing. :P :P I know what you mean though. The last series of hers I saw was Sunlight Pours Down and I miss her too. It'd be awesome if I could see her again in a series with whoever. :D

to tell the truth... if i knew where she were, i would stalk her. :ph34r: but only for a while like an hour or two. but i wouldn't be a dangerous stalker. i'll be a friendly stalker. :lol:

hi soutsada! :waves: :D

Guest sweet_treats1812

hahahaha~ i feel bad for all of us here..we're all thirsting for news of her and yet it's still kinda hard to find some...mwehehe...but u guys are right though~ she's been in the business for a long time and i dont think her fans are gonna forget her that easily jst coz she's been lying low for a while..

she'll be back before we know it! for the moment..let's all jst standby and wait to see what she's up to next..shgers~ aja aja FIGHTING! ---> weee! i seldom use that phrase :D

okie dokies..im heading off to bed now..gud night u guys! see u all tomorrow! im so happy soompi's back to normal.. :lol:

These days most K-actors and actresses opt for movies instead of dramas..but with the screen quota about to be implemented in July, I hope to see more of them returning to the small screen again. Would really love to see SHG in another drama soon !

Seriously I think Hyegyo cannot take too long a vacation at this point in time because other Korean actresses are hitting the limelights in movies these days. For examples..LYA and Jeon Jihyun. If she wants to make it really on the big screen, she needs a character role that would make the audience sit up ! I am not doubting her acting skills (she's an excellent actress), but she needs it to propel her to further stardom because she's relatively young ! :D

I agree with you Wendy. She needs a "breakout" role right now. (I am thinking ala Dorothy Boyd of Jerry Maguire in the case or Renee Zellwegger) :)

Guest soutsada7

interesting idea skylar ;) I would definitley love to see her in a very challenging role *cough* the poetic artist *cough* :P

yeah... SHK needs a break, but i think its time for her to get back in the spotlight cuz a lot of people are missing her now like me. :lol:

i agree. ;) she will definitely remain the top actress in korea.

to tell the truth... if i knew where she were, i would stalk her. :ph34r: but only for a while like an hour or two. but i wouldn't be a dangerous stalker. i'll be a friendly stalker. :lol:

hi soutsada! :waves: :D

puwahahaha, kaye, I just had the same thought...oh, oh, here we go with another twins' effect :lol::P anyway, yeah, I do agree with you that SHG's been too long in the limelight for her popularity to dwindle or for her fans to abandon her...I'm not worried about her popularity, per se, I'm more on the side of high anticipation to see her back in the spotlight ;)

nite Candy and all my wonderful SHGers who are going to sleep right about now.

Guest kneekey

hahahaha~ i feel bad for all of us here..we're all thirsting for news of her and yet it's still kinda hard to find some...mwehehe...but u guys are right though~ she's been in the business for a long time and i dont think her fans are gonna forget her that easily jst coz she's been lying low for a while..

she'll be back before we know it! for the moment..let's all jst standby and wait to see what she's up to next..shgers~ aja aja FIGHTING! ---> weee! i seldom use that phrase :D

okie dokies..im heading off to bed now..gud night u guys! see u all tomorrow! im so happy soompi's back to normal.. :lol:

agree with you candy i dont think a little vacation would make her less as an actress (sorry, idk the right word for these :() but i cant wait for her to have a new project already

Guest soutsada7

ya she is a real beautiful when i use the word real i mean "real"

how u put like pix on here

hi RyCeBoi209, welcome to our thread :D anyway, I agree with you that SHG's a real beauty ;)

to post up pix, you need a web server/host...the ideal one for newbies would be photobucket...go here www.photobucket.com and register for an account...it's free. once you have an account, upload the pix and it'll give you a "url"...copy that url...get back on soompi and click on the tab on top of your message box, the one of the tree...then paste the url on the command box that pops up...you're pretty much set from here, so just click "add reply" and your pix/images should show...hope that helps :D

Guest kneekey

Song Hye Gyo nominated for the 42nd Paek-sang Arts Awards - 1st round

bestnewcomer3wn.jpg

popularity2xw.jpg

she's nominated in the best newcomer & most popular.

go to: http://enports.joins.com/100sang/nominees_01.html for more info.

credits: PaekSang Arts Awards website

oh, i hope she wins *crosses fingers* btw, why is there "1st round"??is there also a 2nd round (it reminds me of boxing matches.lol :lol: )

I don't mean that she would lose her popularity in Korea, she would not because she's beautiful and really can act. But I would like her to be in the same league as LYA whose fame shot sky high after Jang Dae Geum and that movie directed by Park Chan Wook..Revenge of Lady Sympathy (I can never get this right !) These days she gets invited everywhere and she's not even that beautiful and over 30 already.

Wouldn't we be proud of SHG and thrilled for her if same thing happens to her soon ? :D

Guest Jamieâ„¢

^

^ lol nikki, now that you mention it, it does sorta sound like a boxing match :P

I don't even know if she'll win anything, or if she'll even go. I remember last year she was nominated in this (for the drama catagory) and she didn't attend the awards. I noticed that Song Hye Gyo likes to keep a really low profile. She rarely appears on shows (I was soo surprised when she appeared on YDH's Love Letter! lol) and I never see her in any events either, like fashion shows etc.

I just read an article about Kim Ock Bin replacing Song Hye Gyo as the new Litmus model lol I didn't know about this! It kinda makes me sad that she's losing all these CF deals.. oh wells, Song Hye Gyo Fighting! ^^

Guest soutsada7

^^yeah, I heard that too...I'm sad, but I'm sure there will be other endorsements for her to endorse in the near future, so I'm not worried at all, just sad that I won't be appreciating Litmus the way I enjoyed it when SHG was the endorser :tears: lol, now that both you and nikki mentioned it, it does sound like a boxing match...c'mon let's cheer for SHG to kick richard simmons...assah!!! :throws hands in the air :P:

I don't mean that she would lose her popularity in Korea, she would not because she's beautiful and really can act. But I would like her to be in the same league as LYA whose fame shot sky high after Jang Dae Geum and that movie directed by Park Chan Wook..Revenge of Lady Sympathy (I can never get this right !) These days she gets invited everywhere and she's not even that beautiful and over 30 already.

Wouldn't we be proud of SHG and thrilled for her if same thing happens to her soon ? :D

yep, I would be so proud of our SHG if the same thing happens to her...like Jaimie said, SHG likes to keep a very low profile (one of the reasons why I so admire her; she doesn't strive to be in the spotlight like other stars :D), so even if she gets invited to shows and such, I think the chance of her attending is very small, yet I would still like to hear about her getting invited to all these events like you mentioned Wendy ;):D

alrighty, my wonderful SHGers, gotta go to bed now, my eyes are drooping on me :P

Guest kneekey

^

^ lol nikki, now that you mention it, it does sorta sound like a boxing match :P

I don't even know if she'll win anything, or if she'll even go. I remember last year she was nominated in this (for the drama catagory) and she didn't attend the awards. I noticed that Song Hye Gyo likes to keep a really low profile. She rarely appears on shows (I was soo surprised when she appeared on YDH's Love Letter! lol) and I never see her in any events either, like fashion shows etc.

I just read an article about Kim Ock Bin replacing Song Hye Gyo as the new Litmus model lol I didn't know about this! It kinda makes me sad that she's losing all these CF deals.. oh wells, Song Hye Gyo Fighting! ^^

even if doesn't go to award, etc. i still hope she wins, but i dont get why she's not attending awards. i suppose artists are there to interact with their fellow artists & to show-off their gowns?!?. but maybe she's just too humble

Guest sweet_treats1812

hmmm..now that u guys mention it, shk doesnt come out too often to guest in shows and stuff, does she?

wonder why that is..she must be a really private person... :unsure:

oh wells..im just here sitting by waiting to catch some news on her hahaha~ ooohhh..and i really shud get down to watching all in.. :sweatingbullets:

anyways..i cudnt seem to find the thread today so i resorted to looking for it in the official threads directory :lol: morning everyone!

Guest soutsada7

^^lol, I couldn't find the thread either...I was just blind though cause it was right smack on the first page :P

anyway, here are more pix of SHG :D

credit: HyE kYo @ songhyekyo.asian-ent.com

134102900.jpg

134102902.jpg

134102906.jpg

IS she still on vacation? I really want to know what is new with her. It would be really good if she can have a project that would show her range as an actress. SOmething that is out of her comfort zone, that way a lot of people can discover that she is just not a pretty actress but the real deal. SOmebody needs to gamble a bit and do it. I guess she is bored with the usual roles she gets offered. But hopefully we will see her soon.

All these lost endorsements makes me sad, but I am hopeful that there is a silver lining to all these.

Guest soutsada7

IS she still on vacation? I really want to know what is new with her. It would be really good if she can have a project that would show her range as an actress. SOmething that is out of her comfort zone, that way a lot of people can discover that she is just not a pretty actress but the real deal. SOmebody needs to gamble a bit and do it. I guess she is bored with the usual roles she gets offered. But hopefully we will see her soon.

All these lost endorsements makes me sad, but I am hopeful that there is a silver lining to all these.

yep, I believe she's still on vacation...I haven't anything to indicate otherwise :( I know about the endorsments; they make me sad like you, but like you said, there's always a silver lining within all these sad events/news :) I hope she does choose a role that allows her to show her versatility as an actress :D

anyway, here's one more pix of SHG...well, a set of pix, that is :P

134105279.jpg

credit: songhyekyo.asian-ent.com

Guest sweet_treats1812

134102902.jpg

thanks for all the pics soutsada! for some reason, i really love this one even though it's a bit blurry...she looks really cute here :blush: