Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Tunnel EP2: average rating 3.1% and the highest, 3.7%

@willenette    Yup the ratings for EP2 went up. Thank goodness  It was nice to see many good reviews about  the drama.     You are right. It is very crucial for any drama to have good ratings in early episodes.  I know a cable drama doesn’t  have to depend on the direct advertisement  revenue like a public station drama  but  still it has to have  good ratings in order to bring in more subscribed viewers and many product endorsements.      

It seemed CJH has been very anxious about his drama.  He said he tried to watch today’s episode live in his van between shootings but he got  EP1 instead.  By now he should know about today’s ratings.  I’m sure he feels relieved.  But then he has to go through it all over again till the end of the drama.  :wacko:

'Studying hard Kwang Ho'

21 minutes ago, booha said:

Tunnel EP2: average rating 3.1% and the highest, 3.7%

@willenette    Yup the ratings for EP2 went up. Thank goodness  It was nice to see many good reviews about  the drama.     You are right. It is very crucial for any drama to have good ratings in early episodes.  I know a cable drama doesn’t  have to depend on the direct advertisement  revenue like a public station drama  but  still it has to have  good ratings in order to bring in more subscribed viewers and many product endorsements.      

It seemed CJH has been very anxious about his drama.  He said he tried to watch today’s episode live in his van between shootings but he got  EP1 instead.  By now he should know about today’s ratings.  I’m sure he feels relieved.  But then he has to go through it all over again till the end of the drama.  :wacko:

'Studying hard Kwang Ho'

Hi booha, thanks for sharing the photos.  The two actors demonstrated the strong detective bond in the drama. CJH is showing his best side so far. :lol:

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 1:40 AM, booha said:

Thank you @willenette   @msrose122   I have been rather busy lately   I know I have to slow down this soompi activity but the timing  doesn’t seem right.   OCN/Tunnel team/CJH’s agency are in full swing mode with Tunnel promotion.   So much stuff!!  Oh well I will try my best.  Have a good day.   Btw Finally real spring has arrived in the Midwest  with a male cardinal in shiny red plume and singing so urgently and breathlessly. :rolleyes::D  

PS "The Mystery of Antiaging Secret of PKH."   Oh yes Isn’t that so amusing.   I love it.  I’m working on the translation now.   

Tunnel PC

before PC, getting all dolled up

booha, thanks for sharing this presscon picture. Wahhh........I guess I missed this. They held its press conference a few days ago, right? It's really a NICE feeling because it's a  return of Choi Jin Hyuk to the small screen. The drama has already started its run. And it's good. Here are MORE photos during the presscon : :lol:

tunc3.jpg?w=620&h=930

tunc1.jpg

tunc2.jpg

Spoiler

tunc6.jpg?w=620&h=930

cr-breathlesssurvival

Spoiler

• Like 3

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Tunnel - Drama" Episode 2

photo833122.jpg

The time travel element is introduced in episode two of "Tunnel - Drama" and it comes with some unnerving albeit helpful manifestations for our stranded detective. Gwang-ho deals with the shock of his current situation while at the same time trying to fit in and keep up. We get a new main character who is shrouded in mystery, but familiar people and faces from the past are also complicating the mystery and Gwang-ho's confusion.

I did not expect "Tunnel - Drama" to focus on the time travel aspect much and it may still drop it in favor of detective work, but I am extremely intrigued by it nontheless. There are so many elements about it which are gripping and eerie. Yeon-sook (Lee Si-ah) hearing Gwang-ho's (Choi Jin-hyuk) voice in the tunnel, the plants growing back on it and his unknown benefactor, who can be of human nature or not, are making me curious and excited.

Yeon-sook briefly hears Gwang-hoSeon-jae having been bested by Gwang-ho

The reason I say "of human nature or not" is because it can go either way at the moment. If it is a person who falsified his transfer order and got him an apartment, then someone knew who he is the moment he reached 2016. The killer would have no reason to help Gwang-ho, so who did? On the other hand, these events could just be time fixing the discrepancies in Gwang-ho's existence, which would make this supernatural force potentially sentient and this story much creepier.

For now all we know is that he appears to be in the same universe or rather timeline, since people from his past are still around and have memories consistent with his disappearance from 1986. Which brings me to another important question and that is the why. Why did he travel and why will be become involved in the same case? Will he think solving it will get him back or will someone he knows be in danger in the present?

Jae-i thinking about the serial killerSeong-sik being shaken by Gwang-ho's presence

I am looking forward to our new characters and especially Sin Jae-i (Lee Yoo-young). As entertaining as the battle of male ego between Gwang-ho and Kim Seon-jae (Yoon Hyeon-min) is, Seon-jae is not particularly appealing yet and Jae-i is where the mystery is at. I do not believe she pushes people to suicide, obviously, but her presence might mean that the series will also focus on the inner world of killers.

"Tunnel - Drama" might not be reinventing the wheel, but it is so far a highly gripping story. I feel emotionally invested in Gwang-ho and also his hopefully timeless partner, Jeon Seong-sik (Jo Hee-bong). I look forward to the murder mystery and the possibility of delving into killers' minds. My imagination is also piqued by the time travel element. All in all, this is a nice introduction to the series.

"Tunnel - Drama" is directed by Sin Yong-hwi and Kim Seong-min-I, written by Lee Eun-mi-III and features Choi Jin-hyuk, Yoon Hyeon-min and Lee Yoo-young.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

Credit : Hancinema

• Like 1

@willenette

Thank you for the PC pictures. 

I enjoyed watching EP1&2.  CJH said when he first saw the script he was quite taken by the character Park Kwang Ho.  Now I can see why CJH wanted to play Park Kwang Ho who is from 1986 and now is in 2017.   It would be a challenge playing PKH but he did well.  Many news articles reviewed very positively about  his portrayal of detective PKH.  :blush:    

CJH proved  as reliable actor through his stable acting ability

dRgps41.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1171040

SF5JTsn.gif

16 minutes ago, booha said:

@willenette

Thank you for the PC pictures. 

I enjoyed watching EP1&2.  CJH said when he first saw the script he was quite taken by the character Park Kwang Ho.  Now I can see why CJH wanted to play Park Kwang Ho who is from 1986 and now is in 2017.   It would be a challenge playing PKH but he did well.  Many news articles reviewed very positively about  his portrayal of detective PKH.  :blush:    

CJH proved  as reliable actor through his stable acting ability

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1171040

Hi booha, the drama is good & I enjoyed it, too -  it’s just that the first episode of "Tunnel" was rather slow-paced. But, the second episode, which depicts CJH waking up to find out that he has time-travelled 30 years to the present and encountering the fifth victim's body killed by the serial killer he was chasing after in the past, was full of various interesting clues and characters. The drama's time-slip element fits the story & not just following a current trend. :lol: Thanks for sharing the link of the article.

• Like 1

hey guys have you seen this picture it's soo adorable, I wish we could see these two reunite in the near future as a couple in another project i'm still totally obseesed with their drama, it still gives me soo much feels

1118.jpg

• Like 1

Hyukssi made another surprise  IG-live today but it was a very brief one.  Maybe he had to return to the shooting unexpectedly.  In this time he came on with jelly candy(?).  Also  another IG showed Hyukssi was with YHM. 

CJH HK FB posted IG-live  pictures. These pictures look like some fans captured them in live stream so Hyukssi here looks a bit off, like one photo showing him holding a jelly bag with his eyes closed.:)

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group added 4 new photos.

0Fadl9e.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSNdbqxBreh/?tagged=최진혁

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSNfc2XgIJQ/?tagged=최진혁

• Like 1

***  "Tunnel," has become the talk of the town on Weibo.  The number of posts mentioning "Tunnel" rose to more than 660,000. This is surprising because currently there's an import ban on South Korean cultural products since last year, right?  Although I read that despite the culture ban, it's been widely reported that Korean shows are readily available in China through illegal sites that stream pirated shows. Well, I'm happy for CJH & the drama team! :lol:

• Like 1

@willenette

I read about it too. I’m trying to translate one article about it.  I’m glad there are many overseas fans for CJH. It seems they are very active in promoting for CJH and Tunnel.  Yes one article mentioned about these illegal sites so some people overseas could watch kdramas.  

‘Tunnel’ CJH, has made it to overseas …  with word-of-mouth through Global SNS after airing 2 episodes

ItgQUtQ.jpg

Spoiler

CJH has captured the attention of the overseas fans through his comeback project ‘Tunnel’. 

‘Tunnel’ staring CJH as the lead, became the word-of-mouth news overseas after its first week premiere was a hit.

‘Tunnel’, OCN crime drama, has sprung up with the average rating 3% after 2 episodes. ‘PKH’s one man show’ in which the character  occupied  80% of screen time in EP1&2, drew a great interest and enthusiasm from the overseas fans. The detective PKH was able to show his opposite  charming personalities through acting rough as well as revealing his warm side only  to his wife YS.

In particular, in the Chinese version of  Twitter Weibo about  the ‘Tunnel’ topic, the number of views rose to more than 660,000 as of March 30, the 5th day of broadcasting. Despite the Korean entertainment ban established by China, the drama attracted high interest followers. The Chinese netizens at Weibo  commented with a variety of opinions, such as  one was surprised at the contents of the scary murder case (ID_Summer_Heart) or  Kim Sun Jae might be the son of Park Kwang Ho (ID_miotsu).  Southeast Asian fans are also cheering for the actor and drama with diverse hashtags such as #choijinhyuk #welcomeback #dramatunnel, along with drama photos and official posters, focusing on SNS such as Twitter and Instagram.

Previously Choi Jin-hyuk had gained popularity in all over Asia and won various foreign fans, with the dramas like ‘Heirs’,  ‘EC’ and Taiwanese remake ‘Fated to Love You’, and now he has returned to the drama 'Tunnel' and is happy  to receive a lot of support from the overseas fans.  

On the premiere of ‘Tunnel’, Filipino fans celebrated its first broadcast with ‘Hashtag Party’, which has a hash tag in CJH with the English name on Twitter’s timeline. This site is  actively promoting ‘Tunnel’ through support pages.  

Choi Jin-hyuk's agency, GTreeCreative said, “We are amazed that there are continuous inquiries through official SNS account of his agency  about  overseas channel list which broadcast  ‘Tunnel’ as well as about how to watch CJH’s  previous works .  Our current goal is to show continuously a different charming appeal  for the PKH character for fans domestic and overseas, as ‘Tunnel’ still has to go a long way” conveyed a grateful feeling.

'Tunnel' starring Choi Jin Hyuk will be broadcast on OCN every Saturday and Sunday at 10 pm.

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article.asp?nsID=1183431

• Like 2

Hello! Not had time to hang around Soompi so often but glad to still see familiar faces :) I wasn't too sure about this project initially, but having watched a couple of episodes, could see why he picked it. He's forever the devoted guy - in all his projects, he's always picked characters like that. Loyal, faithful, devoted, unwavering.

Fighting! Hyuk Hyuk. Will always be rooting for you. :) celes80

• Like 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 27-Apr. 2, 2017

Tunnel  rose considerably in its third episode, reaching 4.2%. I wonder if it’ll continue to climb, but that’s a question we won’t have the answer to until next week.

Saturday, Apr. 1      
Father Is Weird 9 KBS 21.9%
You’re Too Much 9 MBC 11.3%
Father, I’ll Take Care of You 40 MBC 11.4%
Our Gap-soon 58 SBS 13.3%
Our Gap-soon 59 SBS 18.8%
Strong Woman Do Bong-soon 12 JTBC 8.5%
Tunnel 3 OCN 4.2%
Sunday, Apr. 2      
Father Is Weird 10 KBS
You’re Too Much 10 MBC
Father, I’ll Take Care of You 41 MBC
Tunnel 4 OCN

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-27-apr-2-2017/

• Like 1

On 01/04/2017 at 8:04 PM, celes80 said:

Hello! Not had time to hang around Soompi so often but glad to still see familiar faces :) I wasn't too sure about this project initially, but having watched a couple of episodes, could see why he picked it. He's forever the devoted guy - in all his projects, he's always picked characters like that. Loyal, faithful, devoted, unwavering.

Fighting! Hyuk Hyuk. Will always be rooting for you. :) celes80

Haha!  Loyal, Faithful, Devoted & Unwavering - so apt to describe Our Dear Oppa!  As much as you've been away, you're back as a Loyal & Faithful Fan of Jin-Hyuk ssi!  Your constant & unwavering support NOW is most precious to him! :wub:

• Like 2

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Tunnel - Drama" Episode 4

photo835822.jpg

We take a small break from the serial killings in "Tunnel - Drama" as Gwang-ho and the station group try to solve a series of break ins and a related murder. Seong-sik confronts Gwang-ho with his confession and that brings about a bigger need for caution on their part. Episode four also provides us with some much needed backstory for Jae-i and Seon-jae. The identity of the Gwang-ho born in 1988 is revealed and the serial killer resurfaces.

We finally have an adorable reunion between Gwang-ho (Choi Jin-hyuk) and Seong-sik (Jo Hee-bong). Everything from the way they fumble between formal and informal speech to their trust is lovely to see. It is also a smart writing decision. Seong-sik has inside knowledge and rank, meaning he provides emotional and practical support. He is also a receiver for our hero's thoughts and ideas. A hero constantly thinking or talking to himself about his own main story is less interesting than dialogue.

Seong-sik remembering what Gwang-ho said about him becoming chiefA young Jae-i and a victim in similar circumstances

I am glad to see that our other main characters are developed a bit as well. Jae-i's (Lee Yoo-young) story and the way it ties into Soo-jeong's tragedy tackles the topic of survivor guilt and it brings us closer to our leading lady. I feel that she has not been entirely truthful about her past, however. We still have the pencil mystery and her obsession with serial killers, so there is surely more to it than what she has revealed. She did say that those doing the talking often lie to achieve their goal after all.

We finally see Seon-jae's (Yoon Hyun-min) own story teased as well. I was entertaining the thought that he is Gwang-ho's son, since their current bickering and possible bonding later on must have a reason behind it. However, a birth secret feels too soapy for this series. Still, we are starting to chip away at his story just at the right time. Any more stalling and he would have remained too boring for too long. The fact that he has a past with the serial killer makes him relevant.

Seon-jae and Gwang-ho closing a caseThe killer resurfaces

Episode four has its standalone case, but I am glad to see that the main plot carries on. OCN shows have often had the problem of pushing the entirety of their main story to the beginning and end. I am also proven wrong in my earlier assumption that a younger Gwang-ho does not exist. I wonder whether his involvement is only caused by the time anomaly in order to cover for our protagonist or whether it means more.

At this point, I am slightly worried that the creators may not have time for everyone's personal arcs, a murder mystery and a well structured time traveling aspect. That being said, the drama's good balancing of these elements so far means that it can shift focus as needed. Now that the killer, who apparently never time traveled, is back I look forward to what lies beyond this introduction.

"Tunnel - Drama" is directed by Sin Yong-hwi and Kim Seong-min-I, written by Lee Eun-mi-III and features Choi Jin-hyuk, Yoon Hyun-min and Lee Yoo-young.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

credit : Hancinema

• Like 1