[movie 2000] Ditto / Dong Gam 동감

Guest tsukushi_makino

Guest tsukushi_makino
Kim Ha Neul, Yoo Ji Tae
I wanna watch it again. dont remember what happens that well. so anyone watched it???? let's talk about it and ANYONE CAN SHARE THIS MOVIE? I WANNA WATCH IT SO BAD. click here for a LARGER picture SYNOPSIS: There are a man and a woman who look at the same thing at the same time in different years. A woman who lives in 1979 is So-eun, studying English literature at a university, and she is happy, enjoying one-sided secret love for someone. Her intimate friend, Seon-mi, always with her, sharing everything with her. One day, she accidently finds a used radio on the street. That night, when the moon is about to be eclipsed, she hears a strange man's deem voice from the radio. His name is In, studying Creative Advertising at the same university with So-eun. She makes an appointment to meet him in front of the clock tower at the school. Ji-in, a man who lives in 2000 is crazy about amateur radio communications. He is a sophomore majoring in Creative Advertising. He doesn't pay attention to his girl friend, Hyeon-ji, although her heart is fully occupied by him. One day he receives a message from a woman, So-eun, who is a student of the same university. He makes an appointment to meet her in front of the clock tower at the school. So-eun is waiting for him in the campus where the clear sky is filled with tear gas. She is still waiting for him, standing in front of the clock tower and watching the the demonstration led by students. The clock tower was under construction. But, he doesn't show up until two hours are passed. And after a few hours later, he is waiting for So-eun in the rain in front of the clock tower. The clock tower is completed. What has happened to them? Both of them are very angry with the appointment. However, they later find out the reason why they could not meet each other then. They are living in 21 years of time difference. Same feeling - After then, mysterious contacts are continued between them through wireless communications. They talk to each other about their individual stories: secret love and friendships, the world they are belonged and people who always live enthusiastically with constant love in their hearts. By sharing these stories of life and love, they become one heart and their love blossoms. However, different destinies are waiting ahead of them. Can they conquer the time difference between 1979 and 2000 to meet each other?

Guest xosandy

200px-Ditto_Poster.jpg

Cast-

Yoo Ji Tae:Ji In

Kim Ha Neul:Yoon So-eun

Ha Ji Won:Seo Hyeon-ji

Park Yong Wu:Dong-hee

http://www.asiandb.com/browse/movie_detail...=review&num=404

1cd

ed2k://|file|동감.2000.DVDRip.DivX-PosTX.avi|725063680|345EC687BF6399C2148BC81CA922381D|

2cd

ed2k://|file|동감(상).SBC-AC3.avi|735082496|B6D1744AF6E2DCFFF5B52D9047FB02D6|

ed2k://|file|동감(하).SBC-AC3.avi|733798400|56D5868BDD74974843CD9F1808F61D8C|

Guest hyaemin01

ah, this movie is so good... sad, but good. i have it on VHS, ahahah

i love the "hand" thing. it def made an impression on me ^^

Guest banana_milk

^i was thinking the EXACT same thing! I was like..."hey, isn't this like Shi Wol Eh" --aka Il Mare.

Except for Il Mare, their connection is a post box.

Has anyone seen both movies? The plots of these two movies sound exactly the same from the synopsis.

^I've seen both. Yes, they share a similar "love across time" theme (mailbox vs. ham radio), but ultimately they're very different movies.

The synopsis in the 1st post is misleading. Unlike the protagonists in "Il Mare", Yoo JiTae and Kim HaNeul's characters aren't even romantically linked. In does cultivate a crush on SoEun, but at the most, they share a special friendship/fascination that catalyze certain realizations about their own lives: He comes to appreciate HJW's character more, while SoEun--learning of their "connection" (the central conflict)--decides to sacrifice her love for her senior. Also, "Ditto" has a bigger time gap (21 years), with SoEun's "past" timeline happening during a very turbulent era in Korean history, thus the cultural differences between past and present Korea is significantly highlighted.

I personally prefer "Il Mare", but like I said, the 2 movies only loosely belong to the same genre. "Ditto" is a heavier, more sentimental melodrama. And unlike "Il Mare", there is no hope of a happy ending for SoEun. One of my favorite scenes is when she tells In (near the end of the movie) that people have a "scent" and once you love someone, you remember their scent forever. :( And I found it heartbreaking, the part where In wanted to have a glimpse of the present-day SoEun to reassure himself that he didn't ruin her life. Sure, from all appearances she was a healthy, functioning member of society, a well-liked teacher. (nitpicky comment: KHN looked exactly the same 20 years after. Only with GLASSES, d'oh! Couldn't they have put a bit of aging prosthetics on her? *rolleyes*) But it was obvious from the gently understanding-yet-infinitely-sad gaze she gave In (who didn't have to introduce himself, but I think she knew EXACTLY who he was, and that that day was coming) that she wasn't as happy as she could have been. (And from their research, they learned that she never married.) It's a tough call--if she had stood up for her love, would history have been different? Or because of what she learned, it became a self-fulfilling prophecy? Would the 2 have hooked up anyway, with or without her help? Were they really meant to be? (After all, they met at the hospital while they were both injured, and all evidence points to the 2 having a happy marriage in the present.) But SoEun made her choice: she broke the heart of the man she loved and her own--primarily (I think) so that In could exist in the future. :tears:

This was one of KHN's early movies and ironically, she displayed more maturity in this role than in most of her recent ones (poor girl's been typecasted in comedies). YJT was still a bit raw, but acquitted himself well as always (plus the blue hair!). I wouldn't have recognized Ha JiWon if I hadn't been paying attention to the opening credits--she looked REALLY young, heh. And when I watched this I didn't even know who the hell Park YongWoo was, much less guess at his future greatness in "My Scary Girl" and beyond. Lastly: Who knew Jang Jin had this much mushiness in him? :lol:

This isn't a great movie imo, but it's not a bad way to while away 2 hours.

For those looking for a copy, you can also dl <it> from naynay123's CB.

photo824az.jpg

donggam0jj.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I have this movie DVD long time ago....I also watch the Japanese & Chinese Version too ( Sky Of Love~Gigi Leung & Ken Zhu ) This movie so far so good not too bad.... :rolleyes::phew:

ditto.jpg

Guest asian_love2788

i really want to watch this, does anyone know where i can buy this with english sub?! thanx bunchies.

the storyline sounds really good; more sad ending than il mara. which one came out first, this or il mara?!

Guest bakatenchu

anyone here where can i download the substitle files of the fashion 70s..? i got the movie but no subs...quite depressed here..tanks

Guest Aoijen

I know this movie but 5 year ago I dun buy this DVD coz I think this cover like this couple like nice movie :sweatingbullets:

• 1 month later...
Guest yum yum dimsum

ive read that this was 'better' than Il Mare, so i watched it...

dont even know why the two movies are compared.. they have similar 'mysterious unexplained past-future contact' theme but that was the ONLY similarity.

This was an OK movie.. KHN was good, YJT was annoying at times.

it was pretty slow during the beginning but when she finds out that her bestfriend turned out to be YJT's mom and her 'crush/boyfriend(i dunno)' is his dad.. that's when i got really into it. overall, a mediocre film. i expected it to be better.

Guest coookie1004

didnt americans copy this movie? i think there was a recent movie wit the same story... something about a house in a lake though

Guest swtgrllubzyooh

i watched this movie

it was good

it was kinda sad though

didnt americans copy this movie? i think there was a recent movie wit the same story... something about a house in a lake though

No, this movie wasn't the remake that the Americans did. The movie that they remake was "Il Mare".

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived