Macross Frontier

Guest madeinktown

Guest madeinktown

QUOTE Macross Frontier marks the 25th anniversary of the Macross anime franchise. It is a direct sequel to Macross 7 and follows the lives of Saotome Alto, Ranka Lee and a Pop Idol named Sheryl Nome on board the new space ship Macross Frontier. Human kind after the war against the Zentradi have spread across the universe in order to maintain humanity through the use of new space ships called the Macross Frontier in a effort to spread and maintain the culture of humanity.macross_macross_frontier_ranka_lee_saoto
***AnimeNewsNetwork***

for the macross fan who wants more, macross frontier is amazingly well done. even if you never seen macross (or robotech), it's definitely worth checking out.
macross-frontier-the-movie-ii-sayonara-n

c.jpg

d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Golden Zeta Gundam

watched 1st ep awhile ago

was massive!!!

the new VF fighters look stunning :P

i want Ep2 already , better not post episodes by the year like Macross Zero

going to chuck a skitz if they do

Guest MUGETSU

Yup.

Grew up on Robotech, but saw Macross and loved it!

Great to finally see another series.

___

Got the first episode over night. Animation looks top notch.

Guest MUGETSU

Just finally got to viewing the first episode.

Freaking nuts! Love it! GZG the Valkyries look ill!

I like the pop songs by Sheryl so far too, gotta find them!

The ending song Ai Oboetimasuka got me all nostalgic...woohoo Macross!

Guest MUGETSU

where is this episode 2 suppose to be...

i'm getting frustrated and i wanna know what happens.

actually what we saw was just a 27 minute cut of the first episode!

From MacrossWorld forums:

Radio Macross, the talk show dedicated to the Macross anime space opera with transforming robots and pop music, premiered on Japan airwaves this past weekend, and the Onsen website has begun its official streaming of entire episodes online on Tuesday. The radio show is part of the buildup for Macross Frontier, the 25th anniversary series that will air in Japan this April. The show will discusses news about Macross in general and Macross Frontier in particular. Radio Macross joins Onsen's roster of streamed shows, which includes Aria, ToHeart2, Rosario + Vampire, School Days, Mayumi Iizuka, Sky Girls, One Piece, Clannad, and more.

The two hosts of Radio Macross are Megumi Nakajima and Kenta Miyake. In Macross Frontier, Nakajima plays the heroine Ranka Lee, a Chinese restaurant waitress who dreams of meeting her pop idol and becoming a singer herself. Miyake plays the secondary character Bobby Margo, a bridge operator aboard the Macross 25 warship. A 27-minute early cut of Macross Frontier's first episode aired on Japanese television late last month to generally positive reviews.

And here's the link for the broadcast: http://onsen.ag/meta/macross0108.asx

Also from MacrossWorld Forums

QUOTE(ly000001 @ Jan 14 2008, 10:31 PM) *

Heh, the answer was under our noses the entire time smile.gif

In the back of one of the books that came with the limited edition remastered DYRL, there's a list of Zentraedi/Meltrandi words and their Japanese or English translations. "De culcha" (デ:カルチャ) is translated as "stupid thing" (バカな事) or "terrifying thing" (恐ろしい事). By themselves, "de" (デ) means "no" or acts as a negative prefix, and "culcha" (カルチャ) means "wonderful thing" (素晴らしい事).

Sorry I was typing this on a non Asian pack installed computer. but that's what deculture means! haha

Guest MUGETSU

This has probably been brought up before, but I downloaded Macross Zero to watch it again and noticed Sheryl's last name is the same as Mao's and Sara's.

Maybe they're related?

Gosh I want more episodes NOW!

• 2 months later...
Guest MUGETSU

First and Second episodes out!

Crazy series.

Loving it so far.

A ton of anime fans are sleeping on such a great anime. Then again I feel better that it hasn't really blown up...keep it for the real fans!

Guest Golden Zeta Gundam

lol loved how he asked for a valkyrie like a hero then gets knocked down for asking

in typical anime they get one , this got realistic :P

Guest papabear

Just saw episode 4--lots of good fanboy service, especially with the Meltran mecha and pilots--though one has to wonder what's up with Kuran Kuran becoming a kid when she's micronized.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived