Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Current Drama JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Guest lifein

Hi Chingu, have you seen his videos on MBC's FM4U? Someone uploaded on YouTube. Here are the links :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSK4uCELd4

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wIQ_9RlFXOs

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_WLK3spKKtE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hBIoRKqKq1g

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCRyAg23TQ

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7FuLy6ezYvY

I love the atmosphere of the show. He was so relax. I really enjoyed his smile that made my face blush :\"> :\"> :x

Guest lifein

it seems this day will be the last day for our man in Jeju Island (his friend IG status said that). these 3 days in Jeju are becoming unforgettable journey for them. Here are the links of some Picts which haven't posted in this forums. Have a nice day chingu!

11007815_1383275248660074_1244251155_n.j

https://igcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11055834_1415721915396421_2075305810_n.jpg

10787778_1787856568106201_1527932575_n.j

Guest chaybags55

The price of being a celebrity , always wearing a mask. His fave character nowadays I guess is NINJA TURTLE :)) :)) :))

@lifein and@booha .thank you for posting the photos of his Jeju holiday. Im happy to see our man enjoying and having fun with his buddies before enlistment. He deserves those after 2 yrs of working non - stop... It seems these are the same guys who were  with him in Thailand. Yes, I agree with you @chaybags,   privacy becomes very scarce for  popular celebrities like him... tried  to be incognito...

Hi Chingu, have you seen his videos on MBC's FM4U? Someone uploaded on YouTube. Here are the links : youtube.com/watch?v=xoSK4uCELd4 

I love the atmosphere of the show. He was so relax. I really enjoyed his smile that made my face blush :\"> :\"> :x

*** Thanks for sharing the videos. I couldn't agree with you more - he looks so relax. And he looks so fine.

:)>-

The price of being a celebrity , always wearing a mask

. His fave character nowadays I guess is NINJA TURTLE

:)

)

)

)

*** Hahaha - ye, wearing this facial mask to hide their face in public. But, one reason also why he's wearing mask is because he might have colds.....in consideration of those around him. Likewise, he may also wear a mask to guard himself from whatever illness is going around. In particular, wearing  masks has become so popular among celebs in Korea over the past few

years that the media has begun labeling it as a “fashion trend.” Hahaha -  :))

it seems this day will be the last day for our man in Jeju Island (his friend IG status said that). these 3 days in Jeju are becoming unforgettable journey for them. Here are the links of some Picts which haven't posted in this forums. Have a nice day chingu!

*** Thanks for sharing the photos.  :)>-

Choi Jin Hyuk Wants To Romance Gong Hyo Jin

Choi Jin Hyuk has not left for his two-year mandatory military duty and he is already talking about what he wants to do when he comes back.

The actor discussed his enlistment on the March 10 broadcast of the MBC program "2 O'Clock Date."

"This is the last broadcast appearance I will make before I join the army," he said.

And he talked about his plans. What he really wants to do when he comes back is to film another romantic comedy and he knows exactly which actress he would like to film one with.

He has romantic comedy history with some popular actresses. He protected and nurtured Jang Nara's character in "Fated to Love You" and played Song Ji Hyo's doctor ex in "Emergency Couple."

But there is one female star that he would most like to work with.

"I would like to film a romantic comedy with Gong Hyo Jin," he said.

He has in fact worked with her before. He had a supporting role in the drama "Pasta." And in that drama Gong Hyo Jin played the aspiring chef that eventually won the respect and love of the dictatorial head chef played by Lee Sun Gyun.

"I filmed a drama called 'Pasta' with Gong Hyo Jin," he said. "And at the time I thought, 'I wish I was Lee Sun Gyun."

Gong Hyo Jin has worked with some of the most popular leading men, including Cha Seung Won, Jo In Sung and So Ji Sub. And it's the way she works with them that interests Choi Jin Hyuk.

"Gong Hyo Jin's acting is really lovely and I think she is really good at relating to and working with actors," he said. "Plus, all the actors that acted opposite her became successful. So I'd like to work with her at least once."

He discussed his army enrollment with his "Fated To Love You" co-star Jang Hyuk, who gave him some valuable advice.

"As Jang Hyuk said, I can learn many things while serving and have some time to reflect upon myself as an actor," he said. "I think I will be able to return after maturing in many ways. I don't have a lot of time to reflect upon myself during promotions, carrying out so many schedules, so I believe that I'll be able to think about many things during my time at the army."

Choi Jin Hyuk will report for duty on March 31.

Thank you @lifein for finding MBC FM4U videos. I guess I should translate them in some point but I glanced through the first one.   In it CJH mentioned about meeting with a production team(? from the previous work he had/ ? MBC PP team) the day before.  I remembered CJH said that he wanted to do rom-com after MS in the news articles.  As matter a fact that someone posted an article today which is the similar ones posted before.  I know I’m merely speculating but I wonder if a discussion actually happened about his future project.  Maybe some writer or PDnim wanted to develop a drama for CJH.  CJH could say like ‘a drama’ in a general term but he said specifically rom-com.  Then of course he also brought the name of ‘Gong Hyo Jin’ (Isn’t she favorite to the famous writernim, Hong sis/ sorry I’m just beating a bush about CJH/GHJ/Hong sis stuff huhuu)

@willenette A mask as “fashion trend”  That’s funny!  In the pictures I saw two wore the masks. It could be one of CJH’s buddies, who has a cold like CJH or perhaps he doesn’t want to get a cold bug (thinking ‘hey buddy JH! I know I’m your buddy but sharing a cold should be off limit right?’ hehe)   Btw You posted a very interesting article previously.  So I spent a few hours in the thread. I read some news about him before but it looks like it is still rolling down the hill. TTT

@chaybags55 I like what you said about his look. Perhaps he could play NINJA TURTLE (in a fusion saguk) after MS.

x1jewGG.jpg

@SherlyH  thank you for the article

11007815_1383275248660074_1244251155_n.j

https://igcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11055834_1415721915396421_2075305810_n.jpg

10787778_1787856568106201_1527932575_n.j

I looked at the airport pictures. Even in those pictures I would still pick a wrong guy.   Thank you

Kd0sbqN.jpg

aoWvZUO.jpg

940tDMN.jpg

So it's definitely him on Instagram? *fangirlsloudly*

@frankrich Hello!  Hopefully your life and job haven’t been too

hectic for you.   I’m posting two gifs made by a dc fan.  I read

that they were made from individual frames(?)   I don’t know much about

making gifs but you do and hopefully you might think they are

interesting.  Take care

Those blinking eyes are great

JeUvfr.gif

FmEvjY.gif

cr to DC

March 18, 2015

Entertainment industry heading for shortage of leading men

Korea’s entertainment industry is set for a shortage of leading men in

the coming years, with some of the hottest stars set to begin their

mandatory National Service.

On March 31, Kim Jae-joong and Choi Jin-hyuk are scheduled to begin

their service, while Kim Hyun-joong is expected to begin his service in

the near future.

Although less imminent, male stars including Park Yoo-chun, Lee

Seung-gi, Ji Cahng-wook, Jang Keun-suk, Lee Min-ho and Kim Soo-hyun are

likely to serve their country in the near future as they are all past

the usual age for beginning military service.

While there is no “right age” for joining the military, the majority of

Korean men do the National Service in their early 20s, with Park and the

others in their mid to late 20s.

With the National Service taking them out of the public eye for around

two years, the stars are hoping to leave a strong image in their

remaining time.

Park is set to star in a new miniseries on SBS during the first half of

this year, while Kim Soo-hyun is getting ready to return to the small

screen with a new KBS drama.

Lee Seung-gi is reported to be focusing on his singing career and Ji on

movies, while Lee Min-ho is enjoying success on the big screen with the

movie “Gangnam 1970.”

With major players expected to begin the National Service one after

another, the local entertainment industry is said to be concentrating on

finding new faces and developing new projects based on existing works. 

By Choi He-suk (cheesuk@heraldcorp.com)

This Japanese article (2 articles?)  was translated by a dc fan then I translated it into English.

CJH stopped his entertainment activities as his enlistment date was set on Mar 31.  But the Japanese fans received happy news that they would see him appear even after he’s enlisted. The movie, ‘Vampire in Love’ is scheduled for screenings April 17 and the fans will be able to see him through the movie. Hallyu Pia ventured to accompany the secret shooting which took place in Japan in June last year.

A simple man’s recipe, by Choi Jin Hyuk
CJH shows a recipe of a simple home cooked meal which is easy to cook and tasty that any man can cook too.
((Smoked salmon salad ))
For diet it’s salad but the focal point of this dish is about salmon fish rather than vegetables!   In the circle of actors, salmon is famous as good food for the ‘dark circle’ on one’s eyes.  Overnight shooting is very common in making Kdramas and salmon as the essential food is made to eat a lot of it by piling on high with thick layers instead of making it topping. The white wine is excellent together with the meal.

** footnote about salmon:
Any seafood raised with a farming method has a high content of mercury. High dose of mercury in one’s body is not good, especially for the youngsters, the elders and pregnant women.   If you aren’t familiar with ‘mercury poisoning,’ you should check it out (google). Some recommend that farm raised fish/seafood should be consumed only once week or less.

nDkWAk8.jpg

25vCAWj.jpg
cr to DC

Three videos are from ‘the real’ fan café YT.   As always they are well made and they have many excellent photos.

( About #3 video, I had difficulty translating it and please read it as something approximate??!!  )

최진혁 공식팬카페 'theReal' Official Youtube

[theReal] 2015 최진혁 팬미팅 '약속' 주의사항

(translation)

(016)  thump thump, the second date with him,

(020) the trembling heart   (024) because I’m going to see you

(029)  Precautions for enjoying a fun fan meeting!

(035)  NO~ NO!  pictures, video recording, voice recording~?

(038)  The neighborhood oppa will be shouting !

(042)  (NO~ NO! bringing food in the theater~?

(046)  Dark WR will grab your neck~!

(056)  NO~ NO! concession even 10 seconds on your smartphone ~?

(054)  The regretful feeling in your heart will be crushed

(102)  Full of excitement  Time of appointment .. Together ..

[theReal] 2015 최진혁 팬미팅 '약속' Opening

(** Music:  "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction )

[theReal] 2015 최진혁 팬미팅 '약속' Ending-팬메세지

(translation)

(003) Do you know?  (006) What is that you meant to us …

(012) Even looking at your face makes me smile (017) Mere thinking about you causes my heart to flutter …

(022) We come from different ages, jobs and living environment   (028)Under the name of CJH, all of us became one …

(033) You are such a great person. (037) For awhile, we will not see you

(044) With this feeling unchanged we will wait for you

(051) Our constant love is the promise from us to you

(058) Whenever you run into hard times … 

(103) there will be somebody who is always concerned about you and will be there to cheer for you

(109) so remember it and cheer.

(113) Be healthy Be well …

(116) Saying a goodbye only for moment …

Edited by booha

@booha...thank u yet again for the translations! Lovely!! You made my day! Nevermind the "approximate"...they're good enuf for Korean-illiterates like me!!! Hehe... :D B-) Happy day booha! p/s Hahaha! So Oppa's already got started on his food column! Looking forward to more! Did he say he'll be doing this as a pastime while in the army?

@meili29 Do you mean he might become an army chef?? That's really funny to imagine CJH with a chef's hat in the army!! Sadly he confessed that he didn't know how to cook except a few light meals like making a simple salad and he really hoped his future wife would be an excellent cook. However I'm posting a very interesting photo. Well It looks like CJH is in process of turning in Kim Tae Ho.

Hyukssi girls  Our guy had a new (wulalala) hair cut.
oerMCla.jpg
cr to DC

Guest cjhasia

Hi all, sorry for the long disappearance.  I want to upload some photos from Hong Kong but I am really an idiot in soompi. can anyone help me?  these photos are taken by me at the FM. At first I do not want to share cos others have taken better shots than me, but to show my love, i prefer to share a few here.  I wanted to take a detox from our dearest actor but i think i cannot do it, so decided to come back and read about him.  

Guest cjhasia

glad that he is having fun.  At least before his enlistment.  Just a biggest wish to fulfill, hope his cough recovers before his enlistment.  Hope he don't drink and smoke too much. this may worsen the case.  Well anyway just my wishful thinking, he will be fine. ;-p

cjhasia said: Hi all, sorry for the long disappearance.  I want to upload some photos from Hong Kong but I am really an idiot in soompi. can anyone help me?  these photos are taken by me at the FM. At first I do not want to share cos others have taken better shots than me, but to show my love, i prefer to share a few here.  I wanted to take a detox from our dearest actor but i think i cannot do it, so decided to come back and read about him.  

PS I’m still trying very hard to learn how to talk/discussion in soompi.

1 (under ‘soompi community’)  click => rules, news, & feedbackU7iGGb9.jpg

2 It will take you to this page which shows you many how-to –do but I screencaped on page #1 in this link Soompi Forum How-Tos

6 voila! A picture! 

elYHvGB.jpg

((how to change a picture size))

7 click on mouse inside of a picture => drag (/or put) the mouse on any small rectangle till it becomes black => then drag it with L or R side /or up or down.

ZwP4Q6J.jpg

3 soompi forum how-tos (=> scroll down to 'adding an image' )

mECluy8.jpg

4 adding an image

bAjVjjt.jpg

5 ‘Reply’ (editor box ) to show where to paste the link and then to click on ‘submit’

kkVQ4UE.jpg

wUGOmcN.jpg

fXWwuXi.jpg

8 enlarged picture on the right side

c9rG9Sd.jpg

9 click mouse outside of a picture frame

6aEghTf.jpg

Edited by booha

Guest chaybags55

cjhasia said: glad that he is having fun.  At least before his enlistment.  Just a biggest wish to fulfill, hope his cough recovers before his enlistment.  Hope he don't drink and smoke too much. this may worsen the case.  Well anyway just my wishful thinking, he will be fine. ;-p